Final :')

Stuck in the middle

 

A/N: this is the last chapter O__O

prepare the BGM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23kc9SikkJ0

____________

 

 

Of course, as expected, a lot of students gathered around Jaejoong for a  picture and in the midst of the picture taking, a very familiar face caught Jaejoong's eyes. He turned around and his eyes went wide. There at a very far corner stood Im Yoona, smiling at him. Y-Yoona?

 

The teachers flocked around him and his attention got stolen. He smiled a bit and turned around after the shot was taken only to find the spot where he thought he saw Yoona, empty. There was no sign of Im Yoona being really there. I'm getting crazier by the minute. Yoona, where are you? I missed you so bad ... Please come back ...

 

 

"Jaejoong-ah!" An arm slung around Jaejoong's shoulders; he didn't have to look at the person to know who she is. "Wae?"

 

Ms. Choi lightly punched his shoulder and then returned slinging her arm around his shoulders. They walked out of the academy gym together. "Jaejoong-ah...where should we go and celebrate?"

 

"I..."

 

"Wanna go celebrate somewhere with the buddies?" Ms. Choi asked, her eyes gleaming but she noticed his sudden change in aura. "What's wrong?"

 

"I just don't feel like celebrating with a lot of people." he sighed. "I... want to be alone for a while."

 

Ms. Choi instantly knew where he wanted to go and smiled, "Arasso. Be careful, Jaejoong."

 

He bowed to his noona and walked away. Ms. Choi watched as Jaejoong slowly walked further away from her but he caught her off guard by running back and hugging her. "Noona, thank you for everything. I know I still at expressing myself but...thank you so much."

 

Ms. Choi smiled and hugged him back. "I have known you for so long now, Jaejoong and I can read you like an open book. Now fix yourself and be on your way, you don't want to keep them waiting now, do you?"

 

Jaejoong smiled and walked to the bus stop.

 

***

 

'I didn't know someone's visiting them today.' Holding a boquet of fresh roses, Jaejoong took his time in walking to the graves of his family. He noticed a girl right in front of the grave and it looked like she placed a boquet but he couldn't make out who she is since her umbrella was covering her body. A slightly strong breeze came by and it caused the umbrella to fly and land in front of him. Jaejoong picked it up and handed it to the owner, the girl, who was smiling at him. Jaejoong felt as if someone punched him in the gut. He couldn't speak. 'Y-'

 

"Hello, Jaejoong."

 

 

There, standing in front of him, was the girl who he was waiting to come back for two years. The girl who irritated him, the girl who changed him and took him back to earth. The girl, is none other than, Im Yoona.

 

"How are you, Jaejoong?"

 

"..."

 

"I heard you graduated today."

 

He could only nod.

 

"I came by the gym to congratulate my past classmates and friends. I saw you earlier but you were busy with the picture taking." Yoona smiled. "I'm glad you made friends."

 

So she really was there. Jaejoong thought.

 

An awkward silence engulfed them as Jaejoong couldn't find the words to say.

 

She's here. After two years. You've been waiting for this, Kim Jaejoong. You had two years to prepare and yet you can't tell her anything?? He punched himself mentally.

 

"Well," Yoona smiled, trying to hide the disappointed feeling from Jaejoong. "I should go..."

 

"Congratulations, Jaejoong." She took the umbrella from his hand and walked away, tears flowing down her cheeks. I shouldn't have come.

 

**flashback

 

(two weeks ago)

 

Yoona and Yunho were at a park in San Diego. It was in the late afternoon after a very tiring dance lesson from their favorite teacher, Greg, and they decided to rest. The two best friends lay on the grass beside each other and smiled at the clouds.

 

"I miss umma." Yoona sighed.

 

"You know, Yoong.." Yunho looked at her. "We can go back to Seoul."

 

"No." Yoona looked away. "I'm not ready yet and I don't think Jaejoong has forgiven me. I don't think he'll ever forgive me."

 

"Yoona, what have you done wrong, huh?" Yunho sat up. "It's been two years! You only covered the truth about Min Ah's illness because she told you to. You must not blame yourself for what happened!"

 

"But..."

 

"Look, Yoona, I cannot stand seeing you flashing a fake smile everyday in dance class." Yunho turned to her. "I do not want to see you cry over him anymore. Heck, you have nightmares every night since we transferred here! I'm tired of seeing you cry. You're hurting me more every time you do."

 

Yoona sat up, startled from what she heard. "Yunho ... d-do you, by any chance... like me?"

 

Yunho stood up and sighed. 

 

"Yun?"

 

"This isn't the scene I envisioned in confessing, Yoona, but yes." he looked at her. "I like you."

 

Yoona stood up. "Since when?"

 

"I honestly couldn't remember when it started." He looked into her eyes and held her hands. "Yoona, I like, no, I loved you since we were little kids. You may think I have been joking when I told you let's get married soemday but I was actually telling you the truth."

 

"But.." she looked away. "Why didn't you tell me?"

 

He held her chin and made her face him. "You have no idea how many times I tried telling you and there were times I told you but you never noticed."

 

"I'm sorry, Yun." she sighed. "I must've stepped on your heart a lot of times."

 

He chuckled. "You have no idea, Yoong."

 

"We could..." she started.

 

"Be together?" Yunho smiled. "As much as I wanted that to happen, we can't, Yoong. I know who's in your heart and coming here in San Diego, living with you for two years made me grow up and face the reality that I can never become someone other than your best friend."

 

"Yun..."

 

"It hurts me to see you flash fake happiness here when I know that you're truly happy back in Seoul. I want you to be happy. Do you want to see me getting more hurt?"

 

She shook her head.

 

"Go back home, Yoona, okay? That way you can be happy again and if you're happy, then I'm happy, too."

 

"But, how about you?"

 

"I'm fine here in San Diego, I only dragged you here anyway." Yunho held her shoulders.

 

"I don't think I'm ready to go back, Yun."

 

"Trust me, you are, Yoona." he smiled. "It's been two years. Don't you think Jaejoong has been waiting for too long already?"

 

**

(in their apartment the next day)

 

"Yoona!!!" Yunho called out from his room.

 

"What is it, Yun?!" Yoona came running from the kitchen holding a spatula. He turned the speakers on and motioned for her to sit beside him.

 

"But I'm cooking, Yun!"

 

"This won't take long, I promise."

 

"Arasso." Yoona sat beside him on the bed and watched at the video that Yunho played in his laptop. She watched in shock as she saw Jaejoong on center stage...

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, everyone." Jaejoong said through the wireless microphone while sitting on a stool in the middle of the stage. "Thank you for coming tonight, I hope you enjoyed the music as much as the band and I did. For my last song for tonight..."


"I have an announcement to make."


"I have a confession to make, actually."

Gasps can be heard.


"There's this one girl that annoyed me so much back in my first year in college. Even though I was so cold to her, I don't know why she still tried to be my friend. But because of a happening, she knew a part of my life and our friendship slowly grew. She helped me with my heavy work and I in turn, didn't honestly know how I helped her."


"Everything went well until my sister got in the emergency room 2 years ago. My sister died in the operating room but she left me a letter before the attack in her body. Because I didn't know about my sister's body condition, I was shocked to find out that that girl knew about it and she never told me. I told her harsh things and she got insulted. Our friendship ended there and now she's in San Diego with her best friend."


"But you know what frustrates me until now? It's the fact that I never got to tell her how I really felt about her in my life. I was a really cold person and she slowly warmed my heart. For all those days we spent together, I uknowingly grew feelings for her until I've completely fallen for her."


"I have improved myself and changed myself for you. I exerted a great amount of effort to change myself thinking that maybe one day you'll come back and see the new me. I know I am still very awkward with expressing my emotions but through this song I hope you can see and understand my heart."

