THAT DAY YOU DIDN'T SAY GOODBYE

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! DROPPING A SHORT AND BORING CHAPTER FOR ALL OF YOU!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE PATIENT SUBSCRIBERS AND GRACIOUS UPVOTERS! ;D

Peace Yow!~

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

 

“Hmmmm….” I rolled on the other side of the mattress searching for warmth. My hand swiping on the sheets expecting a warm body but found nothing… I lay on my back, covering my face with my right arm trying to stabilize the headache I am having.

 

Ugh…

 

I hate hangovers.

 

Slowly opening my eyes, I groaned just to find out the warmth I was expecting to have… isn’t anywhere inside the room. Krystal…

 

Where is she…?

 

I carefully sat on the mattress rubbing my eyes and looked around. Expecting a total chaos but found the clothes I wore last night neatly folded and placed on the floor beside me. Even my dog tag is on top of it too.

 

Beside my clothes was the shirt she was wearing last night, also neatly folded and if I remember correctly buttons missing because I was in such a hurry.

 

Hurray Amber! You know what you were doing last night!

 

What did she wore earlier when she left?

 

Damn… she left even before I woke up.

 

Is this karma?

 

“Hahaha… .” so this is the feeling of waking up in the morning and finding out the person who ed you last night left you all alone….

 

A small smile was slowly creeping out of my lips, shaking my head when I remembered what happened last night. Everything was real…

 

She was real.

 

Thinking about it now, what we did last night was because of being intoxicated with alcohol. All inhibitions was thrown out of the window as soon as we entered this room. I may be intoxicated but I know what I was doing… I want her and I felt how much she wanted it to happen too.

 

I dropped myself on the bed, my head hitting the pillows when the familiar fruity scent of her hair caught my attention. Her scent still lingers on my pillows, even on the sheets… I took the pillow and covered my face with it, looking like a fool as I drown myself on her scent sniffing the soft fabric like my life depends on it. You are such a fool Amber…

 

So what now?

 

I don’t know…

 

This can’t go on Amber… remember, anytime the base will call.

 

I know.

 

Stop. Before its too late and you’re already drowning in this temporary madness you are in.

 

Sigh.

 

 

 

I fell asleep hugging the pillow close to me, hoping I will see her in my dreams. But it was a mistake…

 

I dreamt of that tragic day all over again.

 

If not for Sungjae knocking on my door to wake me up… the bad dream will continue.

 

A dream that always leaves me breathless and panting when I wake up, the heavy feeling of longing for my parents coming back again.

 

One of the reasons why I have insomnia. My sleeping pattern ruined by the fear of having the same dream whenever I will close my eyes to sleep. It was only broken when I met Krystal Jung and it was her who filled my dreams every night for two weeks straight after I met her. I was surprise to find myself being able to sleep without worrying that I will have the same nightmare.

 

But this morning, I don’t know why the nightmare came back again. Is this a bad sign?…

 

It was already lunch time when I went down from my room after having a long shower. My head was still having that throbbing feeling in the center probably because of hunger. I met Sungjae downstairs sitting by the table having his meal.

 

The restaurant is still closed and will start its operation by 4:00 PM until 4:00 AM the following day. He saw me approaching his table and welcomed me by raising his knuckles for a bro fist that i reciprocated with one.

 

“Amber-ssi… bad hangover?” I sat on the chair across him and nodded fixing my hair back with my fingers. The delicious smell of boiling hot Kimchi Jjigae in front of me filling my senses that made me rub my empty stomach. I’m hungry…  

 

“By the way, have this.” he placed a glass of water in front of me and smiled wriggling his eyebrows in a tease.

 

“Thanks…” my throat feels dry… I brought the glass in my lips to quench my thirst when he suddenly spoke again.

 

“Krystal noona called me a while ago just to tell me to make that Honey water for you and this Kimchi Jjigae.” I raise my gaze at him and saw him crossing his arms with a serious almost dark expression. Is he okay?

 

“I will not ask you what happened last night… but I would like to tell you that Krystal noona is like a sister to me. You hurt her, I hurt you.” making his message known by cracking his knuckles. Tsss.

 

I answered him with an intense stare, the kind of stare I use when I interrogate captured terrorist to make them admit where their other fellow bastards are hiding. His eyes showed a glint of fear, his throat moving when he swallowed, a bead of sweat rolling on his forehead. All those reaction my watchful eyes captured while staring at him.

 

Before my lips broke into an innocent grin, shaking my head with a smile that made him sigh in relief audibly and laugh. I started to dig in to the delicious meal prepared for me, the heavy feeling of longing I felt when I woke up having that awful nightmare suddenly fading away.

 

Knowing there is a person who remembered me even in her own little way.

 

Even if…

 

I don’t even know if we will meet again.

 

----------------

 

It has been seven days since that night and I still haven’t seen her.

 

At the first three days I didn’t mind it and told myself not to hope, because Krystal is a very busy person and who am I for her to waste her precious time. I have other things to do like explore the city and learn about the culture like I always do in other places I’ve been to. I bought a scooter through Sungjae’s friend, Peniel, who owns a Bike Shop and started exploring the neighboring places. Trying to forget about the girl who has been bugging my mind.

 

The only thing is… I was always reminded of her. Her warm smile always crosses my mind even if I am eating or brushing my teeth. Seeing her smiling at me by the bathroom mirror, toothpaste foam covering her lips then planting a kiss on my cheek. I will smile like a fool… only to realize later on that it was just my imagination and I am alone.

 

On the fourth day, I gave in.

 

I asked Sungjae for help if there was any way I can get a Korean number, he accompanied me to a convenience store and bought a Prepaid Sim Card that can be use for 30 days. He said I can use it for data, calls, and text if I want to contact Krystal. I’m not even telling him anything and yet he already concluded tsk tsk tsk. He saved Krystal’s number telling me that I should call her once and for all because he can’t take it anymore seeing me always staring at the door of the restaurant waiting for her to come.

 

But everytime my finger will have the urge to tap her number on the screen… the thought of leaving anytime will cross my mind. And always, always…… leaves me staring on the phone feeling like a chicken.

 

A courageous soldier in the most dangerous place on Earth… but a coward when it comes to calling a woman who I don’t even know how to place in my life.

 

In all these years that I stayed in different places, I have never met someone like Krystal Jung. I may have met some in my drunken state and woke up in different motels, but I always leave them and never try to get to know them because I am contented with myself. I don’t want complications in my life, I don’t want to worry myself thinking about someone I left back home.

 

Home… that is also one of my problem.

 

I don’t have anything to call home.

 

-------------------------

 

“Yah…”

 

I turned my head on Sungjae’s direction when I heard him call me. We are hanging out at the side of the restaurant smoking, just relaxing and waiting for another hour to open it. “What?” I took a long hit of my almost done cigarette before flicking it on the ground and stepping on it. Releasing the smoke upwards in a slow drag, feeling the Nicotine in my veins.

 

Its my first smoke since I came to Korea and my first after 2 years since an assignment in Israel where I smoke my first cigarette because my team partner handed me one while hiding in a rooftop of an abandoned building. And now, Sungjae handed me one that’s why I did.

 

“Did you already call Noona?” he asked and lit another stick using the ember of his finished cigarette before flicking the bud on the ground, crushing it. I smiled, shaking my head and looking away.

 

Its been 6 days and 7 nights since I saw her. Two days since I got her number. And until now I still don’t have the courage to call or text her.

 

Because everytime I will compose a simple message, even a two letter word like ‘Hi’… I will always end up erasing it.

 

“WHAT!!? YOU HAVEN’T CALLED HER!? WHYYYYYYY!!!…..”

 

“I don’t know… what if she’s busy?”

 

“She’s always busy but if you will call her, maybe she will find time to entertain your call!”

 

“Nah… people like her has a lot of matters to attend to.”

 

“Are you really like that?! I mean..” he took a hit of his cigarette and released the smoke on his nose after “Do you have no interest in Noona? Like, any plans on getting to know her better?”

 

I would love to…

 

“Its complicated.”

 

“Come on! What’s complicated in sending her a message asking her for a date!?”

 

“You don’t understand… everything in my work and life is complicated.”

 

“But you like her?”

 

Do I like Krystal Jung?

 

Hell…

 

I adore her.

 

“Maybe.” is all I can say.

 

---------------------------

 

7 days and 8 nights.

 

That is how long since I haven’t saw Krystal Jung.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter