NOT TOO SOON, MY LOVE

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 A/N: HEY CHINGUS!!! DROPPING A SHORT UPDATE FOR TONIGHT! 

JUST FINISHED WATCHING PLAYER AND ITS A GOOD DRAMA CHINGUS DO WATCH IT!

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SUBSCRIBERS WHO HAVE BEEN PATIENTLY WAITING FOR STORY UPDATES. TO THE UPVOTERS THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

HERE YOU GO, OUR UPDATE FOR TONIGHT. 

PEACE YOW~!

 

 

CHAPTER 33

 

 

Day 31 of 210

 

 

FORT BRAGG

DELTA FORCE HEADQUARTERS

FAYETTEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA

 

AMBER’S POV

 

 

Its been a month since I came back to camp and everything is already going well. My team mates were all ecstatic seeing all the treats I brought for them specially the Korean Ginseng drink and boxes of Choco Pie Krystal sent. They asked me where I got all of it and who sent it for them, I told them someone kindhearted gave it for me to share.

 

Going back to camp means falling into my usual routine and I’m glad about it because its like not being away for 3 months. Morning workout, intelligence gathering training, I got to play with my guns again to practice my marksmanship (although I also did some shooting exercise whenever Krystal and I will go home to Gangwon) at the shooting range, some combat training with my squadron and I took a new Language class to learn Korean because my Commanding officer said it can be useful for us in the future.

 

 

Of course I didn’t tell him I already learned basic hehehe…

 

Life inside the camp is like a cycle, something different from the life I had the chance to live in Seoul. Everyday is the same unless our team gets to be tasked to do an operation. Every team is randomly picked based on their potentials and readiness.

 

Since my rank is already a Lieutenant, I should be holding a team but I told my Commanding Officer I am more than willing to be the second Team leader than be the one handling them. I don’t see myself ready to handle that kind of responsibility.

 

Krystal and I are still taking the time difference thing slowly but surely. It because when its time for me to clock out from work, its already morning time back at Seoul and she’s already preparing to go to work. One time I was awake from 6:00 PM till 6:00 AM because we were Facetiming each other from the morning she went to work until she clocked out from work. I didn’t had sleep and said goodbye to her because its already time for me to go start the morning drill. The other time it was her who was awake evening time in Korea until morning both of us just talking and sharing every day life stories. The first week both of us were losing sleep that we have to compromise.

 

Like now, I just got back from duty and went straight to the barracks and entered my room. Since I am a female I get my own room instead of sharing it with the other operators. Same as the other female staff here in the agency who are handling the intelligence side and office stuffs.

 

 

Its just a small room with a single bed, my study table on the side that I use on my reading and writing. I also have a TV and my gaming consoles that I play with when I am bored. A closet, a single bathroom with a shower stall. That’s it. For years I’ve lived comfortably inside the camp and I was contented… until I met Krystal and realized there is a different life outside the barracks that I have been missing all this time.

 

That’s why in the next few days… I am transferring in my own one bedroom apartment outside camp.

 

Yep, I decided to rent one instead of continuing to live inside. I know, its my last contract with the force. But the desire to live outside the fortified and very secretive camp came to me one day when it suddenly dawned on me that when the day comes Krystal visits me, I don’t have anything to offer. I don’t have my own house where we can live comfortably, I don’t have my own car that we can use to go around.

 

I’m basically a person with savings but doesn’t own anything.

 

Renting an apartment in a community where the families of soldiers live is good enough. Plus I bought a second hand pick up truck, I can sell it after my contract ends. Much cheaper than buying a new truck.

 

I want her to feel welcome when she comes here and not just stay in a hotel waiting for me to arrive. Having my own place is better than staying in a hotel. Much more better because we can have the privacy we want. Its just like in Seoul, I will be working at day time and come back home after my duty without thinking of any curfew.

 

“Hey… good morning sleepy head…” I smiled on the screen seeing Krystal’s pout when she answered my Face Time call. Tsk tsk tsk… look at this woman… she’s pouting and smiling even if her eyes are still closed!

 

I placed my phone at the bedside table facing me while I sit on my bed taking off my boots and fatigue uniform. Watching her blink her eyes as it slowly adjusted to the light then stared straight at the camera of her phone. Looks like her brain is still processing hehehe… “Hey beautiful…”

 

“Hey y…” she said in her hoarse voice and sent me a kiss ruffling her hair after. I reciprocated it by kissing the screen and took my phone from the table going inside the bathroom to wash up. “How’s your day Lt.?”

