CHAPTER FORTY THREE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

When they arrive home, Haneul ran to Chorong and Suho and hug Chorong’s leg and beam his face. Chorong smile, kneel down and hug him.

“Hi my little prince. How was your day?”

“It was fine. I go to daddy office and it’s so big. I play with grandpa too.”

“Really. Good to know that. So did you behave?”

“Yes I did. Ask daddy. I was a good boy.”

“Of course you were.” Suho said ruffle hair.

“Good boy. Now let mommy go and change and we can cook for dinner.”

Haneul nod his head, walk back his grandpa, and continue playing with his toys. Chorong and Suho say hi to Mr. Kim and walk upstairs. Before the was able to walk up that stairs, Mr. Kim stop them and said "Guys, I need to ask you something."

Chorong and Suho frown and chorong ask "What is it dad?"

"Did something happen to Haneul?"

Suho and Chorong shook their hand. then Suho ask "Why are you asking dad?"

"Okay, just don't panic. This evening, Haneul fall asleep in my office after yo left. In his sleep, he was crying and saying that mommy don't leave him. Mommy, it hurt. and he keep on repeating the same thing. that's why I ask."

"I'm not sure dad. Everything was fine this morning. We'll ask him later."

"Okay. Please do. No go and take a bath."

They no and continue walking up to shower and change. The moment they enter the room, Chorong lie down on the bed and start stretching. Suho just smile looking her. He know that today was a busy day for her and now ad on with what happen to Haneul.

He walk near her and planted a soft kiss in her forehead. Chorong open her eyes and give him a small smile.

“Go on and take a shower. You need to freshen up. Do you sure you want to cook? You look so tired.” Suho ask.

Chorong change her position from lying to sit down. She nod and said “Yes. You know how I love to cook. Anyway, I won’t feel tired after I take a shower.”

“Are you really sure? I can just call a Chinese restaurant and deliver food. Dad will understand.”

“I’m really am fine. So don’t worry.” Chorong smile.

He cupped Chorong face and said “Why don’t you just stop working and be a housewife like you use to be. You know I don’t like the idea of you working.”

Chorong sigh and said “Suho, please. Do not start. Let me just work first. No one know yet that your my husband. Even your uncle. The only one know about this is Changsub and Irene.”

“Why? Aren’t you supposed to be happy that you have a rich and multimillionaire husband?”

“Of course I am happy. but I’m comfortable right now with my position and no one knows who I am. Once they know they will treat me differently and girls will hate me. Let me correct you something. It’s not rich and multimillionaire husband but its possessive rich and multimillionaire husband.”

“Okay fine. It’s up to you. but I can’t take it longer. I want you to be at home and take care of our children.”

“Children?”

“Yes. I want more. I’m happy with Haneul. But Haneul need a baby sister or brother to.”

“SUHO!”

“What? I’m telling the truth. We can start now if you want it.”

Chorong smile and shook her head. She move from Suho and stand up. The she went to the shower to take a long and cold shower. Before Chorong walk in the bathroom, Suho call her and said "Chorog, don't worry to much. Haneul will be fine. I promise."

Chorong smile and nod her head.

After shower, she walks down and straight to the kitchen to cook dinner.

While they were having dinner, Chorong realize that Namjoo wasn’t with them so she ask.

“Where’s Namjoo?”

“She out dating. Someone is getting propose today.” Mr. Kim said with smile on his face.

“Really? Kyungsoo is proposing her.”

“Yes he is. He came and meet us yesterday asking about proposing her. We were happy. So he said he plan to propose her today.” Suho said.

“Wow. I’m happy for them. I can see how Kyungsoo love her so much.” Chorong said.

“How long have you know Namjoo and Kyungsoo relationship?” Mr. Kim ask.

“Four years ago. I saw the way Kyungsoo look at Namjoo. It was full of admires and love, but your daughter didn’t realize that. So I ask Kyungsoo about it he and he said he love Namjoo but he was scared if the same thing repeat again or Namjoo isn’t interested with him. So I told him to give a try and I know Namjoo won’t hurt her since herself been hurt. So basically I just let them be and handle it. After two years, Namjoo came and said Kyungsoo love her which I already know but she was scared to accept.”

“Why?” Mr. Kim ask.

“Because, first she’s been hurt before. Second Kyungsoo is his brother best friend so he sacred Suho will be mad and object their relationship. And last one is she was scared to get hurt and scared with her over protective brother.”

“So when did you know they were in relationship?” Mr. Kim ask. He was interested in his daughter love life. He didn’t know it like how he know about Suho and Chorong.

“One day, Haneul came and said ‘uncle, aunty kiss’ I didn’t know what he mean by that. But then when Namjoo and Kyungsoo was sitting at the living room, Haneul point at them and said the same word. They were shock I was more. Since that time, they told me that they were in relationship but no one need to know about it especially me and Suho. Because she didn’t want to sound selfish just think about our their happiness while me and Suho was not.” Chorong said. There were a sad tone when she said the last word. Suho saw it and hold it and squeeze it.

“It’s okay dear. Everything is in past now. What matter now is that you and Haneul are with me now.”

Chorong just smile. Mr. Kim look at the sweet couple infornt of them. He know how suffer was Chorong and Suho without each other by their side. Now even Namjoo is happy. In certain part in his heart he was happy with his son and daughter happiness. He miss his wife. But thinking about what she did, it’s hard for him to forgive her wife.

On the other side of story, Kyungsoo was very nervous about what he gonna said to Namjoo. He was scared that Namjoo will say no.

When he was on his way to Namjoo’s office, he was practicing his speech. He never felt this nervous before even with Areum. He never even feel this happy when he was with her. Now he is regretting crying over the girl. If he didn’t ran away, maybe he’ll meet Namjoo and maybe they already married and have a kids. Just thinking about that, Kyungsoo smile.

When he arrive at Namjoo’s office, he text her saying that his here. Namjoo told him to wait since she still have some work to get done. When Namjoo walk out the office main door, he saw her and smile.

God! She even look hot even in her formal attire. Kyungsoo you need to control. Stop being a jerk. Kyungsoo thought. Namjoo was wearing her favourite chambray shirt and tan pencil skirt. Namjoo saw him and walk near him.

“Hey, you look y.”

Namjoo raised her eyebrow. Kyungsoo realize what he just said and said “Sorry. I mean hot. .” Namjoo was shock. Kyungsoo felt embarrassed and bit his lower lips. Then he said “I mean beautiful. You look beautiful.”

Namjoo just chuckle at the way Kyungsoo embarrassed face. “Shall we go now?” Namjoo said with her smile.

Kyungsoo nod and then open the car door for her. She thanked him and slid in. Then he walk to his side and slid in. When there were on their way to the place, Namjoo ask “So where are we going?”

“Somewhere? It’s a surprise.”

“Surprise. Of what occasion. Today is just like other days isn’t it. Or did I forget something.” Namjoo said.

Kyungsoo chuckle and said “No dove, you didn’t forget anything. Just I want to bring you somewhere since I’ve been busy this past few days and barely text and call you.”

“I don’t mind. I know your busy. Anyway I was busy to.”

Kyungsoo just smile and nod. They talk about their day and Namjoo saw Kyungsoo face was in worry. But she just let it be. She thought maybe it’s his work.

When they arrive at the place, Namjoo frown and look at Kyungsoo.

“What are we doing at your building?”

“Just come.” Kyungsoo said to her. Namjoo nod her head and just follow Kyungsoo in the building. It was empty since is off work time. The walk in holding hand. When they walk in the elevator, Kyungsoo press the rooftop floor button. Namjoo felt weird but she just let it be. In the elevator, it was silent but comfortable one. When they walk out the elevator, Namjoo was in surprise. There was a table and two chair in the middle of the rooftop. Flower petals and candle was all along the way from the elevator to their dining table. Everything was perfect. She look at Kyungsoo and ask “What is this?”

Kyungsoo smile and said “A dinner date, my beautiful dove. Let’s go.”

They walk along the petals and between the candle. When they was at the table, Kyungsoo pull the chair for Namjoo and Namjoo sit after thanking him. He kiss Namjoo’s head and then walk to the other chair and sit. The waiter from nowhere serve them their dinner and they start eating and talking.

After dessert, they talk and talk when Kyungsoo said.

“I need to go somewhere. I’ll be back.”

Namjoo just nod her head and let Kyungsoo go. Kyungsoo walk in the building and took his guitar where he place there earlier and walk back to the rooftop. When Namjoo saw the guitar, she ask with a smile.

“What is the guitar for? Are you going to play for me?”

Kyungsoo nod and said “Yes I am. And I’m gonna sing for you to. So just sit down there and listen okay.”

Namjoo smile and nod. She was so excited. This is not the first time Kyungsoo play guitar for her and everytime he plays for her she love it because Kyungsoo look so charming and y with his guitar.

The moment Kyungsoo play the guitar stringed and start singing. She was shock. Kyungsoo start to sing Lee Seung Gi’s ‘Will You Marry Me’. Tears start to fall and hearing Kyungsoo sweet voice make her heart flutter. When they rap part come, he didn't rap but he say it like quotes. Namjoo was so move. When they song end, Kyungsoo place his guitar on the floor and walk to Namjoo and kneel down and took out the velvet box. It was a queen silver ring.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f486d4e465033746a5776626b65773d3d2d3334353535393037392e3134393032383761366633373861303135393139333736383036382e6a7067

He took a deep breath and said “Kim Namjoo, you bring the best out in me. You are my sunshine and the love of my life. I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. When I think about you, I know that no one else will ever hold my heart the way you do. When I met you, I knew I'd met my match. It was only a matter of time until we arrived at this moment. I found the reason of my smile, the day I found you. Let’s spend the rest of our lives together and grow old together. So Kim Namjoo will you marry me and be my Mrs. Do Namjoo?”

Namjoo tears keep on falling. She cover with her hand since she was so shock. She was still not sure since she didn’t know if he talk to her family. Then Kyungsoo said “Don’t worry. I have talk with your parents and oppa. They agree about it. Even your mom did. So Kim Namjoo will you?”

When Namjoo heard that, she nod her head said “Yes. Yes I will marry you. Yes I will be your Mrs. Do Namjoo forever.”

Kyungsoo was so happy to hear that. He take out the ring from the box and take Namjoo left hand and slide it in her ring finger. Then he kiss the ring and then cupped Namjoo face and kiss her lips. They smile in the kiss. Both of them are so happy. They pull out from the kiss and Kyungsoo place his forehead on hers.

“Thank you dove. Thank you so much. I love you.”

Namjoo smile and said “I love you too sugar.”

Kyungsoo give her a quick kiss and pull her in his arm and hug her tightly.

When they stay long enough and it’s getting late, so the decide to go home. When they arrive at Suho’s penthouse, Namjoo thanked him and was about to walk out when Kyungsoo pull her on the elbow and kiss her on the lips. They broke the kiss and Namjoo open her eyes and meet with his and smile.

“Goodnight dove. I love you.” Kyungsoo said in his husky voice.

“Goodnight. I love you too.” And Namjoo walk out the car and walk in the building and the moment she step in the elevator and the door close, she lean her back on the wall and hold her heart. She can’t believe this what just happen. She look at the ring and said “I’m engagement to guy that I love. I’m engagement to my dream guy.”

When the elevator door open, she step out and walk to the door and press the pin to unlock the door. When she walk in, there was Chorong standing at near the door. She walk in and hug her.

“Unnie. I’m so happy today.” Namjoo said.

Chorong hug her back and said “I know. You look happy. Your face was glowing the moment you step in the room. I’m happy for you my sister-in-law.”

They broke the hug and Namjoo saw Mr. Kim and Suho standing near them. Mr. Kim walk near his daughter and said “I’m happy for you princess.”

“Thank you dad. Thank you so much.” Namjoo said. She was thanking because her dad was happy for her and he give his blessing to them. Then Suho came and hug her.

“I’m happy for you my little sister. Your happy aren’t you?” Suho ask puling her from hug and look at her face.

Namjoo nod and said “Yes oppa. I’m happy. very happy. Thank you for approving our relationship.”

Suho smile and said “If you’re happy, I’m happy. But if he hurt you I swear I break his bone and won’t even think about looking at any girl.” Everyone laugh.