3 Days Vacation: Part 5 (Day 3)

Stuck in the middle

 

A/N: hey guys! I have finally got a chance to update. I couldn’t update because I was only give too little time enough for me to check my accounts and then log out. To make up for the very long time I haven’t updated, here’s a veeeerrryyyy long chapter for all of you! ^^

 

 

JAEJOONG

 

Take care…

 

It has been a long while since someone told me that. I live a sad life, I know.

 

Take care…

 

When she’s around there’s trouble but …

 

Take care…

 

I couldn’t erase the scene at the Ferris Wheel in my mind. It’s odd. I can still feel the warmth she gave me with just that one hug.

 

Take Care…

 

Is this possible, the thoughts forming in my mind right now? With those two words warmth slowly made its way to my cold and distant heart. Should I lean onto this warmth? What about my job? My sister? That time I talked to her about my life… I really felt like I have been keeping myself distant for too long that I forgot the fact that I desperately need a friend by my side. Should I hold on to this warmth?

 

YUNHO

 

Last night... Yoona had a moment with Jaejoong or did I just imagine that? They seemed to have gotten closer now. I should be fine with that, right? I mean, Jaejoong is my old buddy in school and Yoona is my best friend. But years of experience with boy buddies tell me that it’s possible for romance to bloom in their kind of relationship. No. I shouldn’t let this be. I knew her first.

 

*******

 

YOONA

 

 

*yawns*

 

What a very boring afternoon !!!!!

 

*yawn*

 

I stared at the ceiling in my room then rolled around my bed. It’s so boring! I want to go out and run around until my legs ache! Seriously.

 

I immediately stood up and changed clothes. I picked up my sling bag and ran out of my room to Yunho’s room downstairs. I opened the door without knocking and found myself staring at his toned upper body.

 

Crap!

 

He’s half , and obviously from the shower!

 

Crap! Crap! CRAAAAAP!!!

 

We stood there for a while, with eyes wide open and shocked faces.

 

I blinked and hastily closed the door.

 

“Y-Yun? I’m so sorry I didn’t knock. W-wanna go out? I-I’m bored and since it’s the last day of the sh-short vacation, can we go s-somewhere?” I rested my forehead on his door and spoke from outside of his room.

 

“Sure, wait for me at the living room.” He replied. I heard him walk around his room.

 

I ran to the living room and plopped on the big couch.

 

AISH!! Yoona, you’re not kids anymore! You should knock before entering! Imagine the scene in vice versa, but he’d always knock before entering my room. Aish!! Bad manners!!

 

But I never knew his body was that toned.

 

Stop it Im Yoona!

 

I repeatedly spanked myself in the head and didn’t notice Yunho was already behind me.

 

“Yoong?” he spoke, resting his head on the couch beside my right shoulder. “Are you ready to go?”

 

I didn’t mean to, but I was startled with his closeness. I stood up and ran to the door. “Let’s go, Yun!”

 

Crap. Come on, Yoona. It’s not like it’s the first time you’re that close to him. So why let it become awkward now? Just forget it, Yoona and enjoy the last day of the vacation.

 

“Yoong, let’s go to the beach!” Yunho suggested. I nodded and we rode a cab to the beach.

 

He bought us junk foods and we sat on the sand facing the calming sea of Busan. We were silent as we ate and enjoyed the scenery. It was slightly windy and not many people are around but I noticed we are being surrounded by seagulls. How long have they been there? They have completely surrounded us and I became tense.

 

“Yun?” I nudged him by the elbow. “We are surrounded.”

 

“I know.” He replied and looked at me, alarmed.

 

A mischievous smile spread across my face and he realized what I am about to do. “Yun, are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

 

“Yes, and don’t even dare----”

 

He didn’t get to finish what he had to say because I threw one piece of my food on his lap. He stared in horror as the seagulls immediately attacked him. Don’t worry, they won’t harm Yunho, they just want the food. But imagine yourself being around hundreds of seagulls just to get one piece of junk food. That would be so scary, indeed. Yunho stood up and frantically waved his arms, shooing the birds away. But of course it didn’t work since he’s also holding a pack of the junk food they love. Yunho ran away, trying to get rid of the birds.

 

I laughed and decided to help him. I called out to the birds and filled my hands with the junk food. They smelled it and flew to my hands. It’s scary at first, seeing hundreds of seagulls flying to you, but when their beaks took pieces of junk food from my hands, it tickled me and it was fun.

 

Yunho stood still with his mouth open. He couldn’t believe I’m enjoying the moment. Haha!

 

I stayed still until the birds flew away, going to another group of people with more food. Food. I’m hungry.

 

*******

 

Yunho and I went to the same suhi restaurant my Aunt and I came into when I arrived in Busan. He insisted on paying and I satisfied myself with my favorite sashimi. After dinner we went to visit the different café shops in Busandae. We went from café to café until we got tired.

 

“Wanna go home, Yoong?” Yunho asked me.

 

I nodded and as we walked out, something caught my eyes. There was a big stage and blaring music.

 

“Yun! Yun! Let’s go there,” I pointed. “Celebrities may be here tonight!”