 

 

“Tiring and at the same time boring. I was doing some paper works in my office the whole day…”

 

“Hahaha… well quite interesting since that’s all I do too…”

 

“At least yours is business, mine is about people.” I snickered after and placed the phone on the cellphone holder that I attached on the mirror. Its actually those type of cellphone holders for cars with the suction cup thing for the glass window. I bought it and its convenient to use when I talk to her while I do my thing in the bathroom hehehehe…

 

She chuckled as response and rolled to her side setting her phone too on a level where she don’t have to hold it. I grinned at her on the other line brushing my teeth while she watches me, laughing with her just-got-out-of-bed messy hair that I terribly miss making her look so stunning. Damn… I miss this woman…

 

“I’m more relieved if you’re inside your office than outside.”

 

“Its boring~… doing background checks on random people is boring.”

 

“At least there isn’t any flying bullets around!”

 

“Papercuts are worse than bullets.”

 

“Hahahaha!! True…” the two of us stared at each other on the screen making funny faces as I finish my brushing of teeth. Next I did was wash my face before taking a hot shower to take away all the tensions in my muscles because of the intense close combat training we did this morning. Damn I got a kick on my shin earlier… good thing it wasn’t all that serious. And well… I managed to make Brown tap out in a head lock.

 

All of that while Krystal was at the other line watching me. Probably going out of her room and going to the kitchen because I can already hear the puppy barking at her. She even whistled playfully while I was showering hahaha!

 

“You know I can get used to this Amber, watching you take a bath… hehehe…”

 

“Hahaha! As if you don’t watch me take a bath when I was there!”

 

“Well this time its different… I can’t join you and I don’t have a chance to pinch your ~…” I finished my shower and took the towel hanging by the rack going near the camera all . As expected she was already at the living room lounging at her couch. She was controlling herself not to laugh loudly by covering but failed to do so. Tsk tsk tsk…

 

“Why the hell are you laughing Sajang-nim!?”

 

“Yah!! Cover up!”

 

“No one’s here but me! I’m inside the bathroom!”

 

“But I’m hereeee~… I can see all of it~..”

 

“Then the more I should not cover up~.” I said to her with a playful wink. She gave me a cute snarl then pouted like a kid pointing at the camera circling her index finger. “I see you are working out a lot…” she said. I patted myself dry with my bath towel then wore my boxer shorts and white T-shirt before I started to dry my hair. The act reminding me of those nights Krystal will make me sit on the bed in front of her then she will take the task of drying my hair before we sleep.

 

Damn. This is torture.

 

“Not really Krys… its just the usual work out here. But I think I did gained some meat here in my arms…” I flexed my right arm in front of the camera showing my biceps and triceps that I worked so hard in the gym. It isn’t like those what my team mates has, nothing like the very muscly and veiny arms. Mine is toned and well defined since I’m a woman.

 

“Tssss… seeing it in person will make me believe. Don’t work out too much. Think about your bones…”

 

“Eh?”

 

“You’re not getting any younger, Amber.~”

 

“I’m turning 31 but I’m still young Krys…”

 

“But your body already received a lot of trauma in battle remember that…” Hmmm… makes sense.

 

“I know… don’t worry I’m fine.” I smiled at her and the two of us stared at each other both having that feeling of longing. Her eyes shows it even if she smiles, my heart feeling that longing for her. Oh God… I miss her so much…

 

Having this quiet moment with her when we talk… it always amazes me how we can communicate just by looking into each other’s eyes. In person or in video call, its the same.

 

“I miss you Amber…” she said in a loving voice that melts every inch of toughness I display when in uniform. Just hearing her voice everyday keeps me sane in this camp, those voice messages she sends to me in KKT together with those text messages. Just reading and listening to it makes me survive everyday.

 

“I miss you too Krystal… so much.”

 

“I can’t believe its been a month…”

 

“Me too… told you, seven months is just a short time.” she nodded at the other line then let out a cute pout that made me smile. She raised her right index finger showing it on the screen, I raised mine too and connected it with hers that made her smile. “We’ll be together soon, I promise you that Krystal.”

 

“We will Amber… I trust you to keep your promise because if not, I will fly there and drag you back home where you belong.” she let out a snicker and crinkled her nose on the screen that for me is a very cute expression from her that I love. I love it when she does that… very cute.

 

“And where do I belong!?”

 

“Here…” she patted the space beside her on the bed where Jackjack is and grinned “You belong here beside me~…”

 

“Tsss… looks like my spot was already conquered by a furry guy…”

 

“Don’t worry Soldier, there’s still one spot no one has conquered.” she gave me a wink and let out her beautiful happy smile that always makes my heart flutter, then patted her chest where her heart is located, smiling cheekily at me on the other line. Awwww… “This spot is reserved and waiting for you to comeback.”

 

“That’s so smooth of you, Sajang-nim~… you make my heart flutter…”

 

“Wow… I’m glad I can still make your heart flutter, Soldier!”

 

“Always, Sajang-nim.”

 

“Because the moment you don’t feel that way anymore… it means I failed.”

 

“Nope, that will never happen. Trust me…”

 

“Really?~” she asks in a very cute voice showing her pout. I nodded as an answer then leaned forward closer to the camera of my phone then smiled showing my teeth and widening my nostrils. She burst out laughing, the sound of her laugh was enough to make me fall in love all over again.

 

Sigh…

 

Just watching her laugh is enough for my longing heart now. In few months’ time I will finally see her again…

 

I’m so excited to hug her… I miss her scent. I miss her soft body against mine… I miss hearing her breath…

 

I miss everything about HER…

 

Krystal Jung…

 

“Have you had your dinner?” she asked breaking my moment of staring stupidly at her. I went out of the bathroom carrying the phone and sat on my bed putting the phone again in a holder attached on the head board. I bought anything that can make my life easier hehehe.

 

“Yup. We have Roast Beef and Mashed Potatoes, Beans... You? What are you eating there?”

 

“Frosted flakes.”

 

“And?”

 

“A glass of Milk kekekeke…” tsss.

 

“Just that?!”

 

“I got fruits and BLT sandwich I made while you were showering.”

 

“That’s quick!”

 

“It was ready made, all I have to do was heat the sandwich in the oven. Yoona unnie made the batches for me the other day.” Awww… Yoona really kept her promise.  

 

She rose from the couch and sat showing me the bowl of Corn flakes and her glass of milk on the coffee table. The BLT sandwich looks delicious that I suddenly craved for a snack… maybe I’ll go out later to get some on the Vendo machine. There’s also a small bowl of mixed fruits and the puppy’s food bowl filled with dog biscuits also lying on the table. “Why is the dog’s food bowl also there?!”

 

“Because we are eating…” she grinned on the screen then showed me the puppy I gave snuggling on her lap. She took a piece of the dog biscuit and brought it to the puppy’s mouth feeding him like a good boy, petting its head affectionately. Tssss… I should be the one snuggling there now… ( ㅠ--ㅠ)

 

 

I’m glad she has her time preoccupied with taking care of the puppy. Less worries and stress for her especially when she’s in the office. Krystal takes him to the company everyday ever since I left him on her care.

 

By the way, Matthew gave him a name.

 

Jaja.

 

Just Jaja.  

 

Krystal said she thought its Jack Jack with silent ‘C’. Turns out it was really just Jaja. Oh well its okay because Krystal named him Jackjack first and he immediately got use to his name. He now answers to his two names with his cute bark.

 

When Krystal takes him to Gangwon-do, he is Jaja the cutie puppy.

 

 

Back home in Seoul, he’s Jackjack the Guardian Protector of Sajang-nim.

 

I can still remember how I trained him to go and attack Kwangsoo hahahaha! Damn… he’s vicious especially to those he thinks is a threat.

 

Total cutie with girls that he likes but when he senses real danger he immediately changes to his protector mode. He can be dangerous and really bite others if he is provoke, his little fangs can bite -  Kwangsoo and Sungjae can prove that. But no worries because his anti-Rabies shots are completed I made sure of that.

 

I watch and listen to Krystal talk about her day yesterday, how she had a meeting with the Arabs wanting to get a partnership with them to build a luxurious apartment building in Dubai. Telling me about going out with Hwa Young after office hours where they went to the Spa to get some good massage and eat street food at Myeongdong with Kwangsoo and her other bodyguards. She has bodyguards with her now wherever she goes. Hwa Young has been emailing me every week about what is happening, if there are still threats on Krystal’s life and any suspicious persons lurking around.

 

Krystal told me about the two photographers they caught in the airport that day when I left. She said she already took care of them and now working under her wing. She’s fond of them and she said both are dependable and nice. I reminded her to be careful and not be too trusting with people she j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter