3 Days Vacation: Part 4 (Day 2)

Stuck in the middle

JAEJOONG

 

I don't know why I told her.

 

Why did I, really?

 

For 2 whole years I have been keeping my life a mystery. For 2 whole years I have survived the exhausting daily routine. For two whole years I have not made any more friends aside from the Kim's and my bosses.

 

To tell the truth, I wanted to quit school and focus on more jobs, that way paying for Min Ah's bills won't be hard but she won't let me stop studying.

 

I had a girlfriend and she was always there for me, especially when she knew I planned to audition in SMent but she left me when I was struggling so much. It was then that I realized that girls like her are only using men for money. Money. What a very bothersome thing. After our one year and a half relationship, I stopped looking at girls as girls. I treat people as the same gender. No special treatment. But what am I doing now? I'm riding on this Ferris Wheel, with this girl named Im Yoona, who is as bothersome as money, and I told her my mysterious life.

 

Why did I tell her? Gah! I can't stop asking myself.

Is it because she's related to Dae Jung?

I don't know why but I feel something different when she hugged me. For some reason I liked the warmth of her hug.

 

Did I really tell her everything because they're cousins? Is it because I trust her? Or.........................

No, it cannot be. It's impossible.

 

YOONA

 

The sun is starting to set.

 

It took me a while to break the hug. Why did I hug him? It was the right thing to do. He needs a friend, someone to talk to, someone to help him. Because we were the last ones in, naturally, we'd be the last ones out. That means we get to go around once for free. For the last round we were totally silent. Silent but not awkward. We remained seated beside each other, and I wiped the tears from my eyes with my handkerchief. When we finally got out, we immediately fetched Dae Jung from Kids Corner.

 

"Noona! Hyung!" Dae Jung ran into my arms and I carried him. "Did you enjoy the rides?

 

I nodded. "How about you? Was Kids Corner fun?"

 

He grinned. "Nae! Sangchu and Jay went home 10 minutes ago with their parents. Noona? Why are your eyes puffy?"

 

Crap. "Well, I... I sneezed a lot in the Ferris Wheel, it was so dusty and you know I'm sensitive to dust."

 

He titled his head, not buying my excuse but then shrugged. "Okay."

 

Phew. This kid just notices everything. "Let's go eat snacks and then go home?" I asked him. "Nae noona!"

 

We rode a cab after eating our late heavy snacks and Dae Jung fell asleep on my lap on the ride home.

 

"Is your Aunt home on this time?" Jaejoong asked, breaking the silence.

 

"Yes." I answered and paused. "Jaejoong, I know you have already told me more than enough about you but may I know how you met my relatives here in Busan?"

 

He sighed and nodded. "It was when I was looking for a job here one night a year ago."

 

**FLASHBACK**

(no one's POV)

 

Jaejoong wandered around different cafe's in Busan, not one accepted him yet. Hae Rin is sitting on one of the cafe's, having been noticing the young handsome boy going in and out of different cafe's. When he came in the same cafe Hae Rin is in, she called him before he can go to the manager.

 

"Are you looking for a job?" she asked him. He nodded but she saw his hesitation and chuckled. "It's okay, you can trust me, come have a chat with me for a while."

 

Jaejoong obliged.

 

"What do you want to drink? Surely you are thirsty from going cafe job hunting." Hae Rin smiled.

 

Jaejoong bowed his head. "Ah, yes. But you don't have to buy me a drink, ahjumma."

 

Hae Rin laughted heartily. "Please, don't call me ahjumma. I may be married and have a very cute kid but I am definately not an ahjumma yet. I have a niece who's probably younger than you for a few years. I insist, let me buy you a drink."

 

Jaejoong suddenly felt she could be trusted. "Iced tea will be fine."

 

Hae Rin called a waiter and ordered an iced tea for the young boy. When the waiter walked away, Hae Rin turned her attention back to him. "So, young man, what's your name?"

 

"Kim Jaejoong, ma'am."

 

She smiled. "Park Hae Rin. Please, call me Aunt Hae Rin, ma'am is just too formal for me."

 

Jaejoong smiled.

 

"Do you sing, Jaejoong?" 

 

He nodded.

 

"Let me hear you sing. Just a few lines will do."

 

Jaejoong cleared his throat and sang the chorus of a song called 'Toki wo Tomete'.

 

 

Toki wo tomete zutto kimi na soba ni itai
I want to stop time and be by your side all the time

 

Miageta sora
To the sky that I looked up

 

Negai komete
I made a wish and

 

Wo wo wow

 

Hitotsu hitotsu kagayaku hoshi tsunage nagara
While connecting the shiny stars one by one

 

Kimi no katachi sagaeta
I was looking for your silhouette

 

Hae Rin looked at Jaejoong when he was singing, he had his eyes closed and his face is calm. When he was done singing, she smiled. "I have a friend who owns an underground cafe here. I think you are the type who doesn't like to talk about your past and I think working at the underground cafe is the perfect place for you. Young people like you don't go there anymore, but the pay is good."

 

Jaejoong was startled. She was indeed right about her judgement. He wanted to be hired to a cafe where he can't be found by agency scouts, it would be very troublesome.

 

"Would you like to get a job as a part-time worker? A waiter and an underground cafe singer."

 

**END OF FLASHBACK**

 

 

"So that's pretty much it." Jaejoong exhaled.

 

I thanked him, paid the cab driver and then we got out of the cab. I carried Dae Jung and we walked throught Aunt's front lawn. Jaejoong suddenly stopped.

 

"What is it, Jaejoong?" I asked him, adjusting Dae Joong's position in my arms. Without saying anything, Jaejoong took my sleeping cousin from me and carried him in his arms. I smiled. "Thanks."

 

He shrugged slightly. "I know he's heavier when he's asleep."

 

We arrived on the front porch and I opened the door, and went in. "Come in, Jaejoong."

 

He nodded and went in. We left our shoes by the show racks and wore house slippers.

 

"Oh, Yoona you're home!" Aunt Hae Rin ran from the kitchen and hugged me, it took her a while that she had a guest. "Oh, you two know each other?"

 

We nodded.

 

"Nae. Sungmo, we're classmates." I answered. She titled her head, confused. "But Yoona's younger."

 

I looked at Jaejoong, letting him answer. "It's a long story, Aunt Hae Rin."

 

Oh, so she doesn't know about his past yet?

 

She nodded and took Dae Jung from Jaejoong. "Thank you for accompanying them Jaejoong. Stay for dinner okay?"

 

She left before Jaejoong could say no. Now we're left in the living room. I looked at Jaejoong and laughed at his confused face. "Yeah. At least have dinner before you go to work."

 

Left with no other choice, he agreed.

 

DIING DOONG !! DIING DOONG !!

 

"I'll get it." Jaejoong offered since he's the one closer to the door.

 

A very familiar voice spoke when he opened the door.

 

"Jaejoong? What are you doing here?"

 

Gasp! It's Yunho!!

 

**********

 

We sat on the dinner table, me sitting beside Yunho and Aunt Hae Rin and Jaejoong are seated in fron of us. Uncle Jae Han isn't home from work yet and we ate in silence until Yunho spoke. "Aunt Hae Rin, I didn't know you knew Jaejoong."

 

"I didn't know the two of you know each other, either." Aunt Hae Rin countered, laughing. Yunho smiled and I looked at Jaejoong. He looks out of place and distant again.

 

"So, Jaejoong, why did you come to Busan? Don't tell me you're visiting you girlfriend." 

 

I knew it was a joke but for some reason I felt my insides flinch by the thought of Jaejoong in a relationship. I scolded myself. No, he wouldn't have the time to get into a relationship, he needs to focus on work. Aw heck with it! He can date anyone for all I care.

 

"No. I came for another reason." Jaejoong simply replied and looked at me. He gave me a close-your-mouth-and-don't-tell-him-anything look. I raised my brow and drank my orange juice. To be honest, I am not hungry because I'm still full from the late snacks we ate earlier.

 

"Oh, okay." Yunho nooded. Maybe he felt Jaejoong's reply contained a message saying 'I don't want to talk about it'. "Hey, Jae, would you like to go out tonight? We can hang out and go club hopping."

 

Aunt Hae Rin and I stared at Yunho in disbelief.

 

"What??" Yunho raised his hands in defensive mode. "We're old enough to go and it's not like we'll do bad stuff."

 

We rolled our eyes. As expected, Jaejoong rejected Yunho's offer for some fun. He stood up and bowed to Aunt Hae Rin. "I must be on my way now, Aunt Hae Rin, and thank you very much for letting me stay for dinner."

 

Aunt Hae Rin nodded. "Yoona, please walk him to the door."

 

I nodded and stood up. We walked to the front door and I opened the door for him. He went out and I called him before closing the door. "Jaejoong?"

 

He turned around.

 

"Take care."

 

There was a moment of stillness. Then he nodded and walked away. I closed the door and went to the kitchen to help Aunt Hae Rin with the dishes.

 

===============================================

 

end of chapter !! :D

guys I am really sorry it took me a while to update .. my dad finally let me use the internet so I can post this but he didn't say if I'm free from the 'grounded stage' yet..

I have written more chapters .. so wait when I can update again okay ??

everyone has been so supportive and patient ^^

 

@yoona_adict: thank you for loving my updates ^^ .. I have been trying not to sleep late anymore and thanks for the concern :) everyone deserved my token .. not hitting the unsubscribe button is encouraging me to go on and write more chapters so don't worry :D thank you very much !! :****

 

@melodyoona7: it really is a sad past T-T I was on the verge of tears when I wrote it .. kkkkk .. I hope she can bring his life back and become friends with Min Ah too ^^

 

@sawa93821: a sad past indeed :( ... yoonjae? what about yoonyun ? kkkkkk ... joking ^^

 

@SHadowB2STSHINee: I'm glad it flowed naturally ^^ I was editing it sooooo much ... kkkkk ... thanks for encouraging me !! and I'll be waiting for the posters .. weeeeeeeee ***sings*** I'M SO EXCITED! AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! .... kkkkkk ^^

 

 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR BEING PATIENT !! AND THANKS TO THE NEW SUBSCRIBERS !!

strawprincess

jadoresoshi

 

xoxo,

claring95 :)

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3