CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

“Chorong!” Suho shout. Then he opens his eyes and sits on the bed and look at where Chorong was sleeping. He was sweating.

He rubbed his face with his palm and cools himself down.

“What was the dream about? Why does it feel so real? I’m not going to let anyone hurt her.” Suho walk to the bathroom and wash my face. Then he lie down back on the bed and pull Chorong near him and hug her tightly.

“I’m not going to let anyone hurt you, sweetheart. I promise.” He said and kisses her forehead.

Chorong snuggle closer to Suho and murmured something that’s not clear for Suho to hear.

“I love you honey. I love you so much.” and kiss her forehead again and went to sleep.

***

The next morning, Chorong wake up and move Suho’s arm slowly just to make sure he won’t wake up. After taking shower, she wake Suho up and told him to get ready.

While Chorong was getting ready, Suho hug her from back and nuzzle his nose on Chorong neck.

“Baby, can you just take an off day today.”

Chorong frown and ask “I can’t. Mr. Lee has a hectic day today. I’m sorry. But why do you want me to take off today.”

“I don’t know but I have a very bad feeling today. Anyway, when are you planning to tell uncle In Soo about us because I really want you to stop working like you use to. You know I don’t like the idea about you working.”

“Suho, you promise to give me time and not going to talk about this.” Chorong turn around and saw Suho worry face. She cupped her face and asks “What is it sweetheart? You look worry. Is something troubling you.”

He smile and shook his head. “Nothing.”

“Are you sure? Because I’m not convince with your answer and you know I don’t like it if there is worry face on you.” Chorong ask in concern.

“Really, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me baby.”

“As you say then. Now go and get ready. I’ll go get breakfast ready.”

Suho smile and kiss Chorong lips and then let her go. Chorong walk out the room and straight to the kitchen.

In the room, Suho was worry because when he think about the dream it was like a real. God please just make sure Chorong and Haneul is safe. Don’t let anything happen to them. He prays.

That afternoon, Chorong went to meet Mrs. Kim. They really close now and Mrs. Kim regret that she use to hate Chorong so much. Chorong is such a sweetheart and she was blind with her past and Hyo Rim. Chorong told her so many time that she need to stop apologizing and let the past go but she still feel sorry and regret for everything she did to Chorong. They were having discussion about Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim wedding anniversary and Namjoo’s engagement and Namjoo’s wedding.

Chorong told Suho about this and he didn’t like it. It’s not because Chorong is meeting his mother but the thought of his dream scared the hell of him. He wanted to have lunch with Chorong so that he can have her with him. His really worry and he wasn’t even focus on his work.

After having their lunch and discussion, they bit goodbye. When Chorong was about to walk, Mrs. Kim stop her and said “Chorong, have dinner at the house today. I want to cook.”

Chorong smile and nod. “Sure mom. I love to. I’ll ask Suho about it.”

“Okay. See you tonight then.”

Chorong smile and nod but instantly change when she was a suspicious person cover with black jackets and the face was cover by the hood coming toward Mrs. Kim. Then the person, take out a gun and pointing the gun at Mrs. Kim.

Chorong drop her handbag and run infront of Mrs. Kim to move her and at the same time the person pull the trigger and the bullet shot on Chorong’s left shoulder. Then the person shot her again and this time on the bullet hit her leg because someone pushes the person away.

Mrs. Kim was shock and shout Chorong name. Chorong fall on the floor. Mrs. Kim lifts her head and places it on her lap.

“Chorong. Chorong dear, stay with me. Please.” Mrs. Kim said to Chorong. Then she looks at the surrounding and said “Please call the ambulance.”

“We have called the ambulance. They are on their way.” A boy said.

“Chorong please just stay with me. The ambulance is on the way.”

“I can’t mom. It’s hurt so much and I’m tired. Mom please says to Suho and Haneul I love them so much.” She shutter in pain.

“Stay with me dear. Please. Don’t close your eyes. The ambulance is on their way.”

“I don’t think so mom. It’s hurt so much. And I’m tired.” then Chorong faint. Just in time, the ambulance and police came. The police arrest the person which was been hold by the crowed and the ambulance take Chorong to the hospital.

At the hospital, Chorong was brought straight to the ICU. Mrs. Kim was told to wait outside the ICU. Then she take out her phone and call her husband. Just in two rings, Mr. Kim pick up.

“Hello, honey, please come to the hospital now.”

“What happen dear? Why do you sound so freaked out?” Mr. Kim ask.

“Cho...Chorong, sh..she’s in the hospital she got shot. Someone shot her. It’s my entire fault.”

“Hey honey, it’s not your fault okay. Just stay there. Suho and I are on our way.”

“Okay, but please hurry.”

Then they hang up.

Mr. Kim walk in rush into Suho’s room. He didn’t bother to knock and walk in the room. Suho was jolted and look at his dad.

“Hey dad. What happen? You didn’t knock first.”

“Suho, don’t freak out okay.” Mr. Kim said and he looks worry. Suho saw that face and he start to worry.

“Dad what happen? Why do you look worry?”

“Promise me you won’t freak out first please.”

“Okay, I promise. But what is it dad?”

“Chorong.”

He stands up in shock and ask “Chorong? What happen to her dad?”

“She…She’s in the hospital. She got shot. Your mom just call me and told me that.”

Suho panic and ask “What?” he took his key and was about to walk out but Mr. Kim stop him.

“Suho, I don’t think you can drive. Let’s just go with my car.”

Suho just nod and both of them rush to the lift. When they arrive at the car, Mr. Kim told his driver to drive to hospital and fast. Suho start to cry and freaking out. Mr. Kim hold his hand and told him to cool down and nothing will happen to Chorong.

“Cool down son. Chorong is a strong girl. Nothing going to happen.”

“I’m scared dad. I don’t want to lose her again. Why does she need to sacrifice herself everytime dad. I won’t forgive myself if anything happen to her.”

“Nothing going to happen. Have faith in God, Suho.”

When they arrive the hospital, Suho run out the car and into the hospital. He ask the nurse and the nurse told him where Chorong is. He rush there and saw his mom there crying.

“Mom! How’s Chorong?”

“I don’t know. Doctor didn’t say anything yet.”

“What happen mom?”

“I don’t know. We were on our way back, but I stop her saying that you guys should have dinner at the house. Then everything happen so fast the next thing I know she jump infront of me and the bullet hit her. Not once but twice. I’m sorry Suho. If I don’t told her to meet me or stop her and invite her for dinner, this won’t happen. I’m really sorry Suho.”

Mr. Kim who was sitting beside Mrs. Kim pulls her in his arm and said that it was not her fault. It’s already written that this will happen.

For hours and Suho was getting furious.

“What is taking the doctor so long?” Suho start to shout.

“Oppa cool down okay. Relax. The doctor is doing their jobs.” Namjoo said.

“I can’t. I need to know my wife condition. Namjoo I’m scared. What if something happen to Chorong? What if she leaves me? I can’t leave without her again.” Suho broke down.

Mrs. Kim saw that and cries in her husband arm. She was broken to see her son in that condition. Her heart can take it.

Namjoo hug Suho and said a soothing word to calm him down. Then doctor walk out the. Suho stand up and walk to the doctor.

“How is my wife, doctor. Is she fine?”

“She’s fine. She’s a fighter. Nothing to worry about. She’s safe from any danger. Just make sure she don’t move or walk much because the wound is still new and bad, very bad. Beside that everything is fine. But she will take time o wake up since she lost a lot of blood. But she’s stable.”

Suho sigh in relief and said “Thank you doctor. Thank you so much.”

The doctor smile and walk away. Suho look at his parents, Namjoo and Kyungsoo.

“Dad, she’s safe. I’m so happy that she’s safe.”

Mr. Kim hugs his son and said “I’m happy for you. We all are.”

Then the nurse took them to Chorong room. When they walk in, they saw how pale and lifeless Chorong was lying on the bed.

Mrs. Kim walks near Chorong and hold her hand and tears start to fall.

“I’m sorry Chorong. I’m really sorry.” She apologize. She didn’t know what she was apologizing for. Maybe for everything that she did to Chorong.

“Honey, stop apologizing. If Chorong heard it, she won’t like it.” Mr. Kim said.

“Look at her honey. She looks so pale and lifeless. She shouldn’t be here. I should.”

“Don’t say that. Now let’s leave Suho with Chorong alone. Let’s give them a private time.” Mrs. Kim nod. She kisses Chorong cheek and walk out with Mr. Kim. Namjoo and Kyungsoo did the same leaving Suho and Chorong alone.

At the out of the room, Namjoo broke down. Kyungsoo hug her and said if fine now.

“You should look how broken oppa was. I really hope everything’s going to be okay now. They deserve happiness too. They suffer enough. Chorong unnie suffer enough.”

“Cry dove, cry. Let all out. It’s okay to show if you’re broken. I’ll always be here for you.”

“Thank you sugar. Thank you for everything. I love you. I really do.”

Kyungsoo smile and said “I know, dove and I love you too.”

In the room, Suho sit beside Chorong and hold her hand in his.

“Hey sweetheart. Rest well okay. I’ll be here waiting for you. I love you so damn much baby. So you need to wake up okay. Our son is waiting for you.” He kisses Chorong’s hand and tears start to fall from his eyes. It’s a lie if his not worry that Chorong won’t wake up. Yes doctor said that she’s stable and fine. But for him, no. Not until Chorong wake up and talk to him. He places his head on the bed and fall asleep holding Chorong’s hand.