Gift

Stuck in the middle

 

Time Setting: Summer Vacation after first school semester

___________________

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"JUNG YUNHO! WHERE ARE YOU??"

 

"....."

 

"Don't tell me you forgot about today!!"

 

"Yoong, I uhh .. hehe .."

 

"Don't you dare come up with some lame excuses and lies, Yun."

 

"I..forgot..mian."

 

"Sigh, arasso. I have been waiting for you for 30 minutes already. When are you coming?"

 

"Oh, really? Mian, Yoong.. I'll be uhh .. there in 20 minutes!"

 

"Really?"

 

"Nae. I'll be there, I promise."

 

"Okay, bye."

_____________________

 

Yoona sighed for the nth time and placed her phone back in her bag. She crossed her legs and sipped from her chocolate drink. She's in Dunkin Donuts, waiting for Yunho (who forgot they had a "date" today) for 30 minutes. Yunho promised he'll come by 20 minutes but he still isn't around so Yoona went out of the store and decided to walk around Myongdeong. She went in and out of different shops but still she got bored. Her phone rang, and without looking at the caller ID, she answered it.

 

"WHERE ARE YOU, YUN?? I thought you said you'd be here by 20 minutes??"

 

"You should've looked at the caller ID, pabo."

 

"OMO!!" Yoona mentally kicked herself and clutched the phone tighter. "ha-ha-ha...Jaejoong...it's you? I didn't know..ha-ha."

 

"You're expecting Yunho today?"

 

"Nae."

 

"I thought I saw him running in COEX Mall a while ago..."

 

"He was WHERE???" Yoona couldn't believe what she heard. That Yunho is gonna pay big time.

 

"You heard me, do I have to repeat myself?"

 

Yoona couldn't see Jaejoong but she guessed he rolled his eyes before saying that. She chuckled and transferred the phone to her other ear. "Ani."

 

"Say..where are you right now?"

 

Yoona walked in small steps and kicked a pebble. "Wae?"

 

"Nothing, never mind."

 

"HAHA!! I'm in the house." She lied, holding back her laughter.

 

"Do you have lots of visitors? Why is it noisy?"

 

Crap. "Oh..? Yeah, haha. Umma invited her college friends."

 

"Oh, really? Do you normally kick pebbles in your house, Im Yoona?"

 

"Wha-----" Yoona stopped walking and turned around. There just a few feet behind here was Kim Jaejoong himself. "Oh! Jaejoong!! HA-HA..You were there?"

 

Jaejoong ended the call and placed his phone in his pocket. "What do you think?"

 

"Ha-ha." Yoona was at loss for words as he walked closer to her. Oh my gosh...

 

Well, who wouldn't when he's wearing this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAH5HsxAZjufqBED0jKtk

"So...why are you here again?"

 

Jaejoong rolled his eyes. "Why? Can't I stroll around Myongdeong, too?"

 

Yoona chuckled, hitting him playfully on the shoulder. "Whatever."

 

She turned around and walked away. OMG..I can't believe someone could be so good looking with just a simple pair of jeans and a white shirt! OMG my feels..go away..go away..go away..

 

She silently prayed that Jaejoong won't follow her but to her dismay, he did. He caught up with her and now they're walking side by side. Jaejoong shoved his hands into his jeans pockets and sighed. "So, where do you want to spend your Summer Vacation?"

 

Yoona sighed. "I honestly don't know..."

 

"Do you..want to go back to Busan?"

 

"I want to but..."

 

Yoona didn't finish her sentence and Jaejoong looked at her. "But what?"

 

"Nothing."

 

Jaejoong shrugged. "Oh, before I forget.."

 

They stopped walking and Yoona watched as Jaejoong tried to fish out something from his pocket. "What is it, Jaejoong?"

 

"Just wait..."

 

Dont' tell me he knows... Yoona's heart raced as she waited for what Jaejoong was about to take out.

 

Almost there...Yoona, I hope that this gift suits you... Jaejoong thought, but he was having a hard time pulling it out from his pocket. A milisecond before he could really pull it out, Yunho arrived behind Yoona and placed a hand around her, holding on to a boquet of roses and a pink box.

100818-YH_1.jpg

"For you, Yoong!!"

 

Aish..perfect timing, Yunho. Jaejoong sighed in frustration as he saw Yoona accepting the boquet and giving her best friend a hug. He pulled out an empty hand from his pocket and just kept silent.

 

"Gomawo, Yun!" Yoona released Yunho and smelled the flowers; Yunho gave her a cheeky grin. "Yoong..I'm so sorry I'm late."

 

At that, Yoona looked up from smelling the flowers and slapped his shoulder with all of her strength.

 

"OW!!" Yunho held his 'injured' shoulder and pouted. "That hurts but I guess I deserved that."

 

Yoona chuckled. "Yeah, of course you deserved it--What did I tell you about pouting?!"

 

The two bickered with each other that Yoona forgot the fact that Jaejoong was still there with them. Yunho opened the pink box and held it out for Yoona.

 

"Omo, Yun you didn't have to buy me this!" Yoona exclaimed, shocked from what Yunho bought for her. "Is this..??"

Amici 2.03ct Blue Topaz and Diamond Necklace

Yunho nodded. "Nae, this was the necklace you wanted to have when you were in High School. I saved up for this for you and I bought it earlier at COEX. I hope you like it more now, Yun."

 

Ahh..so that's why Jaejoong saw him running in COEX. Yoona thought. "Nae, kamsahamnida, Yun. I never thought you'd actually save up for this."

 

Necklace? He got her a necklace? Jaejoong groaned inwardly and sighed. He watched in silence as Yunho stood behind Yoona to put the necklace on her neck for her. Feeling awkward and left out, Jaejoong turned around and walked away with a sigh.

 

"Yah, Kim Jaejoong!"

 

He heard Yoona calling him but he didn't stop walking nor look back at them. Yoona pulled Yunho and they ran after him. When they caught up with him, Yoona was walking in between the two of them and she casually slung an arm around their shoulders, slightly tiptoeing. "Gosh, why do both of you have to be so tall??"

 

She laughed it off, not noticing the staring competition between the two guys. Sure, they were good buddies in the past when they were classmates but time changed everything, they grew distant with each other and they are not stupid. They are both aware of the fact that the other has the same attraction to Yoona but they chose not to verbalize it. Boys will be boys...

 

"So, where to now?" Yoona asked the two of them. "Since Jaejoong is already here with us, let's just spend the day with him, okay, Yun?"

 

Yunho wanted to say 'no' so bad but for Yoona, he nodded. "Okay, Yoong."

 

Jaejoong mentally laughed at Yunho but then frowned, remembering the 'thing' he didn't get to give Yoona. 

 

**flashback**

 

"Oppa..."

 

"Hm?" 

 

Min Ah sat up on her bed and crossed her legs. "I know you really like Yoona unnie."

 

Jaejoong opened his eyes and sat up, too. "How did you know?"

 

"Do you have memory loss or something?" Min Ah rolled her eyes. "You told me you like her."

 

"Oh, yeah..." Jaejoong laughed and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

 

"So...did you give her something, yet?"

 

"No..."

 

"WHAT?!?!" Min Ah's eyes rounded.

 

"Yah!" Jaejoong threw her a look. "Don't over stress yourself over something so small like that, you're making me worried."

 

"Oops, mianhae, oppa." Min Ah sighed and lay on her bed. "If I were you, I'd give her a gift before somebody else does that before you had the chance to."

 

Jaejoong's eyes narrowed. "Do you even know what you're talking about?"

 

To his surprise, though, Min Ah nodded. "Yep. AND I know who he is, oppa."

 

"How did you----"

 

"I'm a girl, oppa." Min Ah chuckled. "I heard her having a phone conversation one night about them going somewhere together or something. Make a move, oppa."

 

"Sigh.." Jaejoong lay on the bench. "It's not that easy, Min Ah. Plus, we don't have the money for a gift."

 

"Who said anything about spending when you can give her something precious than a newly bought present?"

 

Jaejoong once again sat up and stared at his younger sister in disbelief. "And what would that be, Min Ah?"

 

Min Ah turned to her side to look at her elder brother and grinned.

 

**end of flashback**

----------

 

"Do you want to watch a movie, Yoong?" Yunho asked Yoona, she nodded. "I want to watch The Expendables 2!!"

 

Jaejoong looked at her in disbelief; She shot him a glare. "What??"

 

"Nothing."

 

Yoona stuck a tongue out and the two of them laughed. Yunho smiled in the outside but inside? He couldn't help but be envious. They are this close already?...

 

*beep beep!!*

 

Yoona released the two boys and Jaejoong took out his phone, answering the call. "Yoboseyo?"

 

Yunho and Yoona continued bickering with each other at the side and they got startled when Jaejoong suddenly said....

 

"MWOH?!?!"

 

The two best friends watched as Jaejoong's arm dropped, and his grip on the cellphone got tighter. Yoona blinked and mustered up the strength to ask him what's wrong. Jaejoong turned to look at her straight into her eyes, as he fought back tears. "Unforgivable."

 

======================== 

 

Ooooooohhhhh ... cliffhanger there ;))

HAHAHAHAHHA .. LOL X)

 

thanks for congratulating me !!! <3

 

pssssssstt !! What rumour did I just hear??

I heard that claring95 would have a double update tonight? ..

 

;)

kekeke