COLD AND RUTHLESS 3

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! THIS IS YOUR BABY SITTER AUTHOR AT YOUR SERVICE. :) 

GOT STUCK IN BABY SITTING DUTIES AND CONSTANT EDITING OF THE CHAPTER I FINALLY FINISHED IT.

WILL BE UPDATING IN 2 PARTS. (maybe? XD )

THANK YOU FOR WAITING!

PEACE YOW!~

 

CHAPTER 49

 

 

 

Residence Security Office

Hannam-dong, Seoul

 

 

19:30 P.M.

 

 

The Chief of Security stared at the piece of paper lying on his desk. The Daily Attendance sheet was submitted earlier by the shift leader to his secretary, waiting for his signature before he clocks out of work. His brows furrowing when he noticed one officer’s Time Out and signature is missing.

 

 

“Miss Cha, why is this incomplete?” he said pertaining to the attendance sheet.

 

“I also asked Shift Leader Nam when he passed that attendance sheet, Sir. He said Officer Lee failed to show up when they did the formation. Saying Officer Lee probably left his duty without permission.” the young secretary said with a shrug.

 

On his 20 years of experience in giving security and safety, never did Chief Lim failed on his job. Even when he was still a lowly security guard back then, he was always punctual. Never late at work, never skips work. Rain or shine.

 

He let out a tired sigh, took his pen from the mug and scribbled on the paper circling the blank space where Officer Lee’s Time Out should be written. He wrote a question mark over it then signed the attendance sheet.  

 

“Here you go, Miss Cha.” he handed the signed sheet to his secretary. Miss Cha bowed at him. “Prepare a Notice To Explain form for Officer Lee tomorrow. I want his explanation over his disappearing act today. By the way, did Officer Jeong report for work today? I haven’t seen his reply to the Notice To Explain given to him.”

 

“He did not report for work today sir.”

 

The middle age man’s face showed curiosity hearing his secretary’s reply. His mind making a quick review on why he asked the other officer, Officer Jeong, to explain. Remembering the mentioned officer also did not show up on their formation before clocking out of work.

 

What is happening with this officers?

 

“Did the Shift Leader try to contact both officers?” he asked again.

 

“He said he did, Sir. But his phone just kept on ringing. Even Officer Lee’s radio is out of coverage when they tried to contact him. He probably took it home in a hurry. Maybe he was called in an emergency Sir. I heard his wife is pregnant.” it doesn’t make sense...

 

Really doesn’t make sense... Chief Lim thought.

 

“What was Officer Lee’s last known location?”

 

The secretary took her log book under the pile of folders, thumbing the pages until she reached the desired page dated today. She remembered writing down the information when Shift Leader Nam reported about the call from Building 11 earlier this afternoon. Her eyes scanning down the page with her index finger pointing at it. “Ah, it says here sir that Officer Lee responded to the call about the reported disturbance at Building 11.”

 

“What was that report?”

 

“It says here that the helper from unit 11-C phoned the office reporting about the noise coming from Chairwoman Jung’s unit. Based on the Gate Entry and Exit report, Chairwoman Jung’s last entry and exit was two days ago same as her Head of Security Lee Kwangsoo. No one is at her unit as of this time sir.” she cleared , scanning until the end of the page. “Officer Lee reported through his radio that no sound is coming from the unit. They dismissed the call of the helper, citing that maybe it is from unit 11-B that the noise was coming.”

 

Strange...

 

He took a sheet of sticky note from his stash and scribbled the words ‘Bldg. 11’, ‘11-A’. “What time was that Miss Cha? The time Officer Lee went there to check?”

 

“Hmm... Around 15:00 hours sir...” 

 

Two hours before his duty ends...

 

“What did the CCTV operators said?”

 

“They said Officer Lee did went there and knocked on the door of Chairwoman Jung. He even waved at the camera they said.” 

 

“After that?”

 

“That was the last time he was spotted sir.”

 

“In front of the unit?”

 

“Yes sir.”

 

“How about the elevators and entry/exit points of the building?” Chief Lim asked with a raised brow. His secretary sighed closing her log book shaking her head. That’s it.

 

There really is something strange going on in here.

 

Call it instinct, but disappearances isn’t something to be taken lightly.

 

“Call the CCTV room, I want them to review the security footage of the whole residence starting the day Officer Jeong did not report by the end of his duty up to this hour.” 

