...12

Friendship and Love

Lea’s POV

“Lea-sshi, Jinhwan is here already.” I heard my maid yelling from downstairs.

“Okay!” I yelled back. I do one last touch up and smile in satisfied at myself.

The nervous is still there so I take a deep breath and let it out. “Calm down, Lea. It was just a dinner not like a wedding ceremony.” I mumble.

I stood up and take my phone, perfume, wallet and purse with me. I went downstairs and here he was waiting patiently for me.

I dusted my dress one more time and clear my throat to get his attention.

He turned his attention away from his phone and I don’t know why he looks cute when his eyes big. I realized that he keep silent and this makes me look worry. “Erm, did I wear too much? Should I change?” I walked upstairs but a hand grabbed my wrist.

I turned around, “No, you’re perfect. Come on, its already late. I don’t want my parents keep waiting for us.” He nervously said.

I nodded my head and he grab my hands. My heart is beating so fast. Is it because of nervousness or what?

“You look beautiful.” He whispers.

I blushed. “Stop being cheesy. I don’t like it.”

Jinhwan chuckles, “I can’t help it when I’m around you.”

I shot him a glare. “Are we going or not? I don’t want to hear another cheesy words from you.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll stop. Lea?”

I narrow my eyes at him, “What?”

He smile, “I’m sorry.”

I avoid his stare, “I already forgive you.”

Jinhwan grinned, “My fiancée is such a kind person.”

I shook my head, “I am not your fiancée.” Right? I thought. Because this was just an act.

Jinhwan just gives me his smile. I smile back at him and I looked down at our hands clasped together. I have this twinkle in my stomach. Is this what we call falling in love?

-----------

Jinhwan’s POV

I never stop staring Lea because she is different now. She looks pretty and beautiful tonight.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” She suddenly said.

I snapped my head, “Oh, it was nothing.” I nervously said. Crap! She caught me staring at her like that.

“Jinhwan, don’t you think this was a bad idea? What if your parents found out that we’ve been lying this whole time?” She worriedly said.

I sighs, “Lea, this is the only way to escape from stupid arranged marriage.”

“But why don’t just Jinhye become of your girlfriend? Or something more than a friend? You two has been best friend since you two were a kid. Are you sure you don’t have any this feeling for her?”

I laughs and she looked at me in confuse. “Why did you laugh? What so funny?”

I still laughs as I focus on the road, “You sure have many question. Take it easy, Lea.”

She huffed, “I was curious. Usually, if a boy and a girl being a best friend for a long time, they end up liking to each other.”

“That’s what people think. But for me and Jinhye, its not working. Because I already saw her as my little sister. Yeah, sure I have this feelings for her but when I think about it again, it’s the feeling of someone become your family. Sometimes people don’t believe if we’re not in relationship even our parents.” I explained.

Lea keep silent as she listen to my story. “Don’t you ever falling for her?” She softly asked.

I looked at her and look back on the road, “I don’t know. From now, we’re just focus on being friend.”

I don’t why she suddenly said that but I have this feeling that she seems curious about how I feel about Jinhye.

I clear my throat as we’re arrived at my house. “We’re here.”

She unbuckle her seatbelt same as mine. I went to her side and she looked at with confuse face. I stick out my arms, “Don’t just stand there.” I said to her.

Lea shyly held my arm, “I didn’t knew you were this gentlemen.”

“And I didn’t knew you were this shy around me. Last time I checked, you weren’t.” I jokingly said.

She pinched my arm and I yelp in pain. “I was joking.”

We then arrived at the front of my house. I then ring the doorbell. I saw my little brother open the door.

“Oh, Jinhwan hyung. Come in.” I then nodded my head and enter the house so does Lea.

My little brother then lead us the way.

“Who is he?” She asked with confused on her face.

“Oh, didn’t I tell you? He is my little brother. His name is Kim Jong Un.” I replied.

“Oh, he’s cute. “ Lea smiled.

“Same like me right? “ I smirked. “Pfft… no you’re not.” Lea said with her hand cover .

 I was about to speak but then we already arrived at the dining table where my parents waiting for us.

“Jinhwan-ah , finally you’re arrived. Come have a sit. Oh my, Lea my dear, how are you?” My mother hug her. Lea awkwardly hug her back and smile a little, “I am fine, Aunty.”

My mother looked at her in confusion, “Aunty? Please, call me Eomeoni.” My mother ruffle Lea’s hair and she ducked her head in embarrassed.

“Honey, let them sit first.” My father said calmly.

Then, we were headed to our chair. Lea took a seat beside me and my little brother sit infront of her.

I raise my eyebrow at him because he has been smiling widely looking at Lea. “What are you smiling at, JongUn?” I asked.

He tilted his head at me, “Because hyung’s fiancée is beautiful. I admire her. Noona, do you want to ditch Jinhwan hyung and become mine instead?”

Lea blinked her eyes and she chuckles, “Aigoo, you’re so cute. Erm, should I?”

I shot at my little brother a looks, “Don’t you dare and you still kids.”

He glare at me, “I am not.”

Both of us were staring contest until my father clear his throat, “Jinhwan, Jongun, that’s enough.”

We both looked away and I hear Lea giggle at me. “Are you jealous?” She asked.

I choked in my throat, “What? Jealous? Please, I am not.” I looked away avoided her gaze.

She smirks, “Whatever you say~”

“Lets eat.” My father said as he looked around.

Then, we starts to eat. “So Lea, how is your family doing?” My father start the conversation.

“They’re doing well, sir.” She simply said.

“What about you, Lea? Is everything alright? Is my son treat you so well?”

I stopped eat and looked at my father, “Seriously, appa? Are you even asking that?”

“Why? I can’t ask her that?” He raised his eyebrow. I gulps and shook my head.

“Oh , yes of course he treat me so well , sir” , Lea said trying to catch my father attention.

I looked at her in surprised. I silently let out sighs of relief and clear my throat, “So appa, you said there is something important you want to tell to both of us. What is it?”

My father beamed, “I want to make an official announcement about your engagement.”

Lea coughed and I choked on my food, “What? Why? Is that really important?”

He raise his eyebrow, “What do you mean by why? It is for your own good. It just an official one. I just don’t know how you two end up engaged without our and Lea’s parents knowing. Or you were lying to us?”

I shook my head, “N..no..Of course I’m saying the truth. Before I proposed to her to become my wife and that’s how we ended up engaged. Isn’t it automatically she became my fiancée?”

“Technically, it is but its not wrong if we make you two official, right? Also its your fault because you proposed to her in the first place.” He looked at me with serious face.

“Appa, the reason I proposed to her is because I loved her so much that I can’t live without her. She really important to me. I was really grateful to have her and thanks to Jinhye because I knew Lea from her. Lea is such funny, annoying, lovely friend to me and I fall for her day by day. She is different from any other girls.” I sincerely said as I look at Lea.

She looks speechless at my speech. I don’t care because this is the feelings that I’ve been held before.

“Ew, hyung. Not here please if you say sweet words, Gosh.” Jongun cringed in disgust.

I shot him a glare and he stuck his tongue out “Aigoo, my son already grew up.” My mother fake cry.

“Omma, please~” I whine.

“So, its settle. Its next week. I already told Lea’s parent about this and they agreed.”

I exchange looks with Lea and we have the same thought. We’re doomed.