..46

Friendship and Love

Hyerin's POV

It was getting late and Jinhye letting us to stay over night at her house since it was too dangerous to go home at this hour. shes being overprotective towards us is beyond our imagination. tsk tsk tsk.

So, here i was laying at the guest room together with Lea and the boys sleep in the living room.

I tossed myself around the bed causing Lea to looked pissed at me, "yah, can you just go to sleep already?"

I let out sighed and turned to her side, "Lea-ah~"

She let out frustrated sigh before turned around facing me with annoyed looks, "what?"

"do you think Taehyung went too overprotective towards Jinhye?" i nervously asks.

She immediately rose up from the bed, "what?! its impossible. why you think like that?" she said looking completely surprise at my words.

I also rise up from my laying spot and shrugs, "I don't know because i can feel it the way Taehyung treated Jinhye."

"From what i see, Taehyung has always been protective towards Jinhye. And it wasn't a surprise if he does went overboard sometimes since he does that to me too", Leah replied confused.

I bit my bottom lips. Why did i think of him that way anyway? Am i.. afraid?

"Hyerin", Leah called out. I turn around without responding her. She pat my shoulder with a sighed.

"I know this is kind of new to you. If you want to know, you can ask him directly. Don't let your feelings bottled up. I know, you had this special feelings for him, right? That is why you think like that. It's normal to think like that once you fall in love", Leah spat softly making me feel a little bit better.

I nods. She then pulled her blanket over to chest before she lay herself down on the comfortable bed and say, "Go to sleep Hyerin. Don't let this bother you".

I replied with a humms. I lay back down and blankly stare at the ceilings. When i close my eyes, I can't stop reminiscing about Taehyung affection towards Jinhye. The moment where Jinhye went depressed about Jinhwan and Leah, Taehyung will stood up for her, making sure she is alright. If it's come to Leah, she had already have Jinhwan who took care of her.

, this is so emotional.

It's okay Hyerin. You said you will be fine even if you're alone. Ever since i was in highschool, people always called me a nerd who always studied and always wore a oversized hoodie and clothes with a black jeans. That is why they always ask me to do their homework or replace their work. I didn't argue back. Yes. I hate arguing with people. I also hate to make a fuss which was why i always say 'yes' when they asked me.

Fortunately, Jinhye and Leah was the reason my life gets easier by now. They are the one who pull me out of the suffocating lifes. The dark world i was once live in, was now being replace by rainbow and unicorn, i know it sounds lame. Because of them i found myself, of who i really are and who am i now.

I really feel grateful to have friends like them. So, if Taehyung do have a feeling towards Jinhye, i will let him be. Why? Because she is my best friend and i want to do something that will make her happy again.

But seriously, like what Leah said, i need to ask Taehyung first before doing any decision. But isnt it obvious?

----

The next morning i woke up late than i ever did. I turn to my right and the space are empty. Leah must have awake already.

I heard noises from the kitchen. It must be them. I stand up and slowly making my way towards them.

"Good morning!", Leah greeted.

I rub my eyes with my finger. "What time is it actually?"

"11 am", Jinhwan simply replied.

That caught me off guard and my eyes become fully awake now. I snapped back to reality and furrowed my eyebrows when I only saw Jinhwan and Leah only here giggles at my reaction. Where is Taehyung and Jinhye?

Without thinking much, I rush to the bathroom hearing Leah and Jinhwan laughed at me. Gosh, i must look like a freak in their eyes.

----

Author's POV

Jinhye laughed after Leah told her about Hyerin reaction when she is the only one who haven't yet awakened. She then pour a clear water and gulped it down.

Jinhye look at Leah where she turned her attention back at Jinhwan and happily talking to each other while Taehyung had lost in the middle of the conversation which made him left out. Jinhye raised her eyebrows.

"Tae, what are you smiling at?", Jinhye went suspicious since Taehyung has been smiling like an idiot with his phone.

 

He went taken aback by it that he tried to hide his smile but fail. "Just watching some comedy." he let out an awkward smile and clear his throat acted like nothing happened.

Jinhye went confused but shrugs it off since she doesn't want to mind his business. Meanwhile, Taehyung couldn't stop staring at his phone because of one picture.

It was a picture of Hyerin when she still in her deep sleep with gape open drooling some saliva. Her one hand spread on the other side while the other hand was put on her stomach. Taehyung snickered thinking that it was kind of funny to see her like that and automatically his lips curved into a smile.

Not long after that, Hyerin came downstairs in rush where she just walk straight pass by them without greeting her friends at all nor looking at them.

"ayo Hyerin, I see that you overslept uh?", Jinhye wiggle her eyebrows teasingly makes Hyerin paused on her track. She shot her a death glare and went out of the house without saying any words.

Leah keep on staring at Hyerin who had dark circles under her eyes. She thought that maybe Hyerin must have been thinking about Taehyung last night which made her hard to sleep.

"Did she really just go home like that?", Taehyung asked with a confuse looks on his face.

"I think she have a bad day?", Jinhye guessed.

Taehyung bit his bottom lips in wondering at why Hyerin suddenly acted cold towards Jinhye? He knew exactly the answer. He knew that Hyerin was there listening at their conversation. He saw it in the corner of his eyes, Hyerin hurtful expression when she saw them.

And that was when he realized she misunderstood everything and slowly realizing her feelings towards him.

Leah who hear them just keep silent since she knew so well about Hyerin. But instead of telling them, she keep herself shut.

"So do we have any plan for today?", Taehyung suddenly said changing the topic.

"Hm, i don't think so", Jinhwan replied.

"Where else should we go anyway?", Jinhye uttered.

"Oh nevermind, we still have a week left before the breaks is over", Taehyung look down to his almost empty glass and took a one shot.

"Why? do you want to go somewhere?", Leah look to his cousin's direction and he nodded.

"Perhaps, i will go on a date with Jinhye today!", he showing his famous boxy smile towards Jinhye who already rolled her eyes right now.

----

Jinhye's POV

I think there shall be something bothering Hyerin ever since last night Leah told me she couldn't sleep. I wonder if Leah knows.

I check my phone and it was 3 pm.

I haven't see Jimin today. He don't even bother to text me or hangout with us for today. Thinking about last night, it must have bothering him about Namjoon.

Sighed. What is life.

"Come on Jinhye! Are you even listening or not?", Taehyung slammed the table slightly hard causing me to snap back to reality.

"What? Sorry i let my mind slip for a moment", i stated with a small chuckles escaped from my mouth.

"Is there anything that bothers you? Is it about Jimin?", Taehyung said as if he knew about what Jimin and I had encountered.

I shook my head not wanting to tell him, "No, it's nothing.."

Taehyung went serious and look me straight into my eyes, "Jinhye, i know when you lie. So tell me the truth."

Damn! How can he be so sure that i was lying? Am i that bad in lying? I sighed once again and keep silence. I avoid his stare and didn't say anything.

"Okay, i see that you have some matters with Jimin and didn't want to talk about it. But, Jinhye..", he paused searching for my eyes. I look to his brown eyes before he continue again, "Will you answer my question honestly now?"

I look down on the floor. "We'll see"

"No, i want you to be honest. Promise?", he whins but his eyes is so dead serious.

"Fine. What is it?"

"Did you have some special feelings for Jimin?"

••••••••••••••••••