CRAZY LOVE

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! HELLO! HEHEHEHE...

DROPPING A SHORT UPDATE FOR TONIGHT!

PEACE YOW!~

 

 

 

CHAPTER 34

 

 

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

 

 

 

Hours passed by and still no news from Amber. Even a single letter or word reply. Nothing.

 

My insides were like having a party, a rave party! My heart still pounding in nervousness because of this bad feeling.

 

Do I contact the base and check about her? The problem is...

 

Will they even answer my question?! Knowing how secretive their agency is... maybe they won’t even tell anything and say I’m making up everything.  

 

Where the hell are you?!?

 

Goddamnit Amber!

 

Even Hwa Young can’t do anything in pacifying my worried state. I can’t even eat! This is killing me..

 

I thought its just an exercise?!

 

“Babe its just a Night Drop exercise. After landing on the ground we will fold our parachutes then hike back to base. Its just a 7 to 8 mile hike no big deal.”

 

No big deal.

 

THEN WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU NOW??! ITS BEEN HOURS UNTIL NOW YOU HAVEN’T REPLIED TO THE HUNDRED TEXT I SENT TO YOUR KKT!

 

The Doctor came to my office to check my blood pressure because Hwa Young insists. Doctor Kim and the nurse checked my vitals and asked several questions which I answered halfheartedly.

 

“Sajangnim, you need to rest. Is there anything bothering you?” Doctor Kim asked while taking off the cuff of the Sphygmomanometer on my left arm. I sighed deeply and nodded, biting my lips when I raised my head to meet Hyoyeon unnie’s worried stare. Doctor Kim Hyoyeon was one of the beneficiaries of the scholarship our foundation gives for the deserving children of our employees. Her Father was the former Maintenance Supervisor and one of the pioneers in DaeJeong. Because of her intelligence and perseverance, the foundation supported her studies paying for her tuition fee in a private High School till Medical School. I grew up knowing her since she and Yoona unnie are also close friends that I consider her as family too.

 

“I’m just a little stressed with w-work Hyoyeon unnie...”

 

“Stressed with the Board and other share holders?...” tsk. Yeah, another cause of my stress lately.

 

I took my blazer from my lap and slipped my arms on the sleeves wearing it again in a sigh. Remembering the emergency meeting last week asked by the other faction who are still obviously siding with Lee Byung Hun. They discussed the fate of our company and calling me out, saying the company is stable now but sooner or later it won’t be.

 

Unless I enter a business merge that will solidify our stand in the business industry.

 

Saying no one will ever doubt our brand if there is a man behind me that everyone from the business sector will see and consider as my strength. Because they believe a company being run by a woman won’t survive the competition.

 

They want me to get married!

 

I don’t even know what more they want! The company is stable, we are leading in all aspects except the entertainment part because everyone knows there is tough competition in the entertainment industry nowadays.

 

I can’t be bothered by that problem now... I have another worry and that’s Amber still not answering my messages. This is more important than old men whining about Girl power on the business industry. Why will I even marry a man who only knows how to play Golf with executives and boast how many mistresses he has just to boast how big his balls are while pushing his employees to work for his company without proper pay and benefits?! Sorry, I’m not indicating everyone.

 

Anyway, I don’t need a man behind me.

 

I already got a Soldier beside me, more reliable than any man out there.

 

The problem is, that Soldier isn’t calling me until now!

 

“That and other things... thank you for coming Unnie. I know you’re busy in your Clinic...” she reached for my hand patting it affectionately.

 

“Of course I’ll come running here when you need me... and duh! My Clinic is just downstairs! Rest, don’t think too much Sajangnim. Don’t listen to those dirty old men and live your life the way you want. Everyone is here to support you don’t worry. Anyway, we have to go.” I stood up from the couch and accompanied her to the door of my office. “Thanks Hyoyeon unnie...” I smiled at her and returned her bow when she held my hand and squeezed it gently.

 

“By the way... I’m just curious.” Huh?

 

“What is it, Unnie?” I asked. She ordered the nurse to go outside first then the moment the door closes she pulled me to the side and leaned forward to whisper.

