LEAVING ALL THE S BEHIND

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 A/N: HEY CHINGUS! DROPPING A SHORT UPDATE FOR TONIGHT!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE SUBSCRIBERS AND UPVOTERS! ;) 

TO ALL THOSE STILL PATIENTLY WAITING ON THIS STORY THANK YOU :)

 

 

CHAPTER 22

 

 

This is so awkward but funny.

 

Hahahaha!!!!

 

A love triangle.

 

Kidding!

 

Seo Ju-hyun, the cousin of Yuri unnie that is older than me by 2 years. We were schoolmates back then in the music center where I was studying Cello. Seohyun as how we fondly calls her, was sent abroad to study in New York, specifically in Julliard, to study Music and become a world class Pianist. We share the same dream... she achieved it, she had a solo performance last year in Lincoln Center.

 

Me?

 

Still a dream but stuck here in this family mess.

 

I didn’t know she’s back from New York...

 

Ohhh... the Choi couple are acting cute. Yoona unnie’s face earlier when she saw Seohyun is so funny! This woman... seeing her girl crush made her blush and shy! I know Siwon oppa knew about her crush with Seohyun, Yoona unnie and Siwon oppa were close friends before they were married.

 

The two guests took the available seats that was provided for them. Yuri unnie sat on my left opposite Jessica unnie while Seohyun sat beside Matthew opposite the Choi couple. Amber tapping on my lap and whispering “Who are they?” 

 

“Family friends...” she nodded at me resting her hand on my thigh. I placed mine over her hand intertwining it. I turned to Yuri unnie beside me and called her “Yuri unnie...” 

 

“Yes Krystal?”

 

“I want you to meet Amber, Amber this is Yuri Kwon.” 

 

“Nice to meet you Miss Yuri...” 

 

They shook hands with a smile then Yuri unnie raised her eyebrows at me teasingly, looking back and forth between me and Amber then smiled that made me shy. “Oh... Amber... my dongsaeng’s girlfriend?”

 

“Yes...” my cheeks flushing red when Amber answered with a warm smile her cheeks flushing too while looking at me. “I was bewitched.”

 

“Tsss…” I rolled my eyes and pouted earning a small laugh from Yuri unnie. She patted my head like she always does even though she knows I’m old enough to be petted. Pointing at the end of the table, she introduced her cousin to Amber. “That’s my cousin on my Mother’s side, Seohyun.”

 

Seohyun just waved her hand at Amber and reached for my shoulder squeezing it playfully. “I just came home from New York and this is what welcomes me! I really have to live my life now!” Hehehehe… “Nice to meet you Amber! Have you heard Krystal play her Cello?! I bet you fell in love with her while watching her play… she’s good, right?” Sigh. I smiled at her and turned to Amber who also smiled at me. I reached for her nape caressing it lightly, knowing what’s playing on her mind.

 

I played my Cello the other night upon her request because she was curious about the music it does. I played Bach Prelude, Suite n.1 and Suite n.2 because its two of my favorite Bach pieces. My eyes were closed while playing my instrument and only opened it when finished.

 

 

 

What welcomed me was Amber’s tearful smile while looking up at me from the floor where she was sitting. Worried why she was tearing up, I carefully placed my Cello back on its placed and joined her on the floor holding her from behind asking why and hugging her tight. She said she just suddenly remembered her parents while listening to the music, she became emotional all of a sudden. She said it was happy tears not sad because if her Mom and Dad were alive now and witnessed my performance… she said they will surely love it.

 

 

 

“You should think about chasing that dream again, Krys.”

 

“In this situation I am in now… can I still chase it?”

 

“There’s always a choice…”

 

“I made my choice a long time ago…”

 

“And you regret it even though how many times you hide it Krys.”

 

“I guess I’m a fool for regretting everything now. But there’s one choice I won’t regret…”

 

“Hmmm… that is?…”

 

“You.”

 

 

 

She leaned forward giving a kiss on my forehead then let out a goofy smile she only shows to me. The Soldier is really warming up now not afraid to show her feelings anymore...

 

“She’s the best.” 

 

We two are the best example of disgusting mushy people in this table. XD

 

 

 

 

 

 

The dinner started with occasional banters from Yoona unnie and Yuri unnie, Siwon oppa joining too while Amber and I stayed quiet eating and tending to Matthew. I took glances at Jessica unnie who was quietly eating not joining the chattering.

 

I wonder... what is the reason of Yuri unnie’s sudden decision to dine with us?

 

I threw some glances at Yoona unnie trying to get her attention but she’s too busy having an enjoyable night talking to her girl crush and her husband supporting her. Weirdos. Maybe this relationship these two has is weird but they are handling it well minus the mistress. But it seems Siwon oppa has been spending all his time with his family...

