CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

The next morning, Chorong woke up when she felt that someone was hugging her and she can’t breathe properly and she felt like she was sleeping against a wall. She open her eyes and was greet with a Suho’s chest. She lid her head and saw Suho still sleeping. She was shock and push Suho away. Suho was shock and open his eyes. Chorong step down the bed and ask angrily “What are you doing here? What are you doing in my room on my bed?”

He stretch and said “Sleeping with my wife.”

“Suho it’s not a time for joke around. What the hell are you doing here?”

“I told you I was sleeping with my wife.”

“How did you able to get inside my house?”

“You fainted yesterday at the main entrance of the apartment. Haneul ask for my help and I help. Anyway your welcome.” Suho said sarcastically.

When Suho said Haneul name, she panic. Oh God, Haneul. I hope he don’t know about Haneul. Chorong thought.

She was about to walk out the room when Haneul walk in the room. She look at her son and kneel down. Haneul run to her and hug Chorong tightly.

“Mommy, your awake.”

“Yes baby, I’m awake. And your awake too, early.”

“Aunty Sunshine wake me up.”

Chorong widen her eyes and said “Aunty sunshine. Your aunty sunshine is here? How come?”

“I call her yesterday. You say that if anything happen call aunty sunshine so I did. I did a good job isn’t mommy.”

Chorong smile and nod “Yes you did Haneul. Now go and change, you need to go to the school. Try asking your aunty sunshine to help, okay. I need to talk with this uncle here first.”

Haneul nod his head and kiss Chorong’s cheek and walk out the room.

Chorong stand up and look at Suho who is now standing just a few inch away from Chorong. Chorong turn to look at Suho and ask “Did Namjoo said anything?”

“Yes she did. Everything. Even the part that Haneul is my son.” Suho said.

Chorong look at Suho in shock. Then Suho said “Why did you keep this from me Chorong? I thought you really love me and you told me not to leave you. Then, why did you leave me? Why did you break your own promise? Why did you keep the biggest secret that we have a son?”

Chorong sigh and said “Please Suho, not now. You know everything from Namjoo already so what’s the point of asking me anyway. You hate me and you can continue hating me. But please leave me and Haneul alone. Please Suho. I’m begging you.”

“Chorong please. Tell me. What is it so hard for you to tell me? I need to know why you did this from your own mouth.”

“Suho please. Go home. Leave us alone. We are happy without you. I’ll tell you one day, but just not today. Your mom must be worry you’re not back home since you leave with her now.”

“Happy without me? Stop lying Chorong. Haneul told me you cry every single night looking at our wedding picture under your pillow. And you can say your happy without me. One more. How did you know I leave with mom now? I thought you never want to know about me and didn’t even care about me anymore?”

“Please Suho. It’s early in the morning and let’s not start our day with fighting. Go home. You have work to go and I have my work to go.” Chorong said and walk out the room to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

When she arrive in the kitchen, she lean against the kitchen cabinet and kneel down crying closing with her hand. Suho follow her and saw her crying. He walk to Chorong and hug her. “Why are you still torturing yourself Chorong even after I know everything? Why can’t you just tell me everything and tell me to get back together. I’ll understand Chorong. It’s been 4 years I have waiting for you honey. Please. Let’s start our relationship back.”

“It’s not easy like you thought, Suho. You don’t know how it feel like getting hate from your own mother-in-law. You don’t how it feel like when you have to leave your husband alone when he is fighting for his life. You don’t know how it is to miss you everyday just by looking at your own son who look exactly like you. You don’t know how much I miss you everyday and knowing that your own husband hates you now.”

“I don’t hate you honey. I never did. I try to but I never able to. I love you before, I love you now and I will always love you Chorong. Believe me. I never hate you even if I try to because I love you so damn much. Please Chorong. I miss you so much. I miss you in our house. I miss you in my arm and I miss you every single day. Let’s get back together and start a new life.”

“I can’t Suho and it’s hard. If your mom know, she’ll tell me to leave you again. And this time she’ll take Haneul with her and I can’t leave without him. It’s enough I suffer without you but suffering without Haneul is impossible. I might die Suho.”

“No one will separate us now Chorong. I’ll take care of you and protect you and Haneul, Chorong. Please, I’m begging you Chorong.”

Chorong push him from the hug and stand up and shout “Why can’t you understand Suho. It’s impossible. You didn’t know how it was to leave believing that you’re a jinx and you almost kill your own love one. While the truth was it was a plan. Your own mother and Hyo Rim plan this. They try to kill me in front of you. They were the one plan this but you came and save me and put yourself in front of the car. You know what hurts more, when your own mother-in-law confess that in front of you and say that police can’t do anything since she have no prove and they pay the police officer to close the case. I was the one who should be under the car not you. I was the one who suppose to involve in the accident not you and I start to believe that I’m really am the jinx in the family.”

When Suho heard that, he was so mad. “What? Mom and Hyo Rim was the one who try to kill you?”

Chorong close her eyes and try to cool herself down. It suppose to be a secret and no one suppose to know about it. She open back her eyes and said “I know you won’t believe me but that’s the truth. Mom know about the plan. But when you’re were the one was involve in the accident mom was so mad and she start to feel sacred because I make a report about it. It hurts when mom say that she was able to cover for Hyo Rim.”

“How could she do that? He wanted her own son to suffer.”

Suho was so damn angry, he left Chorong there alone and walk out the apartment and slam the door. Chorong run after him and stop him by pulling his hand and kneel down. Then said “Suho please don’t do any stupid. Don’t go and shout at your mom. Please I’m begging you. If you still love me don’t do it. I know you’re going to shout at mom but please don’t.”

Suho look at Chorong and said “Because I love you that’s why I’m going to do this.” He pull his hand from Chorong and walk in the elevator. Chorong didn’t able to do anything. Namjoo who hear everything was so angry and mad at her own mother. She didn’t know her mother was also in this plan. She walk to Chorong and told Chorong to go inside the house first. Chorong was begging Namjoo to stop Suho from doing anything stupid.

“Namjoo please stop your oppa from doing stupid thing. Please Namjoo.”

“I will unnie, but you need to go inside first. Haneul is waiting for you and crying when he heard you shouting.”

When Chorong hear that, she ran to her house and saw Haneul crying at the living room. She ran and hug him tightly and keep on saying sorry. Namjoo on the other side, walk in the house, take her car key and walk to the elevator drive back home. She call her father to be home. It’s good that his father is still at home. She press the gas and drive faster.

***

Suho on the other side, arrive at his parents’ house and Namjoo did too. Namjoo try to stop her brother but Suho was so furious. He could not hold his anger anymore.

“Oppa please stop. Don’t do it. I know your angry but this is not the way. Chorong unnie won’t like it. And mom will hate her more.”

“I don’t care anymore Namjoo. For the whole ing 4 years I suffer alone thinking that Chorong really left me because of money and mom was just looking without even feeling guilty. Not even once she apologize. This is too much Namjoo. She try to kill my wife. Her own daughter-in-law.” Then he continue walking in the mansion.

When he open the door and walk in the house, he shout calling her mother.

“MOM! WHERE ARE YOU? COME OUT NOW?”

Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim and Hyo Rim came out from the kitchen in shock. Then Mr. Kim said “What happen son? Why are you shouting early in the morning?”

“Ask your own wife dad what she did?”

Mrs. Kim frown and ask “What did I do son? You didn’t even came home last night.”

“What did you do? Let me tell you and make you remember something. That the day when I was involve in an accident, you told Chorong to leave me and despised her by calling her jinx. The accident it was not happen because it should happen. It happen because you and this here plan it." He point at HyoRim. "Didn’t you mom. You were trying to kill your own daughter-in-law just because you hate her so much. Why? Because she’s not rich and an orphan. Because she married me even after you told her not to. And for once you didn’t even apologize to me when that happen. You didn’t even felt guilty.”

Mr. Kim was shock to hear that. He really didn’t thought that his own beloved wife that he love will do this. He look at Mrs. Kim and ask “Hee Kyung is it true? Whatever Suho is saying is it true?”

Mrs. Kim look at her husband with freak out face.

“Answer me Kim Hee Kyung. Did you really plan this?” this time Mr. Kim shout at her make Mrs. Kim flinch because this is the very first time Mr. Kim shout at her. Mrs. Kim was so scared and she nod her head. Mr. Kim was so disappointed.

