CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

When Chorong wake up, realize that someone was hugging her. she open her eyes and saw Suho’s face. She look at Suho so dearly since he miss looking at Suho so much especially when his sleeping. She cupped Suho’s cheek and caress his cheek with her thumb. When she did that, Suho was awake but let his eyes close. He miss her so much and he don’t want to missed any of this moment anymore.

Then Chorong said “I miss you so much Suho. Only God know how much I miss you. I wish we can stay like this longer but it’s impossible.” Chorong wipe the stray of her tears and move Suho’s hand from her waist slowly. But Suho was faster and pull her back in his hug.

“I miss you too Chorong. I miss you so much. Let’s just stay like this for a while. I miss this moment so much.”

Chorong widen her eyes because she realize that Suho hear what she just say. She push Suho’s chest to make her free from his hug but Suho didn’t let her go. Instead he pull Chorong closer until not even an inch left between Suho and Chorong. Suho open his eyes and meet with Chorong’s eyes.

“I love you so much, Chorong. And only God know how much I love you.” and peck on Chorong’s lips. Chorong startle. Then he continue “And I miss you lips and kisses so damn much.”

“Suho please, let me go. Haneul didn’t go to school today and I need to prepare lunch for him.”

“His still sleeping and don’t worry, Namjoo and dad is out to take care of him and Namjoo can cook for lunch.”

“Dad’s here. Why is he here? Don’t say he knows to.”

“Yes sweetheart. Everyone knows now.”

Chorong was in shock and push Suho harshly but still in Suho arm.

Chorong freak out “No..No..No..No..No. God, no one should know about this. Now mom will hate me more. This can’t happen. Now mom will find me and know about Haneul. She’s going to take him from me to just like how she take you away from me.”

Suho cupped Chorong cheek and wipe Chorong tears with his thumb and tell her to cool down “Cool down Chorong. Hush. No one will separated us from now and no one will separated you from your son, sweetheart. So please don’t panic and cry. You know how I hate to see you cry. Please stop crying. I promise no one will break us up now.”

Chorong didn’t bother what Suho say and push his hand from her cheek and stand up from the bed and walk out to look at Haneul. When she walk out, she saw Haneul was playing with his grandpa and aunty. She smile looking how happy her son is. Then she walk to him and ask “So my son is having happy without her mom.”

Everyone look at Chorong and smile. Haneul run to her and hug her leg. Chorong kneel down and take him in her arm and hug him tightly but not hurting him. When they broke the hug, Haneul said “I’m sorry mom. I didn’t know what I did until you cry but I’m sorry. I don’t like to see you cry and get angry.”

Chorong smile and said “It’s not your fault prince. I was mad but not at you and you didn’t do anything wrong to make me cry so don’t feel guilty okay.”

Haneul nod his head and hug her back and said “I know why you cry mommy. You miss daddy just like I miss daddy. Don’t worry mommy, when he come back I scold him for you because he make my mommy cry.”

Everyone who was there heard it and was shock and smile. A 3 years old boy is talking like his a grow up boy. Chorong break the hug and said “No it’s not because of your daddy. So don’t worry. Now tell me did you take your shower?”

“Yes I did. Aunty sunshine and grandpa help me. We have a lots of fun. I wish daddy is here and help me with my shower. I will be very happy.”

Then Mr. Kim said looking at Haneul “Haneul, what if I say your dad is here.” And then look at Suho who was standing behind Chorong now. Chorong was shock and said “Dad! What are you doing?”

“He deserve to know Chorong. It’s been 4 years he leave without his father and let him know. How long do you want to separate them. Anyway he’ll know sooner or later.”

“I know but please dad not know?”

“Then when?”

“I don’t know. But just not now.”

When Mr. Kim was about to say something, Haneul cut him off by pulling his pants and ask “Grandpa you say daddy is here? Where he is?”

Mr. Kim smile and said “I’ll tell you later. It’s a surprise. Why don’t you bring your aunty to kitchen and help her cooking for lunch.”

Haneul nod and hold Namjoo’s hand. When he walk to the kitchen he stop and look at Chorong and said something that Chorong didn’t expect.

“Mommy do you know that the uncle that help you and standing behind you look just like daddy.” Then he walk to the kitchen.

Chorong was shock and she closed her eyes and tears start to fall. Mr. Kim saw it and walk toward Chorong and hug her. “Don’t cry my daughter. I know it’s hard for you but he miss his daddy to and he deserve to know who his dad is. And I believe the mother miss him too.”

“I don’t know dad. I know he miss his daddy and he want to ask about his daddy but I don’t know why I can’t tell him the truth. I’m scared. I’m so scared.”

“Don’t be. I know you scared that you guys will get separated but that won’t happen. I promise that this won’t happen anymore. Is a dad promise to his daughter.”

Chorong and Mr. Kim break the hug and Chorong look at Mr. Kim and said “If you think that’s the best way. Then I’ll tell him later. But don’t expect me to get back together with Suho.”

Suho was happy when Chorong agree to introduce him to his own son but the smile disappear the moment Chorong said that don’t expect them to get back together. He pull Chorong’s arm and make her turn to face him and ask “Why is it hard for us to get back together Chorong. I love you and I know you love me too. So then why?”

“Because I don’t want to lose you anymore. It’s enough to see you fighting for your life on the hospital bed alone. I don’t want the same thing repeat again. I was so damn happy to see you awake and living your life and listening to your progress from Namjoo. So please don’t expect anything.” And walk to the kitchen.

But Suho pull her arm and said “I’ll win you back today and I make sure you become my wife back Chorong. I promise you before, that nothing gonna happen between us again and I’m saying it again that nothing gonna happen between us anymore. I’ll protect you. By the end of today, you’ll be mine back Kim Chorong.” then let go of Chorong’s arm.

Chorong walk straight to the kitchen. Suho look at Mr. Kim and said “Dad, help me.”

Mr. Kim smile and said “Don’t worry son. Me and your sister will help you. It won’t be hard since she still love you.”

Suho just smile and nod his head.

Chorong on the other side, wipe her tears and before she enter the kitchen. Namjoo saw her and smile and Chorong smile back. Chorong kiss Haneul cheek and said “Why don’t you go in front and play with grandpa.”

Haneul nod his head and step down from the chair and run to the living room. Chorong look at Namjoo and hug her. Namjoo rubs Chorong back to cool her down.

Then Suho walk in the kitchen. Namjoo see him told him to keep quiet.

“Unnie stop crying. What is it? Why are you crying?”

“You know it’s so good to hear that your husband still love you even after you leave him. It’s so good to hear that he still wants us to get back together. but is impossible Namjoo. Once Hyo Rim and mom know this, she’ll plan other things to separate us again and I might die if I have to split with him for second time. You know I really feels like hug him tightly when he said he miss and love me and tell him that I miss him and love him too. I feel really happy when he said everything gonna be okay. But I can’t because I know it’s impossible.”

“It’s not. Unnie you marry him didn’t you and he said he’ll make you say yes isn’t it.”

Chorong nod in Namjoo’s arm. Then Namjoo continue “Then why don’t you just believe him and just let him protect you. I Know he will unnie.”

Chorong break the hug and said “I can’t. I have my own reasons.”

“What’s your reasons unnie? Tell me. Please no more secret.”

Chorong take a deep breath and let it go and said “When I get to know that Hyo Rim and mom was the one plan this, Hyo Rim came to meet me again without mom. She said that she’ll do anything to make Suho’s hers. She said she was able to make mom say yes to this plan and she can make mom to agree in any of her plan. She even able to make mom hate me so much. She said she will try to kill me even Suho will come again and again to save me. She said even she have to kill Suho, she will do it because if she don’t get Suho, no one will. She said that she will kill anyone that stop Suho from being with her even if that person is from Suho’s family. She try to kill me and she can kill you, dad and mom to if you guys stop her from making Suho hers. I don’t want that to happen. It’s good enough that your oppa is alive.”

“She said that unnie. Oh My God, I didn’t expect she can go until this far. How could she.” And hug her back.

Suho who hear it, clench his hand because he is so damn angry. Namjoo saw that and told him to control and cool down.

“There’s more Namjoo. Your mom came and meet me once after she told me to leave Suho. She beg me and said that she’ll do anything and don’t meet Suho anymore as long as I will leave and sacrifice my love for Suho and never see him again because Hyo Rim was threats her that Hyo Rim will tell everyone about your mother’s background because no on knows about your mother’s truth. And when I see a mother begging like that, what should I do. I can’t just let it be and just care about my happiness. You should see how your mother look that time Namjoo. She look scared.”

When Chorong cool down, Namjoo broke the hug and said “Now stop crying unnie. We will find a way okay. But stop make yourself and oppa suffer anymore.”

Chorong just nod and let it be. Then both of them start cooking.

***

After lunch, everyone was sitting in the living room. Chorong was trying to run away from Suho and trying not to look at him. Suho realize that since everytime he try to sit beside Chorong or hold her, she’ll give an excuses. Mr. Kim and Namjoo saw that and told Suho to take everything slowly and one by one. When they were sitting in the living room, Haneul ask Mr. Kim “Grandpa, you say daddy is coming today. When is he coming?”

Mr. Kim smile and look at Chorong. Chorong just smile and nod her head. Mr. Kim smile again and look at Haneul.

“Why don’t you ask your mommy to tell you.”

Haneul walk to Chorong and sit on her lap.

“Tell me mommy. Where is daddy and when is he coming back. I want to meet him.” Chorong smile and said “What if I say your daddy is hear in the house?”

“Really mommy. Where is he? I want to see daddy.”

Chorong close her eyes and try to control her tears. She open it back and look at Suho then look back and Haneul.

“Do you remember the uncle that save mommy when mommy fainted?”

Haneul nod his head up and down and point it to Suho. Then she continue “Well... his your daddy, Haneul.”

Haneul look at Suho and look back at Chorong. “Are you sure mommy? This uncle here is my daddy.”

Chorong smile and said “Yes Haneul. His your daddy.”

“His my daddy grandpa, aunty sunshine.” Haneul ask looking at Namjoo and Mr. Kim. Both of them smile at him and nod. Then Haneul look at Suho and said “You are my daddy.”

Suho kneel down and nod. Then he said “Yes son, I’m your daddy.” Then open his arm and said “Aren’t you going to give your daddy a hug because daddy miss you.”

He immediately stand up and run into Suho’s arm. Suho hug him tightly as if he will lose Haneul. Then they broke their hug and said “Daddy you are bad. You make mommy cry. I’m not going to talk to you today.” Haneul turn around and fold his arm on his chest. Everyone there smile and laugh accept Chorong. Then Suho said “Really. Daddy is sorry. What can daddy do to have yours and mommy’s sorry.”

“I will forgive you if mommy forgive you.”

“So what can I do to make your mommy to forgive me?”

“Mommy always forgive me if I kiss her why don’t you kiss mommy, daddy. Why don’t you kiss mommy. She will forgive you.”

Suho grin looking at Chorong while Chorong was in shock when Haneul said that. Then Haneul pull Suho arm and said “Come on daddy. Say sorry to mommy. Go and kiss mommy.”

Suho stand up and walk to where Chorong was sitting and sit beside her. Chorong heart start to beat fast. When he look at Suho, their eyes meet. Suho smile and whisper to Chorong and said “I miss kissing you.”

“Don’t even dream of it. I’m letting you to kiss me because of Haneul.” Chorong grit her teeth and said.

Suho just able to smile then Haneul said “Come on daddy. Kiss mommy.” Suho look at Haneul and look back at Chorong. Chorong look at Haneul and smile when Haneul said that but the truth is she didn’t like the idea. Then Suho kiss her cheek make Chorong widen her eyes. Mr. Kim and Namjoo saw Chorong face and was trying to cover their smile and laugh. Then Haneul said something that make SUho smile from ear to ear and Chorong shock.

“Not like that daddy. Kiss mommy on the lips. I always kiss mommy on the lips so that she forgive me.”

“It’s okay son. Your daddy kiss me and it’s enough.”

“No mommy. I want you to forgive daddy.”

Chorong close her eyes and sigh. “Come on daddy. Kiss mommy.”

Suho look at Chorong and smile. He move closer and kiss her lips. It was a quick kiss. Even he wanted to kiss her longer but he need to control himself. Chorong start to blush.

Haneul was happy and ask his mommy “Mommy, did you forgive daddy now?”

Chorong smile bitterly and nod her head. “Yes Haneul. Mommy forgive your daddy.”

Haneul was happy and hug Suho back. Suho hug him and look at Chorong and mouthed “Really?”

Chorong mouthed back “In your dream.” And stand up since she didn’t get any bath since morning. Namjoo and Mr. Kim just laugh. Haneul was so happy that his daddy is back. He didn’t even leave Suho side and Suho didn’t mind since he miss 4 years of being with Haneul moment.

Mr. Kim and Namjoo smile looking at Suho and Haneul and they never saw Suho and Haneul that happy before. Then Haneul look at Mr. Kim and Namjoo and said “I’m so happy today. Everyone is here with me. Mommy won’t cry anymore because daddy is here. I don’t like mommy crying.”

Namjoo and Mr. Kim smile and nod their head. Then Haneul continue “I wish uncle Kyungsoo was here. He can play with me and I can show him my daddy. I like playing with him. Aunty sunshine why don’t you call uncle Kyungsoo to come.”

Namjoo was in shock and her cheek was red. Mr. Kim and Suho both look at Namjoo and raised their eyebrow. Namjoo look at them smile shyly. Then Suho said “So Kyungsoo huh?”

Namjoo just smile. then Haneul said “Yes. Aunty and uncle Kyungsoo always come here together. Uncle Kyungsoo always play with me. I hear uncle Kyungsoo said I love you to aunty and aunty said I love you to uncle. Just like mommy always say to me and you daddy. Daddy I even saw them kiss lips to lips.”

Namjoo was so shock and said “Okay little boy there. You are talking to much now. Don’t you have some work to do.”

Mr. Kim and Suho was just trying to control their laugh. Haneul look at Namjoo and said “No I don’t have any. I want to play with daddy.” Then continue playing with Suho.

Namjoo wasn’t comfortable sitting there with Mr. Kim and Suho always eyeing on her and walk to the kitchen just to run away from her dad and oppa.

Then Suho ask “Haneul, you said mommy always say she love me. When did she said that?”

Haneul said while playing with his toys “Before she sleep and she will kiss your picture. Mommy do that especially when she cry at night alone. Mommy don’t know that I know she cry alone in her room. Don’t tell mommy if not she will be very worry and mad at me. Because mommy don’t like to cry infront of me.”

Suho smile, kiss Haneul chubby cheek and ruffle Haneul’s hair. Then they continue playing together.