 

“Yes sir!” Miss Cha immediately followed the instruction her superior gave.

 

“Tell them to focus on the place where the two officers were last seen. I’m heading there in their office in a few minutes.”

 

Chief Lim himself dialed the number of Shift Leader Nam, standing up from his leather chair. The call instantly connecting after the first ring. Not letting his subordinate speak. “I want you here back in the office. Now.”

 

He ended the call then took his revolver on top of his table securing it in its holster on his belt. Taking the two-way radio too and key of the patrol vehicle. How can two people disappear inside this property? If they had an Undertime, still... they have to pass through the Main Gate.

 

There is only one Entry and Exit point in this property. They cannot go anywhere. Every street has a CCTV camera connected to the main server being monitored by the CCTV operators. Impossible no one saw them leaving...

 

Chief Lim was on his way out when he remembered something. He stopped and called the attention of Miss Cha. “By the way, can you also call Chairwoman Jung’s assistant and Head of Security? Ask them if they left something running inside the unit or someone. Just making sure Miss Cha.”

 

The secretary nodded, heaving a deep sigh watching the back of his superior disappear from her sight.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

 

21:20 P.M.

 

 

Halmeoni was so happy when she saw Krystal. Immediately commanding Sungjae to prepare the Sajangnim’s favorite Gopchang to be grilled on the spot and a pot of Kimchi jjigae. There were only few customers left that’s why we were able to share meals with Halmeoni. The bodyguards also enjoying their dinner on their tables at the other side of the restaurant not far from us.

 

Kwangsoo joined us and told the story of why they were late. Apparently, the Sajangnim wanted to make a quick detour going to Hannam-dong because she wanted to grab the gift she bought for Halmeoni. They didn’t made it to Hannam because they were stuck in traffic for almost an hour, Krystal giving up and instead bought freshly baked bread from the bread shop she loves. Telling Kwangsoo they turn around and find a road that has no traffic. I told Krystal I was calling her phone but it has no coverage, she said she’s wondering too why she can’t receive any calls or messages while they were on the road. All the messages she was suppose to receive earlier only came when they arrived in Guri. Maybe there was a problem with the network provider…

 

Seeing her arriving safe was such a relief. I know, I know... I think too much. But you’ll never know when danger strikes.

 

Especially that we do not know what Choi Siwon is planning. I don’t believe that bull story of Hwa Young saying that the two of them will be going away. I do not know what is the capacity of Siwon’s vileness, but deep inside me I have this theory about Siwon that he is a person who will do anything… even take a life when his sanity and desperation collides.

 

I know about that Last Will and Testament their deceased Father left, Krystal already briefed me back then. The Jung siblings already had a meeting about changing the contents pertaining to Matthew being the heir. The four of them agreeing without protest. I heard that Atty. Kim Taeyeon and their Father’s former lawyer already teamed up handling everything, the siblings making a Letter of Request that was passed to the Court.  

 

He may or may not know anything about the changes on the Will the Jung siblings are requesting. Better to be ready with whatever crime he thinks of doing, the request is not yet approve by the Court. If anything happens to Krystal before the changes is granted...

 

Siwon will surely step up and grab the reins of the company using his power over his young son. That is the last thing the Jung siblings wants to happen and that is also the worse thing I don’t want to see. The divorce is still on-going.

 

After our sumptuous dinner, I dismissed the bodyguards telling them to rest and go home safely. I asked them to report tomorrow morning before Krystal goes to office. They worked hard today, I promised them a dinner treat by the weekend here in Guri again. The car, I asked Taehyung to take home for the mean time and bring tomorrow morning since we have Krystal’s car on stand by to be driven by Kwangsoo if needed.  

 

I took a sip of the Sujeonggwa that Halmeoni prepared for both of us, the refreshing taste of cinnamon and ginger rolling in my tongue together with the sweetness of sugar and dried persimmon combined.

 

“Are you full?” I asked Krystal who is sitting beside me scratching her nails on my lap. She shook her head and without a word she stared at me like she’s reading what’s on my mind. The two of us staring at each other her eyes having that cute twinkle, both of us enclosed again inside our own bubble. Aigooo... someone wants affection...

