CHAPTER ONE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

A phone call ring telling someone is calling. A beautiful answers it without looking at the caller ID since she’s busy.

“Hello. Park Chorong speaking. Who is this?”

“I know is you Chorong. It’s me, the lover of your life. Can we meet tonight?”

Chorong look at her phone and saw Suho name and smile. She place back the phone on her ear and said “Sorry. I was busy. Didn’t bother to look phone. Sure we can. Why do you want to meet today?”

“Okay. Thank you sweetheart. Wear something beautiful.”

Chorong frown but still answer it “Sure.”

“Meet you tonight at 8. I’ll pick you up.”

“Okay. As you wish.”

“Okay then. Bye and love you.”

“Love you too.”

Then both of them hang up.

***

At her apartment, she put her handbag and laptop bag on the bed and went straight to the bathroom to take shower since it’s going to be 8 soon. After her shower, she walks out just towel around her and opens her wardrobe to find a suitable dress for tonight date.

Then she finds a perfect dress for it. A black and light pink patchwork lace round neck dacron dress and match it up with simple color sandal heels. She applies a simple make up and color lipstick. By the time she was ready, the door bell rang.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f425f30414a2d456a694a6e5a57413d3d2d3331333838333833352e3134373636346661356234626137366639313534303436353238372e6a7067

She takes her handbags and walk out the room to open the door. He saw her lover of life wearing a complete black suit was smiling to her. She smiles back.

“You look beautiful sweetheart.” Suho said.

“Thank you. You look handsome too.”

“Shall we go now?”

Chorong nod her head. She close the door and start walking to the car hand in hand.

When they were at the car, Chorong smile looking at Suho’s car. Suho barely bring his orange range rover evoque convertible. He will bring it if there is any occasion or he was in his happy mood.

Chorong look at Suho and said “Someone is in a very happy mood today. Or you are going to bring me to any of your function. If that is, I’m not going.”

Suho smile and said “No baby. I’m just in a happy mood. How did you know?”

“By your car. You will bring this car if you are happy.”

“Oh my girlfriend knows me so well. She disserves a kiss.”

“No she doesn’t. Can we go now?”

“Not even one.” Suho look at Chorong with his puppy eyes.

Chorong shook her head and said “Nope. Not even one.”

“Okay fine. But you’ll give me later. I know.”

Chorong just smile and let Suho be. Suho open the car for Chorong and Chorong nod as thank and slide in the car. Suho walk around the car to his sit. He slid in the car and smiles at Chorong and said “Shall we go now.”

Chorong smile back and said “Yes we shall.”

Just after he starts to drive, he holds Chorong hand and places it on Chorong lap. Chorong just let it be and look outside the window. She always likes the view at night city. They didn’t talk about anything. It was silent in the car but a very comfortable silent.

When they arrive at one of the restaurant, Suho pull the break and turn off the engine and told Chorong to wait for him to open the door. He walks toward Chorong door and open for her. She slide down and then Suho extends his arm. She can put her hand through the crook of his elbow.

The moment they step inside the fancy restaurant, everyone eyes was looking at them. Chorong felt jealous because the girls was checking out Suho and in the same time she felt small because everyone was wearing fancy dress while she was just wearing a simple dress.

Suho realize that Chorong wasn’t feeling comfortable and confident so he places his free hand on Chorong back. Chorong look at him and see he was smiling at her and mouthed that she looking beautiful and don’t need to worry. Chorong smile at him back.

The waiter brings them to the table. Suho who was very gentleman pull the chair for Chorong. Then he sits infront of Chorong. After ordering, the waiter walks away.

“Why did you bring me here? Is there anything special? Why didn’t you say you bringing me here? I’ll could where something better.”

“You look beautiful just the way you are. Even if you wear your pyjamas like how we meet for the first time.”

Chorong let out a soft smile. They still remember how they meet.

It was at night where one of her colleague, Jinyoung wanted to give her something important and tell her to meet at the main entrance. Since she was so lazy to change, she just walks out with her navy striped print vest and shorts pyjama. She didn’t even wear any jacket since it was summer. When she was out meeting her friend, Suho was there with him. Since Suho and Jinyoung are best friend and drinking buddy. Before they went to the chicken restaurant which was near Chorong house, Jinyoung plan to give Chorong the file which she needs to take care of. That was where Suho start to lay his eyes on Chorong. In his eyes, Chorong look beautiful and cute in her pyjamas. Chorong know that Suho was there but she wasn’t interested. Since that day, Suho try everything to win Chorong heart. He even plan like purposely bump into Chorong or act like he meet her coincidentally which he had plan everything. Each day passed by, Chorong and Suho start to be close to each other and confess their feeling. Chorong taught that their relationship won’t be on a long term since Suho is a billionaire son. However she was surprise that it was longer than she expected.

When the food was serve, they start to eat and talk about their day.

After the dinner, they were just sitting and talking about random thing. Then Suho took out a small black velvet box from the pocket in his suit jacket and place it on the table infront of Chorong. Chorong look at it and ask “What is this?”

Suho smile and said “Open it. It’s for you.”

Chorong take it and open it. It was a simple silver ring with small diamonds on it. She looks back at Suho and asks “What is this for Suho?”

Suho hold Chorong hand which was on the table and said to her “Park Chorong, will you marry this silly, stupid yet handsome and charming man and become Mrs. Kim Chorong?”

Chorong look at him with shock face.

“Please say yes sweetheart.”

Chorong wasn’t smiling. Suho felt weird why Chorong wasn’t smiling. Then he said “Do you want me on my knee and propose you again Chorong?”

Chorong shook her head and said no.

“Then why aren’t you saying anything? You are not smiling like how other girls smile when she’s been will propose.”

Chorong wanted to smile. She was happy that Suho propose her. But something was bothering her.

“Can’t we have a talk outside the restaurant? I need fresh air.”

Suho felt weird but still he nods his head and asks for bill. After paying, they walk out from the restaurant and walk to the car. Suho bought her to one of the nearest park.