EPILOGUE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

3 YEARS LATER

“Sweetheart, I’m home. Where are you?” Suho call as soon as he walks in the house.

“I’m in the kitchen.” Chorong shout back.

Suho place his back on the couch and walk straight to the kitchen and back hug Chorong. He kiss Chorong cheek and place his chin on Chorong shoulder. His hand is caressing Chorong baby bum that is in her 7 month.

Yes, Chorong is pregnant again for the third time and everyone is happy especially Namjoo since she is pregnant to for her and Kyungsoo second child. She’s in her 7 month pregnant. This time Chorong is pregnant with a girl and it brings joy to everyone.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim was the most happiest because at last there will be a girl in the house. Mr. Kim always says that they are blessed with boys and his just hope that this time Chorong will have a girl and everyone was happy to know that she will have a girl.

“How was your day?” Chorong ask still stirring the soup.

“Fine. How was your day? How are the kids?”

“Mine was like usual. The boys are fine. But like usual, they will fight about who will help me and who will take care of me. There remind me of you. Typically you.” Chorong said.

“Because they are my sons. That’s why. They just want to make sure you’re fine because I wasn’t there for you.” Suho said and kiss her temple.

“Why don’t you go and have shower, while I get the dinner ready. Once you’re done, help me call the boys in the nursery.”

“Sure. Be right back.” Suho said and then walk to the room.

***

Chorong and Suho both were sleeping. Like always, Suho hand will be around Chorong waist as if protecting the baby and Chorong.

Chorong was soundly asleep when suddenly she felt pain. She winces while her eyes are still close. She open her eyes and try to sit but the pain was unbearable. Suho felt Chorong move and try to pull Chorong back in his arm and he instantly jerk up when Chorong squeeze arm tightly.

“Ouch baby. That’s hurt?” Suho said sitting down. But when he saw Chorong’s face that was trying to hold the pain, he got worry.

“Sweetheart, are you okay? Is it our princess kicking?”

“No, she’s not. But Suho my stomach hurt. It’s hurt’s so much.” Chorong said and start to cry.

“Okay, wait. I go and call the doctor. Can you bear with pain for awhile?” he asks in worry.

Chorong just nod. Suho try to pull his hand but Chorong pull it back and hold it tightly. “No. Don’t leave me. Stay. I need you.”

Suho just nod. He takes his phone and dial the doctor number. In three beep, the doctor pick up.

“Hello, Dr. Hong. It’s me Suho. Listen, Chorong is in a deep pain right now. I don’t know what happen. Can you come?”

Before the doctor answer, Chorong shout in pain and shout “Suho! I think the baby is coming. My water just broke.”

“Forget about coming. We will be there.” Suho said to the doctor and immediately hang up.

He carries Chorong up and quickly walks to the car. Before he drives, he calls Kyungsoo and informs what happen and ask him to take care of the boys. Kyungsoo agree. In just 3 minutes later, Kyungsoo was in front of their house since the live just two houses away. Suho thank him and drive as fast as he can to the hospital. It’s good that the hospital is not that far. Once he arrives, he quickly picks Chorong up and places her on the stretcher. CHorong was so in pain, make Suho worry and sad in the same time.

Once they enter the labor room, the doctor was there. Placing Chorong on the other bed and Suho quickly hold her hand and stand by her side.

“Why is he having an early labor, doctor? Isn’t it too early? She’s just in her 7th month.” Suho ask.

“It happens sometime for a mommy to labor early.”

“Please does something doctor? Look how pain she is in.” Suho ask and he starts to cry. Looking at Chorong condition hurt him.

The doctor nod her head and said that she try her best. Chorong start to push. And in every push, she squeezes Suho hand and Suho keep on saying encourage her.

One last push and the baby were out. But Chorong was weird because the baby wasn’t crying.

“Doctor, why is my baby not crying?” Chorong ask.

The doctor try to rub the baby’s back but still no crying. She then tries to hit the baby bum lightly but still she wasn’t crying. The doctor checks her pulse and there was no pump.

Chorong start to worry and ask in tears “Doctor, what happen to her? Why is my baby not crying?”

The doctor sighs sadly and said “I’m sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Kim; we could not save your baby girl.”

“NOOOOOO!!! No. no. no. My baby. You’re lying.” Chorong howl.

Suho who was standing beside Chorong was speechless.

“Give me. Give me my baby.” Chorong said extending her hand.

The doctor gives her the baby and Chorong quickly hug her and rub her back.

“Come one princess. Wake up Hana. Don’t do this to your mommy and daddy. Please wake up. Please wake up for mommy.” Chorong said while rubbing Hana back while keeps on saying shooting word. She tries for a few times and then suddenly the baby cry.

Chorong smile n tears and kiss Hana face and said “Thank you princess. Thank you so much. Thank you for coming back to mommy.” Chorong said.

Everyone in the room, including the doctor was in surprise. “It’s a miracle.” The doctor said.

She quickly told the nurse to take Hana from Chorong, bath her and place her in the incubator.

Then the doctor said “We are going to place her in the incubator since she’s premature and all the things happen. So mommy, you need to stay longer in the hospital this time.”

“Doctor, can I still get to see her?” Chorong ask.

Dr. Hong smile and said “Of course but we need to keep her in the incubator. So we will only able to allow you to feed her milk.”

“Will she be okay?” Suho who was in silent ask.

“She will be fine. We will try our best.” The doctor said and walks out the room after asking permission.

Suho turn to look at Chorong and hug her. Chorong cry in Suho’s arm letting everything out. Suho keep on saying shooting word to calm Chorong down. He too was broken but he needs to keep strong for Chorong. Once Chorong calm herself down, the nurse told Suho to wait outside and he did. Kissing Chorong sweat forehead and walk out the room.

Once he was out, he flop on the nearest sit and rub his face with his palm.

“Thank you God. Thank you so much for saving our daughter.” Suho pray.

Then Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim run to Suho.

“Suho.” Mr. Kim calls him. He looks up and saw his parents standing. Suho stand up and quickly hug his dad tightly and cry. After a long time he cry out loud. The last time he cries like that in his father arm was the day he gets to know that Chorong left her. Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim were in worry.

“Suho, is everything okay? How’s Chorong and the baby? Why are you crying like this son?” Mr. Kim asks.

Suho stop crying and told them everything that happens. Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim was shock when they heard what happen.

“Look Suho, Chorong is scared and terrified. You need to be strong. She needs you so much right now.” Mrs. Kim said.

Suho nod his head; understand what his mother tries to say. Yes, Chorong is scared and weak right now and he really needs to be strong for her. For their baby.

Then one of the nurses came and said that they have transfer Chorong into the other room and she’s resting. Suho and his parents nod and follow the nurse. Once they enter the room, the saw how pale Chorong was. Suho , Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim heart break looking at Chorong’s condition. The nurse asks permission to go and walk out the room.

“Let her sleep. She need to rest.” Mr. Kim said.

Then Dr. Hong walks in and greets them.

“Doctor, how is her condition now?” Mrs. Kim asks.

“She’s fine. But she needs a rest. A proper two week of rest in bed.”

Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim nod their head and thanked the doctor. The Dr. Hong nod politely and look at Suho.

“Mr. Kim, can I have a word with you for awhile in my office?” Dr. Hong ask Suho.

“Sure.” Suho said and ask his parents to take care of Chorong for awhile. The nod and told Suho to go.

Once the walk in Dr. Hong room, Dr. Hong told him to sit and Suho just follow the command.

“What is it, doctor? Everything is fine isn’t it?” Suho ask in really worry tone.

“Yes, she’s fine. But there is some not so good news.”

“Not good news? What do you mean?”

“Suho, this thing doesn’t happen usually but in Chorong condition it happens. Whatever I’m going to say, I hope really hope you to be strong.” Dr. Hong stops for awhile before she continues. “Suho, Chorong might not get pregnant anymore. She still can now but her ovary is really weak now. And if she get pregnant again, either she will die or the baby will die in the next labor. I know it’s hard. It’s even hard for us to say this. But we need do a Bilateral Tubal Ligation. Its BTL is a surgical procedure that involves blocking the fallopian tubes to prevent the ovum from being fertilized.”

Suho sigh.

“Look Suho, if you don’t want to do it. Then it’s fine. But the risk of not doing it is high. As a doctor, I advise you to do it. For Chorong’s future.”

“If I say yes, when cans the surgery can held.”

“If you sign it today, we can prepare the surgery for tomorrow.”

Suho sigh weakly and said “Let me discuss with Chorong first. She need to know about this.”

Dr. Hong nods her head and continues telling Suho about this surgery. Once they were done, Suho ask permission to go.

He walks to Chorong room. And before he walks in, he wipes his tears and smile so that if Chorong see him, she won’t be worry.

Once she walks, everyone look at him. Namjoo, Kyungsoo, their son, Haneul and Ha Jun was there. Chorong was still sleeping.

“Suho, what did the doctor say? Everything is fine isn’t it?” Mr. Kim ask.

Suho smile weakly and nod his head. “Yeah, everything is fine. Mom, dad, you stay long enough. Why don’t you go home and rest? I can take care of Chorong.”

“No. We’re going to stay until she wakes up.” Mrs. Kim said. Suho just nod since his nod in a mood to quarrel.

Mr. Kim knows something is not right. “Suho, can I have a talk with you for awhile. Outside.”

Suho nod and both walk out from the room and walk to the corner of the hospital.

“What happen, son? I don’t think anything is fine. Is something wrong with Chorong?”

Suho start to tears up and told his father everything.

“Dad, what should I do? How should I say to Chorong about this? She won’t agree and she’ll break down. I’m hopeless dad. I’m hopeless.”

“Suho, don’t say that. You still have me, mom, Namjoo and your friends. You still have sons and your sweet daughter that just been born today. Look we still need to tell her. She deserves to know. Tell her and discuss with her properly and calmly. She’ll understand. Suho, right now, you really need to be strong for her. I’m not saying that you as a man should not be crying and be strong. We men deserve to cry to. But now is not the right time. Chorong really needs you. For your wife, you need to be strong, okay.”

Suho nod his head and hug his dad. Once he pulls back, Mr. Kim say that they should head back to the room. When they turn, they saw Mrs. Kim standing there in shock. Crying.

“Mom. What are you doing here?” Suho said in shock.

“I came to tell you that Chorong is awake.”

“Mom, did you heard anything?” Suho ask again.

“Everything. I heard everything. Why didn’t you tell us, Suho? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I tell you later, dear. Now Chorong is awake and she needs Suho to be there.” Mr. Kim said.

She just nods her head and walk back to the room.

Once they enter the room, Suho run to her and hug her tightly but not hurting her. Chorong who was trying to smile and hold her tears fall from her eyes and hug him back.

“Everything is going to be okay. Stop crying sweetheart. You need to be strong. We need to be strong for our princess and boys.” Suho said. Then he pulls from the hug and wipe Chorong’s tears and kiss her forehead.

That evening, everyone went home leaving CHorong and Suho alone. Suho was in his own thought, thinking how he should tell Chorong about the surgery.

“Honey, what are you thinking about? You look like you are really in a deep thought.” Chorong asks waking Suho from his thought.

Suho smile, kiss her hand that he was holding and say nothing while shocking his head.

“Don’t lie. I know you, honey. What is it? Tell me.”

Suho sigh and start telling her about what happen and the surgery.

“No. I’m not going to do it.” Chorong protest.

“Sweetheart, please. You need to do it. For your own good.”

“No. Suho you told me you want more kids. I’m not going to do it.”

“It doesn’t matter anymore. I’m happy with our three kids. We also already have a princess in our house. Sweetheart, please do it. Please do the surgery. I almost lost you and our baby. I don’t to lose you anymore. Not for you, at least for me. For our kids. Please do it.”

“But Suho, what about your dream of having a big family.”

“It doesn’t matter anymore, sweetheart. I’m happy with what we have now. Our own little family. Please do for me.”

“No. Suho. No. I’m not going to let you sacrifice your dream.”

“Chorong, I beg you please do the surgery. If you love me, do it.”

Chorong sigh and said “Okay, I’ll do it. I’m doing it because I love you and you blackmail me with that.”

“Thank you. Thank you so much. I know you love me so much. I’ll go and tell Dr. Hong about this.” Suho kiss Chorong forehead and walk straight to Dr. Hong’s room.

After meeting with Dr. Hong and sign the paper, Suho went back to CHorong and tell her that the surgery will be held tomorrow so she need a proper rest. Hugging Chorong in his arm after lying on the bed beside Chorong, Chorong immediately fall asleep.

***

A week after the surgery, Chorong needed a proper rest in the hospital and Hana, their baby girl. Chorong start to feel bored in the hospital and guilty to since Suho didn’t go to work since that Chorong labor. Haneul and Ha Jun look sad and miss her to and keep on asking when their mommy will get better and come back home.

“Honey, when can I get back home?” Chorong asks when Suho was feeding her food.

“Maybe in another week or two.” Suho said.

“What! Honey, I want to go back home. I miss my sons and our home.”

“I know you do. But you need a proper rest, sweetheart.”

“Can’t you ask the doctor if I can go back sooner? Please.”

“No. If we go back to our home, you won’t rest. I know.” Suho protest.

“I will. I promise. For the whole week, I will listen to you and rest. If you love me, please talk to the doctor.” Chorong said and smile cutely.

Suho look at Chorong with are-you-getting-your-revenge-back face.

“That’s not fair. You’re using my blackmail on me.” Suho said and chuckle.

“No I’m not. So can you please go and talk to the doctor.” Chorong show her innocent face and smile showing her teeth.

“Fine. I’ll go and talk to the doctor after you finish your food. But you promise to rest for the whole week and listen to me.”

Chorong smile and nod her head excitedly. “Thank you my sweet husband. I love you.” And give him a flying kiss.

Suho laugh and feed Chorong another spoon of her food.

“Honey, how’s our princess?”

“She’s fine. She can go out in another two days.”

Chorong sigh in relief.

Just like Suho promise, after Chorong’s lunch, Suho went to see her doctor and ask if Corong can go back home. The doctor smile and said of course she can. They are just want Chorong and Hana go back home in the same day. Suho smile and nod his head. Thanking the doctor, Suho walk back to the room and told Chorong that they can go home after two days. Chorong was so excited.

***

It’s been two week since Chorong came back and not even once CHorong was left alone. Every single time, someone will be with Chorong.

Mrs. Kim even came and stays with them for these two weeks just to make sure Chorong have rest and take care of Haneul and Ha Jun.

Hana is getting better and healthier. Everyone is very thankful about that.

Chorong is recovering and Suho is glad with that. Suho told everyone what happen and not to look sad in front of Chorong and keep on acting like always.

Chorong start to laugh and living like usual again. Haneul and Ha Jun love their baby sister so much and already start to protect her. Chorong and Suho smile looking how they take care of their baby sister.

Suho really wanted a big family. But now his happy with his small family. He has beautiful wife, two good looking sons and a beautiful princess. What else will he ask for? His happy with his family and that’s all matter.