..49

Friendship and Love

Author's POV

That afternoon after school, Jinhye drove off to Jimin's place without even telling Jimin that she come because she knew if she did tell him, Jimin won't want to see her anyway.

When she arrives, she scanned the house around and it feels empty. As if no one lived there but she decided to just knock despite the house seems so quiet. There is no response even when she presses the bell so she knocks again.

After feeling like the 7th knock, the door slightly open revealing weakly - messy hair Jimin.

"Jimin, uh- don't get me wrong. I'm here to send you our exam's schedule for tomorrow and--", he opens the door wide and stands in front of Jinhye with those tired eyes. His face seems so pale.

"Jinhye--", he called out before he passed out in her arms causing Jinhye caught him in surprise just in time.

"Jimin?! Jimin!"

She brings Jimin's hot yet weak body inside and lay him down on the comfortable couch. She went panic and check his temperature with her hand. Surprisingly, his temperature is high.

"Uhh - I will make you something to eat first", she said and stood up leaving Jimin to rest on the couch while she makes chicken soup and rice. When she did, she places it on the tray with a warm boiled drink.

As she places the tray down on the table, she slightly shook his body to wake him up. "Jimin-ah, you must fill your stomach first and take the medicine before you can sleep", with her soft - concerned voice as Jimin half-awake from his conscious.

Jinhye helps him to get up slowly and hold a small bowl of rice before feeding him. His lips slowly open even though his face showed that he doesn't have any appetite.

"Why didn't you tell me, or any of us that you are sick?", Jinhye says softly while Jimin just closes his mouth shut. It feels like it was a sweet dream to him seeing Jinhye in front of him.

Jinhye sigh. "Tell me if you don't feel very well tomorrow since we have an exam. I can make an excuse to the teacher or write a letter so that you can have your test the next day."

Jimin weakly nods. Suddenly he held up his hand to stop Jinhye from feeding him more.

"What? You don't want?"

He nodded. Jinhye handed him clear water and let him swallow down the medicine.

"You shouldn't sleep at the couch, Jimin. Go upstairs..", I assure. He looks at me before he stands up weakly.

Jinhye watch as Jimin walks slowly towards the stairs. Her heart feels uneasy in watching him trembling in coldness as he took a step. Jinhye places the bowl down and held Jimin by the waist while his arms on her shoulder to support him standing.

Once they reach his room, Jinhye tucked him on the bed and pull over the blanket before she higher the temperature of AC a little bit.

"I will lock the door later once I'm going", she said and went down then wash the dishes.

She looks at her phone and it reads at 5:15 pm. She slumped her on the couch tiredly after school and slowly dozed off since her heart unable to leave Jimin alone at his house.

----

Hyerin's POV

"...And that is how Taehyung and Jinhye be as they are now", Leah finished.

I stared on the ground with confused feelings. Leah decided to tell me about the day where Taehyung confessed to Jinhye about his true feelings. I can't help but admire Jinhye.

I mean, yes, Jinhye is attractive since she is closer with boys and getting along well with everybody, unlike me and Leah who keep quiet when we meet with a stranger.

Even if I were a man, I would probably fall in love with Jinhye.

"Why are you telling me now?", I said kind of confused at their sudden confession.

Jinhwan exchanged looks with Leah before he says, "Because we wanna help you. We know about your feelings towards Taehyung and I don't want you to think that there's something between both of them."

"Yeah, I know my cousin so well and Jinhye."

I then become silent. Just then, I formed a wide smile while looking at them, "Thank you for telling me this. I know you just want to let my heart fixed. Actually, I don't really hope for Taehyung to like me back though, because I know I'm not good for him. He also deserves someone else. Someone who is better than me."

Leah's facial expression saddened when she hears at my words.

"You--", before Leah said a word, she was interrupted by a very familiar voice.

"You are that someone."

I widened my eyes and turn around. I know so well this voice. He walks towards me and grabbed my arms tightly. I tried to shrug his hands off of me but have no energy to do so.

He leads me outside of the restaurant and to the parking lot.

"What are you doing?", I said after I yanked my arms from his grip. He turns around facing me with an emotionless look.

"Is that why you're being distant with me? Because of that thoughts?", he said making me widened my eyes. How did he know about that?

"Did Leah--"

"Tell me", he paused cutting my sentence off. "Who am I to you?"

A silence fills in the air when he said that. A wind suddenly brushes my hair making me the cold breeze to kiss my cheeks sending a shiver down to my spine.

I stare at Taehyung's dark brown eyes before saying, "You should probably know by now if you heard every single word that I told them back there."

I turn sideways and walk away leaving him behind. I was getting further away from him that I thought he will stop me and tell me he loves me too, but why did he just stand there without doing anything?

My heart dropped when I finally realized that he doesn't love me back. I clenched on my shirt as I get inside the car feeling overwhelmed as I felt my tears started to form again.

Why should I give my high hope when everything is already clear? I scoffed and harshly wiped the tears away from my cheeks.

----

Leah's POV

I watched both Taehyung and Hyerin through the window. My heart beating so fast, is it okay to let them meet like this?

Taehyung's eyes showed confusion and hope at the same time. I can't really know what's inside his heart but I know that his actions tell me everything that he does have a feeling towards Hyerin. I know him so well.

Just then, Hyerin turns sideways leaving Taehyung behind which made me bewildered.

"Jinhwan.. are they gonna be okay?", I nervously said as I saw at how much heartbroken Taehyung were.

Did Hyerin reject him or what? What is happening?!

"Don't worry, Taehyung just still confused at Hyerin's i-do not-care act which made him think that Hyerin doesn't really in love with him. They will, one day, be together, okay?", Jinhwan stood beside me and kiss my forehead.

"But we probably should go to him now, he is alone there!"

Jinhwan sighs, "He already left chasing after Hyerin."

"What?", I checked outside the window and Taehyung is nowhere to be found even his car isn't there.

Where is he going?

-----

Taehyung chase after Hyerin as he followed from behind catching up Hyerin. Hyerin went wide eyes when she saw Taehyung's car following her from rear-view and speeding up the car faster than usual.

This action of her has been expected by Taehyung. He knew that she will act this way, he can feel it. He also accelerates the speed and drove faster. His heart also beating so fast because Hyerin keeps getting away from him.

There is one thing for sure why she acted so cold at him. He knew she was there witnessed everything he does at Jinhye. She misunderstood it.

Flashback

Taehyung went to Jinhye's room the night when they sleepover at Jinhye's house, he closed the door behind him. Jinhye furrowed her eyebrows together before asking, "Why are you here?"

"You haven't replied to my answer yet. About your feelings towards Jimin", Taehyung replied with a pout.

"I told you not to bring that up didn't I?"

"Aish, why can't you be honest uh?"

Jinhye huffed. "Get out!"

Taehyung then made an evil plan and approached Jinhye closer towards where she stands closing their distance with each other. Jinhye slowly moved backward but Taehyung held her back with his hand.

"Wh-what are you doing, idiot?", Jinhye stuttered kind of panicked. She went flustered seeing him this way.

"I love you, Ahn Jinhye."

Hyerin had finished wearing her clothes when she heard muffling voices from the other room. The voice is very familiar for her so she took a peek towards Jinhye's room door.

She saw it with her own eyes. Taehyung's hand that was holding her back and let out that words which make her heart shuttered. Her eyes become watered seeing Taehyung saying those words at Jinhye.

That is when she ran back to where she and Lea shared the room. Her heart can't stand anymore seeing them like that. She knew what she had to do now. She tried her best not to show her heart falling again at the wrong time.

Taehyung feels someone watching them but he shrugged it off and laughed once he saw Jinhye's reaction and held his stomach, "God, this is hilarious. You should have seen your face!"

Jinhye punch Taehyung's back in annoyed. " you! Get the hell out of here!!", Jinhye closed the door with a huffed.

"Hey, I was just pretending to be Jimin okay, I wanna know what your reaction would be if Jimin were confessed to you like that", Taehyung laughs without even concerned about the person who saw them both just now.

-End of Flashback-

Taehyung finally understands about the looks in her eyes that show that she went hesitated when he asked her about who is he to her.

Taehyung didn't mean this to happen which was why he is chasing after Hyerin to clear everything up including his feelings.

The road is empty now which makes Taehyung overtake the road and stop his car right in front of Hyerin's car.

He gets out of the car and Hyerin, unaware of that action of him, she abruptly pressed on the brake before it hits Taehyung who stand in front of her car. Her breathe went heavy.

She gets out of her car angrily. "Yah Kim Taehyung! What the hell are you thinking?! You can have died there!"

Taehyung slowly approaches her without saying a word. He looks deep into her eyes until he was able to read through her heart.

"Do you love me?", he asked once again and look straight into her eyes.

"What gibberish are you talking about? Get out of my way, I need to go", Hyerin huffed and try to push Taehyung away but he just won't budge from his position.

"What is wrong with you?", Hyerin raised her eyebrows as Taehyung held her wrist to stop her from pushing him away.

"Answer me!", he said in serious tone.

Her eyes started to form a tear remembering about the scene where she saw Taehyung and Jinhye. Now that Taehyung knows that she liked him, there's nothing more she can hide.

"Yes, I do! But are you?", Hyerin stopped taking in a deep breath. Taehyung froze unable to speak.

"It's okay, I know that you like Jinhye. Don't worry about me, just go, and also please get your car out of the sight since I need to go home now", Hyerin sadly said.

A droplet of tears started to fall down making her scoffed, "You know, I was expecting an answer from you! But why are you keep quiet, uh!? Say something, or move out of the way!"

Hyerin's voices make him snapped back to reality who seems getting mad at him about blocking her way.

"Why are you being like this, Taehyung?", Hyerin did not stop talking as Taehyung stared at her with emotional looks.

Without her realizing, Taehyung held her cheeks up and connect his lips with Hyerin stopping her from saying another word. Hyerin widened her eyes, this is wrong.

She pushes Taehyung away and breathes out, "What are you doing?! What if Jinhye--"

"Stop talking about Jinhye, she is just a close friend of mine. I know that you saw us back at her house! It was a misunderstanding! Why can't you tell that I do love you too? Uh? Are you dumb?!", Taehyung's face looks pissed causing Hyerin lifted her head up in shock, confusion written over her face.

"Don't you see? I love you.", he said slowly closing a distance between them and held her waist.

Hyerin still can't believe with her own ears that she just heard Taehyung said those words.

"Really?"

"Yes! Gosh", Taehyung rolled his eyes as a playful grin plastered on his face.

Hyerin blinked her eyes and stare at Taehyung's eyes to see if there are any lies in him but seen none.

Her lips curved into a smile before wrapped her arms around his neck while Taehyung eyeing her in amazed at her action.

"I love you too," she whispered before connecting her lips with him softly.

There are no words can tell how much happy Hyerin was knowing that Taehyung has the same feelings as her. All of this time, she was afraid.. afraid of being rejected by someone you love so dearly. If she didn't speak her true feelings, maybe they wouldn't be together only an insecure feeling will arouse in them.