..45

Friendship and Love

 Jinhye's POV

My lips went sealed. I don't know what to say. His action make me speechless with a sudden k-kiss. I can't stop staring at his face. The expression he wore. Seems like he's been waiting for this moment but it followed with sadness in his eyes.

It managed to made my heart beat vigorously since i don't expect him to be this serious.

When there are no answer from me, he let go of my waist and muttered, "Ah, this is stupid", i can hear him even though he mumbled.

"Let's go, the others might be waiting for us. I don't want to waste our time", he said and walk off before me. I left there dumfounded.

Why does he quickly changed emotion in just a second now? He seems so cold and upset. I want to ask but it's not the right time.

I decide to brush it off and walk after him to buy the food. Fortunately the queue aren't that long that it made us easier to order the food for the others. Jimin just went silence and his smile had been brush off from his face.

This made me uncomfortable.

We got our order and I was about to pay when Jimin already took out his money from his wallet and pay it. I stood awkward before insert my wallet back to my pocket.

After that, he head out to the parking lot. Through the journey, only the music from the radio made the atmosphere alive since we both just sat there, focusing on the road without uttered any word to each other.

It's almost reach to my house when suddenly Jimim said, "Please forget about what happen today. I must have overreacting", he softly said before pulling his break when we are now in front of the gate of my house.

I cleared my throat, "Oh, uh- thats- fine.."

He tilted his head towards me, "Don't be serious. I won't be coming to your house since something came up at home"

"What will i say to them?", i asked slightly confused.

"Just say that i have a matter to solve",  he smile warmly making my heart beating like crazy. I shouldn't stay with him for so long right now.

"Ok then", i said before i grabbed the plastic which contain the food we ordered just now and get off from the car.

But before i close the door i took the chance to thanked him about buying the food for us and that he should take some rest. He nodded and watch as I went inside before he pull over from my house.

Just when i open the door revealing my friend on the living room, as if on cue, all of them turn their head towards me at the same time.

"Yes!! FOOD IS HERE", Taehyung exclaimed before going to me followed by Leah and Jinhwan.

"What? Jinhye and Jimin already here?", Hyerin said while she peeked through the kitchen's wall.

"Yeah, Jimin buy this for you all", I tell them.

Leah took the plastic and place it on top of the dinner table. "Where is Jimin anyway?", asked Taehyung curiously.

"Uh, he got something to do at home", i said just as what Jimin had told me to.

Even though i knew for sure that there's must be something wrong that went through his mind which making him like this. There should be a reason on why he acted that way.

Unconsciously, i touch my lips remembering about the sudden kissed and went blushed.

--

Jimin's POV

I threw myself onto my bed restless. I tossed around and stare on the ceiling with a mixed feelings in me.

The thoughts of Jinhye just now went back to my mind. I mean, why did i do that crazy yet embarassing thing to her?

When i saw her face, I can't stop to want to make her mine. Like, i want to ripped out everyone's eyes who stare at her. I know i am over reacting but i can't help myself.

Ugh, how should i face her again?

Questions ran through my mind once again. About why and how she met Kim Namjoon. And why must it be him when there is plenty of other guys that she can't work with?

If Jinhye keep on being with Namjoon.. then..

Aish no!

A sudden fear crept into my mind. I don't want my past will repeat itself. I close my eyes as i recall my memories with him whom i so called my bestfriend back in London.

flashback~

I was walking around in the neighborhood to ease my mind from study. I had a bestfriend while staying in here but he just a year older than me. It doesn't matter to me anyway.

He is a smart guy and genious that everyone envy about him. He is one of the top class in my school. He is very charming guy, had a dimple on his cheek and the most i hate thing about him, whatever he hold onto something it will be broken or damage.

His name is Kim Namjoon a guy who also been there for me, being supportive, a good adviser. I was so lucky to have him as my friend. I knew him because he is my neighbors next door. Anyway, he is taller than me which every girl found it attractive about him plus with his handsome face.

I look out of the window where i saw him broke another things again and laughed when the girl said. "He is cute yet clumsy", they said and laugh.

I huffed. Whatever. The morning class then started. Students rush to went inside their classes. Namjoon, sadly, is not the same class as mine but his class is next door.

Our homeroom teacher then came in, "Silence student. We got a new student here from Korea, please come in"

The door slide open revealing a girl with black hair. She have a fair white skin and everything about her seems so perfect and gorgeous.

"Hi, my name is Anna. Please take good care of me", she bowed politely. The student applaused and whistles. She then took a seat at the very front since it's the only empty seat.

A month after she is here, she showed us a good result as a student. Teachers always praised her since she always the top no. 1, defeating Violet who always took the first place before Anna came. Students started to like her. Male students will always gave her presents and a letter for their confession towards her but she never accept any of them yet.

It was that day when i decide to come to the rooftop since i have a bad result in my exam. Strangely the door of the rooftop has been open. It usually locked from what I remember.

I slowly open the door when i saw a bag at the corner. "Who's bag is this?", i said.

I marched forward and that was where I saw Anna. Her face is covered with her black long hair. A smoke heaved out from . Is she.. smoking?

"Anna?", i called out.

She paused and turn towards me. Her expression, her eyes watered and red. She is crying. But why? She quickly wipe her tears away when she saw me and pretended to be okay when i already saw her sad face.

"Oh, Jimin-ah. Have a seat", she said as i sat beside her.

"Why are you up here?", i asked.

She took in the smoke inside before exhaling. "It feels nice. I have always been here before", she paused. "Why are you here?"

I went taken aback, "I thought i need some time", i chuckles. It was silence again when i decided to continue on the conversation.

"Why are you crying?", there are no respond from her. I said again, "If you need someone to talk you, I'm always here", i smiled at her.

She look down on the ground before she finally speaks everything. "There is a reason why i move here. My family always push me to study hard and not to give up. If i didn't get 95% above, i will get yelled at and sometimes they didn't let me eat. That is why, i study hard. Exploding my brain. And then get into this school. My family assured me to get scholarship which i wish i don't want. But have to"

I went wide eyed. It must be tough to have family like that. How can she witstand with the pain and the difficulties she went through?

"Don't give me that look. I am alright. Once i get my scholarship, this pain will be end", she continued.

"Im-i'm so sorry for that", i said feeling guilty.

"It's okay. Sometimes you have to be in pain in order to achieve what you want", she said before she rest her head on my shoulder. It made my heart beat faster sending butterflies to my stomach.

It was such a great day.

"Where have you been, Jimin?", asked Namjoon when the break time has over. I went blushed.

"I- i just walk around the school anyway", i lied. Sorry Namjoon.

"Oh, okay. Are we up for tonight?", he asked. And i nodded. We planned on going out for tonight to karaoke.

I went home with him also and we saw Anna getting outside of the school's gate. She sees me and bid a goodbye. Her eyes seems glittering.

Namjoon went froze for a little and his face reddened. Anna turn around and walk off before us.

"Yo, let's go", i said as i nudge my arms towards him. He respond a little too late before nodding.

After i went back home, my mother sat at the living room with a wide smile. "My dear son! Come take a sit", she said. I went confused but do as she said.

"What's with that happy face?", i chuckles.

"My friend finally come here. She also had a daughter, and she also agreed to set you up with her daughter!", she exclaimed. My smile then brush off.

"Mom, I don't want any blind date. The last time you set me up is with that crazy girl who embarassed me in front of everyone!"

"No, this one i confirm you will like her", she winked.

I sighed. Another blind date.

"When?"

"Tonight! At 8 pm, will send you the address later", my mom said when she handed me the address of the restaurant. Very hyper.

"What?! I can't go tonight, i have plan with Namjoon", i said slightly annoyed.

"You can postpon your meeting with Namjoon. That girl is waiting for you!"

"Ugh, mom...", i rolled my eyes before going upstairs to get ready. I was shocked when my mother had prepared the clothes for my blind date later.

I quickly went shower and it has 7:30 pm when i finished. I wore the clothes lazily and went downstairs where my mom has been waiting for me.

"Go go go!", she said and handed me the key of her Mercidies car. I walk off before kissed her cheeks and drove to the restaurant.

When i arrived, i waited for the girl to arrived at my table. The bell of the restaurant jingle. I hope she didn't come. But then, a sound of her voice is behind me.

"Excuse me?", she tapped my shoulder and i turn around. When my eyes meet her, my lips went sealed. It was Anna.

"Hey?! Omg, Jimin?", she said, shocked to see me.

"Anna! what are you doing here?", i asked.

"Blind date.. ugh", she rolled her eyes and paused. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh.. i guess we both have the same reason", when i said that, she went surprised. So my blind date is actually Anna? What a coincidence!

"Have a seat", i politely said as i drag the chair for her. She smiled and chuckles. "Thank you"

We talked a little bit that night and i finally know how is she actually are. We have some similarities about our hobbies also which was singing and dancing.

The next morning, I didn't go to the rooftop since it was awkward. But today, strangely she was being too happy as her smile doesn't brush off from her face. Seeing her smile, making me smile too. I found it beautiful.

I decide to confess to her later after school. I've got these feelings when my heart suddenly fluttering if i saw her smile, her laughs. but what if she doesn't liking me back? i brush it off and think positive.

So i wait for her outside school when Namjoon came up to me, "who are you waiting for?"

"Anna. i was waiting for her." i nervously said and Namjoon rolled his eyes and patted my shoulder. "goodluck on confessing her then." with that, he walked away leaving me.

I was so dumb at that time didn't knew his feelings. I should have known when hes acting weirdly around me.

I saw her walking with her friends talking happily and I get my courage up headed towards her. "Anna, would you give me your time?"

She looked happy to see me, "sure. okay girls, see ya tomorrow." her friends just giggle because knowing that I will confess to her.

She turn her head towards me, "what is it, Jimin?"

I took a deep breath and finally say, "i like you. i want you to be my-"

I was cut off when she crashed her lips with mine. I was startled at her sudden action. She broke the kiss, "is that asnwering your question?"

My mouth gape opened and shyly rubbed at the back my head, "i guess." she just laughed at my silliness and thats when we started to dating.

Everything is so perfect with her and i'm happy that she getting along with Namjoon. Until one day our exam finally over and for to release our tension i wanted to bring Anna to watch a movie later tonight and bring along Namjoon too.

I called both of them, they aren't pick up their call. I was searching for them everywhere in the school, still no sign of them.

A light bulb popped in my head and i went to the rooftop. our usual hangout but why do i have uneasy feelings?

So i went to the rooftop and to my surprise the door are slightly open and some voices can be heard. I peeked on the door and saw that wasn't my expectations at all.

I saw Namjoon with his hand place on her waist, pulling her closer to his body before crashing his lips to her.

Anna, i thought she loved me. But now, i know what the reason behind her smiles. Namjoon must have confess to her.

How blind i was to not realized the looks of Namjoon when he looks at Anna?

Since that day, I didn't talk to Namjoon and told my mother to stop giving me a blind date. Then, i decide to go back to Korea leaving my past behind. Wishing everything will slowly turn into a dust.