 

“Krystal... Are you sure you didn’t missed your period?” 

 

“Unnie!” Tsss...

 

“Tell unnie, how is your life? Do you have a regular partner or its non-existent?”

 

“DOCTOR KIM HYOYEON!”

 

“I’m just checking for medical purposes~...”

 

“Unnie don’t make me kick you out of our company~...”

 

“Don’t worry this falls to the Doctor - Patient confidentiality I won’t say it to anyone...” I gave her a playful push on her shoulders both of us falling into a fit of laughter. Why so interested!? I’ve been dry for a month!

 

“Whatever!”

 

Of course I won’t say I’ve been dry for a month now!

 

This is Kwangsoo’s fault!

 

Kwangsoo entered my office earlier and butted in asking me if I missed my period which I answered with a blank stare and a cold No. He went running out of my office when I threatened to make a hole on top of his head using the heels of my Manolo Blahnik.

 

I just had my period last week! How will I even have a “MISSED” period when its utterly impossible to make “SOMETHING” with a “CERTAIN SOMEONE” that will lead to it! -_-

 

“Its just that you know... that guy who visits you often?...” she wriggled her eyebrows playfully that made me laugh again. This Doctor... tsk tsk. “I haven’t seen him for weeks... where is he?”

 

“Unnie, stop listening to gossips!”

 

“I don’t! Well... I do hear a gossip before that he was that guy the Helicopter picked up from our Helipad last year. Is it true?” i rolled my eyes crossing my arms on her. “Oh come on! He came by to my Clinic one time asking if I can put some ointment on his arm.” Eh? Medicine?

 

My brows furrowed wondering what she meant by it. Medicine? Amber’s arm?

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“His arm was full of scratches... you know... those type of scratches when in heat of passion.” my face suddenly went so hot because of embarrassment. .

 

“Yah!”

 

“What!? I’m not saying its you who did it! Why are you suddenly so defensive hahahaha!! Oh my... tsk tsk tsk. Its true, Yoona really was saying the truth. By the way, his muscles are not that big but its hard. Congratulations!” 

 

“Unnie don’t you dare!”

 

“Just saying the truth! He looks like a pretty boy hehehe. Is he Chinese? But he speaks broken Korean and fluent English, we actually conversed in English. Yoona said he’s your boyfriend but I forgot to get his name because I’m too distracted with his pretty eyelashes and--.”

 

“Goodness! Don’t tell me my sister gossips with you about my lovelife?!”

 

“Just answer me honestly, you didn’t really missed your period? Because sometimes it causes stress when you wait for your period to come especially when you and your partner forgot to use protection or you know do the withdrawal--”

 

“Doctor Kim! I DIDN’T MISSED MY PERIOD! MY PERIOD WAS FINISHED LAST WEEK! AND EVEN IF ME AND MY PARTNER HAVE EVERYDAY I WON’T GET PREGNANT. The end!” 

 

“Then probably you are... ually frustrated that’s why you’re stressed... OH MY GOD! DON’T TELL ME HE HAS LOW COUNT!?” Ugh.

 

“NO! Unnie, one more time and I’ll kick you out of my office.”

 

“Zipping my mouth now!”

 

“Good!”

 

She grinned at me then ran to the door waving goodbye. Gosh! This ahjumma stresses me even more!

 

Scratches... now I remember! Tsk tsk tsk... I didn’t know she went to the Clinic that day. Yoona unnie probably said some details about Amber! Aiiisshh! She’ll get it from me when I come home this weekend!

 

Instead of slacking on the couch waiting for her reply, I went to my desk and started signing documents just to distract my mind. Jackjack lying under my table near my feet, it when he feels like I’m being tense again.

 

I look at my phone from time to time, checking if she have read my message but much to my fear and worry she hasn’t. Even checking my laptop for the time conversion making sure the time is correct. Its already past 6:00 in the evening now meaning back there in her place its already 5:00 in the morning.

 

If nothing happened and their exercise was a success, Amber could have gone back now to the camp and maybe... sleeping?

 

Nah...

 

She won’t sleep without reading my messages... she always do that. Amber won’t let me worry on her... I know her. The moment she gets her hand on her phone she will automatically read my messages and reply even if its a short one.

 

I heaved a deep sigh and dropped my fountain pen on the table. Leaning back on my leather chair, I closed my eyes and took deep breaths trying to free my mind from the cloud of negativity looming over me. I have to think positive...

 

Amber is fine...

 

She jumped from the airplane like Tom Cruise then didn’t forgot to open her Parachute...

 

Then her Parachute didn’t open and she’s falling...

 

NOOOO!!! STUPID INNER SELF! I SAID THINK POSITIVE!

 

She won’t break her promise. Amber will never break her promise...

 

“Arf! Arf!” 

 

I immediately opened my eyes to see why Jackjack was barking. He was by the glass window of my office, standing there and barking even wagging his tail. He doesn’t look agitated, he looks excited barking at the thin curtain on that spot...

 

A sudden chill froze me on my seat.

 

Blood leaving my face and my heart pounding like crazy I can hear it in my ears.

 

No.

 

It can’t be.

 

With trembling hands I reached for the IP Phone on my right and pressed the button for the Speaker phone before pressing ‘0’. A single ring the call was quickly answered.

 

“Yes, Sajangnim?” Hwa Young’s worried voice filled the room same as Jackjack’s barking.

 

No...

 

“Arf! Arf! Arf!”

 

“Sajangnim?! Sajangnim!?”

 

There are so many things playing on my mind right now... so many scenarios... I don’t know what to think anymore...

 

I felt a lump in my throat blocking the words I wanted to say... Jackjack stopped barking on that spot and came striding on my direction. When he reached me he started my feet patting his paws on my skin that made the hairs on my body rise in horror.

 

Why am I feeling this way?!

 

Did something bad happened all this time??!

 

“Sajangnim!? I’m going in--” 

 

“H-h-hwa Young...” I cleared my throat and took a deep breath to stop myself from tearing up. I don’t wanna cry... i don’t wanna cry...

 

“Yes Sajangnim?! Is there any problem?”    

 

I took Jackjack from the floor and cradled him in my arms while looking at the spot where he was barking a while ago. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and exhaled it slowly before giving my command.

 

“P-please call the P-pilot. Tell him to ready the Jet... I need to be in North Carolina, ASAP.”

 

“Right away, Sajangnim. I will make a Memo informing everyone about your Leave of Absence.”

 

“Thank you Hwa Young.” 

 

I ended the call and stood up from my seat holding Jackjack and made my way to the corner where he was barking. There wasn’t anything strange on it but when we were already on the spot he started barking again. Making my heart race again in so much fear that I have to bite my lips just not to cry.

 

“Jackjack don’t be like that! You’re scaring Mommy!”

 

“Arf! Arf! Arf!”

 

“Stop it baby! Its nothing! Its just c-curtains...”

 

No, Amber is okay. There is nothing wrong... nothing bad happened to her.

 

She’s alive...

 

She’s well...

 

There was a faint knock on the door, Hwa Young entering after. “Krystal, are you sure you want to fly there tonight?! Maybe Lt. Liu is just busy or... or... her phone was dead- I mean drained! Her phone battery is drained!”

 

“Hwa Young-ah... I don’t know why but I have a bad feeling...” 

 

She went to my side and patted my back trying to calm the nervousness I have inside. I bit my lips and turned my head to face her, teary eyes while nodding in gratitude.

 

Amber is fine... she is fine...

 

She sighed deeply and reached for Jackjack’s head then smiled in understanding. “I’ll get Jackjack’s doggie papers and ready everything. Signed the Memo I made so that I can have Secretary Kim route it to every offices. I already informed the office of Director Choi, I told him you have an urgent business meeting in New York. I also included him on the Memo as the designated person on your behalf. Send him a text message too so he won’t wonder. Don’t worry Krystal, everything is already taken cared of.” she squeezed my shoulders earning a nod from me as I started to tear up in so much nervousness. “Hey, don’t cry! Its nothing! Amb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter