"Best friends"

Stuck in the middle

The morning routine went on as usual. Yunho entered the school gates and fangirls appear, I arrive and Leeteuk and Eunhyuk greets me, I see Jaejoong sleeping and then classes start.

 

The classes were fine and I'm enjoying the lessons in all subjects so far. As usual, time goes by so fast and then suddenly it was lunch time. I just noticed that I didn't talk to Jaejoong this morning. (hehe)

 

I went to the canteen alone and saw Yuri at our table.

 

"Hey, Yuri, I want to ask you something...." I sat accross the table facing her.

 

"What is it, Yoona?"

 

"Do you know anything about Jaejoong?" I asked, crossing my fingers. Yuri looked surprised by my question.

 

"Aside from his infamous school title, of course." I quickly added.

 

She shook her head. "I'm sorry, Yoona. I only know the things I heard about him but you know what? I heard he has a girlfriend. But that's only a rumour."

 

My eyes shot wide witht the information, but it was only a rumour. Whatever. It may be true, you know. (smiles) I asked around the campus from his past classmates because I know he won't tell me. Then I realized that no one really knows him in school. I was disappointed, yes, but since lunch time was about to end, I gave up and went to my only subject this afternoon, Health. I went in the classroom and sat on my chair beside you-know-who. He was doodling in his notebook and I leaned in for a closer look but he suddenly slammed his notebook shut.

 

"What do you think you're doing?" he glared.

 

"I was curious." I said matter-of-factly. "What were you doodling, anyway?"

 

"I told you already, mind your own business." He looked away and so did I. Ms. Sooyoung entered the classroom and class started immediately. "When I call your name, come in front and perform splinting. First up is Lee Kwang Ju and Kang Sumi."

 

We patiently waited for our turn since we are the last to perform. We went to the front when we were called.

 

"You first, Yoona." Ms. Sooyoung said. I performed splinting perfectly, thanks to Jaejoong's help. But when it was his turn, he made many mistakes. How can he have so much mistakes when he was the one who taught me?

 

"It seems like you really don't take studying seriously, Kim Jaejoong. I'm Yoona, A; Kim Jaejoong, D." Ms. Sooyoung announced everyones grades and then dismissed us. Jaejoong took his bag and went out of the room, and I went after him, disturbed by the outcome of the test.

 

"Jaejoong, wait!" He didn't look back and continued walking up the stairs to the rooftop.

 

"Wait!!" I called out again and ran up the stairs, trying to catch up with him but he was too fast for me. Finally after forcing my legs to keep on running, I arrived at the rooftop, my cheeks completely flushed.

 

pant....pant....pant....pant

 

"You...pant...you....pant.." I held the doorknob for support and rested my hand on my chest, catching air. He just stood there in front of me, with arms crossed. "What?"

 

I was able to calm myself down but my heart was still beating fast. "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

 

He raised an eyebrow. "Did what on purpose?"

 

"The splinting! You pretended you didn't know how to do it and got a D on purpose."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7wHcwUj68uGNiHrQ2BbP

"So what if I did? Why does it concern you so much?" he said back with cold eyes.

 

I glared at him. "You corrected me when I made mistakes...because of you I got an A...but you...you got a D..."

 

"Then, you're welcome." he said full of sarcasm. So from now on, stop concerning yourself with me and go eat lollipops!" He turned his back on me and sat on the bench.

 

Sigh. Is that his favorite expression for 'go away'? 'Go eat lollipops' ?????

 

Oh well.. I picked up my bag (it fell on the floor when I arrived) and went down the stairs. Is he like this in every subject? Fails on purpose? Sigh....

 

I walked to the bus stop and waited for the bus. Minutes later I was seated at the very back of the bus, listening to IU's You and I with phone using earphones.

 

*Yunho's POV*

 

I leaned my back on the lamp post beside the bus stop and checked my watch from time to time. Minutes later, a bus arrived and Yoona stepped out, groggy and wearing earphones. She walked passed me.... Ya! She didn't notice her best friend ?!?!

 

"Im Yoona.." I called out. She still didn't hear me. Darn those earphones. "Ya! Im Yoona!!" I chased after her and turned her around to face me.

 

"Oh! Annyeong, Yun." She kept her earphones in her bag. Finally. "Yoong, let's go to the park!!" I grinned.

 

"Right now?" she asked. I nodded my head and showed her my cute puppy eyes, making my eyes go as large as it can get. lol

 

"Aish, wae?" She crossed he arms. "That look won't work on me, Yun."

 

I crossed my arms and maintained my puppy eyes and added a pout. "You seem.....busy lately, Yoong. I miss hanging out with my buddy."

 

She sighed and linked her arms with me, this time I didn't run away. We walked along the path and went to a nearby park. It feels great spending time here, especially when you're with someone special. We sat on the swings and watched the people walk by. An idea came in mind.

 

"Yoong, do you remember that game in My Sassy Girl? The one when they were in the train?" I grinned and Yoona looked at me, nodding.

my-sassy-girl002.jpg have you seen this epic movie?? :) *claring95

 

"Yes, of course!" She laughed. "So, what are the mechanics? Do we hit each other, too?"

 

"We are not hitting each other." I laughed. "See that crack line in front of us?" She nodded. "If a person has his/her left foot after the line, I get one point but if they stepped over the line with their right foot, you get the point. First person to get to 5 points wins and gets treated with ice cream by the winner."

 

"Okay, but if I gain one point I push your swing as hard as I can. Of course, you will do the same if you get one point."  She grinned.

 

"Okay then, I get the left foot and yours is the right foot okay? Remember, after the crak line." She nodded and as if on cue, a little boy came walking along the path in front of us, holding a balloon and taking quick short steps.

 

left ..... right ..... left ..... right ..... left ..... right .....

 

LEFT !!

 

but the boy happened to hop left twice and his right foot went passed the line.

 

Darn it.

 

Yoona laughed out loud. "Yun, I have one point!!" She got up from her swing and pushed me then went back to her swing, still laughing.

 

Ahhhhh ... kiyeopta^^

 

"You may have one point, Yoong, but it's just one point." I gave out an evil laugh and I was silenced when an ahjumma stepped over the crack line with her right foot. Yoona almost fell off her swing from laughing. But still pushed my swing despite her wobbling legs. I can't help but laugh at her cute actions.

 

Ahhhh... Yoong, why so cute??^^

 

Currently the score is:

 

         Yoona: 2            Me: 0

 

Ugh! I hate that number >:/ But all hope is not lost ...  a family of 3 is fast approaching the crack line. Yoona and I have our eyes on the line as their feet stepped over it.

 

         Yoona: 3            Me: 2

 

At least I'm catching up!^^ I got up first and gave Yoong 2 strong pushes. I pushed her swing so hard that she screamed and laughed.

 

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!" She looks like a little kid who rode on a swing for the first time. keke

 

YOONG!!! WHY SO CUTE??^-^

 

When her "joyride" ended, she gave me a push and quickly went back to her swing because a couple is approaching the crack line....

 

               Yoona: 4                  Me: 3

 

We gave each other a push and a high school boy walked over the line. Fate must be with me.

 

              Yoona: 4                  Me: 4

 

I gave her a little push and held our breaths as a little girl hopped along the path..... this is it!!! 

>:D .....

 

********

 

(In a nearby ice cream shop)

 

Yoona received her strawberry ice cream from Yunho and happily ate it. Yunho pouted while eating his chocolate ice cream.

 

"And I thought fate was with me." he mumbled.

 

Yoona giggled. "Thanks for the treat, Yun! And thanks for today." Yunho smiled.

 

"You're welcome Yoong. But next time I will surely win."

 

"haha! If fate goes to you," she grinned. The two had a silent but not awkward walk to Yoona's house. (5:40 pm)

 

*Yoona*

       I looked at Yunho and gave him a smile when we reached the front door. He smiled back and gave me a pat on the head.

 

"Thank you, Yun. You're the best-est friend a girl could ever have. Take care, bye."

 

I hugged him and went in the house to help Umma with dinner.

 

*Yunho*

 

(while walking Yoona home)

 

sigh. Fate has already been with me, Yoong, from the day we met and became best friends. You are the treasure I have always been cherishing.

 

We arrived at her front door and she smiled at me. I smiled back, knowing what her smile meant even if she doesn't say a word so I gave her a pat on the head.

 

"Thank you, Yun. You're the best-est friend a girl could ever have. Take care, bye."

 

She gave me a hug and went in her house. I sighed and walked to the opposite direction where my house is.

 

"You're the best-est friend a girl could ever have."

 

Best friend. Sigh. Do you really only see me as a "best friend" ?

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

end of chapter^^

I hope you like the "My Sassy Girl" reference^^ kekeke

Sorry for the super late updates!!!

I had writer's block and I also rearranged a few a lot of scenes^^

But really, thank you for reading!! :)

 

*Yoona finds out something about Jaejoong in the next chapter..I wasn't able to put it here since I rearranged some scenes:)

take care!!

 

xoxo,

claring95