..48

Friendship and Love

Jinhye's POV

Today its the first day of school when our school break finally over. I didn't have any energy to wake up early in the morning and all i do was sitting on my bed blankly stare ahead of me.I check my phone and doing my daily routine before stormed out of the room.

"Good morning", I happily greet the maids. They happily answered back with a smile before going back to do their work.

Suddenly i received a text message from Leah and Taehyung at the same time. I clicked on Leah's name and it says..

'Jinhye, I'm so sorry to trouble you but
can you pick up Taehyung?
I was in rush because Jinhwan want to have breakfast together before going to school. hehe'
- Lee Leah - 

I frowned, "geez! Taehyung have a car why don't he drive himself to the school?" I muttered underneath my breath then I replied her texts agreeing to help her before i quickly drank my water and get my car key. "I will be leaving now, don't cook anything if i come late alright?", i said to the maid and they smiled. I bid a goodbye before went inside my car.

"Little Miss seems like in a good mood", said her maid in relief.

"Yeah. its nice to look at her like that. Maybe there's something good ahead of her."

I quickly dialed Taehyung's phone number and he immediately pick up. "Hey Taehyung, i was on my way to your house now."

"Glad Leah tell you already! Okay okay, i wait here~ no rush sweetheart~", he said before we ended the phone call. After a few minutes, i arrived in front of Leah's house and honk. Thats when i saw Taehyung's figure coming out from the door and headed towards my car.

"Good morning", i greet just as he sit at the passenger's seat. He buckled up his seat belt and greet me back.

"Morning. Sorry to trouble you today", he felt guilty.

"No, its alright. why don't you use your car?", i replied while focusing on the road.

He let out sighed, "my car tyre puncture due to hit a nail on the road yesterday  so i'm lazy to change the tyre and just follow you instead."

I just shook my head in disbelief and we're become silence again.

Taehyung turn on his phone and i accidentally saw unexpected things that he set as his home wallpaper. It was a picture of him with Hyerin back in the playground which surrounded with many lights which i remember when we caught them both taking picture without waiting for us. I smiled. He must have feelings at her uh?

Taehyung then let out a frustrated sigh which made me looked at him in surprised. "What's wrong?", i ask.

"Jimin has been acting weirdly lately. He don't even want to fetch me up at home which was why i was told to go with you when Leah already go with Jinhwan. He even don't bother to reply to my texts", He form a puppy eyes.

I then become silent. Is there something wrong with Jimin? 

"Maybe there is something bothers him?", i said that without thinking twice.

Fortunately Taehyung agrees. "Yeah, maybe. I hope he comes today since we have.. OH SHOOT! Have you study yet?"

I raised my eyebrows. "What for?"

"CAUSE ITS FREAKING OUR EXAM TODAY!", he shout out loud causing me to widen my eyes.

"What the hell?!"

----

Suddenly, i become nervous once i step inside the classroom. I don't even know why. Maybe it was because of the sudden exam right after the school's break? I don't know. 

shoot! i wasn't ready for this exam thing!

Anyway, i was a little late today since me and Taehyung was in a incredible shock after talking about the exam. We didn't have a chance to gathered around with the others due to the time where the homeroom teacher will come.

As i step into the classroom, my teacher was already there. 

"Sorry, i was late", i said before i walk towards my seat. On my way there, Jimin's seat is empty. 

I went anxious and feels confuse because i thought he already arrived at the school.

"So class, as you may know today is your last examination that will determine where you go next. Unfortunately, the teacher have a last minute meeting just now. The examination will be postponed for tomorrow instead so you have one day left for seeking your exams", I couldn't help but to let out a sigh of relief after hearing that.

The students cheered - probably feeling the same way as me. 

"I will give you the arranged schedule for your exams today so please passed it to the one who absent for today. Ara, you can give this to Ji--"

"Let me do it, sir", i raised my arms up making Leah gasped in shock at my sudden volunteer.

"Well, okay whatever. Make sure you tell him about the exams tomorrow and give this to him, alright?", the teacher said while i nods in understanding as i get the paper from him. I went back to my seat when suddenly Leah whispered.

"Jinhye, why so sudden?", she asked.

I shrugs, "Probably because.. i need to talk to him?"

"Well, this is so unlike you"

"People changes"

The class started off smoothly and it times for break time. Leah quickly stormed out of the classroom without even waiting for me. I knitted my eyebrows together sensing her different behavior.

When i walk out of the classroom, i saw Hyerin walking alone. Seeing her walking alone like that make me remember about her past. I brush off the thought away and chased after her. I tap her shoulder causing her to turn around. 

"Oh Jinhye-ah! you startled me", she let out a chuckles while pressing her chest. I laughed, "Why are you walking alone, uh?"

"Nah, i just seems like wanting to be alone though. No important reason at all", she surrender probably knew what i was thinking of. I nodded.

"Well, atleast don't be so quiet like that. It really scared me", i joked.

She give off a weak smile, "Why?"

"You look like you get possessed by a ghost", i stuck my tongue out causing her to chase after me until we arrived at the canteen where the others is waiting for us.

----

Leah's POV

"Yeah, she  volunteer it herself. I was shock too", i said as i took a seat next to Jinhwan who patiently listening to my story about Jinhye.

He went wide eyes. "Maybe she had a reason?"

"I guess so. Probably she just miss to teasing him? But i guess.. remembering about the time where we meet Namjoon, Jimin automatically put on a serious face. I guess that is why he shut Jinhye off?", i said as my instinct kick me in.

Jinhwan chew on his food before nodding. "I think it made sense too. Oh, talking about Namjoon.. i suddenly remember about yesterday"

I stare at his brown eyes before asking, "What is it?"

"I saw him with Namjoon in one restaurant. Jimin's eyes are very cold when he keep on looking at Namjoon. I was happen to pass by to buy a foods and drinks that you asked me for and you do know that i am capable in reading people's lips so I'm able to catch what they're talking right?", he paused.

I nods. "From what i see, Namjoon's lips reads 'Jinhye' and the next is 'Fiancee' from what i see. Then i walk away afraid to get caught by them", Jinhwan continued.

I went speechless. What is the relation between Jinhye.. and the word fiancee as Jinhwan had mentioned? Is that mean that Namjoon is Jinhye's fiancee? But it can't be true right? Jinhye never talk about anything related with Namjoon at all.

Speaking of the devil, I heard Jinhye's footsteps coming closer to our table along with Hyerin behind her. I shrug the thought off and nudge Jinhwan's arms to act normal again.

"You guys are late", i said.

Jinhye made a face, "Excuse me? You are the one who left me behind without waiting for me", she sulks while i felt sorry for it since i was too eager to tell this interesting news towards Jinhwan.

"Ehehe, sorry. I was rushing", i give her my sweet smile while she avoided it.

"Whatever", she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Hyerin then took a seat in front of us beside Jinhye in silence. Damn, i don't really like to see her being quiet today since she usually loud and noisy. It feel uncomfortable when she doesn't speak a word.

"Aren't you guys eating?", i asked breaking the silence atmosphere.

"Nah, i'm good", Jinhye replied while she playing with her phone.

"I don't really feel hungry though", Hyerin sheepishly smile.

I nodded. I exchanged looks with Jinhwan since i'm unsure of what to say with this awkward silence since Jinhye in her own world while Hyerin keep looking outside of the window in a deep thought. I sighed.

Just then, Taehyung came up to us.

"Hello guyss!", he slumped his next to Jinhye with a proud smile.

"I'm glad that the exam will be postponed for tomorrow instead. It will be a nerve-wrecking if today is the day ya know!", Taehyung continued.

"Yeah! i know right. I don't even study anything", Jinhye replied.

"Me too", Jinhwan and I said simultaneously and look away from each other after that due to the embarrassment.

"Hyerin, did you study when school break?", Taehyung ask with his head down on his arms while looking at Hyerin's direction. I can feel that Hyerin's cheeks went flushed red before she can ever answer. 

 

"No i didn't", she scoffed. "Who even?"

She made an absolute awkward laughs causing Taehyung to feel uneasy also. I sighed. I hope the plan Jinhwan and I are making will be fine. 

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