CHAPTER SIX

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

After Jinyoung call, Suho try to call Chorong but Chorong wasn’t picking it up. He was about to make a u-turn but his secretary call him telling him that they have meeting in 30 minutes, so he drive straight to the office and plan to call her later.

After the meeting, he went to his office and start to call Chorong back, but her phone was off.

Suho start to worry so he calls Jinyoung.

When Jinyoung pick up, he didn’t able to say anything. Suho cut him off

“Jinyoung ah, where is Chorong?”

Jinyoung frown and look at Chorong who was sitting infornt of her doing her work. Then he said slowly so that Chorong won’t hear it. “She’s here. Infront of me. Doing her work. Why?”

“Tell her why isn’t she picking up my call, now?”

“Okay.” Jinyoung look at Chorong and call her. Chorong look at Jinyoung with ‘what’ face.

“Why are you not picking up Suho’s call?”

Chorong start to feel uncomfortable.

“I’m busy. That’s why. I silent my phone and didn’t even look at my phone. Why are you asking?”

Suho who was in the other line heard it know that Chorong is lying. Because everytime he call Chorong it will automatically the operator will answer it.

Then Suho said, “Tell her to call me now?” He knows Chorong won’t call her. He was just testing to know her answer.

Jinyoung frown and said “Can’t I just give her my phone?”

“No.”

“Fine.” Jinyoung look at Chorong again and said, “He told you to call him now.”

Chorong smile and said, “Tell him I’ll call him later. I have some work I need to get done before I go back since I need to submit this to the client tomorrow.”

Suho know by the answer that Chorong won’t call her.

She’s already trying to avoid me. Suho taught.

“You heard that. So now?” Jinyoung ask.

“Okay. Anyway thank you. I’ll just call her later. Thank you Jinyoung ah.”

“No problem man.”

Suho hang up and place his phone on the table. He grips his hair with both of his hand start to pull it.

“Chorong ah why are you doing this to me?” He said to himself.

Just then, there was a knock at his door. “Come in.” Suho said.

Then he looks at the door and saw his father. Suho just smile at him.

That’s not my son usual smile. What happen to him? Mr. Kim taught.

“What happen son? Why do you look so down? You just meet your girl few hours ago. You suppose to be happy.” Mr. Kim asks.

“Jinyoung call right after I drop Chorong at her office saying that he saw Chorong running to the toilet crying. I try to call her since then. She’s not picking up her call until now. She always pick my calls. What should I do dad?”

“So she makes up her mind.”

“What do you mean by that dad?”

“I'm sorry son, but I told her that your mom hates her and doesn’t want you to marry her. I told her that think and reconsider it again and don’t break up with you. I think she makes up her mind already. She already starts to avoid you son.”

“Dad what should we do now?”

“The only option left is the second plan.” Mr. Kim said.

“No dad. Just wait. Give me time. 3 days. Let me approach her first. If it still fails, then we go with that plan.”

“It’s up to you my son. I don’t mind. But remember, if you need any help, me and your sister is always there for you.”

“I know dad. Thank you.”

His dad smile at him. Then he stands up and walks away.

After finish his work, Suho takes his things and went straight to the parking lot. Just after he got in his car, he drives to Chorong’s office.

He waited for Chorong almost half an hour but he didn’t saw Chorong glimpse at all.

He try to call Chorong but still, no answer so he text Jinyoung.

SUHO TO JINYOUNG

Hey dude, sorry for disturb you again. Just need to ask is Chorong still in the office.

Just a few minutes later, Jinyoung replay his text.

JINYOUNG TO SUHO

Nope. She went home right after she was finish with her work. If I’m not mistaken, she says that she wasn’t feeling well. Didn’t she tell you? I told her to tell you. She even said that your here to pick her up.

Right after he read the text, holds the phone tightly and hit the steering. He cool down and replay Jinyoung text.

SUHO TO JINYOUNG

No she didn’t. She must lie to you. Thank you Jinyoung. Anything I’ll contact you again.

Then he places his phone on the side sit and start to drive to Chorong apartment. When he arrives at the apartment, he went straight to Chorong apartment and rings the bell. He tries it a few times but still there was no answer. So he bangs the door few time, calling Chorong name.

“Chorong. Please open the door.... I said open the door.” But still no one open the door.

Then a lady from the next door came out and said to him.

“Hey there young man. She’s not back yet.”

Suho look at her and smile. “Okay. Thank you.”

The lady smile, nod her head and walk in her house back.

Suho lean his back to the door, arm folded across chest wait for Chorong.

After a few minutes later, Chorong walk out from the lift but she wasn’t alone. A boy was with her smiling and laughing together with her. Her arm was around the boy neck and they were joking. Suho saw it and he felt jealous.

Chorong look at infront and saw Suho. Her face change instantly.

What is he doing here? Chorong taught.

The boy saw Chorong face and ask holding Chorong shoulder.

“Noona, are you okay?”

Chorong look at him and smile. “Yeah I’m fine.”

When Suho saw that boy was holding Chorong shoulder, he clenched fist tightly. When Chorong was at her door, the boy bow to her and said “Bye noona. See you again.”

Chorong smile and said “Bye Jino. Sure. We will. We are neighbours.”

That boy bow again and walk away since his house is few block away from Chorong’s.

Chorong look at Suho and ask, “What are you doing here?” Then she enters the pin on her door.

“To meet you. Who was that?” Suho ask.

Chorong open the door and walk in. “My neighbour. I bumped him downstairs. You meet me and I’m okay. Go home Suho. You need to work tomorrow and I’m so tired today.”

Before Suho able to say anything Chorong was about to close the door but was stop by Suho.

“Chorong we need to talk.”

“We have nothing to talk Suho. Go home. I’m tired and I need to rest.”

Suho push the door, step in Chorong’s house, and then close the door. Chorong was shock with Suho’s act.

“What are you doing Suho?”

“We need to talk Chorong. Why are you avoiding me?”

“I told you I was busy. My phone was in silent and I need to finish my work before tomorrow. By the time I finish it was done, it was time to go back home.”

“Why are you lying Chorong?”

“I’m not lying. I’m telling you the truth.”

“Don’t lie. I went to your office before you finish your work. I waited for almost half an hour. I ask Jinyoung and he said that you went home earlier because you didn’t feel well. Why are you lying to me Chorong? You never lie to me.”

Chorong look at Suho and her face change. Suho saw the sadness in Chorong eyes and cupped her face with both of his hand.

“What happen Chorong? Is there something bothering you? Or are you already planning to leave me.”

Chorong look at Suho. How did he know? Chorong taught.

“Don’t even think about it Chorong. I won’t let you go. Never. Understand.” Suho said.

“But we talk about this. Suho please. I told you if your mom doesn’t agree, we will break up.”

“No. Never. Not going to happen. Chorong listen. Even if the world is against us, I don’t ing care. You are mine and only mine. So don’t even you dare to think about leaving me.” Suho said firmly.

Chorong just nod her head. She couldn’t say anything. She was holding up her tears.

“Please say something Chorong.”

“What do you want to talk about? It’s getting late. Go home.”

“Okay. If that what you want.” He lean closer and kiss her lips. Chorong didn’t want to give in but she couldn’t hold it, so she gives in.

Suho pull out and smile. “I love you Park Chorong.”

Chorong look at him, nod and smile. She didn’t replay back like how she always does. Suho wasn’t happy and said “Baby, I said I love you.”

“I know. I heard it. Me too.”

“Chorong, I said I love you.” Suho said it firmly looking in Chorong eyes.

Chorong know Suho won’t be happy if she won’t say the word. So she said it.

“I love you to.” She said in whisper tone but enough to make Suho hear. Suho smile and kiss her lips again but just a peck. Then he walks out from Chorong’s house. The moment the door was close, Chorong felt on her knee on the floor and cry letting out everything thing from her heart.

“I love you too Suho but we can’t continue our relationship. We won’t be happy if we continue our relation. I’m sorry Suho. I need to let you go.” Chorong crying saying it to herself.

Then she wipes her tears and stand up. She took out her phone and calls her manager.

“Hello Chorong. What is it that you’re calling me this late night?”

“Hello Mrs. Ahn. Sorry to disturb you, but I’m not feeling well. Can I have a two days break?”

“Yes sure. Take a good rest.”

“Thank you Mrs. Ahn.”

Then she hangs up and went to her room to pack her back. If she stays, Suho will meet her everyday and she can’t make that happen.

Just after she packs her bag, she walks out from the house and went somewhere.