CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

The next morning, Suho wake up and smile looking at Chorong. He kiss her head as usual but this time it was different. Chorong was hot. Suho place the back of his hand on Chorong forehead and the neck and it was hot. Chorong have fever. He panic for a while. This must happen because she over stressed. Suho taught. He stand up, pull the duvet and cover Chorong until under her chin and walk down to the kitchen to take a medicine. Then he climb back up with medicine and a glass of water to the room. He place the medicine and glass on the side table and wake Chorong up by caressing her cheek.

“Honey, wake up. Take this medicine.”

“I don’t want to. I don’t like it.” Chorong said without moving or open her eyes. She couldn’t move and her eyes was so heavy to open.

“No. You need to take it. Please.”

Chorong shook her head, pull the duvet higher and sleep on her side.

“Come on please. At least take the medicine first. Then you can sleep.” Suho hook his hand under Chorong’s head and lift up her head. He tell Chorong to open but she didn’t want to.

“If you love me please open your mouth and take this medicine baby.”

Chorong did. She open and Suho place the pill in and give her water to swollen the medicine. Then he place her back on the pillow and kiss her forehead.

“That’s my girl. Now go back to sleep.” And Chorong did.

Suho take his phone and call his office to tell his P.A that he won’t be going to office today because Chorong is sick and told her to tell his father and cancel all his meeting. Then he walk back to the kitchen to cook some porridge for Chorong. After cooking, he went up and sit beside Chorong on the bed and did his work while waiting for Chorong to wake up.

At one in the evening, Chorong still didn’t wake up. Suho place his laptop on the bedside table and went to the toilet to fill the bath tab with lukewarm water. When the bath tab is full of water, he walk out the bathroom and wake Chorong up.

“Wake up sleepy head. Is time to wake up.”

Chorong open her eyes and ask in a weak voice “What time is it?”

“It’s one in the evening. You need to wake up, take a shower and have your lunch. Then you need to take your medicine.”

“Not again. I hate that pill.” Chorong pout.

“I know. But still you need to take it. Come on wake up.”

Chorong stretch and sit down on the bed. She still weak. When she stand up, she almost fall down because her leg was weak but Suho grab her waist and said “Are you okay? Let me pick you up.”

Before Chorong was able to say anything, Suho pick her up in his arm.

“I’m fine. Really.”

Suho shook his head and head to the bathroom. Without taking off Chorong’s clothes he put Chorong in the bath tab slowly. The moment her body touch her skin, she start to shiver because of cold. Suho take off only his t-shirt and step in the bath tab and sit behind Chorong and place his hand on Chorong waist and each leg beside Chorong’s leg. Chorong lay back and head on Suho bare chest.

“How is it now?”

“Better than earlier.” Chorong said placing her hand on Suho’s hand. Suho kiss her shoulder and said “If you still didn’t get batter at night. We’ll go to the clinic. Okay.”

“No. I’ll be fine. I hate hospital or clinic.”

“But baby, you need to. I don’t like you in this condition. If just I can take the fever from you.”

“Don’t say that. I don’t like to see you in pain.” She said. Then she start to cough.

“Are you okay?” Suho ask in worry. Chorong look at him and nod.

After long enough they stay in the bath tab, they walk out from the tub and dry themselves. Chorong was so weak so Suho was the one who did everything for her. She dry Chorong up and change her clothes. Chorong was shy and blushing when Suho did everything for her and Suho saw her face was red. He smirk and said “Why are you blushing. I saw everything already before.” Chorong start to blush more. Her face turn really red. It’s good that she have no energy to fight or do anything. Then Suho move closer and whisper to her in such a y voice “It’s good that your sick. If not I’ll already take you down on the bed.” Then he smirk.

“Kim Suho.” Chorong said but in a weak voice.

Suho laugh. “I was just kidding. Now lay down. I’ll go and take food for you.”

Chorong did. She lean her back on the headboard and Suho pull the duvet until her waist. Suho kiss her head and then walk out to the kitchen.

Suho feed Chorong. After the lunch, Chorong ask “Who cook the porridge?”

“Why is not good?”

“No. It’s good.”

“It’s me. I wanted to cook soup but I want something heavy for you so you will be full. Is it really good. Sorry I just know how to cook a simple porridge.”

“It’s okay. It was delicious.” Chorong said and smile weakly. Then she said “I’m tired. I want to sleep.”

Suho nod his head and said “Sure. But you need to take your medicine first.”

Chorong pouts and take the pill and eat it. Then she lay on the bed and went to sleep instantly. Suho smile and kiss her forehead and went to the kitchen to wash and make a light lunch for him.

It was night when Chorong wake up. She stretch, yawn and open her eyes and saw Suho doing her work using his laptop and some paper. Suho look at Chorong and smile “Good Morning beautiful.”

Chorong hit her tight and said “What time is it?”

“It’s 8.37pm.”

“I must sleep a lot. What are you doing?”

“Just some work that I need to finish it.” Suho said while typing on something on the laptop.

Chorong poke on Suho’s upper arm that make Suho look at her.

“What is it honey? Do you want something?”

“No. Just want to make you look at me.” Chorong said.

Suho chuckle and said “My wife doesn’t sound like my usual one. Something must happen when she was sick.”

“Nothing happen. Just I miss you.”

Suho place his laptop and paper work on the bedside table and look at Chorong. “Hey what happen?”

Chorong smile and shook her face. “Just I miss you that’s all.”

Suho was about to take his glass off but Chorong stop him by grabbing his arm. Suho look at her and rises his eyebrow.

“Don’t take it off. You look hot and cute wearing glasses. I always like it if you wear your glasses.” Chorong said.

“Really? I didn’t know that.” Suho smile at her.

“Continue doing your work. I’ll go and take a shower first.”

Suho nod his head. Then he tease Chorong “Do you want me to help you like this morning?”

Chorong widen her eyes and start to blush. “No. I’m fine. I’m feeling better now.” She stand up quickly and rush to the bathroom.

Suho was just laughing out loud looking at Chorong’s act.

***

It’s been two weeks now since Suho didn’t talk to her mother. One day, Mrs. Kim call Chorong and said to her that Suho has been avoiding her and doesn’t even want to talk to her now and it’s all her fault. She felt guilty and told Suho to come home early today.

Chorong wanted to look beautiful today so she take a long shower and wear a light brown long, textured crepe skirt flows from a structured, split-back bodice on this slim column. She look at herself in the mirror and smile. Then the doorbell ring telling Suho’s is back.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7545654b6b6c4b6a6449775357513d3d2d3333313933353637322e313438353466376162643361336330333433393934383036383531362e6a7067    

She slide her heels and walk down to open the door. When she open the door, Suho was startle looking at her.

“Wow. You look beautiful today. So is there something special occasion today?”

“Nope. Just wanted to please you today.”

“You don’t need to honey. You please me everyday.”

“Now go and take shower. I’ll get the dinner ready.”

Suho nod his head. He kiss Chorong’s head and walk up to the room.

Chorong walk to the kitchen and get the dinner ready. Suho walk down in his navy blue shirt, black pants and black tie. Chorong look at him in awe. “You look dashing.”

“Well I need to please my wife to.”

Chorong laugh and said “The dinner is ready. Come and sit.”

Suho nod his head and pull a chair for Chorong and told Chorong to sit. Chorong smile and sit. He thanked Suho. Suho kiss her hair and sit beside her and that is at the head of the table. They start to eat and talk about their day.

After the dinner, they sit at the living room and drinking wine. Then Suho ask “So what is today occasion? Tell me. There must be something you want to tell.”

Chorong bit her lips. She know that Suho will ask this question. She smile and said “Nothing. Just.”

“I don’t believe it. Come on tell me.”

Chorong sigh and said “first promise me you will not be angry or mad.”

“I can’t sweetheart. I need to know first.”

“Please honey. For me.” Chorong ask in her puppy face.

“You are not playing fair sweetie. You know I will always lost to you with that face.”

Chorong still looking at Suho with her puppy face. Suho sigh and smile. “Okay. I promise I won’t be angry or mad.”

Chorong smile and kiss Suho’s cheek. Then she hold both of Suho’s hand and start telling him.

“Mom call me today.”

“Why did she call you? What is it that she want now?” Suho ask firmly still trying to control his anger.

“Let me finish dear. Listen to me first.”

Suho nod his head. Then Chorong continue “Mom call me today telling me that you’ve been avoiding her and never call her since that day. And she’s not happy with that. Why are you doing this baby. You are making mom hates me more.”

“I know. But I can’t. Whatever she did to you is unforgiveable. She hurt you. I’m not going to talk to her until she say sorry to you.”

“She’s your mom Suho. You can’t expect your mom to say sorry to me. Whatever she did was the best for you. She was just curious that why I’m not pregnant yet. She want a heir to. So I understand why she been like that. I even understand why she never want me as her daughter-in-law. I’m not rich and orphan. Of course every mom wants the best for their child. So please forgive her and talk to her. At least for me. Please baby.” Chorong cupped his cheek and said “Please baby. For your wife. For me.”

“I don’t know sweetheart. I need to think about this first. I still can’t forgive what she did to you. I need time to think about this.”

“I’ll give you time. But please don’t take too long. She love you and I know you love her to.”

Suho take her hand from his cheek and hold it in his hand and kiss her knuckle. “Why is my wife so kind and taught full.”

“I don’t know. Maybe I know how it feel living with your family and love ones. So I don’t want you or mom go through this.”

“You are so sweet baby.”

Chorong just smile. Suho pull her closer and kiss her lips. It was sweet and gentle. Chorong kiss him back. The break the kiss for oxygen. Then Suho smile and ask “Now what?”

Chorong smile and whisper in his ear “Now dessert.”

Suho rises his eyebrow and ask “Dessert? Interesting. What is for dessert?”

Chorong smile and stand up. Suho follow taught that they need to go to the kitchen.

Chorong pull his tie to make him closer and whisper huskily “Me.” then look at Suho back.

Suho was startle and the he grin “Naughty girl.”

Chorong laugh and pull him by his tie up to the room. Suho smile and said “I like it.”

When they were in the room, Suho close the door using his leg. Chorong pull him closer leaving just an inch and said in her seductive voice “Kiss me my man.”

“I love to my girl.” Suho said in his husky voice and kiss her on the lips passionately. The kiss become deeper and deeper. Chorong pull his tie and undid the tie and let it fall to the floor. Suho push her to the bed still kiss her on the lips. When both of them lying on the bed, Suho on top of Chorong, he move down to her chin, troth, neck and it leaving a mark. Chorong moan Suho’s name make Suho smile and move to the shoulder and then lower. That night went by with them making love for a few times.