..39

Friendship and Love

Author's POV

"How is she doc?", Mr Oh asked when the doctor have finished checking Jinhye.

The doctor pack his stuff before saying, "She suffer from lack of nutrients in her body and lack of sleep. Her body went exhausted if she doesn't eat any food and didn't sleep. This kind of illness usually comes with depression. I suggest you to let her rest for a day and tell her to eat some food. She need nutrients in order for her to heal. Here's the medicine"

Mr Oh gladly accept the medicine. "Thank you doc. Let me send you off", Mr Oh gestured him out of the room until outside of the house after he handed the medicine to Jimin.

Jimin, on the other hand, place the medicine on top of the cupboard next to her. He sat down on the space beside her while looking at her sleeping face.

He sighs. "If only.. i can be true to myself.. i would've told you earlier. Do i.. like you?", Jimin mumbled unaware of Jinhye's consciousness.

The thoughts of what Taehyung had just said to him downstairs hit him very hard. Jimin also unsure of himself. But after he recalled back the memories of Jinhye's face, either it was a sad or happy expression, he can't help but to smile.

"I think.. i really do like you", Jimin answered himself. He smiled brushing Jinhye's hair to the side.

Meanwhile, on downstairs, the rest of them had arrived. Leah and Hyerin rushed upstairs. Just when they open the door, it reveals Jimin who sleep on the couch beside Jinhye.

They didn't want to awake him but he did it himself. Leah and Hyerin exchanged looks. Jimin went awakes when he heard some chattered behind him. He rub his eyes and stood up.

Jimin then went out of the room after knowing Jinhye's friends are here. He also felt embarassed.

"He must have been worried about her..", Hyerin utter.

Leah slowly approach Jinhye and sat on the chair beside her while Hyerin sat on the bed. The both of them spend their time looking worriedly at Jinhye with the feeling of guilt inside them when they remember all the things had happened to her and how blind they have been.

-

Jimin went downstairs with his messy hair and led himself to the kitchen to take a gulp of water. Soon after, Mr Oh went passed the kitchen but then halted once he discover Jimin.

"Jimin..", Mr Oh called out. Jimin quickly turns around upon hearing his name being called.

"Yes? Mr Oh?"

"Thank you, for worrying about her", Mr Oh sends out a reassuring smile. Jimin went embarrassed.

"It's not a problem, Mr Oh"

Mr Oh then gave him a sad looks. "I'm sorry, i wish it could have been you.."

Jimin went confused. "What do you mean, Mr Oh?"

"It's nothing", Mr Oh hold his tongue from saying the things he shouldn't have. He then excused himself to go to Jinhye's room.

After Mr Oh left Jimin in confusion, Jinhwan then came inside the kitchen, "Hey"

Jimin turned his head at Jinhwan, "oh Jinhwan...what is it?"

He then smiled at Jimin, "thank your for taking care of her."

Jimin shook his head, "come on.. its not a big deal. she is our friend who are in need our support."

Jinhwan leaned himself on the counter with a sighed. Jimin tilted his head to the side to look at his expression, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know what to do to Jinhye. I mean, i want to be there for her but you know.. she is very stubborn to handle with", Jinhwan kept his eyes on the ground thinking of Jinhye.

Jimin chuckles, "From what i see, Jinhye is as cold as ice but certainly, her heart will melt anyway. What i wanna say, Jinhye push everyone out doesn't mean she can be on her own, if someone have pursued and force her, she will eventually do it. Not to forget her nagging"

"That's true. I guess you really know her uh?"

Jimin went speechless, "Not really"

He knew nothing about Jinhye at all. But he knows what is in her heart and the feelings she hide. He just don't really know Jinhye's background but it wasn't a matter for Jimin at all.

Taehyung then joined them. They then spend the nights by talking about random staff.

--

Jinhye's POV

My head feels a little bit lighter after taking some medicine. I slowly open my eyes as the sunray hits my face.

My head feel a little bit dizzy but it don't really hurt so much compared to yesterday. I need to let out my sweat for today.

I tie my hair into a ponytail before i brush my teeth, wash my face then went downstairs for cleaning time. On my way down, i smell something delicious that it made my stomach rumble in hunger.

"Hmm.. the smells are addictive", i murmured.

I thought it was one of my maids, but now that i remembered, i let my maid to have a one week off since i don't want to be bothered.

As i reached the entrance of the kitchen, i saw a back familiar figure of a guy. His hand are busy cooking something.

I then clear my throat to get his attention since i knew who it might be. He then turn around hearing me, "Good morning", he greeted.

"Why are you in my house?", I directly asked him.

Jimin went focus on his cooking after that while saying, "Don't get me wrong, I don't sleepover at your house. Mr Oh give me a spare key of  just in case i want to be here. So, i thought maybe i just gonna prepare you some food when Mr Oh went to do some business. I was thinking to leave after preparing the food but oops! i got caught by you"

He laughed. I rolled my eyes then went to my refrigerator to take some clear water. With a glass on my hand, i took a peek on what he is cooking.

Oh, it was a Berry Parfait. More like a yogurt. I do craving for fruits though. Did he read my mind? Sighed.

"Here, all done. Don't judge my design okay..", Jimin snickered.

"What's matter is the taste", i replied. I took my spoon with me and taste the yogurt he had made.

It taste so smooth, i can taste the blendered berries. Oh whatever it was a perfection!

"I didn't know you are so good in making this"

Jimin lighted up by the sudden compliment, "Ah, it's nothing. I just follow the recipes", he brushed at the back of his head shyly.

He clears his throat as i continued the foods he making for me. "so how is your feeling now?"

"good for now." i simply said. "where are the others?"

"going home already."

I raise my eyebrow in confusion, "home? is that mean they overnight at my house?"

He nodded his head and took my empty plate away and put it on the sink.

I just sighed and stood up, "Jimin, let me wash it. you already making me breakfast and took care of me."

He stopped washing and turn around, "yeah sure."

I quietly washed the dishes while he just played with his phone. "thank you Jimin, for everything you had done." i softly said at him.

"no problem."

once i finished wash the dishes, i wipe my hands with a clean towel and headed towards the living room.

i was in a deep thought thinking about Mr Oh words the other day.

Jimin took a seat next to me and switch on TV. i didn't realize about it making Jimin furrowed his brow.

"you seems in deep thought. what is bothering you?"

I snapped my thought away and nervously say, "nothing. i was thinking about school."

"well, if there is something bothering you can talk about it with me."

I heaved a sigh before say, "its just about their work and everything they had. i will take over from now on. and its quite pressure to handle since i'm only 18 years old, didn't knew anything about business." i blurted out everything that i stressed out.

"is that mean starting from now on?" he confusedly asks.

"no, i told Mr Oh i wasn't ready for it and he will be the one incharge for it at the moment." i said slightly lies since i don't want him or anyone to know about my situation yet.

"is your parents share all of their property to you?"

I sadly nodded but just before he opened his mouth, a doorbell can be heard. I was about to stand up when he stopping me.

"i will get it." i just obeyed his words and blew my bangs out of my face in frustrated.

"is her fever went down?"

"does she vomit everything she ate? because knowing she will once she sick."

"did she become lazy on her bed?"

"she doesn't take a bath, isn't she?"

I frowned when I heard my friends talking nonsense about me.

"guys, i still can hear you. gosh, you're all unbelievable. yah, Hyerin! since when i didn't take a bath, uh?! god!" i frustrated said when they were surprised seeing me sitting here in the living room.

"JINHYE!"

Leah and Hyerin were the first one to react and giving me a hug. It was suffocating since two people giving me a tight hug as i just poke Hyerin and Leah's side.

"hey, what was that for?!" Hyerin said out of annoyance and broke the hug.

I just laughed but that laugh went down when i coughed instead of laughing.

Taehyung pinched my cheeks and smirk, "how are ya feelings, uh? did my man doing a great job in taking care of you?"

I don't know why i become shy at it but i snapped his hands away from my cheek before he saw me blushing to death.

Jimin awkwardly coughs when he hear that and turn his attention at TV acted like he doesn't hear anything.

Jinhwan were giving me a reassuring smile and patted my head, "we miss you."

with that simple words, i finally realize that they were all here with me all the time, giving me a support and help me to wiling letting go of my parents slowly.

i should be strong and keep in mind that i wasn't alone. I've got myself a friends which i consider them as a family.