 

I then raised the tea cup in front of her motioning if she wants to take a sip too. She nodded her head with a pout, taking a slow sip when I brought the cup on her lips. “Taste good, right?” I asked. We shared the tea both of us sipping after the other until we finished the sweet drink up to the last drop. My thumb occasionally wiping her lips after every sip she does that brings out a tired smile from her face.

 

She needs a good sleep... the past few days had been hectic for her in the office. Something about waiting for approval of the government permits the company needed for the new appliance factory that is going to be built in Busan. I heard her conversation last night with Luna (well it was on loud speaker) and found out that would be topic of their meeting earlier this morning.  

 

I placed the empty tea cup on the table, wrapping my right arm around her waist for a side hug pulling her closer. Krystal leaning forward on my side to rest her head on my shoulder, playing with our intertwined hands on my lap. Her actions and silence indicating exhaustion and deep thinking like she always does.    

 

“How was your day?” I asked her. My nose rubbing on the crown of her head as I inhale her scent. Ahhh... heaven. Smelling good as always... (^__^)  

 

“Hmmm... As always, tiring. Meetings... then I signed tons of documents, checked proposals and contracts, blah blah blah. By the way, we got the permits!~”

 

“Finally!”

 

“Yesss... that was my expression too this morning when they announced the good news. I thought we are still going to wait for a week, good thing everything became fine. We are right on schedule to start construction next week.”

 

“That’s good. One problem scratched out on your list of worries.”

 

“Yeah... the meeting with the Japanese partners went well too. I need to be in Japan soon for another meeting with them.” she raised her head from my shoulder to meet my gaze. Her lips curled into a small pout looking like a cute puppy wanting a kiss from her owner.

 

“What do you want?~” 

 

She replied puckering her lips causing me to chuckle. Tsk tsk tsk... this woman. “Aren’t you too cute to be the Chairwoman and CEO of a conglomerate?” 

 

“Ssshhh... don’t say it too loud, someone might hear you~... think about my reputation~”

 

“Aha~ is cuteness your special power?” 

 

Her nose crinkled adding to her cuteness, puckering her lips again still asking for a kiss. “You’re not answering my question... I said, what do you want?” 

 

The sight of Krystal looking so cute like a puppy always fascinates me. Imagine a cute puppy wagging her tails in front of her owner wanting some snuggles and kisses. Bumping her perfect nose shaped by the Gods into my cheeks, the tip tracing my jaw playfully. That pout... tsk tsk tsk. That pout and twinkling eyes always gets me, her strongest weapon especially when I am mad. Her cute mole isn’t helping either… whenever my eyes will land on her cute mole I always have the urge to kiss her or poke it.

 

I shook my head with a smile, so amused how this woman can make me do anything she wants just by looking into my eyes, her comforting touch or beautiful smile... without protest. That is her power over me that makes my knees weak, my heart fluttering, my cheeks burning.  

 

My lips found its way into hers, our lips molding into one. It was a simple kiss but holds a lot of emotions I wish to convey without saying a word. A five second kiss that brought a beautiful smile on her lips and mine too after we finished. The adorable blush on her cheeks adding to that glow she have, the glow of a happy and contented person.

 

The two of us burst into a quiet laugh, her hands grabbing my head with that cute crinkle on her nose and started attacking my face with her kisses I always enjoy. We don’t even mind our surroundings anymore, what’s important is we are together.

 

No one gives a whoever we are or whatever we do.

 

This woman is my life. I will catch a bullet for her if needed; even a flaming arrow or a flying dagger just to protect her. That’s easy hahaha...  Anyway, I’m already used to catching bullets using my body... until now I’m still alive. Army life at its finest.

 

But seriously, I will give my life just to keep her safe. I don’t know what I will do if I lose her... I may sound so cringey but... Krystal completes me.

 

Her love for me is what kept me awake and hold on to my sanity in those times I thought I will die in the hands of my captors. The thought of her patiently waiting for me, holding on to my promise of coming back fueled my desire to keep on living.

 

“I can’t believe you didn’t know what ‘ILYSM’ means...” she mumbled, her eyes narrowing playfully.

 

I replied with a chuckle. “We don’t study that kind of codes in the Army. I only know India-Lima-Yankee-Sierra-Mike.”

 

“Duh~...”

 

“Oh, I know another one.” 

 

“Whut?~”

 

“Saranghae~...” I uttered with a wink, puckering my lips.

 

“Ugh. That is so… ugh.” she said feigning disgust.

 

I laughed out loud seeing the crinkle on her nose, leaning forward to whisper on her ear. “Wanna have ?” I leaned back looking at her wriggling my eyebrows mischievously. Hehehe… just trying my luck although I know her answer will be NO.

 

“Hmmm… with your case…” my gaze followed when she pointed her puckered lips on my leg then her eyes back at me with a snicker “The last thing I want is for you to be back at the hospital with a broken leg.”

 

“Awwww… come on~ its not even broken and it will not break…”

 

“Don’t pout like that Lt. Liu, you look like a cute duck.”

 

“Buuut I am a cute duck~”

 

“Oh my God what is happening to you!~”

 

“I miss you…”

 

“You miss seeing me pass out in bed?!”

 

“Yah!”

 

“See?! You sound Korean! Told yah!”

 

“Well… I learned from you and I studied Korean Language back at camp.” I planted a quick peck on the tip of Krystal’s nose pouting like a cute Llama, whispering in a husky voice laced with playfulness. “I really miss you baby~…”

 

“Awww~… Why do you miss me? I’m right here…”

 

She slid her arms around my neck pulling my head closer for a kiss. That kind of kiss from Krystal that conveys her deepest feelings done in a simple way. Not a passionate liplock but a gentle peck; a gentle peck on my forehead, down to the tip of my nose, and lastly to my lips to seal her affection. Me grinning like a kid who receive the most gentlest of love I didn’t know I could possibly have in this lifetime.

 

I rested my hands on both sides of her waist holding it firmly, our faces almost an inch away from each other. Her eyes having that warmth that melts my heart as always. Everyday ever since I woke up from my coma, Krystal’s loving gaze is still the same. I noticed too that she doesn’t want me away from her sight that even when I’m going to pee in the bathroom she will accompany me. I understand her, I know what she feels especially that I almost lost my life two times while being away from her.

 

Yep, she already found out about the Night Drop exercise incident. My former Commanding Officer casually talking about it in front of her when he decided to drop by for a visit together with Brown and the Pentagon officials. I got a solid pinch on my gut plus a whole night of nagging Sajangnim when the visitors already left. She didn’t speak to me for 2 days straight, only doing her duty of taking care of me but never spoke a word even if how many times I tried to engage her in a conversation. She will just look at me then turn away. It was awful. After 2 days, she asked me if I already learned my lesson. I nodded my head like a good kid although my mind was panicking because I was still guessing what lesson she was pertaining to. Was it for not informing her about the life threatening experience or was it for not suing the Agency for letting me use a defective parachute?

 

“Yah! No kissing in my restaurant!” 

 

She burst out into a giggle, covering to restrain a loud laugh. I rested my forehead against her chest raising my left hand to the owner of the voice who yelled at us. Giving Sungjae the dirty finger he deserves.  

 

“Shut up Sungjae!” 

 

This head… (-__-*)

 

We were having a moment!

 

Sigh.

 

She enveloped me in a tight hug, running her hands on my back to console my sulking soul on the broken interaction. Cursing at Sungjae for interrupting us in our moment of vulnerability and mushiness.

 

I promise to protect her and shield her from harm.  

 

And I will do that even after my death.

 

“By the way…”

 

“Hmmm…” I hummed on her chest enjoying the serenity of her beating heart.

 

“Its a NO.”

 

Told yah all. XD

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CCTV Command Center

 

Hannam-dong, Seoul

 

 

 

Chief Lim entered the CCTV room and found the operators reviewing the footage he asked them to retrieve. He stood behind the seat of the operator watching the live feed being transmitted to the monitors in front of him.

 

His eyes focusing on the live feed from the Main Entrance where a car just entered belonging to the President of a Liquor company who lives in building 8. His gaze shifted to the screen where the live feed from the security camera located at the lobby entrance of building 12 is being shown. A Security guard passing by to check the place as part of their protocol, bowing respectfully when the unit owner from 12-A arrived and entered the elevator.

 

The whole property is secured with CCTV cameras located in strategic places all around. Each residential building has cameras installed in every floor and corner of the hallway, even the lamp posts in front of the structure being monitored 24/7 without fail. There is no way that they will be breached by robbers and other bad elements whose desire is to disturb the peaceful rich neighborhood he is protecting.

 

That is what he thought.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter