CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

At the cafe, it was Leo who take their order again. They all greet him and start order. Suho didn’t like him since he know that he is trying to hit on his girl. Before Leo walk away, Changsub stop him and ask “Wait Leo. By any chance do I know you? Since I saw you the first time, I feel like I saw you somewhere.”

Leo smile and said “What do you mean by that? Maybe we did meet before.”

“By any chance did you go to the same school with us.” Changsub ask pointing at Irene, Chorong and him. “I think I know who you are but It just doesn’t come in my mind.”

Leo frown and let Changsub. Then Changsub remember. “Irene, Chorong doesn’t he kind a look like Taek Woon. Jung Teak Woon. The guy who sit beside me. The guy with big glasses and braces. Our Jung Taek Woon. The one who like Chorong.”

Irene and Chorong frown and shook their head. “No. It can’t be. They look different.” Chorong said. Irene look at Teak Woon again to make sure. Then she shook her head.

“Believe me he look like him. Because I saw him once without glasses.” Changsub say. Then he look at Leo and said “It’s you isn’t it. Your Jung Teak Woon isn’t it.” Changsub say in smile.

Leo smile and then he laugh. Then he nod “Yup. That me.” Changsub was so happy and said “I told you.”

Chorong and Irene look at Leo in shock. “Teak Woon. Is it really you? God you look good. I can’t believe this.” Chorong said in happy tone. Suho on the other side frown angrily and fold his arm on his chest. Irene was still in shock and ask “It’s really you. The nerd Jung Teak Woon.”

“Yes it’s really me. The one and only, nerdy Jung Teak Woon.” Leo said and grin. When Chorong and Irene saw that smile, they look at each other and said “It’s him. I remember that smile. The killer smile.” Chorong said excitedly. Suho wasn’t happy.

Why is this girl so happy meeting other guy infront of her own husband. Suho thought.

“Yeah, the smile only he show to us. Teak Woon ah. Where did you go?” Irene said.

“I’ll tell you later. I’ll be free in 15 minutes. I’ll be back. Let me just send your order first.” Leo said.

Yeah go and don’t bother to come back. No Need to come back. Just go and don’t come back and show your killer smile to my wife. Suho said in his heart.

“Sure. We will be waiting dude. It’s been a long time man.” Changsub say.

Just like Leo promise, after 15 minute, his here sitting with them. He take the nearest chair and sit at the head table between Chorong and Suho. Suho didn’t like the idea. Chorong saw Suho unsatisfied face but she just let him be.

“So tell us, where did you go Teak Woon.” Changsub say.

“Well after our last day at school, I fly to America to be a barista.” Leo said.

“With your glasses and braces.” Changsub say.

“Yup. Since I can’t open my braces yet. After I finish my course as barista, I start to work there and when I have some money that I keep, I did my Lasik and take out my braces.”

“Wow. How long did you stay there?” Chorong ask.

“In 7 years.” He said.

“Wow that’s long. So then what make you plan to come back to Korea. Why didn’t just open cafe there.” Irene said.

“Well I was planning about that. But then I thought why don’t just come back to Korean and start working here. Is better and you have a home here so you don’t have to think about paying a rent and my dad was sick that time that’s the main reasons.”

Chorong, Irene and Changsub just nod. Suho was just listening. Then Leo ask “So Changsub, at last your with Irene huh.”

Changsub and Irene was in shock. Changsub who was drinking her water, choked himself and start coughing. Irene just let out an awkward laugh while Chorong was try hard not to laugh but she couldn’t take it anymore so she laugh. “I told you Irene.” Chorong said and give Leo high five. Suho look at Chorong with angry face and Leo as if his planning to kill him.

“YAH! JUNG TEAK WOON. What are you talking about.” Changsub scold Leo to cover his shame.

Leo was blur and said “What? Did I say anything wrong, Chorongie. Didn’t you like her since our school days. You always sneak peek at Irene since they she and Chorong sit in front of us.”

Chorongie. YAH! She’s my wife and no one call her that. Chorongie. I swear I’ll kill him.

“Yah...Yah..Yah.. Shut up. I never did that. I was focusing at the teacher who was teaching us.”

“Really. If I’m not mistaken, you always look at Irene when the teacher was not inside the class.” Leo provoke Changsub.

“Shut up. Shut the hell up.” Changsub said firmly. Then he continue “You were the one who always spying on Chorong.”

Suho was shock to hear that. What? Uhuh. No..no..no.. Well she’s married now. Suho thought again.

Then Chorong answer “I know.” Leo smile and said “She know. Don’t worry.”

“You know?” Changsub ask.

“Yeah she know. That’s why when homecoming, I was able to make her my partner.” Leo said.

Chorong just nod. Then Changsub say “But your late dude. She married.” Suho was smiling proudly. That’s it my cousin. I’m proud of you. Suho said in his mind proudly.

“I know.”

Changsub frown again and said “You know? How?”

“Dude really. She come here since last 4 years. She was pregnant that time. Duh!”

Changsub just nod. Then Irene say “If you know, why are you still trying to woo her with the pickup line before this.”

“Well the truth is I was giving her a clue. If you remember again Chorong, Irene. The pickup line I say to Chorong is the same pick up line I use to say to her when we were in school days. Remember the on pick up line. ‘Hey aren’t you forgetting something?’”

Chorong smile and said “I said what and then you’ll say..”

“Me.” Leo and Chorong say simultaneously. Then everyone laugh expect Suho. Huh! That’s a pick up line. How salty it can get. It’s good Chorong didn’t fall for that. I can do better than that. Suho said in his head.

“Ewuw! You still use that pick up line.” Changsub say.

Leo just laugh and nod. “That is the only one will make Chorong remember but she was still blur.”

“Well that’s Chorong for you” Irene said.

Then Changsub say “There’s one more isn’t it.”

Leo, Chorong and Irene nod. Then Leo and Chorong say simultaneously “Are you a camera? Because every time I look at you, I smile.”

Everyone was clinging. The Irene said “There is one more. My favourite because Chorong hates it. Kiss me if I'm wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right? That is it isn’t it.”

Chorong and Leo laugh. Then Chorong said “Uhm.. Irene that wasn’t Leo’s. That’s Changsub’s.”

Irene widen her eyes and blush. Then Leo said “The one that Chorong hate is Do you have a map? Because I'm getting lost in your eyes.”

Okay this need to stop. Really. Suho trying to cool himself down by drinking his water.

Chorong just laugh. “Kyaaa..God I still hate that.” Everyone laugh and nod. Just then, someone come and said “Sir, the person you have to meet today have arrive.”

Leo look at him and nod “Okay. Tell him to wait in my office.” The waiter nod and walk away. Everyone look at Leo in shock. Then Irene ask “This is your cafe?”

Leo smile and nod “Yes it is.”

“Wow. Good Job Teak Woon.” Irene and Chorong said. Leo smile and ask permission to walk away. At last Suho can breathe freely. At last his gone. Suho said in his heart.

Just then, someone text Chorong. Chorong read it and smile. Suho saw the smile and he wanted to ask but he control himself. The Irene ask “Your smiling. Who is it?”

“It’s my father-in-law. He said his picking up Haneul today and they are having dinner outside because they need to meet someone. So I don’t need to cook for them.”

“So your alone again. When is your husband coming back home girl.”

Chorong look at Suho and look back at them and just laugh. “Let’s change the topic.”

“I thought so.” Changsub say. Then they start to talk about some random thing.

“So Suho, did you able to find your wife.” Changsub ask.

Chorong who was eating and looking at her plate, widen her eyes. Then Irene say “Your married Mr. Suho.”

“Yes I am. And call me Suho. We are not in office or meeting. Yes I find her.”

“So how she’s doing? Did you approaches her?”

Suho look at Chorong who was looking at him and said “She’s doing fine. I got to know we have a son.”

When Chorong heard that, she choke and start coughing. Irene and Changsub was startle. Irene immediately give her water and tell her to drink. After she drink the water, Irene ask “Are you okay? What happen?”

“Yeah I’m fine. It’s just that the food stuck that’s why.” Chorong explain. Then she kick Suho’s leg. Suho was shock and winch in pain.

Changsub look at Suho and ask “Now what happen to you?”

Suho shook his head and said “Nothing happen. I bang my leg on the table’s leg.”

“Men both of you are acting weird man.” Changsub said to Chorong and Suho. Chorong and Suho just smile.

Then they went back to their office and Suho have to drive back to his office since something came up.