CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

That early morning, when Suho and Chorong was sleeping, Suho phone ring. He wake up and pick the phone without looking at it.

“Hello?” he said in his sleepy tone.

“Hello sir. It’s me, Soo Jun. Sorry to disturb your sleep but I have something to tell you.” the caller said.

When Suho heard it, he open his eyes and sit on the bed. “Wait a minute.” Suho said. He stand up and walk out the room and into his office. When he was there, he said “Okay. What is it?”

“We know who did it.”

“Who is it? Did you already caught her?” Suho said angrily.

“Your instinct was right sir. It’s Seo Hyo Rim.”

“But how. She’s not in Korea. If I’m not mistaken she’s in Greece.”

“Yes she was in Greece. But she came back 2 month ago. No one know about this. Even her family. She was planning this all by herself.”

“Then, why did she use my mom name?”

“The guy said that if he ever got caught, said that it was your mom because you or Mrs. Chorong will believe it. When I ask if he knows the reasons. He said that Hyo Rim meet your mom after the big fight and your mom kick her out saying that she was the reasons why your mom lost her family and said that she will never get you and told her that forget about her and your mom will make sure that she will never get you. So Miss Hyo Rim was angry and said to him that no one stand between her and you. So that’s the reasons. She was more angry when she knows that Mrs. Chorong and your mom meet.”

“Wait. What? Chorong meet my mom.”

“Yes several time.”

“Did you know when?”

“I’m not sure but the guy said that it was a week after the big fight.”

Suho sigh. He didn’t know that. When did Chorong meet his mom since he always pick her up and send her to work. Then he said “Okay. Just arrest Hyo Rim first and ask her to tell everything. I’ll meet you tomorrow.”

After he hang up, he huff under a heavy load. When he cool down, he walk back up into his room and lie down beside Chorong. He look at Chorong and said “Why did you meet mom? Why didn’t you tell me sweetheart?”

Chorong snuggle closer to Suho and murmured “I love you Suho.”

Suho smile. “I love you too honey.”

Then he hug Chorong tight and when to sleep.

***

The next afternoon, Chorong was getting ready and didn’t realize that Suho was there looking at her. Suho lean his side on the door-frame and hand fold on his chest. When Chorong felt like someone was looking at her, she look at the door and saw Suho and smile.

“Do you really need to go?” Suho said walking near her and hug her from back.

“Yes. I’m sorry. But I promise Irene.” Chorong said still doing her makeup.

“But it’s weekend. I want to be with you.”

“I want to be with you too, but I promise her. I’m sorry.”

“When will you be back?” Suho ask looking at Chorong in the mirror.

“In two or three hours. Why?”

“Nothing. Just asking. Anyway, why are wearing makeup and wearing such a beautiful dress. Are you sure you’re going to meet Irene? You’re not cheating on me isn’t it.” Suho ask jokingly.

“No I’m not. I’m meeting Irene only. Just I wanted to wear this dress today. That’s why. Now let me go. I need to go now.”

Suho shook his head and nuzzle his nose and blow on Chorong’s neck.

“S..Suho.” Chorong shutter.

“Hmm..”

“S...Suho p..please.” Chorong said. Suho look at her in the mirror and saw Chorong was closing her eyes trying to control herself. He smile under Chorong’s neck and said “You enjoying isn’t it.” And place a soft kiss on her shoulder. Chorong open her eyes and saw Suho was looking at her with chin on her shoulder. She push Suho away and said in her sulking tone “You were teasing me.”

Suho laugh and said while holding his ears “Sorry.” And pull her again in her hug this time Chorong was facing him.

“Let me go. I have to make a move. Mr. Shin might already waiting for me.” Chorong said pushing his chest slightly.

“Okay. But I need my goodbye kiss.”

Chorong cupped his face and planted a soft and short kiss on his lips. Suho smile and kiss her forehead, then let her go.

Chorong take her handbag and walk said bye to Suho before going out from the room.

***

“Daddy, where is mommy. I need mommy.” Haneul who just wake up from his evening nap said in his almost crying tone.

Suho look at his son and said “Your mommy is out with your aunty Irene. She will be back soon. Why my little prince?”

“Can you call mommy. I want to talk to mommy. I want mommy.” He start to cry.

Suho pick him up and said "Hey why are you carying. Okay, daddy will call mommy okay. Now stop crying." Haneul nod her head and stop crying. Suho smile and nod. He take his phone from the coffee table and dial Chorong number but Chorong didn’t pick it up. He try again and again for so many time. He frown and said to himself “Why is she not picking up the phone?”

Then he call Changsub to ask Irene number.

“Hello Changsub. Sorry to disturb our weekend. But can I have Irene number please.”

“Why do you need my girl number for?”

“I have something to ask her. Please.”

“I’m not giving until you tell me the truth. Why do you need her number?”

“Okay. Damn you’re so jealous. I need to talk to Chorong. She is out with your girl. That’s why.”

“No she is not. Irene is with me now. She is sitting in front of me.”

“Since when?” Suho ask furious

“Since morning. Why?”

Suho sigh and said “Nothing. Anyway, thanks. Bye.” Then they hang up.

Where did you go Chorong? Why did you lie? Is there something you’re keeping secret from me. Suho thought.

“Daddy. Where is mommy? Why aren’t you calling mommy?” Haneul sad voice bought him back.

“Mommy must be busy. I’ll try to call her again okay.” Suho said try to coax her.

So he try again for the last time. Just then someone walk in the house. Haneul and Suho turn to look who it was and saw Chorong. Haneul was happy and step down from Suho lap and ran to her. He hug Chorong leg and cry.

“Mommy. Don’t leave me alone.” Haneul said sobbing.

Chorong look at Suho and mouthed “What happen?” Suho just shrugged. Chorong felt guilty and pick him up and hug him tightly and said “Mommy is not going anywhere munchies. Stop crying.”

“You are. Aunty said that you are going to leave me like how you leave daddy.”

Chorong frown and start to worry. She walk to the couch carrying Haneul in her arm, place her handbag down and sit on the couch and Haneul on her lap. She pull Haneul from her hug and cupped his face said looking at Haneul face.

“Haneul, tell mommy who said it?”

“Aunty. Haneul don’t know the name. But she said mommy going to leave me.”

“Where did she said that?” Chorong said and start to worry.

“At daddy’s work place. When daddy told me to go to granddad because he wanted to talk to his friend. Before I open granddad door that aunty pull me and said mommy going to leave me.”

Chorong look at Suho who was sitting beside her in worried. Suho know what Chorong wanted to ask so he told her to cool down first. Chorong nod and look back at Haneul. He cupped his face and said “Listen to mommy Haneul. Mommy is not going to leave you. Okay. Mommy won’t ever leave you. Whatever the aunty said it’s a lie. Haneul do you remember how the aunty look.”

Haneul nod her head. Chorong take her phone out and Google Hyo Rim picture. Then she show him that picture.

“Was it this aunty said it?”

Haneul nod and hugging her again and cry. Chorong was shock and hug him back. She ask “Baby tell mommy. Did the aunty hurt you?”

“Yes. She was holding my hand tightly. It hurt mommy.” Haneul said crying.

Chorong hug him tightly and rock her body front and back trying to calm Haneul down. Suho saw Chorong worry face and hug her and Haneul. Then Haneul stop crying. She pull Haneul from the hug and saw he was already sleeping. When she was about to stand up, Suho stop her and said “I’ll do it. You go and take a shower and change. I’ll be in the room. I need to talk to you.”

Chorong nod her head but was still worry. Suho saw her worry face and said “Don’t worry honey. I won’t let her harm my wife and my son.”

Chorong smile at Suho. Suho take Haneul from the Chorong and carry him to his room. Chorong walk up and into her room to take shower and change.

Just after she change to a comfortable clothes, Suho walk in the room. Chorong look at him and smile but sadly. Suho walk near her and hug her.

“Everything’s going to be okay. Don’t worry. I promise to take care of both of you didn’t I. So don’t worry. She won’t able to harm us now.”

“I don’t know Suho. I’m scared. What if she hurt him?”

“It won’t happen. She got arrest last night.”

Chorong pull from the hug and said “What? Why?”

“She was the one who blackmail you.”

“But she’s not here. She’s in Greece.”

“She came back last two month ago. Come sit down. I tell you everything.”

Suho pull her to sit on the bed. Chorong just follow. When they settle down, Suho start to tell her everything from the beginning where his mother was accuse to what happen this early morning accept the part which Chorong meet his mother.

“Everything’s going to be okay now. Don’t worry okay. I’m gonna meet her tomorrow and ask everything okay.”

Chorong nod and said “Can I come? Please.”

Suho smile and said “Sure you can sweetheart.” And pull her in his arm. Then Suho wanted to ask about where she go this morning.

“Honey, where did you go this morning?”

Chorong again pull from the hug and said “I told you. I went to meet Irene. Why?”

Suho sigh and said “Are you telling the truth? Don’t lie. I’m asking you again. Where did you go?”

Chorong stand up and face her back to Suho and ask “I told you. I went to meet Irene. Why are you asking me? Do you have a doubt with me?”

“No Chorong. I never. But I try to call your phone for a lot of times. But you didn’t pick up. So I call Changsub to ask for Irene number. But Changsub said that Irene was with him from morning. So please baby. Tell me where did you go. Please don’t lie. Did you go and meet mom?”

Chorong widen her eyes and turn to look at Suho in shock.

“You did. Didn’t you. I know about it.”

“W..When?”

“This morning when my PI call. He said Hyo Rim was so mad when mom push her away and she got angrier when she saw you walking in mom house and talk to her as if you guys patch up. So did you meet her today honey. Please. No more lies.”

Chorong nod and said “Yes. I’m sorry I keep this from you.”

“No wonder you always tell me, dad and Namjoo to talk to mom.”

“I’m sorry. But I’m telling you the truth. Mom really change. She like me now and she miss all of you. It’s been two month now Suho. Can’t you just forgive mom.”

“No sweetheart. I will one day but I don’t know when. Whatever she did it’s unforgiving. So please stop forcing me.”

“Suho please listen to me. Listen to what I want to say. It was not mom fault. Hyo Rim force her to agree with her plan. She was blackmailing mom. She said the if she don’t get you she will kill everyone. When it’s everyone is you, dad and Namjoo so that mom will stress out and she will make that mom was the one kill them. So please Suho. She was trying to save her family.”

“I don’t care Chorong. She still in guilt. She was in the plan. She try to hurt you and break us apart. I’m not going to forgive her now or maybe never. I don’t want to hear it anymore and I don’t want you to meet her.” Suho spit in angry.

Chorong know he is angry with her because he call her by her name. She walk near Suho and cupped his face “Okay. As you wish. I was just doing my job as a daughter-in-law. She miss you that’s why. I won’t talk about it anymore. But please, don’t stop me from meeting her. I lost more than 5 years with her. So please don’t stop me from meeting her.”

Suho look at Chorong and take her hand from his cheek and said “How can you forgive her after what she did?”

“Because she’s your mother, and my mother-in-law.”

“You are so sweet baby.” And kiss Chorong’s lips.

Chorong smile and said “Now let’s go down. I need to prepare dinner and dessert.”

Suho smile and whisper in her ears huskily “We can prepare dinner later. I want dessert.”

Chorong know what Suho mean and push him on the bed and ran out the room. Suho laugh.

In the kitchen, Suho was helping Chorong but most of the time disturbing her. Chorong got annoyed and said half shout “Kim Jun Myeon. Go and sit in the living room and stop disturbing me. I need to cook.” Pointing to the living room.

“I want to help baby.”

“You’re not helping at all. Now move your to the living room now.”

“Chorong...” Suho said but Chorong cut her off “NOW!”

Then they heard people laughing. The look at the voice and saw Namjoo and Mr. Kim standing near the dining table laughing at them.

“Suho when your wife say go and stop disturbing them cooking. Just listen. Because when a woman is cooking their anger is different. I know where that anger come from. Maybe from the heat.”

Namjoo just chuckle. Suho just nod and walk to the living room with Mr. Kim. While Namjoo start to help Chorong.

At the dining table, Mr. Kim ask “Where is my grandson?”

“Sleeping dad. He was so tired. When he wake up, I’ll give him some food. Just don’t want to disturb him now.”

Mr. Kim just nod his head. Then he ask “So princess when do you want your engagement party.”

Namjoo look at her dad and said “Dad, I don’t want to have party. Can I?”

“Nope. Your oppa had a party and I want my daughter to have it to. Your my one and only daughter. I want to have a party for it. Please princess. It give me happiness.”

“If it give you happiness then I’m fine with it. But just ask Kyungsoo first.”

“Don’t worry about that. I ask him already and his okay with it. He want to show to the world that your taken and your his.”

Just then Chorong chock. Everyone look at Chorong. Suho give Chorong water. Chorong take it and drink it.

“Are you okay honey?” Suho ask in worry.

Chorong smile and nod. “Yeah I’m fine.”

“What happen? Suddenly.”

“Nothing. It’s just that when dad say that Kyungsoo agree for the party reasons is the same reasons you say it to me.”

Namjoo and Mr. Kim just chuckle. Then Namjoo said “God! Why with the rich guys being really possessive man.”

“I don’t know Namjoo. Believe me. you need to ask them by yourself.” Chorong said.

Then Suho said “What? We just want to show everyone what’s ours and do not disturb them. Is not easy for guy like us find a true love. Isn’t it dad?”

Mr. Kim smile and nod his head. Then Mr. Kim said “Anyway, I have something to tell you guys.”

“What is it dad?” Suho said.

“Well next week, on my and your mom wedding anniversary. Why don’t you get engage that time.”

“Up to you dad.” Namjoo said.

Then he said “I have one more thing. I’m moving back to my house tomorrow.”

“Really dad? I’m happy for you.” Chorong said smiling. Suho and Namjoo wasn’t.

“Did you forgive mom, dad?” Suho ask.

Mr. Kim smile and nod “Yes son. She’s my wife. And whatever she did was because she wanted to save her family. Hey I miss being romantic with your mom to. I’m jealous looking at both of you being sweet and romantic.”

We all chuckle. Then Mr. Kim continue “I even know Chorong visited her everyday. Why didn’t you told us Chorong. No wonder you always tell us to go and meet her.”

“Really unnie?”

“I have my own reasons Namjoo. All of her love one left her in just one day. I know how she feel. So I brave myself and meet her. We are fine now. I start to know about her and she start to know about me. We are bonding now. She apologize and I forgive.”

“Just like that unnie. Really? She break you and oppa. Remember.” Namjoo ask as if she can believe Chorong can forgive her mother just like that.

“Of course I remember. But that was in past. She wanted to save her family and I understand.”

“Wow. Unnie. You are something.”

Chorong just smile. then she ask “Aren’t you going to forgive mom, Namjoo?”

“I’m sorry unnie. I will but just not now. Can we change the topic.”

Chorong understand and nod. Namjoo is just like her brother. Stubborn.

After dinner, everyone was tired so all of them walk back in their own room.