..34

Friendship and Love

Jinhye's POV

I was at the beach right after i finishing my shower and my daily routine. I haven't talk with Lea or Hyerin when we eating lunch together. Jinhwan has been asking me what happened but i just shrugged it off didn't want to talk about it.

Taehyung looked at me in curiosity but still i didn't want to talk about it. I slumped my on the sand and brought my knees up to my chest. I rested my chin on my knees and close my eyes for a moment enjoying the sound of the waves in the beach, birds chirping and a comfy wind breezing on my face making my hair blew in the air.

Without my realize, a tears slowly roll down on my cheeks. I don't know what I'm feeling right now. A few months ago, i just broke up with him because of hes someone's fiancee behind my back and then i met Jimin the jerk who came into my life just like that.

Then, my parents who were never at home always on their business trip leaving their only daughter behind. My life wasn't actually happy like everyone think. outside i may smiling but inside they don't know how empty, alone i felt when i'm at home.

I always tried to get my parents attention, wants to having a sweet talk family bounding like every family should do but that won't happened.

I opened my eyes and look around at the beach where all the families laughing together when their kids digging their parents on sand, chasing around.. I bitterly smile at the thought of it because i never felt that since i was a kid.

The only that i felt happiest was i lucky have Jinhwan being my childhood friend. he always there when i was depressed, he makes my day brighter. my parents and his parents were closed friends and his parents were nice, caring at me unlike my own parents.

He always nagging when i don't do my homework, took care of me when i was sick and since then i don't know why i don't tell him before that i liked him? why i can't realize that sooner?

I wiped my tears away and breath out to calm myself down. I suddenly remembered about Jimin, when i think of him...my lips broke into a small smile.

I guess what Lea and Hyerin said back there is true. Maybe its time for me to move on and let my heart accept someone who truly love me unconditionally but i'm afraid...i'm afraid of my past keep haunting me. and I don't want another second heartbreak...it was hurt like hell. even until now i can't still forgive Hanbin for what he had done for me.

I didn't realize that someone clear his throat making me jumped in startled. I looked to my side and playfully slap his arms, "you idiot! next time say hello not just by 'ehem'! you want me to die because of heart attack, uh?"

Jinhwan laughed, "now my old Jinhye is back! geez, i was searching everywhere for you but you nowhere to be found then i saw you here sitting like a lost puppy. whats you got in your mind? minda sharing?" he curiosity asking me while I stare at the sea in ease.

"i was suddenly thinking about my parents, Jinhwan. you know so well about it." I sadly stated as i heard him sighing.

"Jinhye-ah, you know that your parents love you more than anything else, right?"

"i know, Jinhwan..gosh i hate talking with you really! your words makes sense! dang it!" I jokingly said while Jinhwan just shook his head.

Then, he wrapped his arms around my shoulder, "i know there is something else bothering you, so tell me what is it?"

I looked at where his landed and shrug his hands off me, "yes, there is..." i trailed off when Jinhwan raise his eyebrow at me.

This is it! i should tell him..its now or never..atleast he knows my feelings..and hopefully it went well..

He snap his finger infront of me and I shook the thought away. "so you were saying?"

"have you ever wonder there is chances of us liking each other?"

The words that coming out from my mouth making him looked at me in confusion, "your point is?"

I took a deep breath and say, "i like you, Jinhwan. i know its a fool of me to not realizing it sooner or later but once i knew you are inlove with Lea.. I can't help it when there is a sudden my heart sank knowing you two liking each other..."

I looked at his reaction and its not what i was expected..the Jinhwan i know never give me this cold, emotional looks on me. He looked bewildered at me, "since when you..like me?"

"since we were kids?" i shyly said.

"but why now?" he asked me in disbelief.

"Jinhwan, that time i don't know this love feeling existed. not until when i know you and Lea were engaged."

"Jinhye, i..-"

"its okay, Jinhwan. i get it.. i know it shouldn't be this way..the reason i've been hiding my feeling til now is because i don't want to ruin our friendship and makes thing awkward between us...-"

"but you do now, Ahn Jinnye"

We heard Lea's voice speak from behind. Both of us turned our head round and a shock written over our faces. There is stood Lea with a drinks on her both hand but it spilled all over the sand. she had emotional, sad looks on her face. she looked disappointed and betrayed at the same time. i can read it her feelings from her face.

"Lea, its not what you think-"

"its not what I think?! oh wow! guess what Jinhye, ever since I've been asking you if you had feelings for him you said NO! then all this time YOU'VE BEEN LYING TO US? TO ME ESPECIALLY? UH? CARE TO EXPLAIN THAT?!" she furiously said and there is a sadness in her eyes.

I stood up and try to reach her but she took a step back, "DON'T.YOU.DARE.ING.NEAR.ME.!" she gritted her teeth as she said that.

Jinhwan tried to walk up at her when, "stop right there, Kim Jinhwan! i trusted you! did you also has the same feelings as her too?! uh?!"

I shook my head and Jinhwan desperately wants to go at her when she just shook her head,  "I can't believe this ! both of you a liar! is that why you've been distant to me, Jinhye?! uh?! I'm sorry if i take him from you! now hes all yours!" she threw her engagement ring and ran away from us.

Jinhwan run to catch her up while i was just stood there ,froze on my spot didn't believe this really happening.

I shook my head aggressively and mutter, "this is all my fault! i should keep my mouth shut! no! Lea thinking that i try to steal him from her! no! this can't be happening! she misunderstood! fck! fck!"

I took her engagement ring and before i knew it i was crying my heart out. i never meant to all of this happened. i was just wants to let it out since i don't want to keep my feelings anymore. i don't know Lea been heard our conversation since then.

I was crying until i get an attention from people around her probably wondering why i was crying. I fell down on my knees and clutches my chest because its hurt. my bestfriend just misunderstood the whole situation.

I see a shadow infront of me when I lifted up my head with my eyes full with tears i saw Hyerin with a worried looks but at the same time sad expression, "is that true? you liked Jinhwan?"

I nodded my head once and buried my face on my palm. I was too ashamed to look Hyerin at the moment. She kneeled down and out of sudden she hugged me.

yes this is what i need! a comfort hug! i hugged her back with my face buried on her shirt. I don't care if i soaked her shirt with my tears but right now i just want someone really know my situation.

Hyerin my back in comfort didn't realized her eyes forming tears also.

"Jinhye-ah~"

"No, please~ i didn't mean it that way. i was trying to let out my feelings for a moment because i can't handle it whenever i'm depressed. Hyerin, please tell me that you're not judging me! please! I'm not taking Jinhwan away from her!"

She shooed me and I just continued to cry. What i didn't know is that Taehyung and Jimin been witnessed all the scene that happened.

"what did you think will happen, Tae?"

Taehyung looked at my current state and sadly said, "I don't know.."

----

No One POV

The four of them went to the girls room because they had no mood to go anywhere since there is some conflict between Jinhye and Lea.

Jinhye been biting her nail in nervous and keep mumbling something that they hardly to understand what she was saying.

They heard a door being opened and incoming Lea with her blank looks. Jinhye abruptly stood up from her seat and grab Lea's wrist from stopping her going any further.

"Lea, please let me explain-"

She harshly yanked her hands off from Jinhye's grips, "there is nothing to explain, Ahn Jinhye." she snapped.

Jinhye widened her eyes and lower her head down, "I'm sorry. I didn't meant to all of this. i was just-"

"i said ENOUGH! you lied to me! you betray me!"

A silence fills in their room and nobody open their mouth to say something. But Jinhye the first one to speak, "I'm sorry...thats all i can say..."

Lea laughed sarcastically at her, "oh, wow. did you expect me to accept that, uh?!"

Jinhye fall down on her knees and lower her head, "Lea, please~ if you let me explain-"

" this ! I'm outta here!" as Lea were about to go out, Taehyung stopped her. She giving him her most annoyed looks, "the are you doing?!"

"i'm your cousin! please, just hear her out before you go into judgment! act like an adult for once!"

"oh now you backing her up rather than your own cousin?! did you like her so much till you go against me, uh?!"

"i'm no one side, Lea. i was just trying to make everything logical here. so hear her out then you can go with your decision, will you?"

Lea smirked, "the answer is NO."

She looked at Jinhye in disgusted, "Get out of here ! I don't want to see your face here! i hate you!"

All of them looked at Lea in shocked because didn't expect that she would say something harsh towards Jinhye.

Jinhye also looked surprised, "I..fine..i'm going.." with that she stood up and pack her things up.

"where are you going?" Jimin confusedly asked.

"i'm going back to Korea."

"no! your not going anywhere without us!" Hyerin hissed.

"but this is her choice and beside I don't want to make things hard for us. i let all of you take a space and time." Jinhye softly said while Lea rolled her eyes in annoyed.

She stopped in middle her walk and tilted her head to Lea, "i let you know that i used to like him but not anymore. i want to let it out all of my feelings because i feel so depressed since my parents haven't keep in touch with me. i guarantee you there is nothing between me and him. i knew him so well that he love you a lot. so, i'm sorry if my confession become a shock to you." with that she went out from the room causing Lea become speechless at her words.

Jimin went out of the room try to catch her. He grabs her arms before she enter the elevator. "what the hell were you thinking?!"

He looked suprised seeing Jinhye's crying face. He knew that Jinhye was break down and blame it on herself.

"Jimin, please~ don't~" she helpless said.

"no! after this is happened, you just want to walk away like that? seriously?! are you out of your mind?!"

"yes i am~ please~ i just want to go home~ i can't barely see her anymore~"

"fine, but let me take you instead."

Jinhye shook her head and enter the elevator. Jimin trying to reach her but it was too late, the door had been closed. The last time he see was Jinhye's eyes. Its full of sadness and emptiness and loneliness.

Jimin ruffles his hair in frustration. He didn't know what to do at this moment.

He went back to the room and headed towards Lea. He harshly spun her around making Lea looks scared under his gaze. "will you stop behave like a kid and listen to her for once?!"

"did you know why she hiding her feelings from all of us?! its because of us! its because she don't want to ruin the friendship that you all build! you're all are her family that she can count on it!"

Jimin outburst making Lea widened her eyes in surprised! it is because she had never seen Jimin mad at this rate like really mad not just her but all of them were  surprised at Jimin's shocking mad.

Lea lowered her head in ashamed, it feels like Jimin's deep word does really hit her. Jimin let go of her shoulder and let out a frustrated sighs.

"I only knew all of you in a less than a month except Taehyung but this is not the way to solve the problem."

Jimin looked at Jinhwan seriously, "Jinhwan, when she tell you that she liked you..did you also feel the same way like her do?"

Jinhwan avoid all of their stare, "no, i don't. i only looked at her as my sister."

"its settle then. did you still not believing that?" Jimin asked at Lea who are still in shock.

She looked away, "I don't know..."

Hyerin stepped up, "I know this is still shocking for all of us but Jinhye is right. We need time to think and space especially for you two."

Taehyung nodded in agreed so does Jimin. Jinhwan looked at all of them then stop at Lea who are still avoiding him. "yes, we should.."

All of them were praying that this misunderstanding end well but they didn't know is that there will be a sad news brought them in sadness,tears,struggling to keep live especially to Jinhye.