The Letter from Kim Min Ah

Stuck in the middle

BGM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WO8ktBoITw

(play it and repeat the song if it ends when you're still not finished reading .. keke)

----------------------------------------------

 

"Tell Min Ah I wish her all the best.. Goodbye, Jaejoong."

 

Jaejoong punched the wall and slid down, crying as he buried face in his shaking hands. What have I done? What have I just said?

 

He pulled his hair and cried, regretting the things he have just said to Yoona that he didn't notice Ms. Sooyoung sitting down beside him already. "Jaejoong-ah..."

 

"Go away." he turned his head to the other side. "You're all the same. You all hid the truth from me."

 

"Jaejoong-----"

 

"Do you know how painful it is for me? Do you know that knowing about all of this at this critical time is much more painful?" he hugged his knees and sobbed. "I...I never thought that even you, noona, would keep this from me. Why?"

 

"Mianhae, Jaejoong." She sighed and stood up. "That would explain everything for you."

 

"Huh?" He looked up at her. "What do you mean, noona?"

 

She nodded her head to where she sat and forced a smile for him. "Read it, Jaejoong. It's for you."

 

Ms. Sooyoung gave him one last look and walked away. Jaejoong looked to his right and found a letter. What is this? Who is it from? He tore the envelope and took out neatly folded pieces of paper. His questions were answered when he recognized the penmanship from the first page. Min Ah...

 

 

Jaejoong Oppa,

 

When you read this letter, I'm pretty sure I'm already in either the Emergency Room or the Operating Room. Mianhaeyo. I cannot think of any other words I can tell you but, Mianhaeyo. I'm sorry for keeping the truth hidden from you..and from Yoona unni. I wanted to tell you that I've been suffering from Leukemia a year after the car accident but I just couldn't get myself to. I didn't want to see you struggle for me, heck, you've been working your off for 2 years, how much more if you knew about my illness??

 

Oppa, I know you. Please don't be mad at Yoona unnie. She knew nothing about all of this. Sure, she knew about the Leukemia but I told Dr. Seo to lie to her and say that I'm not at the Blast Crisis Phase already. I feared that she'd tell you. Oppa, I never wanted you to worry about me, so, mianhae. I planned on telling you soon but I just can't do it. Please don't be mad at her, at Dr. Seo and at Sooyoung unni. All of them just did what I told them. I know that by now, you are fully aware of everything but this is my only chance to tell you myself.

 

Oppa, my wounds from the car accident were healed already but Dr. Seo and his medical team diagnosed me with having Leukemia, that's why they told me to stay. They wanted to tell you point straight about my illness but I didn't let them. I forced them not to tell you so please, again, don't be mad at them. My Leukemia had developed to the Blast Crisis Phase too fast in one year and maybe now, here I am in the ER/OR. Oppa, I know I don't have much time left in me to live...

 

Can you still remember that one memory we had together when we were still kids? I was getting beaten up by schoolgirl brats because I was (and still is) prettier than them that the school crush liked me and not them. You came at the very right time and you saved me from them. You even glared at Soo Hyun because he got scared by the brats' punches. haha! Oppa, I hope that in the future, you can still protect little kids (and your kids..kekeke) just as what you did for me.

 

I'm very happy with these passed days I spent with you and Yoona unnie, althought the two of us had a really rough start. I feel very blessed with the short and valuable time we had together, oppa and I don't like the idea of leaving you like this. I hope you gave mom's necklace to Yoona unnie or else I'll stalk you for the rest of your life until you give it to her. kekeke. Oppa, please be happy. Soon, I'll be joining umma and appa in heaven and I know they, too, don't want seeing you unhappy here on Earth.

 

Oppa, please live healthy and strong. Yoona unnie is a really good person and please, please, please, treasure her. If you hurt her, then my stalking will haunt you for the rest of your life. kekeke. Oppa, thank you for the times we spent together and I'm truly sorry for I am lacking as your sister. I wanted to stay and live longer to be with you but fate seems not to be on my side. I also wanted to help you work but my body disobeys me already. I hope you can still understand my handwriting, oppa, my hand hurts right now and I don't think I can continue on writing anymore.

 

I love you, Jaejoong oppa...

Min Ah

 

Jaejoong looked up and noticed the nurses scurrying in and out from the Operating Room. When did they transfer Min Ah there? He got up, letter in hand and slowly walked to the doors. From the circular windows, he could see Dr. Seo and his medical team crowded around his sister's obvious pale and lifeless body. The door opened as the nurse got out.

 

"Clear!"

 

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

 

Jaejoong's grip on the letter tightened as his senses gone blank. He slowly walked in, uknown to the medical team, calling out his sister's name in a whisper. "M-Min Ah..."

 

 

"Clear!"

 

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

 

"Min Ah..."

 

One of the nurses noticed him coming closer. "Mr. Kim, you shouldn't be here!"

 

 

"Clear!"

 

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

 

"MIN AH!!"

 

"Get him out of here!" Dr. Seo instructed as he tried reviving his patient. "Please, Min Ah-ssi, please."

 

Jaejoong struggled with 4 nurses but he was kicked out (not literally) of the Operating Room. He became a crying mess as all of them tried to calm him down. They forced him to sit on one of the waiting chairs and there he was comforted by Ms. Sooyoung. She knew he wouldn't be comforted right now but her presence was still needed just for him to calm down. Ms. Sooyoung was supposed to be part of the Operating team but she chose not to join as her emotions crowded her professionalism. She just couldn't do it.

 

It suddenly felt as if time stopped when Dr. Seo came out of the Operating Room with his head hung low, eyes red from crying. The only sounds one could hear from the ground floor are Jaejoong's cry for his dead little sister, Kim Min Ah.

 

----------------------------------------

 

A/N:

 

*peeks out from the hiding place*

annyeong! .. ummm .. sorry for this chapter T____T

like I said .. the drama ... hmm .. I fail X_X

 

@yoona_adict:

unfortunately yes, this fic is ending soon ... all things comes to a close in their own time, right? keke ... and I can agree, it is hard to see Yunjae fics these days -.- but thank you for leaving me comments <3 you are one of the people that motivates me to complete this so much !! <3 xoxo

 

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING, DEAR READERS !! <3

ALL OF YOU INSPIRE ME TO WRITE <3

xoxo,

claring95