CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

The pain on her leg and shoulder wakes her up. She opens her eyes and a bright light greet her. Then she looks at her right site and saw Suho was sleeping holding her hand. She wanted to ruffle Suho hand but when she moves, she winces in pain. Suho jolted and quickly wake up and look at Chorong.

“What happen? Are you okay?” Suho ask in worry.

Chorong smile and nod. “I’m fine. I need water. I’m trusty.” She said in hoarse voice.

Suho immediately move to pour some water in the glass and help Chorong drink.

“More?” Suho ask.

Chorong shook her head. Suho place the glass on the table and sit on the chair and hold Chorong hand again. Chorong look at Suho and smile.

“What are you smiling at? Did you know that you almost took my life away? Did you know that? How stupid can you be Chorong? Why did you jump infront of the gun? Did you know how I felt when I heard you were in the hospital and got shot? Stupid lady. Didn't you even think about what will happen to me and Haneul is something happen to you. Don’t you ever dare to do that again. Do you understand?” Suho said in firm tone.

Chorong pout and nod her head like a kid. “Yes sir. I understand.”

“Good. Now give your husband a kiss.”

“Then you need to come here because I can’t move.”

Suho smile and move closer and kiss Chorong lips tenderly.

“I’m sorry to disturb but can I meet my sister-in-law.” Namjoo said.

Suho and Chorong break the kiss. Suho look at Namjoo who was with Kyungsoo and Chorong whose face was already red, hide her face under Suho neck.

Just then Haneul run from outside calling Chorong. “Mommy.”

Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim follow from behind.

Chorong look at Haneul and Haneul run, climb the bed and hug her. She winch.

“Be careful son. Your mommy is in pain.” Suho said.

Haneul broke the hug and apologize. “Sorry mommy.”

“It’s okay. I’m fine.”

“How are you dear?” Mr. Kim ask.

“I’m fine dad. Just it hurts if I move.”

“I’m sorry Chorong. I’m really am. If I didn’t stop you to invite you for dinner, the gun shot must be on me, not you.” Suddenly Mrs. Kim said and tears start to fall.

Chorong smile and said “Don’t be mom. It’s not your fault. It was meant to be. So stop apologizing. If the gun shot hit you, I won’t forgive myself. It’s good that your save. So don’t say sorry and stop crying. I’m fine mom. Okay.”

Mrs. Kim nod and smile. How come I’ve been so blind for past years? This girl is an angel. What did I do this girl is my stupidity. For what every I did to her she still forgive me and still save me from the gun shot while Hyo Rim the girl I thought was a good match for my son almost got me kill. Mrs. Kim thought in herself.

“Hey honey, are you okay?” Mr. Kim said hugging her by the shoulder.

Mrs. Kim jolted and came back from her thought and looks at Mr. Kim and smile. “Yes I’m fine. Just was thinking about how stupid and blind I was before this. After what I did to her, she still forgive me and save me from the gun shot.”

“It’s okay. Everyone make mistake and that was your mistake. So don’t worry and smile. Everything going to be okay now. Just I feel sorry for Mr. Seo. In just a blink his daughter and wife is in the jail. The worst part is he didn’t know his wife and daughter will do this.” Mr. Kim said.

Mrs. Kim just nod her head.

Then they all sit, talk and laugh together but Chorong barely laugh. Suho who was sitting on the bed with Chorong hugging her by the shoulder, realize that so he ask “Hey angel. Are you okay?”

Chorong look at Suho and nod “Yes I am fine. Why?”

“Nothing is just that you’re not laughing when everyone is laughing.”

“I would love to laugh but it hurts when I laugh.” Chorong said pointing to her shoulder.

Suho smile and hug her by the shoulder but not to hurt the wounded part. After staying for quite long, the said bye and went home.

In the room, Chorong said “Why don’t you go and have your shower and then change into the clothes that Namjoo brought for you.”

“No. I’m not living you here all alone anymore.”

“Go Suho, you stink. I’ll be fine. So don’t worry. The toilet is just a few step away. You can here if I shout.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes I am. Go.”

“Okay. If you feel pain press the button and if you can shout my name okay. Call me, if anything troubling you. Understand.”

“Yes sir. Now go. I’ll be fine Mr. Kim Jun Myeon.”

“But I don’t feel like leaving you here all alone.”

“Go and take your shower Suho. I told you I’ll be fine. I’ll call you if I need anything or I feel pain. Now go.”

“Okayyy! I’m going.” He peck Chorong lips and when to the toilet that was inside the room.

Chorong smile and shook her head. She take her phone and start to go through her phone.

When Suho was still showering, someone knock on the door. Chorong place her phone on the table and told the person to come in. When he walk in, Chorong frown.

“Hello, Chorong. How are you?”

“I’m fine. I’m sorry but who are you?”

“Sorry. I am Seo Tea Jin. I am Hyo Rim father and Gyeong Ja, the person who shot you husband.”

Chorong was shock and said “Oh!, What are you doing here sir?”

He automatically kneel down and said “I’m sorry. I’m really sorry for whatever they did to you.”

When Chorong want to say something, Suho walk out from the toilet and ask “Hey, sweetheart. Who is it?”

Then when he turn around and saw Hyo Rim’s dad kneeling down. His anger raised and said firmly “What the hell are you doing here? What do you want? Finishing what your daughter and wife left?”

“Suho, cool down. His here to apologize.”

He let out cynical laughter and said “Apologize. After what your wife and daughter did to my wife you can come here and apologize.”

“I’m sorry Suho. I’m really am. I didn’t know they plan this. I’m really sorry Suho.”

“You’re not forgiven. What every your family plan is unforgivable.”

“Suho. Stop. His here to apologize in a good way.” Chorong said and then she look at Mr. Seo and said “Sir please stand up. It’s not good for an elder to kneel down infront of younger people. Please stand up sir.”

Suho was so mad. “Get out. Please get the hell out of here.”

“Suho please. His older then you. Where’s your manners?”

“After whatever his family did to you, you still can say that.”

Then Chorong wanted to move from the bed but winch in pain because of her shoulder and leg. Suho who was so mad, immediately change to worry and run toward Chorong “Are you okay? I told you not to move isn’t it”

“Sorry. I just wanted to cool you down.” Chorong said then she look at Mr. Seo and said “Have a sit sir.”

“Chorong!”

“Suho please. Let’s hear first what he want to say. For me please.”

“Okay. Only because you say.”

Chorong smile and kiss his cheek. “Thank you.”

“I’m sorry Chorong for everything Hyo Rim and Gyeong Ja did to you. I know Hyo Rim really like Suho since in her school year. I know that she was obsess with him. I told her so many time to forget about it because Suho don’t love her. I even told her to stop with her obsession. When I know she was the reason Chorong left you and then blackmail her and even plan to kill her. I was in shock. When she got caught and put in jail, I didn’t feel sorry. She deserve that. I was sad but when I know what she did to you, I felt angry. Then when I heard that Chorong was inside the hospital because my wife shot her and almost get Chorong kill. I really didn’t know about this until the police officer call me and told me everything. Then her assistant came and said that my wife have plan this since Hyo Rim was in jail. I’m sorry Suho, Chorong. Whatever they did is unforgivable but I’m still her to say sorry. I’m not asking for bail them but I just want you to forgive them or at least forgive me. I’m sorry for my family behavior toward you Suho and especially Chorong. I’m really am.”

“It’s fine sir. I really am. I understand whatever they did. Hyo Rim was deeply in love with Suho and your wife was sad and mad because her daughter was send to jail. So I forgive them. You don’t need to say sorry because it’s not even your fault.”

“Thank you Chorong. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.”

Chorong smile and said “Small matter sir. Small matter.”

“Thank you again Chorong. I’ll get going now. Get well soon.”

Chorong just nod her head. When Mr. Seo open the door and want to step out, Chorong stop him and said “Sir, next month will be mom and dad anniversary and Namjoo’s engagement party, why don’t you come.”

Mr. Seo smile and said “I’ll think about it. Thank you for the invitation.” And walk away.

“Chorong, really. After what his family did to us. Too you. and you still forgive them.” Suho said the moment Mr. Seo close the door.

“Suho, everyone make mistake. Hyo Rim love you so much and her mother love her. Look you forgive me even I leave you and you know I don’t deserve this but still you forgive me.”

“But you didn’t leave me because you want to, but you have to.”

“That’s what I’m trying to say. Hyo Rim didn’t blackmail me because she wants to but she have to so that she can have you all by yourself. She love you and when you love someone you intend to do something that you can’t believe you did. Example when you lied to me that you were in the hospital before I agree to marry you.”

“Okay, sorry because of that. But what do you expect. You run away from me and didn’t even pick my calls for almost two days straight. I was worry like hell.”

Chorong just laugh. Then Suho kiss her forehead and hug her. Then Chorong phone ring. Suho sigh and said “Can’t they just let me have a moment with my wife.”

Chorong hit Suho chest and smile. When Chorong look at the caller ID, she smile and instantly answer it. “Doo Jun oppa. What a surprise? Why did you call?”

“How are you Chorong? I heard that you got shot.”

“I’m fine. How did you know?”

“Well if I’m not mistaken, your an billionaire wife so your news will came out in news. So of course I’ll know about this. So how is my sweet girl feeling.”

Suho who was beside her heard it and look at Chorong. Then he said in his mind Sweet girl. Who the hell is he to call my wife sweet girl. Damn who is he? Is he Chorong ex-boyfriend. Damn I’m jealous. Why is he calling Chorong at night.

“I’m fine oppa. How are you?”

“Healthy as always.”

“Baby, who is it? And why are you calling him oppa and his calling you sweet girl.” Suho ask.

Chorong look at Suho and mouthed “I’ll tell you later.” And continue talking with Doo Joon.

Suho just smile and nod. But in his heart is burning because he really want to know who is it?

After quiet long talking to Doo Joon, Chorong hang up. Immediately, Suho ask “Who is that guy? Why is he calling you in the night? Why is he calling my wife sweet girl? I swear if he have feeling for you, I’ll kill him.”

Chorong chuckle and said “His just a friend. Well more like oppa to me. We don’t have feeling for each other because we are more like a siblings. We grow up in the same orphan house.”

“Are you sure he doesn’t have any feeling for you?” Suho ask narrowing his eyes looking at Chorong.

Chorong smile and said “100 percent sure. He was my unnie boyfriend. He still love her even after unnie died and he is still single and have no plan to get married or meet anyone soon. Because he still deeply and dearly love unnie. So don’t worry. We are just close because we grow up at the same orphan and he take me as his little sister.”

“Okay. I believe you then.”

Then Chorong start to yawn. Suho saw that and smile.

“You must be tired. Go to sleep sweetheart.” Suho told Chorong.

Chorong nod her head. Suho help her to lay down. Then Chorong said “Honey, can you sleep beside me. If it’s not a problem.”

“Of course is not. What make you think like that?”

“Well, I thought you won’t use to sleep in small space. And this hospital bed is small.”

“Even if I have to sleep on the floor or tent with you I don’t mind. As long as you are with me.”

Chorong smile and wanted to move but she frown in pain because of her leg. Suho sigh and said “Stop baby. I told you not to move. Even the doctor told you, didn’t him. So stop moving without my help. Okay.”

Chorong nod and smile. Suho pick Chorong up and move her a bit and then lay down beside Chorong. He hug Chorong, kiss her forehead. Then he said “Baby, I know you’re going to be mad but I have to do this.”

“What is it?”

“I told uncle In Soo everything and I write your registration letter already. So you my princess, don’t need to work anymore.”

Chorong pull away from the hug. “AHH!” she winch.

“Are you okay? God, why are you so stubborn baby?”

“Forget about my pain. What did you say? You told Mr. Lee and sent him the registration letter. Are you nuts, Suho. Why did you do that?”

“After whatever happen to you, I’m not going to let you work anymore. Chorong I know your angry and mad. But after the whole situation happen, you scared the hell out of me. I’m not going to let you work anymore. Please Chorong. Just listen to me and stop working. Uncle In Soo call when you were asleep and said his fine with it. So please.”

Chorong sigh and said “Fine. If that’s what you want.”

Suho smile and hug her back. “Thank you baby.” And kiss her hair. Then Chorong fall asleep.

Suho look at Chorong sleeping face and said “I marry an angel. A beautiful angel. How come you have so pure heart Chorong.” And kiss Chorong forehead again and hug her tightly but not to hurt her.