B.O.S.S. JUNG

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! 

LIKE I PROMISED! ITS MONDAY!

DROPPING THE FIRST CHAPTER FOR ALL OF YOU. HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT. 

THANK YOU TO ALL THE SUBSCRIBERS AND TO THOSE WHO UPVOTED THE STORY IN A FLASH. THANK YOU!

LET US ALL MEET THE CHAIRMAN AND B.O.S.S. C.E.O. OF DAEJEONG CORPORATION. 

Peace yow!~

 

 

 

 

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

 

 

Six months earlier…

 

 

“Sa jang-nim, the Board awaits…” I gave a nod to my secretary Miss Kim, who is waiting outside the car. A deep sigh escaped my lips seeing the welcome prepared for me by the high officials of our company. The bastards lining up inside the lobby by the double doors, fixing their business suits and checking their watches. Huh…  

 

Do not tell me I am late. I have never been late all through out my life. Even when I was born in this world, my Mother said I was on time.

 

Look at them Mom… they look like buffoons. You were right when you said those fools always makes you laugh inside when you accompany Dad in his Board Meetings. They wear their expensive suits and shiny oxford shoes just to impress and make it known how much money they earn by doing nothing.

 

Can you see them right there in Heaven?

 

Have you met Dad there?

 

Hmmm… I hope so. It was his 49 Days yesterday…

 

The old man already waited for so long just to join you there Mom…

 

“Miss… Are you ready to meet the Directors?”

 

I took a glance at my side, the thick Manila envelop lying on the seat beside me together with my leather handbag.

 

The most powerful envelop that will shock everyone today.

 

Hwa Young, my assistant who is sitting at the passenger seat looked back at me with a smile giving me a nod. A show of support in whatever I will do today that will change the way how things are handled in our company.

 

The company that my Father built with his hard work, diligence, and brains.

 

I will not let anyone tarnish the reputation and good name my Father worked on all his life to achieve. Those fools doesn’t have the right to ruin my Father’s legacy.

 

All of you will pay for it…

 

And it starts now.

 

One by one.

 

So this is it.

 

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, uttering a short prayer to the Heavens for guidance. Calling out the name of my deceased parents’ spirits asking them to guide me in what I will do.

 

Mom… Dad… I know I was not born to lead. I was born to dream…

 

But there is nothing I can do but accept this challenge you have given me.

 

“Are my siblings coming?”

 

“Yes, Miss. They are already inside the Board Room waiting for you, including your Brother-In-Laws, Director Choi and Director Lee.” I rolled my eyes hearing those two names that makes my stomach churn. Ugh. Should I include those two fools in my list?

 

Hmmm… maybe not today. We shall see…

 

I don’t want my business suit be smudge with their stupidity, nor let the heels of my Roger Vivier stiletto be stained with their dirty blood.    

 

I still need their participation today.

 

Glancing at the classic CHANEL watch in my wrist, my Father’s birthday gift three years ago, I took the Manila envelop and nodded at Hwa Young.

 

I am ready.

 

 

 

 

 

 

DaeJeong Corporation is a conglomerate holding company built by my Father together with his two friends 40 years ago. It comprises numerous businesses in various industries of food and food service, pharmaceutics and biotechnology, entertainment and media, home shopping and logistics.

 

My Father, Jung Woo Sun, served as Chairman and C.E.O. of the company until his death 50 days ago at the age of 75 due to Prostate Cancer. My Mother, Song Ye-jin died 13 years ago… something I want to forget and not bring up anymore because it brings pain in my heart.

 

With chin held up high, I walk in a quick but sure manner being followed by my secretary Miss Kim and Hwa Young. The Head of Security together with other guards all dressed in black suits and ear piece connected on their ears walking ahead surrounding me as I enter the double glass doors of the technologically advance building in the heart of the Yeouido Business District. My Father’s last project before he died, building a modern headquarters for the company to exhibit how we are at par with the competitors.

 

All heads bow down when my heels touched the marble floor as soon as I entered. Left and right all lined up to welcome me, those people I recognize from the report given to me are all standing in front of the line bowing like I'm some kind of a Goddess.

 

Well… afterall, I am a Goddess.

 

“Krystal-ssi, welcome!” ugh. Does he really have to welcome me?!

 

The man who spoke and didn’t bow down lowly like a peasant is my Father’s ‘friend’ and business partner, Lee Byung Hun. How old is he?… 75? 78? I think the same age as Dad. He is one of Dad’s partner when the company was built, he sold his share to Dad back then when it hit a high mark on the Stock Market and contented himself by serving as one of the Board of Directors doing nothing.

 

Instead of helping Dad when the company finally reached it peak, he just sat on his office chair and waited for money to come. His son is married to my older sister, Jessica Jung Sooyeon.

 

The other friend of Dad and business partner, Choi Min Sik, died first because of a heart ailment 5 years ago. He is a good man, that I can say. Dad and him made the company prosper and lead the market making partnerships and acquiring small companies making them popular and successful today. But before Uncle Min Sik died, his only son was married off to my other sister, Jung Yoona. They have a 4 year old son, Matthew.

 

I gave him a slight bow but not handing out my hand. “Director Lee, you shouldn’t have welcomed me here in the lobby. You could have waited for me inside the Board Room since I will be going there too.”

 

Arrogant and cunning, that is how my late Father describes this former friend of his. On the days leading to his death, Dad told me to be careful and alert when dealing with Director Lee. He will do everything to prove that I am not capable in leading our company with the sole reason that I am a woman.

 

He wants to put my idiot and sly brother-in-law in the C.E.O. position that I have taken over from my Father by right and proving my capabilities ever since I went back from studying in London a year ago. This is my birth right…

 

A position passed on to me when the eldest of us siblings, our older brother Jung Hae In, decided to take the vow of the clergy and was ordained to be a priest 3 years ago.

 

 

The only son, the one who was supposed to carry over the legacy of our Father. The one tasked to continue the Jung legacy… *sigh*

 

There was nothing our Father can do but let him. Hae In oppa being a Catholic Priest when our Father was a devout Buddhist and the three of us his sisters and him are baptized as Methodist Christians. He joined the Catholic church and became a seminarian that lead him to be ordained as a priest.

 

Since my sisters are all married now, their right to inherit the position has been passed on to their husbands BUT… Dad changed the laws of the company at the last minute, months before he died and revised it taking the two men out of the game. They remain a member of the Board and that was one thing I hated.

 

Because they might stage a coup and fire me as the C.E.O. of the company with just one wrong move from me. A lot of incidents like that has happened in other companies and I don’t want to be included in that percentage.

 

Before Dad died, he made the two promise to support my leadership and gave them key positions. Handling some of our subsidiaries that made them grateful and pledge their loyalty. But I still don’t trust them that’s why I have people keeping an eye from them.

 

 

 

 

 

I smiled sweetly at the old man and lead the way to the Board Room. As I enter, my eyes caught sight of my siblings standing from their seats with supportive smiles at me. Proud and happy of what I have achieved, but sad and sorry about what is coming for me. A high ranking position like this is not common in our country, let alone a Chaebol (conglomerate) like us. The old ways thinking that women should remain in the lowest position and let the men handle the leadership.

 

I am here to prove them wrong.

 

My face lit up seeing Hae In oppa, Jessica unnie, and Yoona unnie. All three of them complete. I need them, I need their strength on what I will do today. We have prepared for this even when Dad was still alive but already battling for his life everyday. He said I am the only one who can do it. He believes in me, my siblings believes in me, even the Directors that is on our side. The problem is…

 

I don’t believe in myself.

 

I cleared my throat as I stood in front of them all. All 10 members of the Board including my siblings and their husbands. Five. I have secured automatic five votes… but one I have a doubt.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter