SWEET DREAMS AND BITTER ENDINGS

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! A SHORT UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU!

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SUBSCRIBERS AND UPVOTERS! IF YOU HAVEN'T CLICK THE UPVOTE BUTTON THEN DO IT AFTER THE CHAPTER HEHEHE :D

PEACE YOW!~

 

 

 

CHAPTER 18

 

 

Day 16 of 91

 

 

Gyeongbokgung Palace

 

 

The POTUS together with his delegation were all smiles, our Chief smiling widely, while being escorted by his Korean counterpart and his own delegation inside the majestic Gyeongbokgung Palace. My head was aching yesterday after our supposed to be half day briefing. Damn.

 

Going through the whole blue print of the vast estate - all 410,000 square feet of it - all the entrance and exits plus possible places a person with dark plans against the US government and the Korean government can hide. We studied it all yesterday until the evening, my comrade Brown from the force coming too to join me in our small mission and that is to protect the President at all cost.

 

The POTUS (President of the United States) is being guarded by his Secret Service agents. They are the ones assigned to guard the President and other leaders of our nation making sure he and his family are safe for any threats that may endanger their lives. We as Delta Force operators are sometimes being called to protect him too in times and areas the Office of the President deems ‘too risky’.

 

In short, we are the silent bodyguards.

 

We don’t wear our uniforms. Only civilian clothes and we mingle with the crowd wearing our ear piece while scouting the area for suspicious persons who might execute a plan to hurt the President. He is our priority, but unlike the Secret Service agents who are all over him… we strike silently.

 

A visit from the President of a country considered to be a number one enemy of North Korea is risky, especially when that President talks a lot of non-sense. No offense but I don’t like our current Chief or the President as everyone calls him but I have a duty to protect him and the interest of our country.   

 

Chewing on my spearmint gum, my eyes scanned the whole area filled with tourists and the Korean and international Press covering the said event. I hope this ends quickly… I still have a promise to fulfill to that cute lady I left in our bed this early morning.

 

 

 

Flashback

 

“What time are you coming back?…”

 

I sighed before turning my attention to her. She looks like a sad puppy pouting at me… awww…

 

Finishing my shoelace, I reached for the fallen strands of hair covering her face “I have no idea. Probably after the event…as long as no North Korean spies or other terrorist group shows up today wanting to shoot the Eagle dead then our job is done.”

 

She nodded at me looking like she wants to say something but controlling herself not to. The pout on her lips and her sighs makes her look so adorable this early in the morning. “Krystal…”

 

“Yeah?…” she was playing with her hands, checking her nails then biting it like a kid. Tsk tsk… she’s avoiding my gaze…

 

“I’ll be back immediately.” I took her hand to get her attention. She turned her head to meet my gaze and I saw her eyes shining with tears. What’s happening??!? “Hey, why are you tearing up?! Is there a problem?!?”

 

“I’m sorry….”

 

“Why? Hey come here…” she brushed her tears away with the back of her hand then rested her head on my shoulder. My arms circling her waist for a side hug, my lips planting a kiss on her forehead. I wonder what’s wrong… “I hope you understand Krystal… I have to do this.”

 

“I know… don’t mind me I’m just feeling a bit overly dramatic today. Maybe because of my hormones…” Oh. I forgot she got her period last night that’s why.

 

“I’m just going to Gyeongbokgung Palace not Somalia…”

 

“I thought its confidential why are you telling me that now?”

 

“Hahaha… you’re right. But my girl should know where I’m heading, right?”

“Tssss…” she raised her head and rested her chin on my shoulder while looking at me. Our eyes met, a small smile finally showing on her lips “Your girl huh…”

 

I wriggled my eyebrows giving her a silly smile, a cute giggle escaping her lips that I captured in a slow kiss. Feels great to kiss this woman every morning… those butterflies in my stomach always having a party when we kiss.

 

She broke the kiss, her teeth nibbling at my bottom lip before planting a kiss again then smiled at me “Come back home safely. Promise?”

 

“That’s a piece of cake.”

 

“I want cake~~…”

 

“Chocolate?”

 

“Yup!”

 

“Mobssie?” her face lit up like a lightbulb while nodding like a kid. Hahaha! Sweets… that’s what she love same as her love with Gopchang.

 

“Then its a date.”

 

“We’re going on a date later?”

 

“Isn’t it a date?”

 

She let out a shy smile, nodding her head again. Biting her lips, she gave me a peck on my right cheek then smiled looking so touched. Adorable. “Promise?”

 

“Promise.”

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

“Liu, can you hear me?” I snickered at Brown’s low voice over the ear piece and answered him while looking around.

 

“Yes Brownie, I can hear you.”

 

“Just checking you man. You were smiling so wide while scanning the perimeter you look like The Joker.”

 

“Tsss… get back to work Brownie.” I saw him standing near the delegation with a camera hanging around his neck because he is posing as a Press Photographer. The truth is that camera is hollow inside so its light. He can threw it effortlessly in time of danger.

 

“Man… thinking about your girl while on duty… tsk tsk tsk… don’t lose your focus…”

 

“I promise a date after this mission so make sure this event finish before 18:00 hours or else my girl will shoot me with her cold glare.”

 

“Woah… Liu knows how to go on a date now. That’s new. Where you taking her?”

 

“Somewhere out there… she asks for chocolate cake…”

 

“We don’t have good chocolate cakes in Fayetteville tell her that.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You know… when you go back to Fort Bragg after your vacation.” I’m not understanding this conversation…

 

“Uhhh…”

 

“Man! Don’t tell me you don’t know about the visits?!” Hmmm….

 

“I’m clueless man. Just tell it to me later and get this job done.”

 

Visits… I think I don’t know about that visits.

 

Maybe because I don’t care back then and I’m always focus on my training and studying. I forgot what those visits are… plus the fact no one will visit me there in that far away state of North Carolina.

 

 

 

 

 

The event in the grand Palace lasted for an hour since they only did it for photo ops and a small Press Conference. After the event we also followed the convoy of the POTUS riding our issued car discreetly behind his Secret Service men going back to his hotel. He will be leaving too tonight after resting then board the Air Force One flying back to Washington.

 

After making sure everything is secured and our services is not needed anymore, Brown and I went back to Camp Humphreys to report to our Commanding Officer and surrender our firearms.

 

“Liu, about the form you were asking yesterday?”

 

“Yes Sir?”

 

“Here you go…” finally. Lt. Col. Miller handed me a brown manila envelop with a smile. I took it and gave him a salute before checking it out. Ohhh… so this is it.

 

“That is DD Form 93 or the Emergency Data Form. I believe you didn’t declare anyone before when you started in the Army?”

 

My eyes scanned the form before I looked up and nodded at my C.O. “Yes sir.”

 

“Then you better fill that up then bring it back here when you’re done. So they can send it back home to be filed immediately.” he patted my shoulder then nodded with a reserved smile. “Should I congratulate you now?” Huh? For what?

 

Maybe he noticed my expression that Col. Miller let out a laugh “Come on! Tell us! Are you getting married that’s why you asked for that form?” Oh.

 

I suddenly have to clear my throat feeling embarrassed. Hahaha… that’s too fast. “Hahaha… Sir… I’m just… preparing… for the future. My g-girlfriend… we just met and have been together for a short time.”

 

“Then make sure both of you are going to end up together Liu and she knows what she is signing up for. You know how our job is.” He’s right. Our job is too risky and secretive… I hope and pray Krystal can survive it until my contract is done.

 

I nodded with a sigh, looking down on the papers. Maybe I should give him an early heads up so he wouldn’t be surprised. “Sir, I would like to tell you something.”

 

“What is it?” Say it now or still think about it?

 

What is there to think about Amber?! 11 years is enough!

 

You’ve done enough for your country. Now start living your life for Krystal and the future ahead of you two.

 

With a deep breath, I looked straight at my Commanding Officer and told him the biggest decision I did in my life…

 

Of course being with Krystal is a big decision too.

 

“Sir, I would like to inform you that this will be my last year in the force.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter