SATURDAY FUN DAY

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! A SHORT UPDATE TODAY FOR ALL OF YOU. :)

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SUBSCRIBERS (OLD AND NEW!) AND TO THOSE WHO UPVOTED THE STORY THANK YOU SO MUCH!:D FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T UPVOTED, JUST CLICK THE UPVOTE BUTTON AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER OR LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS EVERYTHING IS APPRECIATED :)

JUST A QUIET AFTERNOON OF DRINKING WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS...

ENJOY!

PEACE YOW!~

 

 

CHAPTER 29

 

 

 

Day 84 of 91

 

KRYSTAL'S POV

 

 

“How are you and Amber? Have you started planning about the wedding?” I choke on my own saliva hearing Jessica unnie’s serious question.

 

Wedding!!?

 

I cleared my throat and took the glass of Iced Coffee on the picnic table taking a mouthful of the drink, looking away from her waiting gaze. My eyes landed on two playing cuties on the garden lying on the grass. Why the hell are they asking me about a wedding?!?

 

It started earlier this afternoon when Amber and I arrived in Gangwon. Its a Saturday that’s why she picked me up early from the office and instead of doing our usual Saturday activity, we decided to drive home to the province and spend our weekend here in our family mansion. Amber loves spending time in Gangwon because she loves nature and the weather.

 

And she loves playing with Matthew. Gosh.

 

Anyway, like I said it started when we arrived. From Yoona unnie cornering me in the kitchen asking me in a playful way if Amber and I are already applying for a license and where we are going to do the ceremony. I told her we are not applying or searching for a place because we are not yet getting married. My ever playful sister snorted at me then smacked my saying I’m so slow. Tssss.

 

Can’t we enjoy our relationship first before jumping in that marriage thing!?

 

“W-wedding…?”  

 

“Yes, Krystal. Wedding. Its that ceremony where two people say mushy vows then slips a ring in each other’s fingers.”

 

“Yah! I know what a wedding is!” I pouted in embarrassment hearing amusement in Jessica unnie’s teasing on me. Amber was tickling Matthew that my nephew was already bursting into laughter trying to get away from his cool Aunt Amber. Sigh. I want that tickle play later. XD   

 

I turned my head to Jessica unnie’s place and saw her still waiting for my answer. Unnie is getting better each day and I’m glad about it. As much as possible we don’t remind her of anything that will trigger her emotions and negative thoughts. Yuri unnie is making sure she is always beside Jessica unnie except at night when sleeping because she goes home to their house and will go back by morning to eat breakfast with her.

 

“Unnie, Amber and I haven’t prepared for any wedding because there isn’t one happening.” I said to my sister consciously tucking my hair at the back of my ears with a pout.

 

“So you mean you two won’t get married!?”

 

“We are! But not now…”

 

I’m too young to get married! And Amber said it herself… both of us are not yet ready for that next phase in our life.

 

“But you two do have plans of staying together, right?”

 

“Of course, unnie. We already talked about staying together in the near future but for now we want to enjoy what we have. Gosh unnie, we only have been together for two and a half months now. She still have a week left before going back to their camp.” ugh.

 

The dreaded one week.

 

She was nodding her head while looking at me, studying my reaction probably. “Unnie, don’t worry about me.” I said and placed my hand over hers that is resting on top of the wooden table, squeezing it gently. “I am still young and not yet ready to become a wife. My duties and responsibilities to the company keeps me occupied and Amber herself will be busy with her work at the military once she goes back there. Being married but not spending time and being thousands of miles away from each other is not the kind of married life we want.”

 

“Be careful, both of you. Don’t let your detractors find out about your relationship with Amber… they can use that to destroy you.”

 

“I know Jess…”

 

“You know… I’m really curious. Amber is in the Army, right?”

 

“Yeah… why?”

 

“What does she do there? Because from what I know, if you are with the Army it means you get deployed to places for months to fight or be in the camp waiting for action.” Well… hehehe…

 

I bit my lips giving Jess an eyesmile because I can’t tell her anything. Amber made me promise not to tell anything to anyone even my sisters. Kekeke… sorry~…

 

“Don’t tell me she’s from Intelligence?!”

 

“Hmmm… *SMILE KRYSTAL*”

 

“But she’s good in shooting and fighting…”

 

“She does!” Yuri unnie came from behind carrying a plate of French Toast with Yoona unnie and Seohyun following her carrying a plate of Mandu, Buchimgae and Kimbap. They placed it on the table and sat on the available seats joining us. One of the helpers came bringing a pan of newly cooked Tteokbokki topped with lots of cheese and with noodles plus two kettles of fresh Makgeolli and drinking bowls for us. Yum!

 

 

“Last Sunday when you guys were here, we went to Hoengseong Shooting Range and played Paintball.” Ahhh… yeah… hahaha! I remember Amber telling it to me when they got back. “Amber was literally having a shooting spree! She jumped, rolled, shot everyone in the opposing team in just 10 minutes! I thought she’s going to shoot us too! Siwon has his hands in the air surrendering when at the first place he was our team mate!” 

 

“I heard from Siwon you were out of the game after 2 minutes…” Yoona unnie said snorting at Yuri unnie while setting up our bowls except Jess hehehe. No drinking for the pregnant woman! All of us laughed out loud except Yuri unnie who gave us all an annoyed chuckle, shoving the toast on and biting it.

 

“But your diving and rolling on the ground was a good tactic Yuri unnie, you managed to shoot one--”

 

“More of shot her team mate Kwangsoo!” Seohyun, Yoona unnie, and I sharing a high five much to Yuri unnie’s annoyance. Jess patted her head while obviously controlling herself not to laugh with us by biting her lips. I stirred the cheesy Tteokbokki excited to taste it while Jess took the role of pouring rice wine in our bowls. This is what I love when going home to the province!

 

“Hey… don’t laugh at her. It wasn’t like that~…” Jess chuckled and eyed Yuri unnie beside her who was sulking. Yuri unnie became a pouting puppy waiting to be patted on her head by her owner making me laugh. I don’t know if she’s cute or what hahaha! I wanna cringe! After pouring our wine, Jess turned to her and gave the pat on the head she wants that made her smile so wide “She actually tripped on her shoestring, rolled on the ground then accidentally shot her team mate that’s why she was out in a minute.” the wide smile she had instantly faded away that made all of us laugh louder while drinking. “Because she was shot immediately by the opposite team when she tried to get up.”

 

“JESS!”

 

“I’m just telling the truth~…!” unnie shrugged her shoulders and joined in our laughing covering . Poor Yuri~ hahahaha!!!

 

We exchanged stories and teasing while feasting on the anju and makgeolli laid out in our table. It was a good weather to have a drink outside and spend time with loveones. Amber and Matthew came to our table all sweaty from playing, Yoona unnie calling out his nanny to take him for a bath.

 

“But Mom! I don’t want to take a bath!”

 

“You smell like a puppy, come on take a bath upstairs. You can eat Bingsu later promise.” awww~… he doesn’t want to take a bath hahaha! He took Amber’s hand and said “Can I just take a bath here in the garden Mom?”

 

“Nooo… go take a bath upstairs.”

 

“Mooommmmm!”

 

“Let’s go Matthew I’ll accompany you to the bathroom.” Amber smiled at him and patted his head. She developed a bond with my nephew and it makes me happy knowing she and my family are in a good relationship. Even with my sisters she is quite close now after a short time, especially with Yoona unnie who she exchanges text messages.

 

Yoona unnie is her go-to person when she wants to know how to cook a certain dish I like. One night she was texting furiously while lying on our bed. When I took a peek, it was Yoona unnie telling her how to make rice cake from scratch. Tsk tsk tsk.

 

“Okay Amber!” my nephew gave her a thumbs up with a happy smile. Amber lowered herself then Matthew climbed on her back before standing up again giving him a piggy back ride. The two of them left us in the garden with Matthew yelling at Amber to run upstairs. I shook my head with a smile watching them until they disappeared out of my sight.  

 

I took a straight shot of my makgeolli with a silly thought inside my head that made me smile like a fool. My, my… silly imagination strikes again for Krystal Jung. (Jessica pours wine on Krystal’s bowl watching her younger sister’s expression...)

 

I wonder if she’s going to be like that too once we have our own child…

 

That will be cute… Girl or Boy? A girl… I think our eldest will be a girl. A cute little girl with chubby cheeks red as an apple and pretty eyelashes, a dark haired cutie with beautiful pair of eyes like Amber’s hahaha! I just hope little girl gets my nose… 

 

Hahaha… I’m going crazy.

 

I drank the wine again in a straight shot, putting my bowl down and rested my chin on my palm, elbow on the table. Staring at the trees and grass on the garden while my imagination flies wildly with the wind... imagining Amber and a cute little girl playing on the grass. Smiling like a fool imagining the face of my cute little girl laughing so cutely while riding Amber’s back that is pretending to be a horse.

 

Not noticing that my sister Jessica and Yuri unnie shared a look seeing the younger sister was already so far away in her imagination. I didn’t even looked at unnie when she poured liquor on my bowl again but I heard the sound of the liquid hitting the bowl.  

 

Stop it Krystal!

 

How can you make a family with her when you are tied with your responsibilities in the company? Who will take care of the kid? Who will stay at home to take care of the household? Can you be like Yoona and manage your future household effectively? What are you going to do while Amber is away and on duty at camp? When she’s in a mission somewhere you don’t know?

 

You can’t even manage to take care of a goddamn gold fish! I lifted the bowl of makgeolli and drank it straight again out of frustration on my bad pet parenting. My gaze drifting to Jess who was staring at me holding the kettle of the liquor like asking if I want more. I nodded at her and watch the white liquid flow from the kettle filling my bowl, my heart aching while remembering my first pet.

 

Remember Pocky the Gold Fish back in London? Who got to live for a year and life ended when you fed her with so much fish pellets because you were going to be away for a week going to Paris? When you came home Pocky was already floating on the water!

 

Huhuhu…  (ㅠ_ㅠ)

 

I am so sorry my Pocky... (ㅠ_ㅠ)

 

I thought it was enough for you to live while I’m away... (ㅠ_ㅠ)

 

That fish was always ready to listen to my frustrations back then... (ㅠ_ㅠ)

 

Drinking again, I wiped my mouth with a table napkin after finishing the liquor in three gulps. Jess pouring again for me that I drank again in an instant then banged my bowl on the wooden table determined to prove to myself that I can be the best parent someday. Jess poured me another drink that I downed again in three gulps.

 

And another bowl... and another... and another...

 

And another one again...

 

I seriously can’t remember how many bowls of makgeolli I have consumed now but I’m still fine, no signs of getting drunk.

 

But that’s different! Banging down the bowl upside down on the table. I took my metal chopstick to pick up a triangle slice of the Buchimgae shoving it to my mouth chewing it thoroughly while having an inner monologue.

 

I’m still young then. Maybe if we get to have our family I’ll be in my 30s and more ready. My sisters are here to teach me a thing or two about parenting and I know Amber will help me too. She won’t let me carry it alone... she love me too much kekekekeke...

 

OhmyGod... am I going to have that big bloated stomach like Yoona unnie before!? Hers was big! Even if I only saw her stomach in our sessions of video calls and photos she sends when I was in London, it looks so big. She tells me before that she can’t easily find a comfortable position to sleep because of her stomach... then her back hurts, her feet swollen, she pees a lot, she has those tantrums that makes her emotional because of hormones!

 

Jess said when Yoona unnie was pregnant she was a big crying baby mess. Crying over a drama, crying over a movie, crying over a song, even crying over Siwon oppa going home early from work. She said even Dad can’t do anything when Yoona unnie starts crying hahaha! He panics and ask immediately what was wrong. Dad will tell her to stop crying because the baby will be like her, a cry baby.

 

Well it came true! Matthew is a cry baby hahaha!

 

I didn’t know I was being watched until I felt a tap on my cheek. It was Amber looking at me with a funny expression, somewhere between wonder and amusement. Ohh... she smells good... sweat really smells good on her being mixed with her cologne.

 

 

“Krys... are you okay?” Eh?

 

I nodded my head slowly while staring at her. Oh God why are you sparkling in sweat? “Then why are you holding your tummy?” 

 

Huh?...

 

I slowly drop my head to see what she meant and indeed I am holding my stomach with my left hand. When I raised my head, Yoona unnie and Seohyun was staring at me too with curiosity their bowls hanging on their lips. Jess was holding the kettle of makgeolli ready to pour me another one while Yuri unnie was chewing her toast while looking at me weir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter