Chapter 3

Stuck in the middle

No ??? Yunho what are you saying ??? I'm your best friend !!!

 

Yoona was so shocked. Her best friend denied their friendship in front of all his classmates. She turned red and ran to her classroom. When she went in her classroom, Yunho's classmates gathered around him.

 

"She was really red!!"

 

"You really don't know her?"

 

"She is pretty, you know."

 

"I..I don't know her," was Yunho's only reply. The teacher came in and his classmates went back to their seats.

-----

 

Yoona opened her classroom door and all eyes were on her.

 

"You're all in English 1, right?" she asked.

 

They nodded and told her to come in. Yoona smiled and closed the door. The only empty seat was beside a sleeping guy by the window. She sat down and looked around the room.

 

'I really don't understand why Yunho said no." Yoona took out her notebook and the teacher came in.

sas12.jpg

"Good morning, I am Prof. Kim Heechul and I will be your English 1 teacher for the 1st semester. Please introduce yourselves starting from.....the back."

 

Yoona turned to her left and shook the still dozing guy beside her.

 

"Wake up, you're up first to introduce yourself."

 

He didn't budge and Yoona shook him again. He groaned and stood up.

 

"Oh, it's you!" Yoona pointed at him. He only yawned.

 

"Kim Jaejoong, 20," and he sat down and went back to sleep.

 

"Kim Jaejoong, if you continue with that sleeping habit of yours in my class for the whole semester, you'll end up taking this subject again next semester," Prof. Heechul warned him but Jaejoong only nodded his head, and dozed off. Prof. Heechul could only sigh, "Next please."

 

Yoona stood up. "Im Yoona, 18."

 

After the introductions were done, Prof. Heechul immediately started the 1st lesson.

 

"Okay, since it's the first day, let us all review the lessons you had in High School," he started asking the students and then wrote on the board.

 

After an hour ....

 

"See you in the next schedule, bye." At that. everyone stood up and slowly got out from the room. Jaejoong woke up and went out, Yoona followed him.

 

"Hey, Jaejoong!" She called out. Jaejoong didn't look back and continued walking.

 

"Hey, wait!" Yoona ran and caught up with him.

 

"What?" Jaejoong asked without looking at her.

 

"I didn't get to thank you for catching me earlier this morning," Yoona smiled and held out her hand. "I'm Yoona."

 

"So?" he coldly replied.

 

She dropped her hand. "So I'm thanking you for saving me," Kathy said, taken aback by his coldness.

 

"If you were careful I wouldn't have wasted my energy earlier," with that Jaejoong walked away.

 

'What a cold person,' Yoona thought, unconsciously stopping in front of Yunho's classroom.

 

Yunho went out from the room and hurriedly walked past Yoona. She saw him and naturally locked her arm with his.

 

Yunho was caught off guard by her sudden gesture. All of the girls in the hallway had ther mouths hanging open. Yunho's classmates, who also went out from the room, almost dropped their bag to the ground.

 

"Hey, Yunho, eat lunch with me later okay?" Yoona grinned.

 

Yunho unlocked his arms from Yoona's and quickly ran away.

 

Puzzled by Yunho's sudden odd attitude, Yoona stood still and realized she was surrounded by his fangirls.

 

Yoona closed her eyes and expected them to pull out her hair but she was shocked to see them with hearts in her eyes. No, really.

 

"You were so brave!!!"

 

"You're so cool!!"

 

"How did you have the courage to lock arms with him????"

 

"Hey!" A girl who stood out from them, maybe their leader, took their attention. "If a freshman could do it, then we sophies can, too!!"

 

And they ran to "lock arms" with Yunho and left Yoona alone just like that.

superjunior_kangin1.jpg    tumblr_leslinspkr1qa7tfso1_400.jpg

2nd period (Science with Prof. Kim Kangin) and 3rd period (Basic Algebra with Prof. Cho Kyuhyun) classes passed with self-introductions and reviewing high school lessons. Yoona noticed that she and Jaejoong are in the same morning classes.

 

'He loves to sleep but he should listen during class if he wants to be out of college soon,' Yoona nodded to herself.

 

Super_Junior_s_Ryeowook_reveals_track_Sm

Last morning class was History and Prof. Kim Ryeowook has been sharing his experiences during his trip to the Great Wall of China. (Another Professor Kim?? How many Professor Kim's are in this school??)

 

"Next meeting I'll bring my photos in China and be aware of pop quizzes since our subject is History," he announced. "You are dismissed."

 

The school bell rang and it was lunch time already. Jaejoong, still sleepy, walked out of the room.

 

'He enrolls in an arts academy and just sleeps in class. Unbelievable.' Yoona shook her head in disbelief.

 

"Kim Jaejoong was supposed to be graduating this year but due to his negative behaviors in class and to unknown reasons, he was always stuck in 1st year," a voice suddenly spoke beside her.

 

Yoona turned her head and met eyes with a pretty brunette.

3541223c6957088ce5f49ec2e19b68cb.jpg

"Kwon Yuri," she introduced herself. "I'm a sophomore with History 1 to finish."

 

"Im Yoona," they shook hands and went out of the classroom.

 

"How did you know I was wondering about Jaejoong?" Yoona asked.

 

"I saw you staring at him," Yuri said matter-of-factly.

 

The girls got close quickly and bought lunch in the canteen. They found good seats, just a few tables away to where the Juniors (Yunho's class) sat. Yoona and Yunho's eyes met and she waved her hand but again Yunho looked away.

 

"Seriously? Yunho?" Yuri raised her eyebrow.

 

Yoona lowered her hand and looked down on her plate.

 

"He would never look back at you again, girl," she sighed.

 

"Why?" Yoona asked, picking up her orange juice.

 

"It's because he's the school hotshot," Yuri said, overemphasizing 'hotshot'.

 

Yoona wanted to ask more questions but someone suddenly grabbed her orange juice and spilled it on her head.

 

"Back off, freshman."

---------------------------------------------------

 

OMO!! WHO DARED SPILL YOONA ORANGE JUICE ON HER ????!!

find out in the next chapter :D

thanks for reading