 

Yoona unnie told me back in the hospital while we were taking care of Jessica unnie that her husband has been clinging on her after that incident when she caught that girl inside his office. Siwon oppa coming home early and spending weekends with her and Matthew, not even going out to meet his mistress. Yoona unnie said it was weird and his sweetness is weird. She told me that she asked Siwon oppa if he needs to ask permission for something like taking a vacation with the girl or anything. Oppa was laughing and told her he isn’t asking anything for return in all he was doing, he just wanted to make my sister happy. Wow...

 

I feel something good is coming to this couple. Judging from the way they look at each other tonight and my sister touching her husband’s arm, hair, head, anything she can touch my God while talking and laughing with the guests.

 

She really has fallen for her husband.. I hope Siwon oppa catches her.

 

 

A complete opposite of this other sister of mine. Sigh.

 

 

Jessica unnie was eating quietly, using only one hand since the other was in a sling. She cleared and reached for Kimchi when Yuri unnie spoke in a cold voice. “How is your arm?”

 

Everyone became quiet, the only noise coming from Matthew’s spoon while eating. Jessica unnie didn’t answer immediately and brought the Kimchi to  before speaking. Oh gosh don’t make this too awkward...

 

“Fine.”

 

“That’s good...” 

 

“Hmmm....”

 

“How about your husband? Is he okay now?”

 

My sister made a shrug still looking down on her bowl of rice while chewing. Yoona unnie and I shared a look before she stepped in and joined the conversation or else the thick cloud of awkwardness will be hanging until this dinner ends.

 

“D-donghae oppa is well! The Doctor said his wound will heal in no time he just needed to rest and recuperate. He’s staying at his Father’s house--”

 

“We are getting a divorce.”

 

The only sound heard was Yuri unnie’s spoon dropping on the table.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JESSICA’S POV

 

 

 

 

“We are getting a divorce.”

 

Her spoon met the table, her face in shock. What’s with the reaction Yuri?

 

Everyone in the table was quiet that I have to look up from my bowl and meet their surprised stares. Krystal’s brows furrowing while staring at me like asking what crazy thing did I said. Sigh.

 

“Why are you all surprised? My husband and I had a talk and agreed that its time we part ways because it isn’t healthy anymore.”

 

Its not an easy talk with Donghae but we managed to agree and reach a settlement. And the plan I thought of didn’t do well, that was stupid. Good thing the bullet didn’t pierce any artery of his thigh and he’ll live.

 

I admit, it was my stupid plan.

 

The newly hired guard who has only been serving in our mansion for 5 days is still in hiding. We payed him with a large sum enough for him to live comfortably and keep quiet.

 

Donghae is an easy fool to convince maybe because he has always been the person who adores me even if we fight endlessly. But the marriage isn’t working from the start, no need to continue it and be hurt until we grow old.

 

I gave him the best settlement he won’t get from his scheming Father. Tsss... he thought I don’t know? That his Father has been giving him orders to make sure the company will be theirs. Well I have a better offer for him.

 

Throwing Hae In in jail is a plus too. I don’t want him in our family anymore even though Yoona and Krystal are teaming up in putting him in a rehab facility. Don’t they understand? I don’t want a dangerous person like him around us... around Matthew...

 

Around my would be kid.

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

“I have a plan and I want you in it, if you say yes to everything I ask you to do then I will make it up to you.”

 

“Tell me your plan…”

 

My feet lead me to our bed where he is seating, my gun still pointed at him. If my plan works, everything will be in their right places.

 

God forgive me.

 

“J-jess…”

 

“We are going to send Hae In to jail and you will help me.” I carefully dropped the gun on the side of the bed not forgetting to lock it and reached for Donghae’s dress shirt with force sending the buttons flying.

   

He froze in his place staring at me with a bewildered expression. I took off his shirt throwing it on the floor and stared straight into his eyes trying to connect with him. “Its a silly plan but I hope it works... help me and I’ll give something you have been wanting for a long time.” 

 

“Are you sure Jess?”

 

“Yeah. And besides, you are nuts in keeping him spending those large sum of money just to make him lose his self. I want my brother in jail, as simple as that.”

 

“Don’t you love your brother anymore?!”

 

“I want a divorce too.” 

 

“WHAT?! DIVORCE?!”

 

“YES. A DIVORCE.”

 

“Are you really okay Jess? You know what, lets talk tomorrow when your mind is already clear and forgot about the heartbreak Yuri gave you today--”

 

“I’m okay! And I know you want it too but afraid to do because of your Father.” he looked away and held my waist pushing me gently out of his way.

 

He stood up from the bed and walked to the bathroom entering it. I followed him inside and sat on the marble sink while he starts to brush his teeth. I should start my pep talk before I forget all about it.

 

“Listen to me, if you are thinking about that contract your Father made about our marriage then don’t worry we can get out of that.”

 

“Jess, like Siwon, I will lose everything if we break that contract.”

 

“A contract made when my Father was still alive...”

 

“St

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter