Endings and Beginnings...

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! 

WE HAVE COME TO THE END OF OUR STORY AND I JUST WANT TO SAY HOW GRATEFUL I AM TO ALL THE SUBSCRIBERS/READERS WHO PATIENTLY WAITED FOR THE SLOW UPDATES. I APOLOGIZE AT THE SAME TIME ASHAMED THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED JUST LIKE BEFORE.

MOVIES AND FAIRYTALES ALWAYS ENDS UP WITH THE TWO LEADS LIVING 'HAPPILY EVER AFTER' AS IF LIFE DOESN'T THROW A CURVE BALL HITTING THEM. EVERYONE WANTS A HAPPY ENDING ESPECIALLY IN KRYBER FICS AND NO, THE ENDING OF THIS STORY IS NOT GROTESQUE NOR ANGSTY. ITS A HAPPY ENDING I PROMISE! ;)

SO YEAH, ENJOY!

PEACE YOW!~

 

 

[Continuation from the previous chapter..]

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Investigations on crime inside the exclusive residential complex, top priority of the Prosecutors’ Office” 

Writer: Park Sang Woo

Jusang Ilbo News

 

 

Investigations are already being conducted by the Prosecutors’ Office following the bloody incident that transpired three days ago inside the exclusive residential complex located in Hannam-dong.

The victim was known to be a former executive of DaeJeong Corporation surnamed Choi. Mister Choi died on the spot when one member of the Seoul District Police-SOU shot him from what they indicated as ‘self-defense’. It was reported that Mister Choi unlawfully entered the private residential complex and broke inside the Chairwoman’s home. Luckily, the Chairwoman of DaeJeong Corporation was not present at that time. Investigators are looking into motives of the incident and has strong suspicion that it is caused by revenge. Based on reports around the business circle, Mister Choi was fired from the company because of his multiple violations that is scandal worthy.   

A rotting body, believed to be one of the Security Guards that went missing a day before the tragedy, was already found inside the sewer from the unit being owned by popular TV show host Kim Heechul, who apparently was a close friend of Mr. Choi. Mr. Kim was already invited for questioning same as the people present on the day of the incident to know their involvement. Another corpse was also found previously in the unit where Mister Choi went in hiding, the identity was said to be belonging to another Security Guard of the residential complex.

No further reports were being given by authorities until now.

We shall patiently wait for further announcements.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I heaved a deep sigh after reading the article posted online by one famous news company. Flashes of one particular scene crossing my mind giving goosebumps all over my body. I shook my head in a slow manner, closing my eyes tight then opening it again 10 seconds after.

 

Blood... the smell of blood makes me dizzy...

 

Until now I can smell his blood... his blood on my face...

 

Closing my eyes again I took deep, calm breaths to relax my mind and free myself from any negative thoughts. I should forget about it... it was self-defense. If Amber was not fast enough to react then I am probably lying on a hospital bed now... or...

 

Being mourned by my family and Amber.

 

Everything will be alright.

 

I pushed the Home button of my iPad then placed it back on the coffee table here in Doctor Hwang’s office clinic. My eyes drifting to Amber who is sitting on the examination chair being checked by an Ophthalmologist that Doctor Hwang recommended.

 

Amber… she complained to me about her vision. And she only talked about the blurriness yesterday after we were given clearance by the investigators to go home. My heart filled with worry especially when she said it prevented her from shooting Siwon while they were having a fight inside our unit.

 

She narrated to me everything that transpired that time. How she and Kwangsoo went inside, the blood they saw on the floor… the body of the dead security guard that Siwon rolled like a burrito on my precious Persian carpet (ㅜ_ㅜ).

 

Luna as always did well on her job. No mention whatsoever of Amber’s involvement in any media reports, even her identity was never mentioned. 

 

Its not that we are covering everything and hiding Amber. Amber herself said she doesn’t want the incident to blow up in the media. Its just that… her identity should always be hidden because the moment people sees her name in the headlines, they will be curious who she is. She can’t risk her former job let alone team members and organization. They are considered a force that never existed and it should remain like that. There are better cases and incidents to talk about rather than what happened to us. She actually volunteered herself to the Prosecution and gave her statement so she can clear everything. Under the presence of a U.S. Embassy staff and a high ranking officer from Camp Humphreys, Amber gave the Prosecutor handling the case all the information they needed and what happened. I also gave my statement about it together with Atty. Kim Taeyeon beside me. Both of us were cleared and was permitted to go home.

 

My siblings found out about what happened. Yuri unnie and Hae-In oppa came to the Prosecutor’s Office to support us while the two waited for updates back home. Yuri said Jessica unnie was the one who broke the news to our pregnant sister that her estranged husband died. Yoona unnie was taken to the nearest hospital because she fainted upon hearing the sad news. She and the baby are fine now and she’s already back home... preparing for the funeral of her husband tomorrow.

 

After this check-up Amber and I will travel back to Guri to attend Siwon’s funeral. I took an Emergency Leave so that I can be with my sister and console her.

 

I don’t know how to describe this feeling... this feeling of remorse. Here I am consoling my pregnant sister whose estranged and crazy husband tried to kill me. The same husband who is now lying there in his coffin who is being mourned because my fiancée shoot him to save my life. Should I even feel this way?

 

I shouldn’t, right?

 

If he didn’t try to attack me... he will still be alive and will be detained. He still has a chance to pay for his sins and repent... maybe he can still change his life after a prison term and see his children grow... maybe he still had the chance to see his child be born into this world… maybe he and Hwa Young will have a chance to live quietly like what Hwa Young told me as they planned.

 

Maybe...

 

Its all ‘maybe’.

 

Everything happens for a reason.

 

Every decision we make affects everyone in our life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Days, weeks, months passed…

 

After that horrible experience, Amber and I decided to stay in a two-bedroom unit we bought at SIGNIEL RESIDENCES located at Lotte World Tower.

 

Yep, THAT tower.

 

 

That super tower residence in Jamsil. We got a unit at the 70th floor and the view is super amazing!

 

 

And of course with its high cost comes various amenities, its strong security and privacy (that Amber and I value so much especially with what happened at Hannam), and close proximity to Guri. Although travelling time going to the office has increased, its fine. I love how we can drive to Guri without worrying traffic and city crowds plus the Hangang Park is just a few minutes away.        

 

We even got a discount when we purchased the unit hehehe… don’t ask why. Its a Chairman to Chairman agreement.

 

Have I mentioned already that the view is amazing? Han River view, spectacular view of Seoul, the sunrise and sunset everyday… its worth it. Worth every million Won we spent.

 

Anyway, the money we used to buy the unit was a small part of that ‘generous compensation’ the US government gave to Amber. Let’s just say its part of that agreement I have with them when Amber was taken hostage by the North Korean soldiers and she deserves it. I told Amber about it and she said I made the right move because if not, they will never give that ‘generous compensation’ in exchange for her silence about the ‘almost’ international incident. Last time we heard, the confidential incident is still being investigated until now and the manhunt for that ex-CIA Agent is still ongoing.

 

Anyway…

 

How much was it?

 

Hmmm…. enough to feed us for the rest of our lives.

 

And by the way, Amber got her inheritance from her estranged Uncle in Taiwan. We received news from her cousin, the Chairman’s son, that Chairman Liu succumbed to Prostate Cancer after one year of fighting against it. On his Will, he left money in the bank for Amber and shares of stocks in four different publicly traded major US companies. He also left a letter for Amber asking forgiveness in everything he had done. Saying how much he regrets everything and he already had his Karma through the sickness he had.

 

Amber was contemplating if she should decline the money and take only the stocks, I advised her that taking the stocks is a good choice. In the end, she decided to take the stocks and the total amount of money that her Uncle robbed him back then (the amount of the insurance money her parents left her). The remaining money she donated to a foundation that provides support to the families of those military personnel who have given their lives fighting against terror.

 

Of course the house in Gangwon is already finished. Amber was hands-on in everything regarding that house and I’m glad she had something to be busy about. Her therapy went well and she’s back into shape, two legs and a hot trained body. One set back she had was about her vision, she experiences blurriness when she sees close objects, sometimes objects far away. Doctor Hwang said it is possibly caused by the head trauma Amber received while she was held captive by those North Koreans. Her head was hit a couple of times according to Amber, its really a miracle that she is still with us. The Doctor said in normal cases, Amber should be dead by now.  

 

Now she always wear her eyeglasses which made her look so attractive by the way. Not that I’m saying she is not attractive because she is! The round specs actually added to that attractiveness she already has. I like it at the same time hates it too sometimes. Why?

 

All those giggly women who sees Amber swoons in an instant just by looking at her. Whenever we will go out to eat or go to the mall women of all ages can’t stop looking at her. Not just women, men too! What the Hell!

 

There was one time while we were eating in this small Japanese restaurant somewhere in Seoul that we frequent. We were having a good chat about what odd documentary to watch in Netflix while having fresh Sashimi and Uni when the waiter handed a tissue to Amber then pointed at the other end of the Sushi bar. Two women waved at us (or her) flashing their flirty smiles, probably same age as me, both of them were wearing Gucci, Balmain, and LV Supreme from head to foot (the brands were blatantly exposed what can I do?). My blood was boiling in annoyance that I took the tissue from Amber’s hands and read the message written in there. It was a contact number, with a kiss mark, and the words “Care to join us and ditch your friend, oppa~? Sushi on us sounds great… (>_^)” I ripped it apart while looking at their hanging mouths with a sweet smile. Amber even dared to laugh at me! My elbow connected on her stomach real good but still laughing. When her laugh died down, she turned to the women and said aloud for everyone in the Sushi Bar to hear “I’m so sorry Unnies but I can’t ditch my fiancée in exchange of you two. I love her more than eating free Sushi over your bodies…”. Our night ended by going home after the dinner, me punishing her for being a chic magnet even without doing anything.

 

Let’s just say its a punishment she enjoyed so much. *winkwink*

 

That I enjoyed too especially when the Soldier passed out after the fourth round because ehem… I won~…     

 

Until now no one knows Amber’s real identity and past. She uses her Chinese name ‘Yiyun’ in Korean public documents, her background as a former US Army Lieutenant remained but her association with the Delta Force is kept confidential. She still uses Amber Liu in her American Passport but is now known as Liu Yiyun in Korean soil.

 

For her to be able to live in Korea, she has to do it in a legal way. Well… more of the best way. After she retired from Delta Force she was given the chance to do clerical work. She worked as a Plans and Operations Specialist at Camp Humphreys, the pay was good and she said its fine because at least she can use the knowledge she acquired when she was still in Special Forces. That if she changes her mind then she will grab the job I offered at the company. What’s important is her Military Visa and permanent employment under the US Army gives her a chance to stay in Korea and live with me for a long time.

 

She did changed her mind after a year hehehe…

 

Now she works at DaeJeong Corporation, under the Corporate Security Department.

 

She wanted to start from below even though our own Chief Corporate Security Officer said she is way more than overqualified to be a Security Guard because of her veteran status as a former US Army officer. But she still insisted so I let her. No one from Human Resource Department knew about Amber’s affiliation with me, I let her be endorse by Luna and she is known as Liu Yiyun.

 

We have to be careful so that employees will not suspect anything about our relationship. Both of us knows that when employees starts to gossip, it will greatly affect her working condition same as my reputation in the company and worse, if it gets out then my reputation in the business world. I am proud of her and our relationship but I also have to be careful because no matter how revolutionary it may be for a female CEO to have a girlfriend and admit it to the whole world, business is still business.  Majority of businesses are being run by men. Men will always be men.

 

I never heard from Hwa Young again after that fateful day. She never appeared at Siwon’s wake and funeral even though how many times I call her number she doesn’t pick up. Worried and scared about her disappearance, I asked Kwangsoo to hire someone to find Hwa Young and her whereabouts. They searched for her in the province and even asked her remaining relatives and friends but no one knows where she is. They even checked if there are any records of her leaving the country but none… there was none. It was like she disappeared in a snap with no traces of her whereabouts. I know she is grieving and utterly shocked too with what she witnessed that day. Even me… I know how it feels. I saw how Amber almost died in front of me when she was shot in the bridge.. its just that Amber is alive and Siwon is dead.

 

If I encounter that kind of situation again with Amber… I don’t know what else will happen to me. Maybe I’ll go crazy. I don’t want to lose her.

 

Ever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After careful thinking and overflowing desire to start our family while we are still able and young, Amber and I decided to start the process of having children of our own and finally get married the year after.

 

Having children is definitely something that both of us had talk about with excitement especially after what happened to Amber. Of course its not an easy task, having children means another set of lifelong responsibilities. Its different from taking care of JJ for sure. From infancy to adult years we will be responsible to shape our children to be a good person, teach them values and show them that even though the world we live in is not perfect, what matters most is your desire to live and be happy.

 

And well, we have to get married before we start building the family we dream about. Step by step until we reach the goal. Hehe… :)

 

It was the first day of Spring when we held our private wedding ceremony in New York. Spring in New York has always been breathtaking that's why I love it. The wedding was simple and intimate, attended by our family and closest friends. We had Halmeoni fly with us to New York for the first time and Sungjae too. Even Hae-In oppa was present and the Elder Lee. My sisters who were truly happy that finally we are getting married (Jessica unnie was happy at the same time nagging me because she and Yuri unnie will have to move their wedding plans next year hehehe.. her fault anyway! XD ) Luna and Victoria attended too, the two of them were the ones who helped me with the preparation. Even though simple and intimate, I still want the best.

 

Halmeoni was the one who walked me down the short aisle as Amber, or should I say Lt. Amber J Liu dressed in her military formal uniform with all her ribbons and medals proudly attached, waited beside her Best Man Kwangsoo. It was held at sunset in a beautiful rooftop garden overlooking the magnificent view of St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Fifth Ave. The reception followed at Salon De Ning, the roof top bar of The Peninsula New York where all of us were billeted. We had the west terrace exclusive for our party of 50 (bodyguards and nannies included of course) even though the minimum guaranteed is at 100 persons. The food was great, drinks overflowed for everyone. It was a happy night most especially for Amber and I.

 

 

She even made a speech (although I know she was already partly drunk from too much Champagne, shots of Tequila from Kwangsoo and the bodyguards, plus Yuri unnie’s urging of drinking Wine) that time basically telling everyone our love story (she revealed how I managed to make her believe nothing happened between the two of us the night we met, much to the surprised of my siblings who turned their heads on me with their silly and erted grins. Tss.) in a kinda drunk way. She was funny without even trying, her formal jacket discarded, wearing her white dress shirt with sleeves rolled up to her elbow. I swear to God even though she looks so hot and y that time, I was burning in embarrassment but in a good way because of her story. In the end, she turned serious while staring straight at me with her shy and loving smile quoting:

 

“My wife probably thought I’m Captain America or Ironman because I saved her life a couple of times. For her I look so cool when I hold a gun, wear my Army uniform or kick some even though sometimes she do kick my .” My sisters cannot control their giggles that turned into snickers. Even Hae-In oppa was giggling while patting my head like a kid shaking his head. Amber flashed me a grin then continued, “What she didn’t know is… the moment she saw me that night in front of Halmeoni’s restaurant… that was the moment she started saving my life.” I felt my cheeks burning, my lips curving into a shy smile as families and friends go ‘Awww’ on what she confessed. “She was the saviour I never knew I needed and the person I never imagined I cannot live without. Before I met her, I have nothing to lose. I was fearless. I jump down from planes as high as 30,000 feet and free fall at pitch black sky only wearing my Night Vision goggles, walk on raids with bullets flying everywhere no care if one grazes my body. All I ever wanted was to end my life… to end my emptiness because I have nothing… I have no one waiting for me. When she came… finally… finally I have someone waiting for me. Finally… I am not alone anymore.”  

 

 

“I love her so much but she loves me too much. Too much that she’s willing to buy a Helicopter for me as a gift. Thank God I stopped her from doing it and instead, I brought her to a breadshop and told her whatever bread she wants I will buy for her. Do you know what she did? She asked the Manager of the breadshop to pack everything on display and charge it to me! Can you believe that!? She almost made me broke in less than a minute! Hahaha… The whole car smells like newly baked bread and she loves it… she was happy, glowing, contented in snipping the aroma and nipping in small bites the bread in her hands. We brought it back to the office and she asked her secretary to have the breads we bought be delivered in every departments, sharing it all to her employees. That is how selfless she is… that is how kind and loving Krystal Jung is.”

 

“When I was in the middle of the desert training soldiers, all I do to survive was to think of her and her smile. In times of danger, all I have to do is utter her name like a prayer, thinking of her face and constant reminder of me to come back home safely. It always… always works. She always… just the thought of her… saved my life. That is why I made a vow to the Heavens, to myself, and to your parents’ grave that I will protect her from harm. I was never this talkative but being with her made me so. So pardon me for my cheesiness but all I wanted to say is that… Fate brought us together again at the right time. Until now I can’t believe our paths crossed when we were still kids… its like Fate introduced my future that moment and told me when the right time comes, the two of you will meet again in the most unexpected place and time.” she smiled again flashing her mischievous wink. “I am so glad I puke on the right girl~…”

 

The small crowd was laughing at her joke same as me who feign annoyance raising my fist for her to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter