THAT PROMISE YOU GAVE TO MY SISTER

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! HERE IS OUR UPDATE!!!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE SUBSCRIBERS!

PEACE YOW!~

 

 

 

CHAPTER 15

 

 

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

 

 

 

Five days passed by so quickly since Amber came back and stayed with me. It has been a great five days, of course except that day my siblings or should I say my beloved brother ruined our first Sunday together.

 

We agreed that in daytime she will be back at Halmeoni’s restaurant to help them there while I will be at the office fulfilling my duties. By night time we will meet each other half way and maybe eat dinner in a restaurant or just go order take outs then go straight home to eat it. I prefer take outs because I like eating dinner in private. But we did compromised especially when both of us wanted to eat at a certain restaurant that we will see along the way.

 

Even though I wanted so badly to file a vacation leave and spend it with her... I can’t. I have so many work to finish first before I can finally be free even just for a week.

 

Unless someone is willing to trade places with me then I’ll be glad to do so.

 

Sigh.

 

Should I ask for Siwon oppa’s help and get him to hold the office of the CEO for a week while Amber and I escape the city and head out to Gangwon for a much deserve R&R? Hmmm...

 

Maybe I should ask Yoona unnie first for permission. Or maybe no. Or maybe yes. Ugh. I took my cellphone on top of my table and clicked on the Contact Icon of Yoona unnie on the screen to call her. All I heard was toot toot toot toot. Tsk.

 

How about Jessica unnie?

 

Hmmmm...

 

Tapping on Jessica unnie’s Contact Icon and the Speaker icon on the screen, I waited for it to connect but what I got was...

 

“Unattended?! What happens to your phone every Thursday?? Whenever I will call you in this specific day its always unattended...” Tsss... Even Jessica unnie’s cellphone has a fixed day off!    

 

I sighed again for I don’t know how many times I did since I sat on my leather chair. LOOK AT MY FREAKING TABLE! ITS FULL OF FOLDERS LEFT AND RIGHT! Left folders are contracts for final signature, Right folders contains bank checks for signature. My OUT tray is already loaded with folders I’m done with that my secretary will get later for routing to its respective departments and branches. My dojang and the red ink is lying beside my laptop the reason why everything is slow.  

 

My laptop running and I still have some e-mails to check later although I know all of it are business mails and probably already checked by Hwa Young ready for my advise. Sigh. Just a couple of days more Krystal and its finally Sunday again! You’ll have your much needed break even though its just a day...

 

Sigh...

 

My eyes darted to the screen of my laptop to check on the time but caught sight of something more interesting. Awww.... I love my desktop wallpaper...~ (^_^)   

 

My stress reliever.

 

Dropping the phone on its previous spot, I leaned back on my chair and pulled myself closer to the table. A smile forming on my lips while admiring the photo of me and Amber I took the other night with my phone. Awww..~~ I feel so proud. ~~(^__^)~~  

 

We were watching the news that night, she was lying on the couch resting her head on my lap while I was busy filing her nails with an emery board. She took my phone from the coffee table and opened the camera App then started filming me.

 

She was asking me questions while recording, questions like how do I like my eggs in the morning and if I eat seafood or what do I think about the weather, if I like Summer or Winter. It was a barrage of questions that I answered truthfully and throwing back the question at her.  

 

Amber likes her eggs in the morning boiled because its part of her diet that she got used to in the Army. She doesn’t eat rice and is used to mashed potatoes because she said all they eat at the camp are mashed potatoes and meat loaf, but now she does and it started when she stayed at Halmeoni’s restaurant. Halmeoni fed her Bibimbap, Juk (rice porridge), and Kimbap, she loved it! She drinks coffee but she likes tea more, she said she also took a liking in Boba Milk Tea when Sungjae introduced it to her. She looooves fried chicken! She can finish two orders of Korean Fried Chicken in one sitting paired with Beer when we went out last night for dinner.

 

“I wonder what you are doing now...” I mumbled aloud while leaning forward on my table. I rested my chin on my arms admiring Amber’s smile while tracing my index finger on the screen. It was beautiful... same as her.

 

I never thought I will be this attracted to a person to the extent that my mood changes in a 360 degree turn just by seeing her or hearing her voice over the phone. When she was away I thought I was going to go crazy worrying where she was or if she is still alive. Every morning these past few days I noticed I have developed a weird habit of swiping my hands on my bed without opening my eyes, making sure she was there. Then opening my eyes her sleeping face will welcome me then I will smile and feel so relieved... because she was there beside me in flesh and not another imagination of mine.  

 

The question and answer segment of ours ended up with the two of us spooning on the couch, the news program already forgotten. She brought up something from her childhood and talked about her Mother briefly. The way she talks about her Mom lifts up her mood at the same time the sadness in her voice was visible. I carefully listened and asked a few questions about her Mom and she answered all of it earnestly.

 

She said she misses her parents so much that at the first few years when they were gone she was always crying with just the mere thought of them. The tragedy that struck their family was a big blow for her... alone in a foreign country, not knowing what to do or where to find the bodies of her parents that was washed away by the flooding caused by the tsunami. She said there was a point that time that she prayed their bodies will not be found because it means she will still have a reason to believe that they are alive and also looking for her.

 

But they were found. She didn’t elaborate where and how but she said they were together and holding each other when the rescuers found their deceased bodies. Amber said the only happy thing about their demise was they were together and never parted, it was enough for her.

 

She said what she misses from her Mom the most was her nagging. Because even if her Mom nags her all the time she knows her Mom loves her so much. I told her that the first time we met and she threw up on me, she called me Mom before she passed out.

 

Amber went quiet for a while then said she remembers that part but she said it was really her Mom who she saw that day.

 

Beside me.

 

Looking at her ready to give her a nag.

 

That was why she said Sorry.

 

I thought she was joking so I waited for the punchline but I quickly remembered Amber’s tone was serious.       

 

It gave me chills and she noticed it that she made me face her turning my body around and pulled me closer finally letting out a breathy laugh because I was pouting at her. She said its nothing maybe her Mom was just looking after her and found a person to continue it until now.

 

That...

 

That line made me blush so hard and pout at her even more.

 

FINE. I admit... I felt giddiness in my stomach those little butterflies fluttering inside especially when she said...

 

“I think Mom approves of you.”

 

 

 

 

Ahehehehehehe.... (^___^)

 

 

 

 

 

I didn’t even notice I was already smiling like a fool while staring at her photo. Never mind my bare duck face hihihi...

 

“Why are you smiling?” Ohhh. Now the photo talks to me...    

 

My imagination is running wild again... hahaha...

 

I flicked the screen targeting her nose and snickered. “So? Is it bad to smile? I’m smiling because I’m thinking of you... what are you doing now?”

 

“What am I doing now?” Wow the photo answered back! This is weird. (-__-)

 

I took a glance at the time and geez now I know why I’m starting to hear her voice in my mind! Its past lunch time!

 

“I’m talking to this pretty C.E.O. who is busy slouching at her table while talking to her laptop.” Eh?

 

I bolted up right from my seat fixing my suit and saw that person I was just thinking a while ago sitting at my couch... inside my office... in her all-glorious-good-looking-confident self smiling at me while raising a take-out paper bag of Mcdonald’s. OH MY GOD.

 

“AMBER!!?”

 

“Who else are you thinking about? Tell me and I’ll snap that person’s bones.” she stood up after placing the paper bag down on the coffee table to meet the very surprised me halfway. She raised her arms with that adorable smile of hers capturing me for a tight bear hug, my body instantly loving the warmth she gives.

 

Awww.....~ 

 

“How did you get in?!”

 

“I did a ‘MISSION IMPOSSIBLE’ stunt copying Ethan Hunt as I entered your building and crawled under the micro space of your door like ‘Ant Man’.” 

 

“That’s a lot of words in a sentence now, you know... my Soldier is improving.” I in a mumble while burying my face on her chest taking a sniff of her scent. Awww...~ she smells so good... and she looks so good in her clothes... she wore the shirt this morning, the one we bought at the mall. A dark polo shirt in a size where she is comfortable but at the same time shows how wonderful her arms is.  

 

I love the way her hands are my back because I feel so safe. This is the safest place I never want to share or leave. The two of us stood there hugging each other while playfully rocking our bodies left and right. It was like dancing in a slow, happy tune that only the two of us hears... I suddenly had the urge to touch my Cello later when we get home.

 

“Why are you here?” I asked her raising my head to meet her gaze. She gave me a grin then let out a smile that melted my insides and made me pout like a lovestruck teenager.

 

“Because I miss you.”

 

I THINK I’M GOING TO WEAR THIS VERY WIDE SMILE THE WHOLE DAY. (^________^)  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YOONA’S POV

 

 

 

“Good afternoon Miss Jung!” 

 

I smiled answering the Security personnel with a slight bow. The employees stopping on their tracks to bow and greet me as I made my way inside the lobby of our company headquarters. Everyone of them knows what to call me because they know I don’t like being called after the name of my husband. Ugh. I don’t like the title ‘Madam Choi’ because that is my deceased monster Mother-in-Law’s title.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter