LT. LIU'S BLESSINGS

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! SORRY FOR BEING AWAY FOR SO LONG! FINALLY HERE IT IS LT. LIU'S CHAPTER HEHEHE... ;) 

PEACE YOW!~ 

 

 

 

EPILOGUE - AMBER

 


[3 Years Later]

 

[This is 3 years after the twin’s 1st birthday.]

 


Gangwon Province

 

 

 

 

“Amber?” 

 

I opened my eyes from my nap hearing my wife’s gentle voice, my gaze still hazy from sleep. Blinking twice with a yawn, my eyes cleared up and saw Krystal gazing down on me with worry. This woman… always worried. Oh well... can’t help it. After everything that happened... she does have the right to worry. And I do, too. So much.

 

Oh wow… I fell asleep on her lap that’s why. Can’t help it… the cool breeze and lying on the grass made me sooo sleepy. Add to that a combo of Krystal’s tender touches that always makes me calm… definitely a good nap.

 

“Yes Sajangnim?…” I asked as a reply. Her free hand cups the side of my face with a smile I so love to see everyday. The smile that once faded away when we were hit with a curve ball thrown to us by fate.

 

I rested my right hand over hers rubbing my cheeks on the smoothness of her palm and smiled. A smile assuring her everything is fine. 

 

“You fell asleep again Soldier~…”

 

“How can you not fall asleep in this kind of weather and environment? You know that’s the reason why I love living in Gangwon…”

 

She nodded her head still looking at me, her eyes now void of worry. Flashing me her cute eye smile  showing approval. “Hmmm… true. Even the twins love it when we go home at weekends…” 

 

“Its a change of scenery for them… instead of seeing tall buildings back at Seoul, they see nature…. fresh air once in a while…”

 

“I know right? If only we can go and live here permanently…” 

 

“Its okay Sajangnim… maybe when they are already big we can finally stay here for good. Our work requires us to be in Seoul…” I said.

 

She nodded again, now with a pout, agreeing with my words. How can this woman and Mother of twins in her early thirties can look so breathtakingly beautiful without even trying and at the same time cute?

 

I raised my head a little to meet her lips. Planting a peck that turned into a lingering kiss leaving a smile after on her luscious lips she likes to bite. That kind of bite that she knows always gets me... really gets me that if i don’t control myself the two of us are probably rolling now on the grass giggling and kissing like teenagers.

 

“Yah! Stop that!”

 

“What~...? I’m not doing anything~....” Tssss.... 

 

She giggled. The Sajangnim giggled like an 18 year old AGAIN and pouted AGAIN. MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS GOD FORGIVE ME FOR HAVING A VERY ACTIVE MIND JUST BY LOOKING AT MY GODDESS OF A WIFE! 

 

“Am... as I was saying, maybe we should try to go home more often. Like instead of Saturday afternoons, why not we make it Friday evenings after office? We can go straight from the office coming home here... right?”  

 

“Hmmm... how about your Saturday office? You got half days on Saturdays, remember…?”

 

“Then I will ask Luna to make an Inter-Office Memo stating all documents that are needed for my immediate attention should be passed in my office by Friday before office hour ends. No CEO’s office by Saturday and well we are closed by Sundays.”

 

I replied with a chuckle, reaching for her glowing cheeks then pinches it lightly. “Your call, Sajangnim. I’m just a lowly Servant in your Kingdom.... awwww!~ Don’t pinch my cheeks!” Damn that pinch is something! 

 

She snorted and even flicked my forehead playfully. “I’m asking you as your wife not as your Boss... tsk tsk tsk...” 

 

“Then here is my answer as your wife and not as your employee.” I took her hand and intertwined it with mine. “That will really be lovely and convenient not just for us but also for the twins. You know why? Because it means more play time for them and they are going to look forward going home every Friday night as they grow up...” she nodded slowly getting what I am saying then tilted her head to the right then asked. “There’s a BUT coming, isn’t it?”

 

Hahaha... she really knows me. “Yeah... BUT... How are we going to manage the kids by Friday? Like, are we going to have them be pick-up by the bodyguards with Miss Narae going to DaeJeong or are we going to bring them in the office by Friday and wait until both of us goes off from work? Who will take care of them?”

 

She sighed deeply thinking about what I said. I know how her mind works, she’s probably already thinking about the Pros and Cons. Weighing her options and formulating her strategy like the Businesswoman of the Year she is for two consecutive years.  

 

I stare at her face with wonder and glee while she racks her brain out of what to do. Admiring the pout she still have that it makes me smile. “Krys…”

 

“Maybe we can try it for a month… like a trial. Plus we have the Daycare Center for the employees’ children. They can stay there while we are working then we will pick them up after office hours. Just like what the other employees does.” she nodded while looking ahead. I turned my head on where she is staring, releasing a chuckle when I saw where she is looking at. It was the flower bed I made in our garden where I planted various colors of Tulips and Lavenders blooming now that it is Spring time. Add to that the Sakura petals slowly showering us when the wind blows. This is what I love about Spring time in our garden, very pleasing in the eyes.  

 

The twins love the garden and I am very proud to say that every flower blooming here was planted by yours truly. The Sakura sapling I planted when the house was being built 8 years ago and damn its beautiful in Spring time. The twin rascals love running around and picking up the scattered petals like what they are doing now. 

 

It will be good for the twins if they will grow up in this place and spend their childhood here. But as much as we want them to, Krystal and I cannot be away from Seoul because of work at the same time be away from them. We don’t want them to grow up not seeing us everyday, only taking care and spending time with them on weekends. No, we don’t want our twins to grow up feeling abandoned and unloved. 

 

No matter what happens, we promised that we will take care of the twins together. From the moment they open their eyes in the morning until they close their eyes in the evening to sleep, we want them to see us being there for them. Witnessing all their firsts and recording it, taking care of them when they are sick, feeding them till they are happy and full, make them smile. Giving them the love and care we can give even if both of us are too tired coming home from work. Even though Mommy Sajangnim just came home from a business trip and me from a night shift, Krystal and I will still have the energy to take care of them. Just their giggles and happy smiles takes the tiredness away.

 

I rose from Krystal’s lap and sat in between her legs who wrapped her arms around me in a comforting back hug. “You know… maybe we can try that “trial period” Krys. Let’s do that for a month… we can go to work with them in the morning then leave them in the Day Care.” I felt her chin rested on my left shoulder and you know what?

 

It feels great. Having her that near to me.

 

Why?

 

Because the things I feel are still the same. Being near her that much still makes my heart jump and my stomach do somersaults. She still have that effect on me that makes my knees weak and my heart swell in adoration.

 

Her hands continued on caressing my head in tender loving touches, her slender fingers combing my unruly fluffy hair that she loves to tease. I turned my head to the left and planted a lingering kiss on her cheek, my nose inhaling her scent that is already imprinted in my nostrils. “Stop it~… you’re sniffing the hell out of me again!” she exclaimed that caught the attention of our daughter Alexa playing not far away from where we are. She was digging dirt or rather trying to dig dirt with her plastic shovel, the dirt going straight to her twin brother’s feet. I gave my little Miss a thumbs up and a wink, she crinkled her nose just like how her Mommy does then stuck out her tongue on me. Tsk tsk… this one’s a rebel in the making.

 

“Were you like that when you were young?” I asked Krystal who tightened her hug on me with a giggle. We watch the twins dig and stomp the ground, Sebastian making a mound of dirt on his lap that made me cringe. Oh oh. 

 

“Hmmm… Yoona unnie said I was mischievous, I do remember some times I played pranks on my siblings. I was 7, I threw the bubble gum I was chewing and it landed on Jessica unnie’s hair. I slept for a month in between my parents for fear that she will cut all of my hair.”

 

“How I wish I had siblings like you.” tsk. Being an only child was no fun.

 

I snickered in her hold when I saw Sebastian stand up and run to our direction.  “Ugh!” Before I can even sit straight, he rammed into me in a huge hug giggling and panting. God…. my boy is growing so fast! “Hey little guy!…”

 

“Seb, you almost crushed Mama!” our little boy flashed his handsome grin, peppering kisses on Krystal’s cheeks while I hold him tight. This little guy… when he was born he was so tiny… the moment I saw him that day, he owned my heart instantly like how his sister did. He wasn’t breathing at first that I thought we are going to lose him… thank God it was just delayed for a bit. 

 

After peppering his Mommy with his sloppy kisses, he turned to me holding both sides of my head, his beautiful eyes big with wonder and excitement exclaiming:

 


“Mama! Noona and I are going to make a big, big, big, swimming pool!!” OH GREAT. 

 

He peppered my face with kisses too like what he did to Krystal then ran back to his noona who looks so serious with her job to dig and make a swimming pool in our garden. Krystal and I looked at each other then back at our eldest daughter Alexa, digging the dirt with enthusiasm while instructing her ever dependable twin brother to dig too. Jackjack is also with them scratching the ground with his paws helping his two buddies. “Oh Lord…” shaking my head with a smile. I let out a chuckle thinking to myself what did I do in my life to deserve those wonderful kids and this loving wife holding me affectionately. 

 

“Remind me again why I agreed buying them those plastic gardening thingys…” sometimes I just can’t help it, even though I tell them its a no-no I still end up buying for them.

 

Krystal snorted, reaching for my nose pinching it. Awww. “Because you love those two too much, just one fake sob from the little Ninjas you instantly bend.” hehehe… what can I do? They want it!

 

“Its okay to let them play dirt once in a while, right?”

 

“Of course, don’t worry about it. Let them be kids.” both of us sighed our eyes still glued on our two little Angels enjoying their time with dirt. “At least its dirt, not horse poop.” both of us cringe remembering Yoona’s hilarious story about Jessica and Yuri’s set of twins Dong-chul and Dong-woo mistaking horse poop as mud. She said Jessica was so furious when Yuri and the kids showed up on the steps of their house looking like they rolled on a pool of mud. We didn’t even let Yoona finish the story because just thinking about it already grossing us out.

 


The little Ninja Alexa is now shoveling all the dirt she can dig placing it on top of her brother’s head, our boy giggling with the idea. Tsk tsk tsk…. clothes… dirty…. muddy… damn. “We are going to save money with this two, see? We don’t have to hire workers to do the job of digging for a swimming pool.”

 

“I know, right? Thank God for these kids.” I mumbled in a deadpanned voice.

 

We enjoyed the comfortable silence we shared, watching Alexa and Seb huff and scream digging the swimming pool they want. Until both of us burst out laughing knowing how silly we sounded a few moments ago. Krystal was the first to break the silence, pulling me again for a tight back hug before planting a kiss on my cheeks. I rested my hands on top of hers that is resting on my stomach, whispering to her ear. “Maybe its time we intervene with those two Sajangnim. They are ruining my garden right this minute.”

 

“You know Honey… I think you’re right. Better get those two before they really end up making a swimming pool.”

 

“Yeah, you better stop those two or else tell them no ICE CREAM LATER!” I shouted the last part for the two rascals to hear, both of them turning their heads on our direction with a cute pout. Oh look at them hahaha! Their faces full of dirt I just have to grab Krystal’s phone and take a video of them while snapping some pictures. 

 

Krystal unwrapped her arms around me and stood up, patting my head before joining our kids on their big ambitious project today. Yesterday it was coloring the wall of their room back in our unit with yellow crayons, the other day they were hard at work putting We Bare Bears stickers on the front side of Mommy’s office desk with a goal of covering the whole table because as what my little Ninja Alexa exclaimed, “It looks COOOOOLLLLL!”. Luna almost got a heart attack when she saw it, I don’t know if I will laugh and cry while their Mommy Sajangnim shook her head knowing its done and there is nothing we can do about it. The front side of her table was full of stickers I don’t know where they got (turns out it came from Aunt Victoria who had a meeting with Mommy early in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter