Efforts, Changes and Graduation

Stuck in the middle

(AUTHOR'S POV)

 

The days after Ms. Sooyoung and Jaejoong's little talk at the rooftop, things became hard for Jaejoong and weird for the campus. Jaejoong started out by making up with Leeteuk and Eunhyuk. The duo noticed a change in their old pal and they supported with Jaejoong's plan to improve and survive college. The three of them would hang out in campus and Jaejoong started to open up to them; he even told them about his double life when his sister was still alive. Leeteuk and Eunhyuk vowed to never ever talk about Jaejoong's secret as they wanted the story to only be within the three of them.

 

Since Jaejoong always hang out with the famous seniors, his handsome face got recognized by the lonely girls (as Yunho was already gone in campus). The girls instantly named themselves  LTJF (Loyal to Jaejoong Fanclub) and their president is still, Kim Taeyeon. Jaejoong, who still has trouble fixing his cold aura, would at times scare the fangirls but in time, the girls got used to his cold personality. They even called him "Cold Prince" for that. 

 

As for Jaejoong's academics performance, he had and has a lot of help. He has Ms. Sooyoung who volunteered to be his tutor on the rooftop after classes, he also has his new geek friend Henry to be his tutor in English and Science. Although Jaejoong's grades didn't really go up to the top of the class, his grades got him to the middle position. He tried his best to change and everyday he'd study with his tutors and every night he'd work in Light Cafe. His daily schedule is almost the same as two years ago but the only difference now is that he has more time for rest and sleep.

 

Days and months passed by so fast that Jaejoong didn't notice the second semester is coming to a close. It was then that he realized that his friends, Leeteuk and Eunhyuk (and Taeyeon) were graduating students. He attended their graduation ceremony and their party together with Henry.

 

He spent his break working and studying ahead for his second year in Seoul Academy of Arts. When his first year subject teachers found out that their retainee finally advanced to second year, they cried. Yes, the manly Siwon and Kangin, the cute Ryeowook, and the 8D Heechul cried in happiness for their student.

 

***

 

Jaejoong's talent didn't remain a secret for so long. One random night in Busan, a schoolmate (and fangirl) of Jaejoong discovered him singing in Light Cafe as she found the quiet cafe suited her taste. One cannot really imagine her shocked face when she saw her "Cold Prince" oppa singing so perfectly in a cafe. She took pictures and videos of her oppa singing and the shocking news spread to the whole school like wildfire. Everybody in every corner of the Academy knew of his secret already and there's really nothing Jaejoong could do. The fangirls posted his videos on Youtube and it gained a fair number of views.

 

One day as Jaejoong left the school campus after class, a man wearing a tuxedo came up to him with a business card held out to him. "Annyeonghaseyo, I am a scouting representative from SM. I saw your video in Youtube and the whole office approves of your talent. A scouting manager recognized you and he said you tried to audition 2 years ago but for some uknown reason you ran away. Now that you've gotten older and perhaps better in singing, we'd be glad to have you in our family. With a person who's handsome and talented as you, we are very willing to off you only 2 years as an SM trainee then your debut will then be settled. If you would be interested in joining--------"

 

"I'm sorry but I don't have any plans to become an idol anymore." Jaejoong bowed in respect. "Thanks for the offer but I won't accept it."

 

He slung his bag on his shoulder and casually walked away from the stunned SM representative.

 

****

 

Of course, with Jaejoong's now known singing talent, the Light Cafe is always full and his income increased. Jaejoong's second year in college included heavy studying to pass the second year, more singing in Light Cafe, increased popularity in school and occassional singing participation in academy programs.

 

And his second year in college passed just like that.

 

****

 

Now that he's finally a graduating college student, the pressure on Jaejoong get higher with every effort and achievement. Entertainment companies such as SM, YG, JYP, Cube and Starship Ent. tried getting a hold of him as their newest "it" talent but to no avail. Jaejoong was already firm in not being interested with the "idol life". If you think about it, it has been 2 years since everything. Yoona & Yunho's transfer to San Diego, Jaejoong's drastic change and Min Ah's passing away. It has been so long and still no sign of Yoona's return. Do you think Jaejoong's faith in her return faltered? There were times he doubted her return but with the help and encouragement of his friends, he endured until now.

 

(one day at the rooftop)

 

Jaejoong sat on the bench in complete peace until...

 

"Jaejoong-ah!"

 

He rolled his eyes and groaned. "Noona, can't I have some peace and quiet around here?"

 

She shook her head. "Ani. Peace and quiet is really rare especially for you, Mr. Cold Prince."

 

Jaejoong sighed and moved to give space for his noona. Ms. Sooyoung smiled and sat beside him. "You know what Jaejoong?"

 

"What?"

 

She turned to him with tears in her eyes. "I am so proud of you."

 

"Aish, there you go with your drama again, noona." he rolled his eyes but he couldn't deny the warmth that one sentence gave him. It's been a while since he heard something like that and he missed the feeling. He missed his family. "Kamsahamnida, noona. For everything."

 

"Aigoo I feel like an old ahjumma, come here!" She wiped the tears from her eyes and laughed, hugging her only dongsaeng. "If only Yoona was here to see you."

 

Jaejoong stiffened and his noona sensed his immediate reaction. She broke the hug and smiled at him. "You know, Jaejoong, we haven't gone through my plan yet."

 

"Noona, how many times do I need to tell you that I don't want to go with whatever plan you have in mind??"

 

"But I'm really confident that my plan will work."

 

"No it won't."

 

"Yes it will!"

 

"No-it-won't. Period."

 

*****

 

Good evening everyone... the live show is about to end and yes, it pains me, too. For his last song this evening, please welcome the one and only Cold Prince Jaejoong!

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, everyone." Jaejoong said through the wireless microphone while sitting on a stool in the middle of the stage. "Thank you for coming tonight, I hope you enjoyed the music as much as the band and I did. For my last song for tonight..."

 

He looked around and saw Ms. Sooyoung smiling at him, holding a video camera.

 

"I have an announcement to make."

 

The crowd went silent.

 

"I have a confession to make, actually."

 

Gasps can be heard.

 

"There's this one girl that annoyed me so much back in my first year in college. Even though I was so cold to her, I don't know why she still tried to be my friend. But because of a happening, she knew a part of my life and our friendship slowly grew. She helped me with my heavy work and I in turn, didn't honestly know how I helped her."

 

"Everything went well until my sister got in the emergency room 2 years ago. My sister died in the operating room but she left me a letter before the attack in her body. Because I didn't know about my sister's body condition, I was shocked to find out that that girl knew about it and she never told me. I told her harsh things and she got insulted. Our friendship ended there and now she's in San Diego with her best friend."

 

"But you know what frustrates me until now? It's the fact that I never got to tell her how I really felt about her in my life. I was a really cold person and she slowly warmed my heart. For all those days we spent together, I uknowingly grew feelings for her until I've completely fallen for her."

 

"I have improved myself and changed myself for you. I exerted a great amount of effort to change myself thinking that maybe one day you'll come back and see the new me. I know I am still very awkward with expressing my emotions but through this song I hope you can see and understand my heart."

 

The band players exited as four other singers joined Jaejoong on stage, also sitting on their own stools. They signaled the DJ to play the instrumental track and the spotlight immediately focused on them and the song.

 

 

The day you left without the words of leaving
This road’s scenery and scent seems as if it was changed
The promises we exchanged because I want to be your everything
It was never kept and changes into memories

That time when you were crying alone, if I ran straight to you
Would you still have been by my side?
If I could, I want to say it one more time, that I really like you
My heart’s desire for you and my words can’t reach you anymore

I wonder where and who you are with
What clothes you are wearing, and what you would be laughing about
I’m here and still here
believing that both of you will meet again

I was thinking without change
Thinking only about you

When you bring me to my mind of your back side with your hair tied
I misunderstood that person over and over again, who looked back
Everytime my phone rang I prayed that it was your name
and lived liked that each day like a wretch

I said I’d forget you but that was a lie, the truth was I simply didnt want to forget you
If behaving as if I didn’t care was me, I don’t need that anymore
A happiness that couldn’t be felt when you’re not here
No matter how I try I can’t easily stop the tears flowing

That’s why I’m calling your name by myself

I don’t think I can accept this mournful heart
But there’s no way’s anymore besides that way

You shined even when you were just here
But those times will never come back again
Even if there is a problem, even if I lose something
I never want to forget that I loved you

I wonder where and who you are with
What clothes you are wearing, and what you would be laughing about
I’m here and still here
believing that both of you will meet again

I was thinking without change
Thinking only about you
I was thinking without change
Thinking only about you...

 

After that emotional night, Ms. Sooyoung uploaded the video in Youtube and it gained a lot of views. They hopefully waited but days and months passed, still no Im Yoona has come back to South Korea. Jaejoong passed the final exams with Henry and his batchmates. Their graduation ceremony ended on time and it's not picture taking time. Of course, as expected, a lot of students gathered around Jaejoong for a  picture and in the midst of the picture taking, a very familiar face caught Jaejoong's eyes. He turned around and his eyes went wide. There at a very far corner stood Im Yoona, smiling at him. Y-Yoona?

 

The teachers flocked around him and his attention got stolen. He smiled a bit and turned around after the shot was taken only to find the spot where he thought he saw Yoona, empty. There was no sign of Im Yoona. I'm getting crazier by the minute. Yoona, where are you? I missed you so bad ... Please come back ...

 

++++++++++++++++++++

A/N: I got the lyrics from the internet .. WHAT IS THE SONG TITLE ???

eyyyyy .. the song is by DBSK of course! the song title is everyones' assignment ;)

this is seriously my favorite song from the group!! <3

 

1 OR 2 more chapters to go :')

 

xoxo,

claring95