CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

Suho was wake by the scent of Chorong. When he open his eyes and was greeted by Chorong’s beautiful neck. He smile and kiss her neck make Chorong move and turn her face looking at him still sleeping. Suho move up a bit so that his face was as the same level as Chorong’s. He moves the hair that’s blocking her face and kiss her forehead. When Chorong felt someone kissing her again on the fore head, she open her eyes and saw Suho’s face smiling at her. He smile back and said “Good morning husband. You wake up early.”

“Good morning wife. I just woke up. So what should we do today?”

“Why don’t you go and take shower first, I tidy up the bed and wash all our clothes from our honeymoon and prepare breakfast for you. and I plan to unpack my things today. Then at night, I was thinking why we don’t ask Namjoo and your friends for dinner. We can have BBQ at the terrace. How’s that?”

“Sound like a good idea. Okay then. I’ll go and take shower.” Suho kiss Chorong’s lips and stand up then walk straight to the bathroom. But Chorong stop him because she wanted to brush her teeth first.

Chorong stretch and then stand up and tie her hair up. After brushing her teeth, she tidy up the bed and walk down with her and Suho’s dirty clothes and start to find the laundry room. When she found it, she was start to sorting clothes by type and put inside the washing machine and let the robot wash it.

Then she walk to the kitchen and first thing she do is open the fridge to find something to cook. The only thing she can find is eggs, sausage patties, hash browns and bacon. It take some time for Chorong to think what to cook. At last, she take out four eggs, sausage patties and hash browns. She found the pan and then start to fry the foods and place the bread on the toaster and boiled the water. While she was cooking, Suho came and kiss her cheek and lean at the island eating the hash brown that been cook and ask “So what is for breakfast?”

“I taught of cooking Korean food but I only can find this in the fridge. I can’t even find kimchi in the fridge. I’ll understand since you been studying almost five years in England.”

“Sorry. What do you expect? I was a single man staying alone. I’ll just cook if I want to and what easy for me. Since I have you now, we can go and buy something later and things for tonight.”

“Okay.”

When the breakfast was done, Chorong serve the breakfast at the island and told Suho to eat first. She make some coffee for both of them. Then both of them eat the breakfast together. After that, Chorong went up to take a shower.

Then in the afternoon after their lunch, Suho help Chorong unpack her things. The Suho ask “That’s all. This is the only clothes you have?” they are still in their walking wardrobe

Chorong look at Suho and nod “Yes. Why?”

“Is just that is weird. Mom have a lot of clothes until half of the wardrobe is full only with her clothes. Dad need to make a renovation to make another walking wardrobe for him. And the wardrobe is still smaller than mom’s.”

Chorong smile and said “Well honey you need to remember that I need so many things to take care off. My rent, food on the table, lunch with friends and I can go on. It’s good that I don’t know how to drive and have any car. So paying for that is more important for me then buying clothes. Understand.”

Suho smile and said “Yes, but now you don’t have to think about that anymore. I am here to take care of that now. Next time we can go for shopping and by lots of dress, shoes and handbags for you.”

“I don’t need that. I’m happy with what I have now.”

“We still going to. End of the discussion. And what is that in your other bag.” Suho ask pointing at the bag that’s unopened.

Chorong look at the bag and said “its books.”

“Books? That much.”

“Yes books. Some people buy clothes and food as a gift for their self and for me is books. So where should I keep that?”

“Wow you are typical like Namjoo. She loves books more than clothes. Come the library is downstairs. In my office.”

Both of them walk out the wardrobe and walk down to Suho’s office with the bag. When they arrive at Suho’s office, there were books everywhere. It was like a mini library and Chorong was awed. (the library that I imagine is in the media.)

“Wow. You have a lot of books. I can finish my whole life her.”

“I taught so you will be excited. Well It’s not all my books. It’s mine and Namjoo’s. Well most of it is Namjoo’s.”

Chorong walk to the bookshelves and look at the books. It was Suho’s part.

“You also like to read Agatha Christie and Lang Leav.”

“Yup. Agatha Christie is my favourite is And Then There Were None.”

Chorong look him and said “Its mine to.”

Then Chorong start to walk again and saw her other favourite author for love genre,

“You like you read love story too. I didn’t know that.”

“I don’t. That is Namjoo’s. But I do read it but only Cecelia Ahern’s books. She’s my fav.”

Chorong was shock. “Really? It mine too. I didn’t know we have so many similarities.”

Suho just laugh. Then Suho say “Shall we start arrange the books now.”

Chorong nod her head and walk to the bag and open it. Suho was so shock and ask “Your books is more than your clothes.”

Chorong smile showing her white teeth. Then Suho help Chorong arrange the book on the shelf. Then Suho stop when he saw the books and look at Chorong.

“You read these books?” Suho ask Chorong showing the books three books he is holding.

Chorong look at him and at the book and smile awkwardly. It was Fifty Shades trilogy.

“I didn’t know my wife read this kind of book too.”

Chorong just laugh awkwardly and tell Suho to just continue to stacking. Suho saw Chorong’s blushing face and smile. the he continue arranging the books. When they were done, Suho step down from the sliding stairs that was attach to the bookshelf.

Then they went out to buy things for kitchen stock and for tonight. When they arrive home, Suho was busy setting the grill at the terrace and Chorong was busy at the kitchen.

Right at eight in the evening, Suho’s friend and Namjoo came. Suho didn’t invite much. He just invite the close one that is Jinyoung, Kyungsoo and Jinyoung fiancé and Namjoo.

When they were sitting, the plan to do something fun.

“Then let’s play the truth game.” Jinyoung give an idea.

“The truth game? How do you play that?”

“Okay. I write everyone name on a paper and we’ll fold it. Each person need to pick one. For example, I pick Chorong’s name. So I need to tell one secret about Chorong that I know.” Jinyoung explain.

Chorong nod understand. Then she said “What if, Kyungsoo got mine, Namjoo’s or Yoo Jung. He don’t know anything about us. And how about Yoo Jung got Suho and Kyungsoo. She don’t know about them.”

“Then they can change it. Put it back in bowl and pick other name. So?”

Everyone agree. Then Chorong said “I’ll go and take pen and paper.”

After writing everyone name, they start to play the game. The first one to choose was Yoo Jung. Yoo Jung pick up and open it. And it was Chorong’s name. Yoo Jung show the name to everyone and then look at Chorong.

“Which one should I tell?”

Chorong laugh and ask “What do you mean by which one? Yoo Jung ah, I believe in you. So then tell that no one shouldn’t know about.” Chorong said looking at Yoo Jung.

Yoo Jung laugh and said “Okay I have the safest one. A day before her wedding day.” Yoo Jung stop making Chorong nervous. While Suho, he was excited to know about his wife secret.

Chorong know what Yoo Jung was about to say. So she already covering her face with both of her hand. Then Yoo Jung continue “Chorong was thinking about running away. Right before the night of her wedding day.”

Suho was shock and said “Really Chorong?”

Chorong smile awkwardly and show all her teeth to Suho and nod her head. Suho nod his head a few times trying to cool himself down and said “We need to talk about this later.”

Everyone laugh and Jinyoung said “Someone is in trouble tonight.”

Then Yoo Jung continue “She even pack her thing already.”

Chorong look at Yoo Jung and shout at her “YAH! SHUT UP. You suppose to just tell one secret.”

“It is one. It connect. That’s why.”

“You are so dead Kim Yoo Jung on Monday.” Chorong mouthed to Yoo Jung make Yoo Jung laugh. Then Chorong look at Suho who is looking at her with unsatisfied face. She was a bit scared and then she said “Let’s continue with the game.”

Then it was Jinyoung time to pick and it was Namjoo’s name. Namjoo look at Jinyoung and said “We have no secret Jinyoung oppa.”

Jinyoung rises his eyebrows and said “Do we. If I’m not mistaken we have and I have witness.”

“What secret? Who is the witness?” Namjoo ask.

Then Chorong smell something and said “It doesn’t involve me isn’t it. If it does forget about it or not I’ll kill you and your fiancé.”

Jinyoung just laugh. “I don’t know.”

Then Suho said “Come tell us. What is it?” and look at Namjoo this time.

“Namjoo be prepare. You’ll know what I’m gonna tell when I gonna say the time, place, date and day.”

Namjoo just nod her head confidently.

“This thing happen at 9pm on Friday, date 1st April at Chorong’s house.”

Namjoo and Chorong was in shock and shout “Doooooonnnnn’t!”

All of them were startle when both of them shout. Then Suho got more interested and ask “What happen? Tell me Jinyoung?” Then look at Namjoo then at Chorong.

Chorong saw Suho curious face and then sigh. Then she look at Jinyoung and said “Your dead. It’s Namjoo’s secret just tell her secret don’t involve me in this.” Then she place her cup in front of Kyungsoo and tell him to pour wine. Kyungsoo did and Chorong finish in one gulp.

Jinyoung just laugh. Then he continue “If you want to know Suho, on that night, me, Yoo Jung, your lovely sister Namjoo and wife Chorong have a fun at Chorong’s house. it was short off like stay over. So we plan to watch move. So guess which move did the three of this girl choose.”

“Which one?” Kyungsoo ask.

Jinyoung look at Kyungsoo then to Suho and said the movie title name “Fifty Shaded Of Grey.”

“Really?” Suho and Kyungsoo said together.

“Wait. That was just the first part. Let’s go to the second part. This will be more interesting.”

“Yah Jinyoung oppa. One pick, one secret. That’s all.” Namjoo look at Jinyoung and said it.

Jinyoung look back at Namjoo and said “That was not the secret. That was just telling what movie we watched. Namjoo and Chorong both was sitting together on the couch very close, eating popcorn. The secret is, they were so into the drama. They didn’t move at all. When the popcorn or their beer was finish, they tell me to go and take it. Their eyes didn’t move at all from the television.”

“What? Jamie Dornan was so hot in that movie, okay. We were single that time. I was single at that time. Namjoo is still single. Yoo Jung was watching without moving to.” Suho was jealous.

“Unnie is right. Jamie Dornan is damn hot. And we read the book. Of course, we excited how the movie will turn because the book was good. Isn’t it unnie.” Namjoo said.

Kyungsoo just smile but he didn’t know why he was jealous when Namjoo said that the actor was hot.

“I agree.”

“Wait. Single? Are you sure you were single that time Chorong. It happen on 1st April this year.”

Chorong was thinking and then she said “I was wasn’t I?” Then she stop and then remember “No I’ve started to date Suho that time.”

Suho take a deep breath and let it out slowly to be peace in his mind. Then he said “We have so much to talk tonight Mrs. Kim Chorong.”

Chorong look at Suho who was looking at her furiously. Chorong let out a long sigh and cover her eyes with her hand and said “Oh! I’m so dead.”

“Unnie, I’m sorry.” Namjoo said looking at Chorong.

“I need another cup of wine.” Chorong said giving the cup to Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo pour it.

Then it was Namjoo time and she pick Suho’s name. Chorong was happy. then Namjoo ask “What would you like to know unnie?”

Chorong was happy and said “What would I want to know? Okay, how many girlfriends did he have before dating me?”

Namjoo look at Suho and look back at Chorong and said “It was about 10. Or maybe more. I don’t remember much.”

“More?”

Suho widen his eyes and said “Yah! Kim Namjoo, do you want to die.”

Chorong look at Suho with both her eyebrow rise “Don’t scold my Namjoo. We also we need to talk about this Mr. Kim Jun Myeon after this.”

Then all of them laugh except Chorong and Suho.

Then the game continue and when it was Kyungsoo time, he pick his own name. Then Kyungsoo said “Should I fold it back and choose another one?”

Jinyoung shock his head and said tell us one secret that you don’t mind telling. Make sure it’s the truth.”

“Then what do you guys want to know about me? I really don’t know what to tell?”

“Then why don’t tell me what you were doing in Hungary for almost 5 years?” Namjoo ask out of nowhere

Kyungsoo look at Namjoo and answer it without hesitate “Running away from realities. Or more specifically from someone.”

“Ohh! I would run away from realities to.” Namjoo said with sad face. Then she continue “Someone? So mean your heart broken and you were trying to find peace. Cool.”

“Sort of. Staying away from the same country with that person was the only way to make me forget about it.”

“So what do you do there for almost 5 years?”

“Dad told me to work at one of his friend company while I study but I didn’t think that was a good idea. So I work as a waiter, tourist guide, and many more. I change my work a lot since I like to try new things and challenge. Anyhow that’s the only way to make me forget about her.”

“So than, what make you want to come back here?” Namjoo ask looking at Kyungsoo while sipping on her wine.

“Well I just taught that I need to come back to where I was born and rise up. Mom and dad are here and dad say that he need someone to take care of the company since he’s old enough.”

“So did you able to forget about her?”

“Surprisingly yes. I was busy myself with study and works. Then I taught why am I suffering myself thinking about her. And I taught that it’s not worth it. So yeah I did forget about her.”

“So if, you bumped with her in the street and she see you and say hi. What will you do?” Namjoo ask with curious face.

“Well I’ve move on so I will just like ‘hey, how are you?’ you know the normal conversation.”

Namjoo clap her hand and said “Good job. This need a celebration.” And stand up. Then Chorong ask “Where are you going?”

“Kitchen to take a beer. I’m sick of this wine and we need to celebrate Kyungsoo new life.” Then walk in the house. Kyungsoo stand up and follow her saying that Namjoo maybe need help.

What Kyungsoo and Namjoo didn’t know is, while they were talking, Suho, Chorong, Jinyoung and Yoo Jung was observing and watching them.

While walking to the kitchen, Kyungsoo break the silent. "So Namjoo, what are you doing now?"

"I'm still studying."

"Oh really. I taught you already start working. So what course are you talking?"

"Garphic design."

"Really. Wow."

Namjoo chuckle and said "Why? Can't believe it."

"Well the thruth is no. I taught you'll take fashion designer or something like that."

"Mom told me to take it. But I change it last minute without mom know about it. If she know, I swear I'll be death. I don't like fashion designer so why bother taking it. isn't it."

When there walk in the kitchen, Namjoo told Kyungsoo to take beer in the firdge and she'll take the opener in the drawer. When Kyungsoo open the fridge, Namjoo turn around to him to ask that he should take more then 5 but the fridge door knock on Namjoo head. Namjoo wince and Kyungsoo quickly close the door and walk near Namjoo.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you."

"It's okay. It's not your fault."

"Come, let me take a look." Kyungsoo said and move Namjoo hand from her forehead and start to blow it. Namjoo don't know why but her heart skip a bit. Kyungsoo on the other side felt the same and his heart was about to explode.

When he was done, he look at Namjoo and their eyes meet. Kyungsoo hand cupped Namjoo cheek and her thumb move on Namjoo lips. Namjoo shiver. Kyungsoo move down toward Namjoo and Namjoo close her eyes because she know what will happen. She didn't push him away and that was weird because everytime her ex boyfriend wanted to kiss her, she'll pushim him away. But when Kyungsoo was about to kiss her, she just let it be and close her eyes. When Kyungsoo lips about to kiss Namjoo lips, Yoo Jung came and call them.

"Namjoo, your oppa is asking what's taking you guys so long."

Namjoo open her eyes and push Kyungsoo away. Kyungsoo move and open the fridge to cover it up because her face was red same goes to Namjoo.

When Yoo Jung walk in the kitchen, Namjoo smile. "We'll be there just a minute. I can't find the opener. " Namjoo lie.

Yoo Jung just nod. then she ask the question she suppose not to ask. "Namjoo, why is your face so red. Are you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine."

Kyungsoo who was facing the fridge, hold his chest and taught why am I feeling like this. Kyungsoo no. she's your best friend sister. control your heart Kyungsoo. When he was stable, he take out 6 beer and said "Can you help me Yoo Jung ah."

"Sure Kyungsoo. No problem."

Kyungsoo, Namjoo and Yoo Jung walk out the kitchen and the surrounding between Kyungsoo and Namjoo was awkward.

Since it will be 2 o’clock in the morning in 5 minute, they clean the table and terrace. Then Chorong said “Why don’t you guys just sleep here. Is late and we drink so much. Is just good that we are not drank.”

“We don’t mind id Suho is okay with it.”

Suho just nod his head. Then he said “the boys can sleep in the room beside library and the girls can sleep in Namjoo’s room here.”

All of them nod and headed to the room.