Lies...

Stuck in the middle

BGM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4l3HqGcWc

don't mind the english translation of the song :) keke

this chapter might be a bit short .. with drama (hides)

------------------------

 

"Unforgivable."

 

Yoona and Yunho watched in complete shock as Jaejoong ran away, leaving them with their mouths hanging open. Yunho cleared his throat and coughed at the awkward and tense atmosphere that ensued after Jaejoong left. "Umm...what was that all about, Yoong?"

 

"H-he...." Yoona sighed as her head hung low. "I don't know, Yun..."

 

"What did he mean by 'unforgivable'?" Yunho asked, scratching the back of his head. "And when he looked at you, it was as if you have done something reeeaaaallllyy big that he said 'unforgivable."

 

"...."

 

"I just can't help but wonder what he meant by that." Yunho sighed. "He's not the type to say those things out loud unless it's a very big situation."

 

Gasp! Could it be...? Yoona looked up into Yunho's eyes. "I...I think I know where he's headed to, Yun."

 

----------------------

 

Yoona and Yunho rode the elevator up to the 9th floor of a certain hospital in Seoul. She opened the door to Min Ah's room but found it empty. Oh no... They ran downstairs and bumped into Nurse Sooyoung. "Omo, Yoona-ssi! Yunho-ssi!"

 

Yunho, who really had no idea about everything concerning Jaejoong's life, pointed at his school teacher with big eyes. "Ms. Sooyoung!!"

 

Nurse Sooyoung bowed to them but then walked away. "I'm sorry I can't talk to both of you right now, I'm busy."

 

"Wait, Ms. Sooyoung!" Yoona called out. "Where are Jaejoong and Min Ah?"

 

But Nurse Sooyoung had already turned to a corner, and she disappeared. Yunho faced his best friend and held her shoulders. "Yoong, why is Ms. Sooyoung dressed like a nurse? Who is this Min Ah? and how the heck did you know that Jaejoong would be here??"

 

"Yun, I..."

 

"Is there something you've been keeping from me, Yoona?"

 

She bit her lower lip and looked down on the ground. "I'm sorry Yun, but I promised Jaejoong that I won't tell anyone."

 

Yunho sighed and rested his head on Yoona's shoulder. "Yun..I'm your best friend...you can trust me."

 

"I know, Yun, and I do trust you.." Yoona closed her eyes and sighed. "But I'm not the right person to tell you all of this..please understand.. I don't want to choose sides.."

 

"Arasso, Yoong." Yunho stood uo straight. "Now, where is Jaejoong?"

 

The two of them ran to the nearest nurse's station and asked the nurse-on-duty of Min Ah's location.

 

"She's in the Emergency Room."

 

No... Yoona's eyes widened. It can't be!

ER-Waiting-room.gif

They thanked the nurse and immediately went to the Emergency Room at the ground floor of the hospital. There, sitting on the waiting bench, was Jaejoong with his head down; Yoona and Yunho slowly approached him. When they got near him, Yoona glanced at Yunho and he nodded. Yoona sat beside Jaejoong and lightly tapped his shoulder but Jaejoong stood up and slapped her hand away.

 

Upon seeing that, Yunho stepped forward. "Ya, Jaejoong!"

 

Yoona shot Yunho a look and motioned for him to sit down. He did, 3 chairs away from her and Jaejoong. She stood up and tapped Jaejoong's shoulder again. "Jaejoong..."

 

He didn't turn around to look at her. "Since when did you know about it?"

 

She sighed. "After the first semester."

 

"How?"

 

"It was the day after Yunho and I went out. That was the reason why I wasn't able to visit Min Ah after class..because I went out with Yunho." Yoona looked down. "I got home, ate dinner and washed the dishes but after looking at the clock, I realized that I didn't visit Min Ah yet so I went here...and then that's when I found out about her...condition. I overheard Dr. Seo and Ms. Sooyoung's conversation, actually."

 

"Why didn't you tell me about this?"

 

"Jaejoong, I'm sorry but-----"

 

He turned around momentarily shocking Yoona. He had been crying, and it's the first time she saw him so vulnerable like this. "BUT WHAT?! YOU THOUGHT THAT IT'S BETTER OFF NOT TELLING ME ABOUT HER CONDITION AT ALL?? MY GOD, YOONA, SHE HAS LEUKEMIA FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! AND NOT JUST ANY LEUKEMIA, MIND YOU, GOD!! SHE'S SUFFERING THE BLAST CRISIS PHASE!!"

 

"What?" Yoona looked up and met eyes with Jaejoong. "Blast Crisis Phase?? But Dr. Seo told me that she's still in the Accelerated Phase."

 

"I don't care, Yoona. The point here is that YOU LIED TO ME. You told me that you'll keep your promise, Yoona, but I guess you're just the same with the other girls."

 

"Ya, Kim Jaejoong!" Yunho couldn't hold it in anymore.

 

"AND WHAT'S THIS? YUNHO'S HERE, TOO?? SO YOU TOLD HIM EVERYTHING ABOUT ME, TOO, IS THAT IT? GO AHEAD AND TELL EVERYONE ABOUT MY LIFE! THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED, RIGHT?? THAT'S WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING ALL ALONG!!"

 

Yunho stepped forward and got ready to throw a punch at Jaejoong but Yoona stepped forward and slapped Jaejoong in the face. Yunho and Jaejoong were equally shocked at what she just did but Yunho mentally did the victory dance. Kim Jaejoong, that's what you get for making up conclusions ahead.

 

Jaejoong held his throbbing cheek and looked at Yoona whose eyes were full with tears. "Yoona, I-------"

 

"I thought you were better than this, Jaejoong." Yoona spoke, choking back the tears but failed. "I know I lied to you and I know that I hurt you because of it but I did it because of Min Ah. I'm not angry that you yelled at me because I didn't tell you, which is true, but what else can I do? I made a promise already and I can never afford to break the promises I make."

 

"Yoona---"

 

She turned around and walked away, with Yunho following closely behind her. Yoona turned around just before they could turn and disappear then said, "Tell Min Ah I wish her all the best.. Goodbye, Jaejoong."

=============================

 

told ya it'll be short !! X)

LOL .. I sooooooooooo fail in scenes like this .... *sighs*

But I hope you, my readers, friends & dear lurkers got my point .. kekeke

 

OMO !! the end is near ..... but not yet .., HAHA

author-nim is confusing, ne?? X)