Pessimist

Stuck in the middle

The door of the rooftop opened and Jaejoong turned his head. Could it be-----?

 

"Jaejoong?"

 

"Oh, it's you, noona." His shoulders slumped back down upon seeing Ms. Sooyoung's. She found him sitting on his favorite bench and smiled at his reaction. "Ya, Kim Jaejoong. Is this how you greet your one and only noona?"

 

When he didn'd respond, Ms. Sooyong sighed and sat on the bench beside him. A gentle breeze swept by as silence engufled the two of them; until Ms. Sooyoung smiled and stretched her arms. "It's nice here. I like the serenity."

 

"Hmm.."

 

"Jaejoong-ah..."

 

"What is it, noona?"

 

"I know you miss her."

 

"Who, Min Ah? Of course, I miss her, she's my sister."

 

"I am fully aware of that, Jaejoong. But you know who I'm talking about."

 

"..."

 

"I heard she's with Yunho in San Diego pursuing their dancing careers."

 

"..."

 

"You know, Yunho is seriously good in dancing and even though I haven't seen Yoona dance, I can tell she's a very good dancer----"

 

"Just go straight to the point!"

 

Ms. Sooyoung sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Jaejoong, what I'm trying to say is fix yourself. Fix your life and don't put it to waste."

 

"I already have, noona. I have no one already."

 

"You have me. I am always here to support you and as your supporter, I want you to graduate."

 

"I have no reason to graduate anymore."

 

"Yes you do, Jaejoong."

 

"And what will that be?"

 

"It's a matter of who and not what."

 

"..."

 

"I know you heard the reason of their absence just now but please listen to me as I say this. Do you want to know the reason why Yoona went with Yunho?"

 

"Because of me."

 

"How about the reason for her return?"

 

"She won't return. Not with what I said."

 

"You don't believe she'll come back?"

 

"I want to believe so .. but it just seems impossible, noona."

 

"That's your problem, Jaejoong. You always think about the negative side. Think about it. The reason why she left was all because of you, so the reason for her return would obviously be you."

 

"..."

 

"Think positively, Jaejoong. If you ask me..." She crossed her legs and smiled at him. "I believe she'll come back when she finds out you have cleared your head and straightened your life's road."

 

=Silence=

 

Jaejoong turned to look at his noona with sad eyes. "D-do you think...she'll come back if I get serious with school?"

 

Ms. Sooyoung nodded. "But not only in school, Jaejoong. You dream of becoming a singer, right?"

 

He nodded.

 

"Do you still want to be one?"

 

"I already am, at Light Cafe."

 

"Jaejoong"

 

"Oh, an idol? The ones that we see on TV?"

 

She nodded.

 

"No. I don't want the glamorous life anymore. That was my dream when I was still young but not anymore. I prefer and enjoy being a cafe singer more."

 

"Arasso." She smiled and pat his shoulder. "So. When do you start your plan?"

 

Jaejoong thought about it. "Tomorrow but I don't know where to start."

 

"Make friends."

 

"That's hard to do!" he groaned. "Nobody in this school would even want to get close to me."

 

"Eyyyy!" She slapped his arm. "I hate pessimists like you. Aish! Start with Leeteuk and Eunhuk, pabo!"

 

"Oh. I want to but I had a fight with them." Jaejoong looked down.

 

"Stop being a pessimist and start by apologizing to them, Jaejoong." Ms. Sooyoung encouraged. "Apologizing is hard but it heals all kinds of relationships."

 

"Sigh. Arasso."

 

"Okay, you mentioned about being satisfied with being a cafe singer right?"

 

Jaejoong nodded. "Wae?"

 

"I have a plan."

 

"What is it, noona?"

 

"IF ever you have straightened your path in life and graduated, how on earth can you let Yoona, who's there in San Diego, know?"

 

Jaejoong sighed. "I don't know, noona."

 

"Pabo!" Again, she slapped his arm and he glared at her. "That hurts!"

 

"Where else but on YOUTUBE??" She grinned with mischief written all over her face. Jaejoong facepalmed and stood up to leave. "whatever, noona. I won't agree with whatever plan you have in mind."

 

"Oh, yes you will, Jaejoong."

*****

 

hey everyone!! short chapter update ne ??

hmmm ... mianhaeyo T______T

 

but I'll make it up to everyone with a double update, okay ?? ;)

 

 

new subscribers !!! (sorry for the late mention)

 

Kris-C25

msadvocate_yoong

StarJen444

minyoonhae

skyeler

NamstarWoohyun99

yoonda

michelle0212

 

You know how author-nim loves you all right? ;)

 

 

xoxo,

claring95