FIFTY ONE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

In the morning, Chorong eyes felt really heavy to open her eyes. She shut off the alarm and try to open her eyes. After a few attempt, at last she open her eyes. Moving Suho’s hand on her waist slowly not to wake him up and get up from the bed. Once she was on her feet, her head start to spin and automatically sit on the edge of the bed again.

She tries to close her eyes and take a deep breath and let it go. The she open her eyes and felt relax. The pain on her head was gone. She got up again and walk straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

Once she was done and got change into comfortable yet appropriate clothes. Tying her hair up into pony-tale, she let Suho sleep longer since is just 7 in the morning and walk down and straight to the kitchen.

Once she was in the kitchen, the maid greet her and she smile and greet back.

“What’s for breakfast, Mrs. Shin?”

“The main is beef kimchi stew and the side dish is, kimchi, egg roll, and fish.”

Chorong nod and said “Can I help anything?”

“No, Mrs. Chorong. It’s fine. We can do it.”

“First call me Chorong. Second, let me help. At least let me cook the egg or stew.”

“No ma’am…I mean Chorong. If Mr. and Mrs. Kim know, I’ll get scold.”

“Don’t worry. You won’t.” Chorong take the extra apron and wear it. “Let me help.”

Mrs. Shin felt guilty but still nod. Then Chorong start to help her buy cutting the ingredient. In the end, Chorong was the one who cook stew and Mrs. Shin cook the side dish. Once everything is done, they start to serve the table by placing the utensils and the side dish. Just the time they were almost done, Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim walk in holding Haneul hand. Then Namjoo follow.

“Good morning mom, dad, Namjoo.”

“Good morning.” All of them said.

Then they heard Suho voice.

“Mom, dad, Namjoo.”

“Yes son. Were in the dining room.”

Suho was walking in the dining room and didn’t saw Chorong. “Did you see my wife? She wasn’t even in the bed.”

Just then, Chorong walk out from the kitchen bringing the side dish that left.

“There you are.” Suho said in happy tone.

Chorong frown and ignore Suho. Once everything was done, all of them sit down. Once she sits down, Suho move closer and whisper “I didn’t get my morning kiss today. And I want it. I’ll claim it later.”

Chorong look at Suho in shock and said “Grow up.” And they start eating. Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim and Namjoo saw it and just smile looking at Suho and Chorong.

When they were having their breakfast, Mrs. Kim said “Mrs. Shin. Your stew taste different today. It’s so good.”

“I didn’t cook the stew today Mrs. Kim. It was Chorong.”

Mrs. Kim look at Chorong and saw Chorong was just able to smile.

“It’s really good Chorong. This is the first time I taste your food.”

“Thank you, mom.” Chorong said shyly.

Then Mrs. Shin said “It’s good Chorong and Mr. Suho leave in a different house. If not I will need to find another job.”

Everyone just laugh. After the dinner, they sit down in the living room and start discussing about the party for tomorrow night.

In the evening, Haneul came to Chorong and rub her eyes.

“Mommy.”

“Yes Haneul. What is it?” Chorong pick Haneul up and sit him in her lap.

“I’m sleepy. I want to sleep.”

“Okay. Let’s put you to sleep then.”

Chorong pick Haneul up and walk up stairs. On her way up, Chorong bumped into Suho who was walking down the stairs.

“Where are you going?” Suho ask.

“Putting Haneul to sleep. His sleepy.”

Suho just nod and Chorong continue walking up. Once tug Haneul in the bed in her and Suho’s room, Haneul fall asleep. Chorong was sleepy to so she fall asleep beside Haneul. Suho walk in the room to check Haneul and Chorong and was shock that his wife is also sleeping hugging Haneul.

He walks closer to Chorong and move the strand of hair from Chorong face and kiss her temple.

“I thought so you will be sleeping to. You look so tired.” And kiss her cheek.

The kiss wake Chorong up and she open her eyes and saw Suho was smiling at her. She smile back and said “Sorry. I fall asleep. I didn’t realize I fall asleep.”

“It’s fine sweetheart. You look tired anyway. Namjoo said your head was hurting earlier. Are you okay now?” Suho ask in worry.

“Yup. Just a temporary headache. It wasn’t serious anyway. I’m fine now. Just they were having wine and I didn’t able to stand the smell. That’s all.”

“Okay then. If it still attack you. Then tell me. We can go to the clinic.”

Chorong smile and nod. “Let’s go back down. Namjoo wanted to say something to me.”

After tug in Haneul properly and kiss his forehead, they walk down holding hand.

Once there reach down, Namjoo walk to Suho and said “Oppa, I’m borrowing unnie for awhile.” And pull Chorong away.

“Make sure you give her back to me.” Suho shout.

Namjoo pull Chorong out from the house and the sit on the swing that is at their garden. Then Chorong saw Namjoo worry face.

“What happen, Namjoo? Is something troubling you. You look worry.”

Namjoo look at Chorong and said “I am worry unnie. I am so worry.”

“What are you worried about. Come on tell me.”

She takes a deep breath and let it out. She looks back at Chorong and hold her hand. “Do you think I’m doing the right think?”

Chorong frown. “Huh! I don’t understand Namjoo. What are you talking about?”

“Getting engage and marrying Kyungsoo. Do you think it’s a right thing?”

“Hey, Namjoo. What are you talking about? Why are you saying like this? What happen? Did both of you fight?”

“No we didn’t. Okay, I’m going to tell you everything but promise me that you won’t tell oppa about this.”

“Okay, I promise.”

“Look a month ago after having dinner at your house, we went for a simple date near the park where we always go for a date. We meet his ex-girlfriend. And by the way she look at Kyungsoo, is as if she still love him. Then I went to date with him 2 weeks ago and I get to know that she text Kyungsoo and keep on disturbing him. He told me about this because his scared that if I know from others mouth, I will misunderstand it. And the day we went for a shopping and I said that I wanted to go to the toilet, I saw him with her. Just both of them, holding hand. Well basically, she was the one and who holding his hand, and his trying to pull the hand from her. The problem now is, I can see how determined she is to take Kyungsoo from me. And I’m scared that Kyungsoo will go back to her. He run away from Korean for almost 3 years just to forget about her and came back after he was able to forget about her. Now she’s back and I’m really scared that he’ll leave me. And if he do, I don’t think I can leave without him unnie. I’m not as strong as you are unnie. I know he love me dearly because the way he look at me, he treat me. But what if, he really leaves me.” Namjoo start to tears up.

Chorong sigh and hug her. “I know that feeling Namjoo. You’re scared that if he leave you and you might die. I was like that to. But in my case, I was the one leave your oppa not the other way around. Believe me if Haneul was in my womb that time, I might already die. I was strong because of Haneul. I believe that Kyungsoo will never leave you. Namjoo did that girl meet you.”

Namjoo just nod.

“Did you tell Kyungsoo that she meet you?”

Namjoo shook her head.

“Can your unnie know what did she said to you?”

“She said that she will do anything to make Kyungsoo hers back.”

The broke the hug and Chorong said looking at her “I know I will be very stupid to say this because I never did it, but you need to tell Kyungsoo about this. I don’t want that happen to me, happen to you. This kind of girl that obsess with our guy is a psycho. They’ll do anything to have our guy. Tell him and he’ll understand. Once she knows that Kyungsoo know about this, she’ll back of. Tell her that. Tell her today or tomorrow. But tell him. Okay.”

Namjoo nod. “Okay. Thank you, unnie. Thank you so much. I love you.”

“I love you to. Now let’s go before the oppa of your walk out here and drag us in.”

Just then, Suho walk out from the house and said “Why are you guys taking so long out there. It’s cold. Come in.”

“We’re coming.” Chorong said and look at Namjoo and said “I told you.”

Namjoo just laugh. Then the walk in the house.

That after the dinner, they were sitting in the living room and talking until late night. Then Chorong stand up. Everyone look at her.

“Where are you going sweetheart?” Suho ask.

“For a walk. I need an air.” Chorong said.

“Alone?” Namjoo ask this time.

“Yeah. Alone. Why?” Chorong answer.

“No you’re not. I’m coming with you. It’s dangerous to walk alone at night.” Suho said and stand up.

Chorong just sigh and nod. Wearing their coat and Suho help Chorong wear her scarf around the neck and they walk out the house hand in hand.

“Do you want me to bring my car?” Suho ask.

Chorong shook her head and said “No. Let’s walk. It’s been a long time we didn’t have a walk together.”

Suho smile and kiss her temple. Then they start walking.

While they were walking, Suho saw Chorong face look tired. He was worried. So he asks “Sweetheart, are you okay? You look tired. Let’s go back to the house.”

She smile and said “No. I’m fine. I still want to walk.”

“Do you want me to pick you up?”

Chorong laugh. “No. I’m fine. Really. Stop worrying honey.”

“Okay then. As you wish.” He said. Chorong kiss his cheek and continue walking.

While walking, they talk about lot of thing. Some about their past memories when they were dating and some about random thing. When Chorong was a bit tired when they were walking, Chorong ask “Can we have a sit? I’m tired.”

“Sure. Let’s go to the café nearby. We can have some coffee and sit there.”

Chorong just nod and they walk to the café. Once the walk in, Chorong ask for waffle with ice-cream and chocolate syrup on top and Suho just go with his usual black coffee.

“You really have a big appetite this past few days sweetheart.”

“I know. But I don’t know why.”

Suho just chuckle and they eat. Once they done, they walk back to home. Suho saw how tired Chorong was, he stop and squats infront of Chorong.

“What are you doing Suho. Stand up.”

“Nope.” He said popping the ‘P’. “You look tired baby. Let me carry you.”

“I still can walk Suho.”

Suho pull her by her hand and she instantly flop on Suho back. Before Chorong was able to stand up, he stands up carrying her on the back.

“You know I really can walk.” Chorong said.

“I know. I just want to pick you up. It’s been a long time I didn’t pick you up like this. When was the last time.” Suho said and start to think. Then he remember and said “Yes, you were drunk on Jinyoung birthday party. I still don’t understand why you drank so much if you can’t handle it.”

“I just wanted to have fun and I was stress about something. That’s all.”

Suho keep on walking and talking. What he didn’t realize is that Chorong already fall asleep. He realize it just after an old lady came and said that Chorong already fall asleep. So who was he talking to?

He laughs and thanks the old lady. Once they arrive at the house, Mrs. Kim open the door in worry face and ask “Where were you guys? I was worry. And what happen to Chorong? Is she fine?”

“She’s fine mom. Don’t worry. She looks tired so I carry her and she fall asleep. I should lay her down now.”

“Yes. Go.” Mrs. Kim move a side and Suho walk up after saying good night to his mom. Once he walks in the room, he laid Chorong down and takes of her scarf and coat. Kiss her forehead and lips and said good night.

He walks out to drink some water and ask anyone where Haneul is. Once he walks out, Namjoo walk out from her room so he ask Namjoo.

“Namjoo, do you know where Haneul is?”

“Yeah. His sleeping in my room. He wanted to sleep with me.”

“Okay. I’ll pick him up later.”

“No. it’s okay. Let him sleep with me. Even I want to sleep with him.”

“Okay then. As you wish. Thank you, princess.”

“No problem oppa.” And Suho walk down, drink the water and walk back up and lie down beside Chorong and pull her closer to him. He immediately fall asleep hugging Chorong like usual.