**

(two weeks later)

at the airport

 

Yoona and Yunho are at the terminal, her flight had been announced. Yunho saw her on the verge of tears and he immediately hugged her. "What did I tell you about crying?"

 

She hugged him back and failed to stop the tears. "Yunho, gomawo."

 

"For what?"

 

"For everything."

 

"You know that I'm always here for you, Yoona. I always have and will always do." He broke the hug and stared into her doe-eyes. "If he ever rejects you and makes you cry again, I'm a call away. I will fly to Seoul and punch him until he learns his lesson because I didn't let you go just to know that you had your heard broken."

 

Yoona punched his arm and laughed. "Arasso, Yun. I will, don't worry."

 

Flight 01423 to Seoul is now boarding

 

"Now, go and have a safe flight back home, Yoong." he smiled. Yoona hugged him for one last time, kissed his cheek and ran to give her ticket to the flight stewardess. Yoona and Yunho waved each other goodbye until Yoona disappeared amongst the line of passengers.

 

"You made the right decision, Jung Yunho." he sighed and bit his lip, ordering the tears to stop from falling. He walked out of the airport and was not looking where he was going; he bumped into someone.

 

"Ouch!" the girl placed a hand on her shoulder.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry." Yunho bowed in apology and picked up her bag from the floor. He handed it to her and got shocked, "Ara-ssi???"

 

"Omo, is it really you, Yunho-ssi?" she stared into his dark orbs.

 

He nodded and grinned. "How was Canada? We haven't seen each other in years!"

 

**end of flashback**

A/N: play the BGM! :)

 

"Yoona.." Jaejoong said, but it came out as a soft whisper. He turned around and saw Yoona quickly walking away from him, "Yoona, wait!"

 

Yoona wiped the tears from her eyes and continued walking, ignoring Jaejoong's cries. When he finally caught up with her, Jaejoong grabbed Yoona's wrist and turned her around. "Yoona..."

 

She kept her head down, avoiding Jaejoong's gaze but he lifted her chin with his fingers and their eyes met. No fake fronts this time, no more lies.

 

"Jaejoong .. I'm sorry I----"

 

"You came back." He hugged her and laughed, tears starting to come down his cheeks. "You came back for me, Yoona."

 

She hugged him back and cried, spilling out of the caged emotions inside her for two years. Jaejoong gently released her and broke the hug to wipe the tears from her eyes. "Shhhh .. stop crying now, okay? I'm here. You're here."

 

***

 

After taking time to compose themselves, Jaejoong guided Yoona to a bench and they sat in silence. Yoona's eyes were puffy and Jaejoong held her hand. I can't believe she really came back for me. All those two years of waiting and trying really paid off. Sooyoung noona, kamsahamnida.

 

"Congratulations, Jaejoong." Yoona smiled at him sincerely. "I knew you could graduate."

 

"It's all for you, Yoona." Jaejoong replied, smiling back. "But where's Yunho?"

 

"He decided to stay in San Diego, he said he would finish his studying in dance."

 

"But---"

 

"And you know what else he said?" Yoona giggled and Jaejoong shook his head. "He said that he's only a call away and he'll come to Seoul once he hears that you broke my heart."

 

"That guy, really." Jaejoong couldn't help but laugh. "But, Yoona.. Why did you choose me when I only gave you heartache and pain?"

 

Yoona covered their hands with her other free hand and looked straight into his eyes. "During those two years, Jae, I thought about many things. Sure, Yunho and I were best friends since we were kids and you were cold to me but I found my heart leaning onto you more. You had this something in you that drew me in. When I thought about it, people would think and tell me to choose Yunho but at the end of they day, I would still find myself choosing you over him. I only see Yunho as my best friend but that doesn't mean I never got confused. I never really wanted to choose between the two of you but I should. You are special to me, Jaejoong and that would never ever change."

---

Jaejoong and Yoona bowed to the tombs of his family and paid their respects. When they were done, Jaejoong stole a glance at Yoona and held her hand. She looked at him and smiled, liking the warmth she is getting from him. Jaejoong cleared his throat and faced the tombs.

 

"Aboji, Umma, Minah.. Here I am again, after my last visit last year. Are you all proud of me now? I have graduated in college and I'm currently thinking whether to pursue singing or not. Oh, and I'm Yoona is here with me now, too. She's the girl I've been telling you all about, but I am also sure that Minah's been telling you all about it. Well, I've honestly thought about giving up after making a very big mistake after... Minah left but thank you so much for the strength you all gave me. Thank you for Sooyoung noona and all of my other friends who helped me and never gave up on me. Without you and without them, I wouldn't become what I am today and..."

 

Jejoong turned to Yoona and rested his soft gaze on her, giving her a very sweet smile.

 

"..without all of you, I would have given up on Yoona a long time ago already."

 

Yoona's eyes brimmed with tears and Jaejoong wiped it all away. She smiled and they held hands while looking into each others' eyes. It was a very romantic scene complete with a soft breeze passing by them. "So, Kim Jaejoong..."

 

"Yes, Im Yoona?"

 

"Can you do me a very small favor?"

 

"Anything for you, my princess."

 

"Promise me that you won't push me away again."

 

Jaejoong placed two fingers under his chin and looked up at the sky. "Hmmm.. I'll think about it."

 

Yoona's forehead creased as she quickly bowed to Jaejoong's family's tombs before furiously turning her back on Jaejoong and walking away. "If that's what you wanted, after all these years.. Then let me think about it too and wait for your another two years in San Diego with YUNHO OPPA!"

 

Jaejoong chuckled at Yoona's cute tantrum but then ran after her when he noticed that she's not stopping from walking away. Upon reaching her, Jaejoong caged her in his arms from the back.

 

"Let go of me, Jaejoong." Yoona warned, hiding her smile.

 

"Im Yoona." He whispered her name, sending shivers down her spine. "Don't you ever call another man 'OPPA'. I don't like it."

 

"What if I disobey?"

 

"Then I'll never release you from my embrace." Jaejoong smiled, nuzzling his face to Yoona's neck. She giggled and they stayed in that position until Jaejoong released her. He slowly turned her around And made her face him. "Call me OPPA."

 

"No way!" Yoona grinned.

 

"Aish, you little girl." Jaejoong chuckled as he gently cupped her face with his hands. "Im Yoona."

 

"Nae?"

 

"I'm very sorry for what you've gone through because of me. I know I was a jerk for giving you pain but I have changed and I won't ever push you away from me ever again. I promise."

 

Yoona blushed and nodded her head.

 

"Im Yoona... Saranghae."

 

Jaejoong slowly went closer to Yoona and kissed her forehead. Yoona opened her arms and hugged him, burying her red face to his chest.

 

"I love you more, Jaejoong oppa." Yoona finally confessed and she smiled when Jaejoong hugged her tighter. He glanced at Minah's tomb and smiled as his mother's necklace was dangling in his hand. Minah, you don't have to kill me anymore. Umma's necklace.. I'm giving it to her now. Thank you.

 

.......................................

 

I cannot believe that this is the end already .. thank you everyone for the support !! <3

thank you for subscribing, reading and leaving me comments :') 

I really , really do appreciate all of them (also the silent readers) ..

 

I'm sorry for my shortcomings as I am not a very good writer like my sister .. HAHA

but I am so thankful to the 45 subscribers that stuck with me until the very last chapter <3

 

some might not like the ending I made with the couple (I noticed yoon-yun shippers here) but don't fret !! I am planning on writing a new fanfic with the YOONYUN couple . I will post on your walls if ever I have finalized everything since I am also writing 3 other fanfics :)

 

okay, so I am now blabbering here .. HAHA

Gosh, I don't know what else to say :)

 

THANK YOU, EVERYONE !!! :*****

  

disclaimer: the pictures and song are not mine :)

credits goes to their respective owners <3

 

 

xoxo,

claring95