..25

Friendship and Love

Hyerin's POV

I stirred my Vanilla Shake with the straw as i got lost in my deep thoughts. I've been thinking on why Taehyung wanted to meet me for today.

I've received his text at 4 in the morning! Just, didn't he sleep or what? Was it that urgent for him to want to meet until he texted me so early?

I huffed. I shouldn't be thinking about it. But what was more frustrating was that, I've been here earlier than the person who wanted to meet me. Like.. what the hell?

The bell of Coffee Bean's door jangled. I narrowed my eyes towards the open door and speaking of the devil, there he is.

He gave me his boxy smile before he took a seat infront of me it's as if nothing happen. I just look at him with my serious looks not until he realized it.

"What's wrong?", he said after he took his order.

I clenched my jaw, "Don't you have anything to apologize to me?"

He knitted his eyebrows together while pretending to think about what i am just saying.

"Uhhh.. no", he slowly stated. I scoffed.

"You're unbelievable! you just text me at 4am telling me to come here in the early morning just to meet you and tell me not to be late but then you are the one who keep me waiting!", i huffed and took a slurped on my drinks looking sideways.

He chuckled at my behavior making me mad even more. "What are you laughing at? It's not funny"

"Cream", he pointed at his side lips on the right. I follow his lead but he shook his head. I kept on trying to find where the spot he were pointing but suddenly without a cue, he extended his thumb out to wipe my lips.

I froze on my position. What just happen?

He smiled and went back to his seat. He wipe his finger with a tissue and said, "gross"

I scoffed, "Jerk"

He glare at me and heaved a sigh. "I'm not here to argue with you okay. I come in peace. I need help"

"Help? you are capable of everything. Why need my help?", i asked still clueless.

"Can i finish my sentence first?", he crossed his arms to his chest. He leaned back on the chair while waiting for me to shut up. I zipped my mouth and tell him to proceed.

"Thank you. Uhm this may be awkward but i need you to help me in setting me up with Jinhye. I mean, not as a date, but let us.. meet each other in coincidence", he said in his deep serious tone.

"What are you trying to say? Can you be more specific? My mind having a hard time to process it", i said before he continued.

He sighs, "I will be honest. I want to know about something and i need Jinhye to help me to confirm it"

I raised my eyebrows, "Then why would you need my help when you can just go with Jinhye?", i made a duh face.

"Damn, you sure are dumb. It can't be that easy you know. I just want you to set a date like maybe you are hanging out with her then we accidentally meet and then i try to bring Jinhye somewhere", he said while i still blanked.

"Aish just hang out with Jinhye and inform it to me, got it?", he said and i just nodded hesitantly.

What does he thinking? Im not sure if helping him would do any good but, I'll try.

We talked some more about random things and i get to know him more deeper. Taehyung are much more softer inside if you get to know him. And your mind will automatically think that, he is different. He had a unique mind and that why you sometimes couldn't understand what he said. But eventually, he will explain it to you in different method which easier for you.

And that's why his personality are perfect for me.

Just then, the bell jangled again. I peeked through it since Taehyung went to the bathroom for a moment.

When i saw the person, i quickly hide my face. I'm not sure if it's work but i lower my head and hide it with my dark brown hair.

I heard a footsteps coming towards me. My heart beat abruptly faster thinking of what they're going to do.

"Hey", they said. I slowly lifted my chin up towards them. They smirked and laughed seeing me.

"So it's true. It's you uh, Hyerin?"

"How long has it been?"

Jess said. The memories of the past came back to my head. A fear crept into me. It's been so long since they've been kicked out of school and why now, out of all the time, why must here? at this moment?

"Why are you so quite?", Sally said while push my head with her one finger.

I just stay silence since i don't want to made a scene in here. Moreover, there's Taehyung.

"Did you come here alone? where is that friend of yours which help you? I want to kick her right now", Jess mocked and flipped her hair.

I feel like want to puke seeing them. "What's that have to do with you? Don't you have any better things to do other than being a busybody? I'm ashame"

For the first time, i finally said it. I finally overcome my fear.

Jess taken aback by what i said and gritted her teeth. She pulled my hair making me yelped in pain, "trying to be strong? I don't think so, you're just the same scaredy cat as you are from the past. Don't you dare mocking me in here"

I kept on trying to let her grip off my hair but she were just too strong. I wrinkled my face holding in the pain.

"You just haven't change right? When will you learn your lesson, Jess?", i bravely shot back. She eventually let go of my hair.

"Do you want me to drag her to the toilet? I know how much you miss to drink the water in that toilet", Miran finally spoke up.

I gulped in fear as they came towards me. Miran grabbed my arms to let me stood up by force and dragged me to the toilet along with Sally on my left arm. I kept on struggled until they were tired of me but they just won't let go which catch the attention of the customer in that restaurant.

"Let her go"

I look up in panting to the voice infront of me.

Miran and Sally eventually let go of me as they saw Taehyung walking towards us.

The three of them went speechless when Taehyung shoved me to his side. He eyeing me up and down making sure I wasn't hurt and his eyes changed.

"If i ever see your face again, i will no longer be nice", with that said he held my hand and walk to the exit.

I could hear them squealed from behind but i can careless. Taehyung just held my hand. And he look even much more upset now.

I wonder, what makes him looking like that? Do he know them?

----

Taehyung's POV

I didn't realize it's already 7 o'clock in the morning. It seems like I caught in time, worried about Hyerin.

The incident just now, I feel bad at Hyerin. If I didn't leave her alone, they wouldn't bothering her. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear her voices.

"are you okay, Tae?" she asked in concern.

I sadly look at her, "I should be asking you, not the other way round."

she chuckles, gosh! why she seems so better after what they did to her. "Tae, are you concern about me?" she said with an amusement looks.

she looks cute when she makes that face. it's looks like a child seeing a big lollipop in front of her eyes.

I ruffles her hair, "yeah. and I knew about them."

"who told you?"

I shrugs, "Lea told me."

She let out a sighs, "as I predicted."

I halted on my track and turn her around so she facing me, "You should be strong. don't let those get over you. prove to them that you are not the old Hyerin anymore. The old Hyerin was always they making fun of you, nerd, don't have many friends but now you've change! you're not going to be like that anymore sittings around doing nothing. this time you're fight! fight for yourself."

She just stand there looking dumbfounded at what I am saying. Suddenly, she curve into a big smile. "you're right, Tae! nice an advice you've got there."

When she said that, I don't know why my heart suddenly beating so fast and blush at her words.

"It's time for school." She suddenly said which makes me automatically give her my smile.

"Aren't we going?" I smirks. She widen her eyes and slap her forehead, "Aigo, of course we are. I can be forgetful sometimes."

-----

As we arrived at school, I saw the others gathering around as if they waiting for me and Hyerin.

I widen my eyes when I finally realize that she's still with me and they must be questioning why we're coming to school together?

Before I make a move, Jinhye hawked eyes saw us and she suddenly smirks, "Oh look, there they are."

All of their head turn to us, Hyerin looks confuse for a moment before realize what was happening.

"Guys, it's not what you think is." She defend herself. I nodded agreed at what she said.

Jinhye fake gape, I feel like I want to knock her down to give her some senses. "Are you sure? Did Taehyung ever done something bad at you, Hyerin?"

That's it. she test my patience and I had enough of her. I approached her and knocked her head, "what the hell are you thinking?"

She yelped in pain, "I was joking around, geez"

They all laughed and I shakes my head in disbelief.

I look around and there is no Jimin nowhere to be found. "Hey, where is Jimin anyway?" I asked with confusion looks.

Not long after that, I saw him walking down the corridor with his hands on his pocket.

He seems like he doesn't get enough of sleep, "You okay there buddy?" I asked out of concern.

He yawned before answered, "yeah just a bit sleepy."

In the corner of my eyes, I saw that Jinhye giving Jimin a dead glare. I don't even know why shes like that. Did Jimin pissing her off or something?