CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

The next day, Chorong got ready, have her breakfast with Haneul and then send him to the day care and went to her work. She greets everyone and starts doing her work. She try to forget everything that happen yesterday. In addition, since its Friday, she knows Suho won’t be coming. It happens like this for almost a month now. Suho will be here every Monday until Thursday and he will be in his own office on Friday if she is not mistaken.

Every single week, she will be waiting for Friday to come so that she can work happily. Deep in her heart she admit that she miss him but working in the same place where your husband that you left and hates you is so not comfortable.

When she was busy packing her things for going home, Mr. Lee come out from his office and hand Chorong a file. Chorong look at him and took it.

“Can you give this to Suho at his office before you go home. I need to settle something and my wife since she’s in a very mad mood this past few weeks since me and her son been busy.”

Chorong smile and nod “Yes sir sure. I will.” However, the truth is she didn’t want to do it. She just doesn’t want to meet Suho anymore.

“And make sure you give it to him. Don’t give it to his secretary. If his not in the office then you can just give her tomorrow.”

“Okay Mr. Lee.”

“Thank you Chorong. Sorry to trouble you.”

“It’s okay sir. That’s my job. You can go home now.” Chorong said and smile.

Mr. Lee smile back, nod and said bye.

Chorong take her handbag and the file and walk to the elevator. She walk to the bas stop and wait for the bas there. she look at the file and sigh.

“I’ll give the file. Place it on the table. Then bow and say goodbye. Then I’ll walk away. That’s all. You can do it Chorong.” Chorong talk by herself.

When the bas came, she hop on. When she arrive at the place, she take a deep breath and let it go. She meet the attendee.

“Hello miss. I’m here to meet Mr. Kim. I need to give this file to him.”

The lady smile and said “Which Mr. Kim would you like to meet? And do you make any appointment.”

“Sorry. Mr. Kim Jun Myeon. No I didn’t. It’s last minute. That’s why. Is he here?”

“Yes he is. Wait I’ll call him first. May I know you name miss?”

“Is Kim...” She stop and shook her head and said “Is Park Chorong.”

She told Chorong to wait. When she was done, she gives Chorong a card and tell her to use the private lift. Chorong nod and thank her and then walk to the lift. She was freaking out for a while. When the lift door opens, she walk out and meet her assistant. The assistant is still the same assistant.

“Chorong. How are you? We miss you.” The assistant said. She was happy to see her again.

“I’m fine. I need to meet Mr. Kim. I need to give him this.”

“Yes. Sure. He must be happy to see you. Go on.”

As if. He hates me now. Chorong taught. She nod and smile. She walk to the door and knock it.

“Come in.” Suho said from inside.

Chorong take a deep breath and let it go. When she was really ready, she open the door and walk in. Suho was looking at her.

God! How can she still look so beautiful like that. I miss her. I miss her in my arm. Is just been half day and I already miss her. and the fact that I miss her make me angry. I need to hate her. But she look so hot in that dress. The same dress she was wearing when I confess that I love her. Why is she doing this to me?  Suho taught.

She stop right in front of the desk and place the file in front of him. Then she said “This is the file that Mr. Lee told me to give you.” Then she bow and said “If that’s all, I’ll get going.”

Then she turns her heels and was about to open the door when Suho stop her by saying “You’re wearing the same dress when I confess that I love you.”

Chorong was wearing a black floral print flare dress with belt. It was a dress Chorong bought specially for a date with Suho. She just wanted to look good, nice and wearing a new dress for Suho. She didn’t know that Suho will confess that day.

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5762616a2d3666596766726444773d3d2d3333373332373835372e313438396232663835346234363330343236343331333930343230382e6a7067   

 

Chorong stop. He remembers. He exactly remembers what I was wearing that night. Chorong taught. She closed her eyes for a moment and pretends that it didn’t affect her. When was about to open back the door, Suho ask a question that make Chorong startle and tears up.

“Why did you leave me Chorong? Why did you leave me all alone when I needed you the most that time? Where you’re feeling for me was real even for once? Did you really love me or it was all a lie?” He said in low voice.

Chorong close her eyes trying not to cry. Tears start to fall but she covers it. She takes a deep breath and walk out the room leaving all Suho’s question. She was waiting for the lift but suddenly, she feel the lift is so slow so she uses the stairs. She just wants to run away from that floor. She just wants to run away from Suho as she did 4 years ago.

She run down the stairs until one moment she was tired. She stop and sit on the stairs and cry holding her chest. It was hurting so much and everything that she did 4 years ago come back in her memory. The moment Mrs. Kim insult her and telling her to leave Suho. The moment he looks at Suho for the last time. The moment when exactly after the day she left Suho, Suho wake up and reaffirms that she is a jinx. How she visit Suho secretly from far and saw him suffer. She could not take it anymore. She wanted to tell him that she still love him. She still wants him in her life. Tell him that they have a charming and beautiful son name Haneul. Tell him about Haneul but she cannot. She have to sacrifices that. She have to sacrifices her love that she have for Suho.

When she cool down, she stand up and continue walking down the stairs. She gives the assistant the card and thanks her. Then she walks straight to the bas stop and when to pick Haneul up.

In the office, Suho was cursing himself. He saw that Chorong was crying. Chorong did not realize that he was right behind her.

I make her cry. Why am I feeling guilty for making her cry? But why is she crying after listening to my question? Suho taught. Just then his one of his friend a detective come and knock. He told him to come in.

“Hey dude, how are you?” That person says.

“I’m fine. So did you find anything?”

He shook his head. “I can’t find anything under the name of Park Chorong. The last time she use the name Park Chorong is the day before she marry you.”

“How come? She still use the name Park if I’m not mistaken.”

“I don’t know about that. But by the way we investigate about her, that was the last time she use the Park as her surname.”

Suho frown and rub his face with his palm. Then he remember Changsub. He take his phone and call Changsub. In just two ring, he pick up.

“Yes Mr. Suho what can I do for you?”

“Changsub I need to ask you something and please tell me the truth.”

“Okay, what is it?”

“What did Chorong use as her surname in the employee form?”

“Why are you asking that?”

“Just answer me damn it?” Suho said angrily.

“Okay. Cool man. She uses Kim. Kim Chorong. Her husband surname. Why?”

Kim. She still using Kim. But why? She left me. Did she marry other guy. That can’t be happen since she is still my wife. I didn’t divorce her. And she knows that. Suho taught.

Suho brought back to reality when he hear Changsub calling his name.

“Suho! Are you listening?”

“Yes I am. Changsub I know this is stupid and unreal, but can I see her employee form?”

“Why? I don’t understand.”

“Please Changsub. I’ll tell you when the time comes.”

“Okay fine. Since you are my cousin, I will do it. I will give it to you tomorrow. Let’s meet.”

“Okay. Thank you man. I’ll text you the place and time.”

“Okay then. Till’ then.” And they hang up.

Suho was hoping that tomorrow come fast. He looks at the detective and said “Try to find out about Kim Chorong.”

He nod his head and bid goodbye.

“Chorong I’m gonna find out everything about you and I’ll find out why you left me.” Suho said.

Just then, Hyo Rim and Mrs. Kim walk in and greet him.

“Hello son.”

“Hello Suho.”

Suho look at both of them and sigh. In all time, why does they need to come today. Suho taught.

“Hey mom. What are you doing here?”

“You forget isn’t it. We are having dinner together. Remember.”

“Sorry I forget. It’s been a busy day. But it suppose to be a family dinner. So why is she here?” Suho ask looking at Hyo Rim. He don’t know why, but he still hate her so much.

“She’s going to be family soon. So she need to follow us.”

“Family? How? Who’s going to marry her. I don’t remember having a older brother or younger brother then me.”

“I’m talking about you Suho.”

“No mom. I told you for how many time. I’m not going to marry anyone especially her. So please just let it go.”

“Suho please listen. Until when you want to be single and live like this. That leave you. Start a new life. She won’t be coming back.”

“Mom. Stop it and I mean it. If you continue this I won’t go to the dinner.”

“Okay fine. Now can we just go? Your dad and Namjoo are waiting for you.”

Suho nod his head, stand up and take his blazer. Then all of them walk to the lift to the car park.

On the way, only Mrs. Kim and Hyo Rim were talking. Suho was being quiet and was thinking about Chorong and why is she still using Kim as her surname.

At the restaurant, the three of them walk in and went to the table where Mr. Kim and Namjoo sitting. When they look at the three of them, Namjoo and Mr. Kim face change a bit. Then Mr. Kim cover it up with a smile. While Namjoo, she is still angry and annoy. When all of them sit, Namjoo ask “What is she doing her? It’s a family dinner. In which part of family she don’t understand.”

“Namjoo behave. She’s a guest and she’s going to be a family soon.”

“Family! How? I don’t remember having any other brother beside Suho oppa.”

“Namjoo please. I have no mood to fight with you today. She’s going to be a family and I know one day she’ll marry Suho.”

“I don’t approve. I only have one sister-in-law and her name is Park Chorong. I won’t take anyone else as my sister-in-law beside her.”

“Stop saying her name. It’s a family dinner Namjoo. Why do you need to say an outsider name in family dinner?”

“She’s a family mom. She is still oppa wife and you are the one who bringing an outsider in a family dinner. Now mom you choose. You’re not going to happen daughter-in-law leave or you daughter leave. She leave or me, mom.”

“Namjoo stop being a child and can just have a normal dinner.”

“No mom. I’m not going to have a dinner with this .”

“KIM NAMJOO. YOU ARE BEING RUDE. SHE’S OLDER THEN YOU AND I AM YOUR MOTHER.”

“Guys, stop it. We are in public. You know I don’t like this happen when we have or dinner.” Mr. Kim who was just sitting silently said it. He can feel the tense between her daughter and wife.

“It’s okay mom. I already know your answer then. I’ll go. She always come first before isn’t it.” Namjoo take her handbag and stand up.

Then her mother stops her by asking, “Why do you hate me so much Namjoo? I’m your mother.”

“I know you are my mother mom. But you need to ask yourself why I hate you so much and I know you know why. Because only you have the answer for that.” And walk away.

She takes her phone out and calls Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo oppa, sorry to disturb you.”

“It’s okay dove. What is it?”

“Where are you?”

“Home. Doing nothing. Aren’t you suppose to have a dinner with your family today?”

“Yes but I left. Can you pick me up please? I don’t want to stay here any longer.”

“Sure. Just wait there. I’ll be there in 15 minute.”

“Okay. Thank you Kyungsoo oppa.”

“No problem Dove. Wait there okay. I’ll be there. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

Then they hang up.

Right after 15 minute, Kyungsoo black BMW X6 stops in front of her and she slid in the car. What Namjoo didn’t know was Suho was watching her from afar. When he saw the car that stop in front of her, he was shock. He knows whose car is that. However, he just let it be. He know that Namjoo is in a save hand. Nevertheless, he was happy for Namjoo to be with Kyungsoo.

Then he walks back inside and his heart start to burn back especially when he look at Hyo Rim face and the smirk on her face.

What is she smirking about? Is she happy that Namjoo and mom fighting? Suho taught but he let it be and sit down beside his dad.

“So where do you want to go dove?” Kyungsoo ask. He was trying to break the silent. He knows that Namjoo is not in a mood but he don’t know why. However, he does not like it. He never like if Namjoo is mad, upset, angry or sad. He like it when Namjoo laugh and smile.

“The usual place. I just need to be there now.”

“Okay. As you, wish Dove. Can I ask you something?”

Namjoo look at him and said, “What is it? You can ask me anything?”

“What happen at the dinner? It’s okay if you don’t want to answer it.”

“Mom bought Hyo Rim unnie with her at our family dinner. And I told mom that she leave or me. So mom didn’t answer and start to shout at me. So I know that mom want me to go and not her. That’s why I left. You know how much I hate that girl and eating on the same table as her is a big no.”

Kyungsoo just smile. He knows that Namjoo hates Hyo Rim so much. Even he don’t like her since they were in the same school. And the worst part is they were in the same class and how she use to look down at him until one day she got to know that Kyungsoo was one of Suho’s best friend. Since that she been acting so good to him and is so damn suffocating. He was always being a clingy type of girl. Always stick to Suho and Suho will hate it so much. She’s a freaking spoil brat and always got whatever she wan’t and she taught that she will get Suho too.

Kyungsoo drive all the way where they usually go when Namjoo in a sad or angry mood.