THAT VERY SPECIAL DAY TO REMEMBER

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: CHINGUSSSSSSSSS!!! ITS BEEN  A VERY LONG TIME!!! 

I'M HERE TO UPDATE! FORGIVE ME ITS HARD TO LIVE IN THIS SOCIETY ㅠㅠㅠ

ANYWAY, HERE IS OUR SHORT UPDATE FOR TODAY! HOPE YOU ENJOY IT. IF NOT THEN I APOLOGIZE AND PROMISE TO MAKE IT GOOD IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR READERS, SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE STILL PATIENTLY WAITING FOR UPDATES AND TO THE UPVOTERS TOO THANK YOU SO MUCH! THIS IS MY FIRST STORY TO REACH MORE THAN 100 UPVOTES. :)))

 

PEACE YOW!

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 39

 

 

 

Day 102

 

 

 

“I still can’t believe you’re here…”

 

“Tss… after 2 rounds you still can’t believe?!”

 

“Tssss… what can I do!? You surprised me! Like really SUPER BIG SURPRISE I DIDN’T EXPECT..”

 

“Glad you were surprised…”

 

“I am~… and I love it.”

 

“Happy birthday Sajangnim…”

 

“Thanks Lt. Liu~…”

 

 

I whispered at Amber before pressing my lips on hers with a happy smile, my heart filled with so much gladness because she is here beside me in flesh. Not inside the screen of my phone but here, beside me at the back of a camper van, warming my body with hers. A surprise visit I was wishing but never expected to happen.

 

Our lips dancing on this quiet chilly night that I wish will never end. Not even a ringing phone can stop us from pouncing at each other earlier just to satisfy the longing we have in our hearts. Amber has been keeping me close and holding me tight not wanting to let go, kissing me with so much passion it consumes me.

 

We broke the kiss, both of us looking softly at each other. I bit my lips seeing the happiness in Amber’s eyes while looking at me with so much affection that melts my heart. I thank the Heavens so much for bringing her in my life because I don’t know what my life will be now without her. Its going to be another birthday with family but the emptiness in my heart still remains.

 

Hahaha…. I sound so dramatic…  

 

She reached for my face my cheeks gently with her fingers like she’s savoring every minute she has before she leaves again. The slight roughness of her fingertips always makes me giggle because it tickles and she knows its an advantage she has over me. She pulled me closer to her chest so we can share body warmth under the blanket covering our bodies.

 

I can’t stop touching her, her body, her face. How can I not? That’s how much I miss her and the only way I can assure myself she is real and not a ghost.    

 

Gosh… I felt like a teenager, actually Amber said she felt it too earlier. Both of us were like two teenagers meeting secretly in the middle of the night just to do naughty things at the back of a car or pick-up truck.

 

Just that now, we aren’t at the backseat of a car or at the back of a pick-up truck. We are inside a camper van that Jessica unnie owns. She uses this when she goes on a self-retreat back then when she was still writing novels. Now this is her vehicle of choice when she goes to Seoul because apparently, she feels at home and comfortable than traveling by car. Her pregnancy is already showing up and even though she’s having a little difficulty this first few months, Jessica unnie looks glowing and very happy.

 

“How did you even convinced Jessica unnie to lend you her mini-camper?” I asked her.

 

She answered me with a cute chuckle and responded shyly. “Actually… Jessica was the one who offered it earlier.”

 

“Really?!” Wow. That’s a surprise too. “Seriously?! Jessica unnie? Lending you this vehicle that she loves so much?”

 

“Y-yeah… why?”

 

“Its just that… she has this obsession over this car. She had this SUV customized as a camper van that’s why we have this foldable bed here. When Yoona unnie was borrowing this back then, Jessica unnie flat out said No to her.” I can still remember Yoona unnie’s tantrum a year ago when she asked Jessica unnie if she can borrow the vehicle. Although the reason she wants to borrow it was because she has this plan of following her cheating husband all the way to Busan. Jessica unnie said No without any explanations.

 

“Well… my plan was to stay with you inside the hotel. That I found out earlier too from your sisters that DaeJeong owns. Tell me babe, what building does your corporation doesn’t own in this city?”

 

“Actually, in this country.”

 

“Oh… yeah… Okay.” I gave her a shrug and an eye smile that earned a feather like kiss on my nose. I answered it by nibbling on her chin while she explains. “Anyway, as I was saying earlier, my plan was to stay with you inside the hotel. That’s why Hwa Young arranged a room for us, you saw the flowers and Champagne right? But at the last minute Jessica told me that the moment you arrive, we should head down to the Basement Parking of the hotel where this awesome vehicle is. She even threatened me that if we leave this vehicle dirty, she will kill me with her bare hands.”

 

Ohhh… “Hmmm… I kind of understand why but let’s just talk about that later. YOU have something to explain to me, Soldier!” I playfully poke the center of her chest with my finger earning a cute laugh and cute smile from this mushy fool.

 

She slid her right arm under my head so that it can be my pillow, her left leg draping over my lower body holding me so close both of us giggling. She buried her nose on my hair sniffing and planting a kiss on my temple speaking in a mumble. “I wanna be with you on this special day that’s why I’m here… it wasn’t easy how I got here and I’m thankful my prayers were answered. I got to see you tonight…”

 

“How did you even get here?!”

 

“Rode a cargo plane, jumped 30,000 ft from the sky… ”

 

“Ohhh… Ethan Hunt is that you?”

 

“I pulled some strings and talked to some people at Pentagon and White House and Blue House…”

 

“Powerful huh…”

 

“Not as powerful as you Sajangnim~…”

 

“Duh! Do I have to know something about you that you haven’t shared before Lt. Liu?!” she answered me with her cute chuckle playfully biting the lobe of my ear eliciting giggles from me. “Yah!!~”

 

“Did you like the surprise?” stop biting my neck… you know I’m weak on that spot!

 

“What surprise?!”

 

“Duhhh! Me! I’m the surprise!” she exclaimed in a high pitch tone that made me roll in laughter. Oh my God. “What the hell happened to your voice?!”

 

“Ehem…” she cleared then asked me in her husky bedroom voice that made me laugh again. “Probably the weather Sajangnim… anyway, you haven’t answer my question~…” I rolled my eyes seeing the mischievous glint in her eyes. Why? Tssss…

 

Her hands are busy exploring my body that’s why!

 

Even her lips are busy planting kisses on my neck and my throat, nibbling and on my skin while we talk. That is how good Lt. Amber Liu in multitasking, making sure she got everything covered.   

 

I brought my hands on the back of her head, my fingers threading on her short hair it. She lifted her head from my neck and leaned forward capturing my lips in a lingering kiss breaking it after. Our noses rubbing together like puppies drawing a smile on my lips, a smile that I have been wearing eversince I saw her hours ago inside the closet of the hotel room.

 

“I hope I made you happy tonight Sajangnim…” I burst out in a giggle when she said that while her eyebrows playfully wriggles. Tssss…

 

“I give an A- for effort.”

 

“Yah!! Why not A+ !? Its hard to move in this space!”

 

“That’s why just an A- ! How many times did you bump your head on the ceiling of this van?!”

 

“I don’t know… I don’t remember. Is that a legit indication I bumped my head a lot of times?”

 

I stared at her with a blank expression and answered coldly. “No.”

 

“Tssss…” she sneered like a hurt sulking puppy pouting at me. Hahaha! This Soldier… always sulking! I bit my lips because I can’t help it anymore, bursting into a laugh pulling her head closer and peppering her face with kisses finally bringing back the smile on her lips. I’m such a weakling when she pouts like that… its not even that cute!  

 

“I’m really happy Amber… Thank you…” I said to her while cupping her face the two of us staring at each other. Her eyes filled with affection that is only for me and no one else.  

 

“You’re welcome Miss Jung…”  

 

“Have I told you how much I love you?~”

 

“Tsss… every second, every minute, every hour, everyday. Yes, you never fail to say it Krystal Jung.” she held my gaze, giving her loving smile and planted a kiss on my forehead that made me smile too in contentment. “And I love you too…”

 

“No regrets?”

 

“Tssss…” she snorted playfully and grabbed my face rubbing her nose on my cheek kissing it noisily making me laugh. “Fate brought me here in Korea and Fate brought you where I am that night. The only thing I regret was when I failed to wake up when you left me that morning back in my room at Halmeoni’s restaurant. You left me without saying goodbye!”

 

“I lost courage that morning…” I let out a sigh remembering that morning with an embarrassed smile. The morning I panicked seeing my blouse lost half of the buttons it has, the alcohol subsiding in my system and realizing I connected with a person physically and emotionally scared the hell out of me. A person I thought I will not see again because both of us lead different lives.

 

The two of us stared at each other, having our moment of affectionate silence that we always do. She knows it, I already told her before how scared I was to say goodbye that all I can do is take one of her ARMY shirt as a remembrance of me meeting her.

 

Back then all I have in mind was we weren’t meant to be, that she was just a passer by in my life like how she is just a passer by in my country. I dismissed the thought of us not being together because of status in life because that’s just absurd. When Amber told me back then about her insecurities and the reason why she didn’t pursue me at first is because how far our status in life is, I realized both of us were just facing the realities of life.

 

Not every first meeting is like a fairytale, and not all love stories are like in the movies.

 

Amber held my face, poking the mole on the right side of my cheek and smiled so warm. “You’re doing amazing Krys… 15 weeks left and we can be together again. After that I will never leave your side… like ever! I’ll annoy you all the time!”

 

“When didn’t you?! Ugh. Jackjack is better than you!”

 

“Yah!”

 

“You sound more like a Korean now~…”

 

“On what terms?!”

 

“Before you always say ‘Hey!’ but now you use ‘Yah!’ in a Korean accent.”

 

“Really?” she asked me in wonder. She looks cute realizing it hahaha!

 

“Silly, when we talk over Facetime don’t you realize we converse mainly in Korean and little English?”

 

“I didn’t really notice that…”

 

“Well now you know…”

 

“Wait a minute… let’s get back to what you said! You said Jackjack is better than me?! How dare you!”

 

“I’m just saying the truth!”

 

“Jackjack learned from me!”

 

“Duh~… I don’t think sooo~….”

 

“I’m really getting jealous.”

 

“Jealous over Jackjack!? Seriously!?”

 

“How can I not be jealous!? He gets all the snuggles and kisses everyday! He gets all the hugs and the tummy scratching and everything nice! And… uhh… he gets to wake up beside you in our bed and he gets to be bathe by you…” Eh?! Seriously Amber?!

 

“For a tough soldier like you… you sound like a sulking kid! Tummy scratching?! What are you, 3?”

 

“Tummy scratches from you feels like Heaven.”

 

“That sounded so wrong.”

 

“Yah! Tell me, what does Jackjack do that I can’t?!”  

 

“He doesn’t annoy Mommy all the time~…”

 

“You love it when I annoy you…”

 

“Ugh. That’s love plus he gives me snuggles and he’s a very good boy!” I laughed out loud seeing Amber’s face contorted in feign annoyance and started attacking me with her tickles. Loud laughter and giggling filling the small space we are in while we enjoy the remaining hours we get to spend together before she leaves again.

 

 

 

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

Amber fell asleep before me, snuggling her face on my neck while holding me tight from behind. Our legs entangled under the blanket warming both of us in this chilly night back home here in Gangwon-do. My mind recalling what happened earlier when Kwangsoo drove for us gladly while Amber and I controlled ourselves from touching each other while there is other people with us. We contented ourselves holding each other’s hands while I lay my head on her lap feeling so happy because of her sudden appearance tonight. The moment we arrived inside our compound, Amber asked Kwangsoo to bring us to the place where we plan to build our house and park right there away from anyone’s sight. After parking the vehicle, Kwangsoo said his goodbye to us and said he will be in our family house waiting for our call if we need something leaving us two pouncing at each other the moment my trusted Bodyguard was gone.

 

Let’s just say we feel so relieved we are parked inside the Jung family compound, a spot faraway from the road, away from anyone’s sight, and its already night time. Because gosh, it will be so weird and embarrassing if a passer-by will hear sounds not appropriate for children. Seeing an SUV shaking violently is not a good thing too.

 

I took Amber’s hand over my waist and intertwined it with mine tucking it under my cheek. A happy smile visible on my lips reminding myself to thank Jessica unnie for lending her precious vehicle to Amber. Hmmm… maybe I’ll say thank you to Yoona unnie too for that unexpected ‘gift’ that made Amber blush so hard upon seeing it (at the same time excited tsk tsk tsk… I really have a y-slightly ert of a girlfriend) when we opened the box the moment we were already on the road. It made me laugh so hard seeing that my crazy sister even included a bottle of lube, a box of (for safe she said) and latex gloves (for errr… safe too she said) saying she doesn’t know what we prefer and Jess told her its either so its up to us.

 

I should have warned them about giving Amber options… tsss… Latex hand gloves! What am I?! A specimen?!

 

Although what Amber said earlier was right even though at first I thought it was a joke. Safe is not just about not getting pregnant, its a way of preventing diseases. Not that she’s saying both of us has it but its better to be safe than never plus we are not in the confines of our own room or hotel room where a proper toilet and bath is available. We only got a cold bottle of Champagne (already halfway done), 4 small bottles of sparkling water inside the small fridge (two we already consumed), a bottle of hand sanitizer, and a box of tissue. Anyway… Latex gloves is still weird.

 

“Hmmm… Krys…”

 

I was cut off from my little reminiscing when Amber stirred beside me groaning and rubbing her nose on my nape then stilled. A small smile escaping my lips hearing her light snores enough to calm my heart that has always been worried for her. Amber… seems like she is keeping something from me and I feel she’s having second thoughts if she will say it or not.

 

Another dangerous mission perhaps?

 

But well… every mission they do is dangerous. Nothing is too easy and nothing is too safe.

 

When I asked her earlier where she came from, she gave me a grin and said she came from a place not far away. I’m not really knowledgeable about all the US Army bases in Asia especially here in Korea, I know there is one at Okinawa, Japan and a lot here back home like Camp Humphreys. If she was in Japan all along then I think I don’t have anything to be worried about because she’s just a couple of hours away.

 

What I am wondering about is what they have been doing there. Usually, Amber tells me what they do at camp. But this time eversince they were deployed to another camp, she refused to tell me anything except one time that it slipped from her and said they have been doing Night Drop exercises frequently. Based on her stories back then, they only do Night Drop exercises frequently when a new mission is being planned. So does it mean she and her team are deployed to another camp because they are preparing for a big planned mission?  

 

Are they there to save kidnapped victims? Or trying to catch a drug cartel kingpin like in Narcos? Gosh… I watch too much Netflix.

 

Plus there were times when we FaceTime that she seems bothered and she spaces out. Looking conflicted and thinking so deep. One time she told me her team mate Brown’s wife just gave birth back home in the US and told her he can’t wait to see his new born baby girl. Amber said she wants their stint on that unknown camp be over so they can come back home immediately. I feel something big is going to happen but I’m too afraid to ask her because I know she can’t even if she wants.

 

All I can do is pray for her safety, praying to the Gods in Heaven to keep her safe and out of danger in whatever mission is coming. I know Amber will keep her promise… I don’t have to be afraid.

 

There was a buzzing sound from my cellphone I placed nearby, the glare from the screen illuminating the dim lighted space where we are. I carefully reached for the phone with my free hand so not to disturb Amber in her sleep and saw a message notification coming from Hwa Young popping up. Saying the media outlets where those photographers and reporters who participated in the planned shame campaign about me already released a public apology right away. She sent me the copies of the statements and I told Hwa Young that I want her to draft a statement tomorrow and release it in a small Press Conference inside the company building together with the Legal Team. We will be pressing charges to teach them all a lesson not to meddle with our family again.

 

I will not let anyone shame me and my family publicly in such a dirty way like that!   

 

Thank God we escaped a possible huge scandal back in the hotel. I can’t believe those fools will stoop so low just to make me look bad, the audacity of them involving the media in their dirty tactics!

 

Having competent people in my team saves me from disgrace and forever I will be in deep gratitude to them. Luckily they briefed me the morning before the party or else I wouldn’t know who are the rats infesting our company. That Secretary Choi thought she can outsmart Hwa Young and the Victoria-Luna tag team? Hahaha…

 

Secretary Choi might think she’s one step ahead of us because of her ‘Boss’, what she didn’t know is Luna and Victoria are always 3 steps ahead of anyone. They find out immediately who Secretary Choi really is and blocked the plans those stupid old fools prepared just to shame me.

 

 

What happened back in the Hotel convince me strongly that I need to be more careful in everything I do even with the people I talk too. There are spies everywhere feeding my enemy with Confidential Company information. And not just that, now they also want to make scandals involving me just to bring shame in our company and make me step down.

 

No no no… I cannot let you do it.

 

Not me, not A Jung.

 

I heaved a deep sigh and placed my phone down on the corner, taking Amber’s hand on my waist intertwining it with mine. Tucking it under my cheeks while recalling everything that transpired earlier this day…

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

7:30 A.M.

J Hotel Suites

Morning before the party

 

 

 

 

Sigh.

 

The nerve of this woman to do such tomfoolery on us. Does she think Hwa Young will not notice anything?

 

I took one last look at the copy of the CCTV video playing on the Samsung Tablet I was holding and shook my head in disappointment giving it back to Luna. It was Secretary Choi, the new Secretary we hired few months ago as a replacement on the position Chungha left. The video showed how she entered my office the other day while I was in a meeting and started rummaging on my table like she’s looking for something. She failed to open the drawers because I always makes sure everything is locked before I leave the office. Her hand going under my table like she’s feeling something then sat on my leather chair obviously enjoying it for a short time, stretching her long limbs with a blissful smile on her lips before she tried to open my laptop. Tsssss… of course she cannot open it. Its password protected and no one else knows its password just me.

 

After failing to get anything, she went around my office checking my Monet paintings on the wall and some rare Chinese paintings before she made her way out like a cat.

 

Choi Jinri.   

 

Didn’t she realize my office has a Security camera installed seeing what she was doing?

 

Clearly breaking the number 1 rule that everyone in our company follows obediently:

 

No one is allowed to go inside the Chairwoman’s Office without my invitation except family, Im Hwa Young and Lee Kwangsoo. Of course Amber is included too, but I can’t state that in an Inter-Office Memo… right?

 

Does she think a lot of confidential company files are stored in that laptop? I don’t save those files in the computer hard drive, all files go straight to the company Cloud Storage and can only be retrieve with a password. Besides that, I also save copies of it in a Hard disk that I personally keep just in case a glitch happens.

 

And if she was checking for any information about the ‘rumored man’ in my life that my detractors are suspecting the solereason why I don’t want to get married… then she won’t get anything from that laptop. Not even a photo of Amber’s nostrils.

 

“Krystal, someone is helping her to do all of this.” Victoria said and pointed at the 50inch Smart TV in front of us that is connected on her laptop. “We found out that they tried to shut down the Security camera inside your office so she can do her snooping. Luckily, the camera has back up power so even though they cut off the electricity its still running and recorded that video we showed you.” she clicked on another video clip showing Secretary Choi and one Security personnel inside the Fire Exit at the 10th floor of our Headquarters. She handed a letter envelop to the Security personnel who took a peek inside before tucking it at the back of his pants nodding at Secretary Choi then left. “She also planted a bugging device under your table and a micro camera just under the Monet painting.”

 

All I can do is take a deep breath and release it in a huff controlling myself not to burst into a fit of madness. So now they are bugging me!? Even the Security personnel they can buy with their money just to put me down and obey them. “Hwa Young…”

 

“Yes, Sajangnim?”

 

Sigh. “The Security Personnel on the video, do you already have his name?”

 

“I do have it Sajangnim. He has been working in our company for a year and a half now as a Security Personnel. Just 2 months ago he was placed on the Night Shift duty in-charge of guarding the CCTV room with other two personnels who operates it.”

 

It will be unfair if I have that personnel be dismissed immediately without any explanation and fair investigation. Labour laws are hard to deal with and I don’t want to be entangled on a legal battle concerning unlawful dismissal. But I’m not saying he should be forgiven that easily. He accepted bribe and helped the enemy… “Everyone in the company that is found guilty with evidence being involved in helping Secretary Choi will be given sanctions by the Human Resources Department.”

 

“Yes, Sajangnim.”

 

Jackjack jumped on my lap snuggling on it and wanting to be petted. I smiled at him while scratching his tummy, feeling so betrayed by our own employees. Am I not being a good leader for them that they have to accept money to sold me out to the enemies?   

 

“I managed to hack her e-mail account and cellphone, looks like they are planning something tonight Krys…” Luna said and showed me her Tablet where an e-mail correspondence between Secretary Choi and a certain reporter from a cheap news site. Telling the reporter that she has a juicy scoop about CEO Jung that they surely don’t want to miss. That she will be giving them live access through video streaming on the day of my birthday so they can have a glimpse of how my day is. Live streaming huh…

 

There were a total of 10 e-mail correspondence with different reporters from online news sites and media entities. Same format of message coming from her… telling them about a juicy scoop about me and said if they will go to this hotel they will surely find out.

 

What more will they find out about me? Amber isn’t even here… nothing, literally nothing is juicy scoop about me.

 

Is this how desperate Lee Byunghun is? Just to make me go down from my position and give it away to anyone they want to support as long as its a man? Are they that afraid that a young woman like me handles a very powerful position in the business world that is suppose to be handled by a man?!

 

Its not my problem anymore if his son Donghae left him and went to Paris with his new found love. Everyone was surprised when he passed his resignation letter to me the other day with a serene smile, telling me that he has decided to live a new life away from Korea. The shares that my Dad gave him back then, he asked me to transfer under his and Jessica unnie’s child after the baby is born.

 

“Where is she now?” I asked Hwa Young.

 

“She will be here at 8:00 A.M. sharp and I gave her a task to assist you today.” Hmmm… maybe I should see how she is. I never really interact with Miss Choi directly because its always Hwa Young that I give my orders to be disseminated for action.

 

7:45… fifteen minutes more and she will arrive.

 

“Good. Call Kwangsoo and tell him when Secretary Choi arrives make sure he alerts us. I want him to brief the other bodyguards and alert them of possible invasion from reporters. Advise the hotel Head of Security about it and I want every Security Personnel to be on Heightened Alert, check the whole hotel, ‘every corner’ if there are any explosive device planted. If they don’t succeed on outing me to the media, its possible that they will create disturbance and I don’t want anyone hurt. Please put trusted people inside the CCTV room of this hotel to check for any suspicious persons lurking around. This is not just for my safety but also for my family and the employees of DaeJeong coming tonight. We don’t know yet what more they are planning besides what Luna uncovered. I’m sure they will do everything just to get that promise scoop. If Plan A fails, they will surely have Plan B ready. So before they even think about doing both, let’s block it immediately.”

 

“Consider it done Sajangnim!” Hwa Young took out her cellphone and went to the other side to do what I said. I know I can always count on her.

 

“Luna,…” I turned to Luna and gave the Tablet back to her with a smile. “I want you to get into the server of that website where the Livestream will happen. Did you bring a spare of that high tech gadget of yours?”

 

“Of course Sajangnim!” she fumbled on the pocket of her Levi’s jacket and produced a small gadget same size of a button holding it up to show me proudly. She passed it on to Vic who made a swiping motion of her finger on the flat surface of the gadget before giving it to me.

 

Ahh... Amber taught this to me before. A micro-camera and microphone where you can stick in any surface that cannot be seen by anyone even on clothes. It transmits feed into the designated program installed in a computer, smart phone, or Tablet device to monitor what is going on. A spy cam that is. Modern technology that is being used for double purposes.

 

“What do you plan to do with that Krystal?” Vic asked me with a raised brow.

 

Hmmm...

 

It looks like a black Paracetamol tablet, so small and weighs less than 10 grams I think based on how it weighs on my palm.  

 

A small smirk escaped my lips, thinking of the best way to play them all.

 

“Ready your earpieces you two, charge your phones too.” I let out a mischievous smile that Vic instantly get, shaking her head with a laugh. My shoulders shrug while smiling at her, Luna looking at the two of us scratching her head looking so lost. “Yah! What?! Care to explain girls?”

 

 

 

“We are going to catch a group of rats before this day ends.”

 

 

 

 

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

At exactly 8:00 in the morning, Kwangsoo was already knocking on the door of my private Suite announcing that Secretary Choi has arrived. I was busy checking the strings of my Cello thumbing it one by one while sitting on a chair facing the vast window of my Suite, drinking the magnificent view of Han River and Mt. Namsan in the morning.

 

After making sure everything is ready, my left hand fingertips pressed the strings on the fingerboard determining the pitch of the note while my right hand holds the bow in place ready to glide on the strings to produce notes. Taking a deep breath, I started playing my favorite Cello Suites from Bach that I knew from heart and didn’t notice Secretary Choi was already standing near watching. My eyes closed as I enjoy the music that my hands make with the Cello.

 

Every note coming from the strings brings out my emotions whenever I play this piece. Coming from my favorite classical musician of all time, its the first piece I performed in front of my parents back when I was 8 years old.  

 

Victoria and Luna didn’t leave, they were with me in the living room of the Suite lounging on the couch while having some tea and pastries. Listening to me playing my beloved Cello like we are having a morning session. I can hear them two talking about their ‘boyfriends’ and where they went for a ‘date’ last night. Luna even saying I am so lucky to have a very sweet and loving ‘boyfriend’ even though he isn’t here with us now. I wish it comes true Vic… I really wish… but I think its impossible to have my Soldier here right now beside me… The side of my lips forming a slight smirk when I heard Victoria snorting in disgust when Luna continued on saying my ‘boyfriend’ will probably surprise me tonight here in my Suite with flowers and Champagne, rose petals sprinkled on top of the bed. Eeew. Not my style but fine… Luna is really a romantic by heart.

 

The whole time I was just playing, lost in my own world of music. The world I dreamed back then to enter… a different world than what I have today. I’ve been practicing at home when I have free time, Amber (on Facetime) and Jackjack as my audience while I try to re-live the days when I was considered a Cello prodigy by my own Mother hahaha…

 

Someday… maybe someday.

 

Maybe my long time set aside dream will turn into reality someday…

 

When I finished playing the Suite No.4, I finally opened my eyes and smiled because Amber’s face crossed my mind. Remembering how much she pushes me to play the musical instrument often because she said I look so happy when I play my Cello. That it brings out a different side of me that only a few knows such as family and friends.

 

“That was really amazing Sajangnim…” I turned to Vic who said it, together with Luna they were clapping their hands while looking at me with admiration. My head bowing shyly while smiling, deeply grateful for their appreciation. Secretary Choi was standing near them lightly clapping her hands too while smiling at me. When she saw me looking at her, she immediately bowed greeting me. “Good morning Sajangnim.”

 

I gave her a nod waving my hand to indicate its fine before turning my attention again to Vic. Luna was fumbling on her tablet looking like she’s playing a game. Tsss… she looks like a kid! She better make everything right! “Thanks… I have been practicing lately because someone said I have to sharpen the talent once in a while.”

 

“That someone must be so proud of you Sajangnim.” I smiled proudly agreeing with her. Of course my Soldier is always proud of me!

 

“Always. Always proud of me even on the littlest things that’s why I love that Llama to death.” I took a side glance at Secretary Choi when I was talking and saw the glint of joy in her eyes. Probably rejoicing because she got to film some confidential matters of my life. Thought you got me eh?

 

“If you didn’t became a CEO maybe you’re already a World-Class Cellist now.” Vic said. Hmmm…

 

“Probably yeah… if I continued with my program at the Royal Academy of Music. It was truly a memorable experience studying in that academy, one of the best memories of my life even though I only got to finish 1 semester then I have to transfer at London Business School.”

 

“Do you regret doing it?”

 

Do I regret doing it…

 

“No, I don’t. Because I know turning my back on my love for Music brought me where I am now… I made my Father happy on his last days.”  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter