CHAPTER TWENTY

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

“Honey your early today.” Chorong said to Suho went she saw Suho walk in the main door.

“I have something to settle.” Suho said coldly

Chorong frown. She felt weird why is Suho acting like that. He never acts like that. She follow Suho to the office room. When she saw Suho open the drawer, she start to panic.

“Baby, why are you opening my drawer?” Chorong ask in her worried voice. She was trying to cover it but she couldn’t.

Suho who was still finding something from the drawer ask in her sarcastic voice “Why? Is there something you keeping secret from me?”

She gulp and said “N..No I’m not. I’m just asking?”

God, please don’t let him find the contract. Chorong pray.

Then Suho found it. He takes it out from the drawer. When Chorong saw it, she start to panic even more. What I’m gonna tell him about that? She taught.

Suho pull out the paper from envelop and read it. There were even divorce form with his and Chorong’s name.

“What is this Chorong?” Suho ask showing the paper to Chorong. He ask in a very calm voice but it was firm.

Chorong wanted to say something but she couldn’t.

“I’m asking you Kim Chorong. What is this?” This time raise his voice.

Chorong eyes start too watery. The she said slow but enough for Suho to hear “A contract.”

“Who is this from?” Suho ask firmly.

It took few minutes for Chorong to answer “From mom.”

Suho sigh and ask “Why didn’t you tell me about this Chorong?”

Chorong know that Suho is angry. He always use her name if his angry.

“I...I couldn’t. I...I don’t know how to tell you. I know you’ll be angry at mom if I tell you.” Chorong said looking at her feet.

Suho then walk out past Chorong. Chorong follow him running and pull his arm and ask “Where are you going, Suho?”

“I need explanation from mom. Why is she doing this to you.”

“No. Please don’t. Suho I’m begging you Suho. Mom hates me enough. If you ask her about this, she’ll hate me more. Please Suho. Please. I’m begging you.” Chorong beg Suho.

“No. This is too much Chorong. If Namjoo didn’t tell me, I wouldn’t even know mom come here everyday just to torture you. I need answer for this.” Suho pull his hand from Chorong grip and walk away. Chorong follow him from back but by the time she walk out the room and to the elevator, the door was already close. Chorong shout and beg at Suho but it was useless.

***

Suho drive straight to his parent’s mansion. When he arrives, he rushes out the car and walk in the house. When he was inside the house, he shouts call his mother.

His mother come out from her room and said “Son, at last your home. Why are you here and why are you shouting?”

His dad and Namjoo in the house.

He throws the contract on the floor infornt of his mother and asks angrily “What is this mom?” That time, he didn’t care at all who he was talking to.

Mrs. Kim picks it up and read the paper and looks at Suho. She wasn’t scared at all. She didn’t even panic. She smirks.

His dad takes the paper from Mrs. Kim and read it. He was shock. He didn’t expect her wife will go this low. Then he look at his wife and ask “Hee Kyung ah, what is this?”

Mrs. Kim then said “Well that girl really didn’t know to keep secret does she. Anyway it’s good that you already know.”

“She didn’t tell me anything mom. She keeps this as secret for the whole one damn week. If Namjoo didn’t came and tell me about this, I wouldn’t know about this forever. Why did you do this to me and her mom? WHY?” Suho was so mad at that moment.

“I have to. It’s been three month of your marriage and she’s not pregnant yet. Why? Isn’t it weird? I told you earlier she just want your money. Or maybe she’s can’t get pregnant at all. You know, maybe she’s sterile.”

“MOM! How could you say that to your daughter-in-law? Didn’t even you taught that maybe I am the one who is sterile.”

“She’s not my daughter-in-law Suho. I have told you this before. I won’t accept her as my daughter-in-law forever. And no. You acn’t be because your my son.”

“Then listen to this mom. It’s not Chorong fault for not getting pregnant. It was mine. I was the one who told her to take the pill. I wanted to because I still want to be just with her. I would love to have a child but not now. And Chorong is normal. I know that so please mom stop torturing her mom. I’m begging you. Can’t you just accept your son happiness for once mom? Why do you need to do like this? Mom I’m begging you please let Chorong be. I’m the one who force her to marry me not her. I’m the one who make her say yes. She rejects me for god knows how many time mom. So please stop torturing her. I’m begging you. Your son is begging you for the first time mom. Stop disturbing her life.” Then he left.

But before he walks out, her mother stops her and said “Then listen to this Suho. I won’t ever take her as my daughter-in-law forever. I hate her and I will continue to hate her forever. She’s unworthy for you and our family. I’ll do anything to make she left you or you left her. Even I have to do the worst. You were supposed to marry Hyo Rim. I don’t know why you hate her so much and what you see in that .”

Suho turn and said angrily “That girl you just call is my wife Mrs. Kim. And what do I see in her. Well she’s not cheap and like your dream daughter-in-law Hyo Rim who sleep with every guy he date. She’s the real mom. And don’t ever call my wife a Mrs. Kim. If not I’ll act worst.” Then he left.

“I’m disappointed in you honey. How could you do this your own son? The son that you love and care so much. Isn’t his happiness count for you? Must we always make you happy? Why can’t you for once sacrifice your happiness for your own son?” Mr. Kim ask.

“Yes his happiness count for me but not with that girl. He won’t be happy with her. And I promise you that he won’t be happy with her.”

“You need to stop this Kim Hee Kyung. I’m begging you. Your husband is begging you to stop this.” Mr. Kim said in his angry voice.

“I’m not going to stop. And that’s my final decision.” Mrs. Kim said it and walk in her room.

Namjoo on the other side didn’t know what to feel. She was happy that her oppa know about this. She felt guilty because her mom will hate Chorong more. She’s confused. Did she did a good thing or not. Her father saw her daughter worried face. He walk to her daughter and said “What happen princess?”

“Dad did I do a good thing by telling oppa about this. I’m happy that oppa know about this but I’m scared that Chorong unnie will hate me. Mom must hate her more this time.”

Mr. Kim hug her in his arm and said “You did a good thing sweetie pie. At least I know now how far your mom will go. Don’t worry, Chorong have a really good and kind heart. She’ll forgive you.”

“I hope so dad. She’s the only friend I have dad.”

“I know. Now stop crying.” Mr. Kim pull Namjoo from his arm and wipe her tears. Then he said “Now I want to see my princess sweet smile.”

Namjoo smile at her dad. Her dad smile back. “That’s it. Smile. you know that your dad hate to see my daughter tears. Now go up and rest.”

Namjoo shook her head and said “No. I need a fresh air. I’m going for a walk. Can I dad?”

“Sure. But be careful okay.”

Namjoo nod her head, kiss her dad cheek and walk out from the house. She walks and walks until her leg was tired. She sit at the bas stand to wait for a bas. Then a white Porsche cayenne stops infornt of her. She look at the car, and saw Kyungsoo came out form the car and walk infornt of her.

“Hi Namjoo. What are you doing here alone?”

“Hi Kyungsoo oppa. Nothing. Just need an air. What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you been in work now.”

“I was on my way to the office and I saw you with your gloomy face. So I stop. So where are you heading to?”

Namjoo smile. She find it funny. Not because of what Kyungsoo say but because of her. Even she didn’t know where she wants to go.

“Why are you laughing?”

Namjoo shook her head and said “Nothing. Is just that even I don’t know where I’m going. I’m just following where my feet will bring me.”

“By looking at your face, it’s a bad day. Come follow me. I know where to go to calm down your mind and remove all your anger.”

“But you need to go to the office.”

“I’m the boss, Namjoo. It’s up to me when I want to go in and when I want to go out. Anyway, I don’t have any appointment in the evening. Come.” Kyungsoo open the door for Namjoo.

Namjoo was thinking for a while. Then she stand up and slid in the car and thank him. Kyungsoo walk to his side and slide and press the gas.

They stop at one river that’s no one there. Kyungsoo turn off the car, get out from the car and then open the car for Namjoo. Namjoo thanked him again.

“This place is beautiful. It’s so calm and peace here.”

“Yes it is. This the place I always go if I’m stress.”

Both of them lean at the car and look at the river. then Kyungsoo said “You can let out your anger here. No one will hear it.”

Namjoo look at Kyungsoo and ask “How?”

“Depended. If it was me, I will shout. I let out my anger by shouting. It’s a very good therapy and it works. Come one try it if you don’t know what to do.”

Namjoo breath in and let it out. She stand up straight and walk near the river. Then she start to shout, letting everything out. Kyungsoo just smile at for behind and look at her. She must have a lot stress. Why does she still look beautiful even she’s shouting. Kyungsoo taught. Then he walk and stand beside her and shout with him. Then they stop and look at each other. Then both of them laugh without any reasons.

“You feel relief isn’t it.”

“I have to admit it. It work.” And both of them laugh again. But a phone call from Namjoo phone stop their laugh. Namjoo pick up and said “Yup what is it Hyuk?”

“God I totally forgot about that. I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” Then she hang up. She look at Kyungsoo and said “Uhm.. can you send me to my collage. I have an assignment to send today and I totally forgot about it.”

Kyungsoo smile and nod “Sure. Why not. Shell we go now.”

Namjoo nod. Then they went to car and drive off. In the car Kyungsoo ask “So who was that guy. A boyfriend of yours.” He was curious about this.

“No his not. Just a friend.” Namjoo said.

He don’t know why but he felt relief.

***

Suho arrive at his own house at night. He went somewhere just to calm his mind. When he step inside the house, it was dark. The light wasn’t on. He felt weird. Where is Chorong? Isn’t she home. But her shoes is here. Suho taught.

Then he open the light and walk to the living room. He saw Chorong was sleeping on the ‘L’ shape couch. He walk to Chorong and move the stray hair on her face and saw Chorong eyes was swollen. She must have been crying out herself until she felt asleep. Suho taught.

“I’m sorry baby.” He apologize. Then he kiss her on temple. The kiss wake Chorong up.

Chorong look at Suho and said “Your back.”

Suho smile “Yes I’m back.” And rub her head.

Chorong sit down and hug her instantly. “I’m sorry. I should tell you about that. I’m really am sorry. Please don’t leave me. Be mad at me. Scold me. But don’t leave me.” Chorong cry.

Suho rub her back to cool down and said “Hush baby. I’m sorry for being mad at you. I was just so angry at mom with what she did to you. I’m not mad at you and I’m not leaving you.”

“I’m sorry. I’m really am sorry.” Chorong keep on apologizing and crying in Suho’s arm. Suho’s shirt start to wet with Chorong’s tears.

“Stop saying sorry. You didn’t do any wrong. So stop saying sorry.”

“If I didn’t marry you in the first place, this wouldn’t happen. You won’t be mad at your mom. You won’t be angry at your mom. I’m sorry for being the reasons why yours and mom’s relation is not as close as before. I’m sorry Suho. I shouldn’t agree to marry you in the first place. I shouldn’t even date you in the first place. I....” Chorong said.

When Suho heard that, he pull Chorong from his arm to stop her, cupped her face and said “Don’t say like that honey. I don’t like to hear that. Marrying you was the best thing I ever did. Mom and my relation was like this before even she care about me. Mom really like to force people to accept her decision and I’ve been following that since I was little. For once I make my own decision and I’m happy with my decision. So please stop blaming yourself and please don’t say you shouldn’t marry me and we should never met. I don’t want to hear it any more. Understand.”

Chorong didn’t say anything. Suho need an answer so he said again “Do you understand Chorong?”

Chorong nod her head and said “Yes I do.”

Suho pull her back in his arm “I love you so much Kim Chorong.”

“Me too.” Chorong said.

“Say it baby. I want to hear it.”

“I love you to Kim Jun Myeon.”

They break the hug and Suho kiss her lips. Then he said “What’s for dinner? I’m hungry.”

Chorong look at her lap and bit her lips. Suho saw that and ask “What happen?”

Chorong look at Suho still biting her lip. Then she said “I didn’t cook. I’m sorry.”

Suho chuckle and said “It’s okay. You don’t need to apologize. You’ve saying sorry so much already for today. Come on, let’s get ready and we have dinner out today.”

“Are you sure?”

Suho nod his head. “Now let’s go and get ready.”

Chorong and Suho stand up and walk up to their room. After the got change, they went for a dinner at their favourite restaurant. After dinner, they went back home, got change and sleep.

The moment Chorong place her head on the pillow, she felt asleep instantly. Suho smile, pull her in his arm, kiss her forehead and went to sleep.