 

Yoona dragged her best friend to where the stage is and somehow ended up in front, directly facing the large stage.

 

Suddenly an emcee emerged from backstage and the crowd cheered. Yoona recognized her, it’s the Kim Shin Young.

20100629_kimshinyoungdiet_367.jpg

“Hey, BUSAAAAAAAAANNN!!” she ran to the corners of the large stage. “Welcome to Dance Champ!”

 

The crowd went wild with great energy and Shin Young liked it. “Before we start, I would want to get a lady volunteer from the crowd.”

 

Girls screamed and raised their hands, desperate to get chosen but Shin Young spotted me and we had eye to eye contact. The next thing I knew I was on stage beside her.

 

“Why are you taller than me?” Shin Young joked. I didn’t say anything and bent my knees, being polite. The crowd and Shin Young laughed at my actions. “Haha, you’ve got manners there. I would be very pleased if you stay in that position until we’re done here.” And the crowd laughed again, I joined in too.

 

“What’s your name?” she asked me.

 

“Im Yoona.”

 

“Are you a Busan girl?”

 

“Aniyeo, I’m from Seoul.”

 

“Ahh, I see. Skipping school?” she joked.

 

I laughed. “The school principal granted us 3 days of vacation after we’re done with our exam.”

 

“Oh, I would want to go to your school.” The crowd laughed. Seriously, who would hate Shin Young unnie? “So, Yoona, you’re so pretty that when I spotted you from the crowd I thought you’re an idol.”

 

The crowd whistled, mostly boys.

 

“Kamsahamnida.”

 

“Do you have plans to become an idol?”

 

I laughed and shook my head. “Aniyeo, I plan on focusing on my studies.”

 

“Well, I respect your decision, Yoona. But that doesn’t mean you don’t love dancing, right?”

 

I blushed and nodded. The crowd chanted ‘dance! Dance! Dance!’

 

“Pretty Yoona, the crowd asked for you to show us a dance, will it be fine for you?”

 

I nodded and went to the center of the stage. I heard cheers and applause for me. So this is what it feels like to stand on stage. I kinda liked it. The music started playing and it was My Name by BoA. Wow! I danced this in elementary!

 

Video reference link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSryMClsdh8

 

I went with the beat until the music stopped and I was panting heavily. It’s been a long time since I danced, you know. The crowd went wild and Shin Young unnie ran to me. “Wow, Yoona, you’re the bomb! That was some great stuff you got there!”

 

I bowed. “Kamsahamnida.”

 

“Everybody once again, give a round of applause to Im Yoona from Seoul!”

 

I bowed to the audience and Shin Young unnie then told me I can go down the stage now. Phew, I was exhausted! A PD assisted me down the stage and Yunho met me there.

 

“Yoong, you were amazing there!” he hugged me.

 

“Thanks, Yun.” I hugged him back.

 

“Excuse me, miss Yoona?” a man spoke from behind and we broke the hug. He walked to me and handed me a card.

 

“I am an SMent representative, you have the looks, the body, the height and the talent for an idol. Would you like to join the company?”

 

I took the card and politely shook my head. “Thank you for the compliments, sir, but I have already said I don’t have plans to become an idol. I have to attend to my studies, that’s all.”

 

He nodded, obviously having been hearing the same excuses from years of experience. “I understand, miss Yoona, but if one day you change your mind, don’t hesitate and visit the company, okay? We’ll be glad to have you with us.”

 

I bowed and he walked away.

 

Yunho gave out a low whistle. “Attend to your studies, huh?”

 

I lightly punched his arm and put the card in my bag. “Whatever, Yun. Let’s go home!”

 

******

 

It’s already 10:00 in the evening when we got back to Aunt Hae Rin’s house. Surprisingly though, they’re not yet home. I found a note on the fridge.

 

Yoona and Yunho,

 

The three of us were invited to a party tonight so we’ll be back home very late. Don’t wait for us, okay? There’s food in the fridge and cook what you want if you’re hungry.

 

    Aunt Hae Rin

 

I passed the note to Yunho and he placed it back to the fridge.

 

“So, are you hungry, Yoong?” he asked me. I shook my head.

 

“I’m gonna watch a movie in the living room, wanna join me?” I offered, he shook his head.

 

“I’ll be in my room. I’m tired.”

 

I nodded and went to the living room. I turned the TV on and chose to watch The Hunger Games. It was so silent but I can’t stop myself from fangirling for Gale. He’s just too handsome!

 

ASDFGHJKJHLGFDKSASDFGHJKSASGKHFJDKSFJAL !!!!

 

My heart ached when it was the scene where Katniss kissed Peeta in the cave. I know she did that for the sake of getting something from the sponsors for Peeta. I know she forced herself to kiss him because they were tagged in the Games as the ‘star crossed lovers’. My heart ached so much when the scene showed Gale’s reaction to the kiss. I can see he’s hurt. It’s obvious he loves his best friend.

 

I felt my eyes getting heavier by the minute so I decided not to continue watching the movie and I went up to my room.

 

*****

 

When I woke up, it was 12:15 AM. Aish, I thought it’s morning already. I tried to go back to sleep but my eyes weren’t heavy anymore so I changed clothes and decided to go out.

 

*****

 

I didn’t expect myself to arrive in front of Light Café but I did. The guard recognized me and smiled.

 

“Liked it here, Agassi?”

 

I smiled back and nodded. He let me in and I went down the stairs and sat on the same chair I sat on the first time I came here. I looked around and spotted Jaejoong tending to a table of an old couple. A waiter came to me and asked what I wanted to order. I only ordered a lemon juice and minutes later it’s on my table. I sipped it and my mouth felt like bursting from its taste. Don’t get me wrong, it’s delicious! I wonder how they made this lemon juice to have a special taste to it. I just sat there, silently drinking my juice, waiting for Jaejoong to sing.

 

But he didn’t get on stage, 5 waiters went on stage and sat on their stools instead. The music started playing and they started singing.

 

Video reference link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvB51eMPZs4

 

They sang ‘In a Rush’ by Blackstreet. When they sang, I can see they’re nervous. Is it their first time on stage? But the lyrics….

 

“They’re new here.” Jaejoong sat on the vacant seat across mine. “What do you think of them?”

 

I nodded. “They’re good, nerves got them, I think, but they can improve.”

 

He smiled. “I heard them sing in an alley and brought them here.”

 

“You should be proud, they’re good.”

 

“I am.”

 

I laughed and he raised his brow. “What?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

He rolled his eyes.

 

“Jaejoong, why are you here? You should be tending to tables or singing, right?”

 

He chuckled. “There are no tables to tend to.”

 

I looked around and realized I’m the only customer left.

 

“The old couple left minutes ago, and by the way my shift just ended.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Wait here.”

 

I nodded and the 5 guys who sang earlier went to my table.

 

“Hey, weren’t you the pretty girl who Shin Young spotted from the crowd earlier?” the smiling guy asked. He’s the one with the deep voice.

 

I blushed. “Nae. How did you know?”

 

“We were there, amongst the crowd.” The one with puppy eyes answered.

 

“Guys, lets introduce ourselves first.” One of them suggested, he looks like the eldest. “Hi, I’m Hyun Joong the leader.”

 

“I’m Kyu Jong.” He’s the one with the sweet voice.

 

“I’m Jung Min.” the deep voiced one. He also has a diva vibe to him. Keke

 

“I’m Young Saeng.” Oh those eyes are cute!

 

“and I’m Hyung Joon the maknae.” I like his voice, and he’s the maknae!

 

I giggled. “I’m Im Yoona. By the way, guys, you were great up there!”

 

They bowed. “Kamsahamnida.”

 

“Yoona, were you scouted earlier? I’m sure agency scouts would grab for you.” Jungmin asked.

 

I nodded and they clapped in response. “It wasn’t plural. Only one went up to me and gave me a card.”

 

“Which one?”

 

I took the card out from my bag and handed it to them, their eyes went wide open. “SM??”

 

“Did you accept the offer?” Hyung Joon asked, it’s obvious he wants to know.

 

I shook my head. “Aniyeo.”

 

They were dumbfounded. “Wae?!?!”

 

I laughed. “I already told Shin Young unnie why, remember? I want to focus on my academics.”

 

They nodded, remembering. “Oh, right.”

 

“So, Yoona, we’ll be returning to our waitering duties now, okay?” Hyun Joong gave back the card to me.

 

We said our goodbyes and I went out of the café. The friendly guard told me to take care and I walked to a toy shop. My eyes went to a big white teddy bear.

 

“It’s so cute!”

 

I took it and hugged it. Its softness caressed my skin but then I returned it to the shelf because it’s expensive for me and spotted another teddy bear. It’s smaller but I can afford it. I bought it and went out of the shop.

teddy-bear.jpg

“Didn’t I tell you to wait for me?” Jaejoong said, arms crossed.

 

Uh-oh. Crap I forgot.

 

“Mian. I forgot.” I skipped to his side and lightly punched his arm.

 

“Ouch! What was that for?”

 

“Ya, I didn’t punch you hard, Jaejoong!” I stuck my tongue out. He rolled his eyes and noticed the paper bag in my hands. “What’s that? Is that for me?”

 

I ran ahead of him. “In your dreams! It’s for someone else, someone very special.”

 

He stopped walking. ‘Someone very special? Who could it be?’ he thought.

 

----------------------------------

 

End of chapter !!! :D

I hope you guys like it :)

hmmm .. I wonder about the new owner of the teddy bear ... kekekekeke

 

I’ll be updating on another day again ..

I have an NCII exam next week so I need to study for it .. I hope I pass the exam and receive my NCII certificate ^^

 

Thanks for being ever patient guys :)

I love you all !! :*****

 

P.S.

guys, I created a second AFF account exclusive for my EXO fanfics only ..

and I started my first EXO fanfic entitled 'Heartstrings' starring:

Hyun Ae (OC), Sehun, Suho, and Baekhyun

please support my other account and future fanfictions !! :D

here's the link to my second account:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/180834/heartstrings-romance-exo-sehun-baekhyun-suho-ocandexo

 

KAMSAHAMNIDA !! *bows*

 

Xoxo,

claring95 ^^