CHAPTER EIGHT

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

It’s the engagement day. At first Chorong didn’t want to have an engagement party but her soon to be father-in-law insist it since he will only have on daughter-in-law and he want to show to everyone his daughter-in-law. Looking at how exited Mr. Kim was, Chorong agree on it. The function will start in about 3 hours from now. Chorong was still infront of her wardrobe wearing her robe choosing a dress. She doesn’t know which dress to wear. There is no suitable dress for that function. When she was still choosing, a doorbell ring. Chorong look at the clock and ask, “Who’s that?”

Then she walk to the door and look through eye hole camera. Then she smile because it was Namjoo. She opens the door for her. Namjoo smile and said “Hey there soon to be sister-in-law.”

Chorong smile and just say hi. Then she asks, “What are you doing here?”

“I bought something for you.”

Chorong ask Namjoo to come inside. Namjoo was holding a big branded shopping bag. Then Namjoo said, “Let’s go to your room and get you ready.”

Chorong just nod and take Namjoo to her room. Then Namjoo place the shopping bag on the bed and took a box in it. Then she opens it, took out the dress and shows it to Chorong. Chorong look at dress and was shock. The dress was so beautiful it was a y navy blue chiffon floor length A-line, O-Neck Beaded dress. 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6c37785a6a72424e346b6a7141673d3d2d3332333936353939302e313437656537393666656434346332393133343534373731323336322e6a7067

Then Namjoo said, “Go and change.” She gives Chorong the dress. Chorong took it and went to the bathroom to change. When she wears it, it fit her just nice. When she walks out the bathroom, Namjoo was shock. “Wow you look beautiful unnie. Oppa must be jealous and mad me since I get to look at how beautiful is his soon to be wife first.”

Chorong chuckle and walk to Namjoo. Namjoo told her to sit and said that she’ll do the makeup and hair. Before Namjoo able to do it, Chorong told her that she doesn’t like heavy makeup. She told Namjoo to make it simple and natural. Namjoo nod her head.

After done dressing Chorong up, Namjoo told her to look at the mirror. Chorong look at the mirror and smile. She felt beautiful. Namjoo did a really good job on her makeup and hair. It was simple, natural look apply a matte red lipstick, and her hair was done in an elegant bun.

Then Namjoo give her black stilettos, which she bought with her. Chorong wears it. Then she thanked Namjoo for the dress.

“Thanks Namjoo for the dress. Its so beautiful.”

“Don’t thanked me unnie. Thank oppa. His the one that bought this dress. I just choose it.”

“But still you choose it for me. Thank you.”

Namjoo smile and said, “Well then I deserve a hug.”

“Of course you do.” Chorong then hugs Namjoo.

Then Namjoo said “Okay unnie. I need to go. I need to get ready to. Oppa will pick you up anytime soon.”

Chorong just nod her head and walk her to the door. Before Namjoo walk away, she was able to thanked Namjoo again.

...

Just a few minutes later, a doorbell rang. Chorong walk to door and open it. Just when Suho saw Chorong, he startle looking at Chorong.

“You look beautiful sweetheart.”

Chorong smile and blush. “Thank you. You look good yourself.”

Suho was wearing a white shirt underneath his suit that have same color as Chorong dress and match it up with gray tie.

“Are you ready to go?” Suho ask.

Chorong nod her head. “Yes. Wait here for awhile.” Chorong walk to her room, took her clutch, and walk back to Suho. Suho offer her his arm and Chorong slide her hand happily. They step out from the house, close the door and went to the elevator.

When they were on their way to the party, Chorong thanked Suho for the dress.

“Thanks Suho for the dress. It’s beautiful.”

“No problem. The one who’s wearing it is more beautiful. Well they say a beautiful dress for a beautiful lady.”

Chorong smile and blush. Then Suho take Chorong’s right hand, bring it to his lips, and kiss it. Then he places her hand on his chest.

“Thank you Chorong for saying yes. You don’t know how happy I am.”

Chorong just smile looking at him. Then she moves her head looking outside the window. Then Chorong said, “Suho, can we go to a place after the function?”

“Sure. Wherever you want to go. I can even bring you to my house.” Suho said still his focus on the road.

Chorong look at Suho and said “Your house? Don’t even think about it. Wait until we get married.”

“It’s still a long way for that day?”

“Shut up Suho. Is just another 2 weeks left. You can wait before this, why don’t just bare with it a little more.”

"Okay.” And pout.

“Stop with pouting or nor I will kiss you.” Chorong said. She didn’t know what get into her to say that. When she realizes what she just says, she looks away from Suho.

When Suho heard it, he smile and said “Then I should pout longer.”

Chorong just laugh and let Suho be.

When they arrive at the function, Suho and Chorong walk into the hall and everyone eyes was at them. But what Chorong was make her more uncomfortable was Suho’s mom who is looking at her with her angry eyes. Suho saw her face and look at the direction where Chorong was looking. Then he said to Chorong, “Don’t worry. I will always be with you. Mom won’t hurt you.”

Chorong look at Suho and smile. The smile didn’t reach to her eyes. Then they walk to Mr. Kim and Namjoo who was standing together talking about something.

Mr. Kim smiles at both of them and give a cheek kiss to Chorong.

“You look beautiful Chorong.”

“Thank you dad. You look handsome too. And Namjoo you look fabulous.”

“Thank you unnie.”

All of them were talking. Suho and Mr. Kim did go and meet the other leaving Chorong with Namjoo. Namjoo didn’t leave Chorong alone since she knows her mother is looking for opportunities to be with Chorong and make her feel down.

Suddenly, Namjoo need to go to the toilet, so she asks Chorong if she want to follow. Chorong just shook her head and told Namjoo to go alone. She’ll be waiting her. Namjoo just nod her head and went to the toilet.

When Chorong was waiting for Namjoo, Mrs. Kim, Suho and Namjoo’s mother came to her and said.

“You must be happy now? You are going to get all of my son money soon. What a shameless women.”

When Chorong was about to say something, a beautiful tall lady came and greet Mrs. Kim.

“Hello aunty. You look beautiful like always.”

Mrs. Kim looks at her and smiles. It was a real and happy smile. The smile that Chorong never get. “Oh! Hello Hyo Rim. You look beautiful too. How are you?”

“I’m fine. How are you aunty?”

“Good.”

Then Hyo Rim looks at Chorong and then looks back Mrs. Kim and ask, “Who is this girl aunty? I never saw her before.”

Mrs. Kim look at Chorong with hatred eyes and said “This is girl that going to marry my son. The cheep girl that I told you.”

“So you’re the . So what did you do to make Suho oppa fall for you?”

Chorong didn’t know what to say. When she was about to say something, Namjoo came and save her.

“Will stop it already mom. It’s your son happy day.” Then she looks at Hyo Rim and said “Hello Hyo Rim unnie. How are you?”

“I’m fine Namjoo. How are you?”

“I’m good and happy since my brother is getting married soon with the girl I approve. So are you here alone or you bringing your temporary boyfriend with you?” Namjoo said in sarcastically.

Hyo Rim looks at Namjoo with angry face. Then Mrs. Kim said “Where’s your manners Namjoo?”

“What? I was just asking. At least I didn’t call her , which she deserve it way better, then Chorong unnie.” Then she looks at Chorong and said, “Let’s go unnie. Oppa is looking for you.” Then pull Chorong away.

Hyo Rim in the other side was so mad with what Namjoo said to her and grasps the glass tightly. Did she just call me ? You just wait Namjoo and Chorong. I’ll make Suho mine. Sooner or later Suho will be mine. She taught of herself.

Namjoo look at Chorong and apologize “Sorry unnie. I shouldn’t leave you alone.”

Chorong smile and said, “Don’t be. It’s not your fault. I was. I should just follow you to the toilet.” Then Chorong stop for a while. Then she stops Namjoo and asks her. “Namjoo, tell me the truth. Do I look like a ?”

Namjoo smile and said “No unnie. She's the one who is . She sleeps with every rich guy who she dates. You are fine. Don’t worry so much about what she said. She’s just jealous. She’s been trying to attract oppa since I don’t know when. But oppa didn’t bother her at all. He hates Hyo Rim unnie. So smile and don’t ruin your day with that.”

Chorong smile at Namjoo. Then both of them walk to Suho and Mr. Kim