“How could you Hee Kyung? Why did you do that? How could you even think about that? Did you forget that you were once like Chorong too. You were poor and an orphan too. My mom didn’t like the idea of me marrying you to but she still let me because she saw my happiness in you. When I marry you, you said that you want to forget everything about your past and want to start a new life. So I let you. I didn’t expect that you really let go everything about your past life including the sweet and kind-hearted that you use to have. The real reason I fall in love with you. why can’t you accept Chorong like how my mother accept you. I’m shame of you Hee Kyung. I really am. What did Hyo Rim do until you became like this and always listen to her. What is Chorong’s guilt until you plan to kill her.” Mr. Kim ask Mrs. Kim and pointing at Hyo Rim who was standing there with a shock and scared face.

“Yes I hate her so much. She’s the reasons why my past is hunting me again. She is just like me and I hate the fact that she is like me. After marrying you, I really wanted to forget about my past and start a new life. But when she came, everything that I try to forget come back and I hate it. She remind me of me before I marry you and I hate the fact. What I hate more is she is the opposite of me. She is so sweet, kind, and good and she didn’t care about it. She didn’t even complain about it while when I was in her age, what I did was I complain about my fate. I was cursing my life before I meet you. I hate it because she make me look so small and ugly. How can she be happy with her life like that and I can't.” Mrs. Kim brut out.

Suho and Namjoo was shock to hear about their mother. They always thought that their mother is from a rich family that’s why she act like that. Mr. Kim is so mad and said “Stop it Hee Kyung. I know that is not the reasons. You should be proud of her not hate her. and why do you even like Hyo Rim so much. what did he do to you until you love about her so much. you know how her life is isn’t it. He change her men frequently more than a change their man.”

Mrs. Kim close her eyes and open it back and said “She love Suho so much. And she blackmail me if I don’t help her to get Suho for herself, she will expose my secret and the real me before I married you and destroyed your company. And I freak out. Not because of my back ground but your company. I know if something happen to the company, you’ll break down and your heart attack will came back just like how it happen 10 years ago.”

Suho walk to Hyo Rim and give a hard slap on Hyo Rim face. Then he said “What did you do Hyo Rim? My mom is involve in your stupid plan is all because of you. What you want from me? It’s my money isn’t it. It’s all about money because you can’t live poor. Because if you love me, you won’t do this stupid thing. You want to be happy spending my money isn’t it. At last you really show that you are a , a and a . How could you involve my mother in your stupid plan?”

Then he look at his mother and said “I’m disappointed in you, mom. I love you so much but you break my heart mom. For almost 4 years I suffer without Chorong by my side and almost believe that she was really after my money and you didn’t even felt guilty. You could come and told me or dad about what Hyo rim did to you and we will help you. Mom, you didn’t only make me suffer, but you make my wife and my son suffer to. Starting from now mom, you only have a daughter. You don’t have a son. Consider that your son is dead. Goodbye Mrs. Kim Hee Kyung.”

“Son don’t do this. Don’t leave your mom. I did what best for you. I just wanted to save our family. I really thought that she was not the one for you. I’m sorry son but please don’t leave me.”

“Stop it mom.” Suho say and walk away. Namjoo who was just standing there watching, came near her mother and said “I’m sorry mom but I have been very disappointed in you before and I’m disappointed more in you now. I think is better to consider that both of your child is dead. You always want this to be your daughter-in-law isn’t it. Why don’t you make her daughter now. Bye mom. Bye Mrs. Kim Hee Kyung.” Then she walk up in her room to pack her bag.

Mr. Kim look at her wife and said “We are all disappointed in you Hee Kyung especially me and Suho. I didn’t even think my own wife that I really love able to this. I give you a time to think. Until then, I’ll go and live at some hotel.” Then he look at Hyo Rim and said “You! I’m telling you to leave my wife and family alone and don’t even dare to come near us. If I saw you near any of my family including Chorong, I swear I’ll report you to the police and destroy your career. Now get out from my house.” Mr. Kim shout at her. She flinch and walk out the house. Then Namjoo walk down with a big luggage and walk out the house. Mr. Kim help her daughter and ask her “Where do you want to go princess?”

“Let’s just go to Chorong unnie house first. She need me. She need us. And I bet oppa is there to. To convince her to go back to their own house.”

Mr. Kim nod his head and drive straight to Chorong’s apartment.

In the mansion, Mrs. Kim was really devastated fall on the floor and cry.

“What did I do? I wanted the best from my son and family but I hurt all of them. I lost all of them in one day. I was so stupid. I was just scared with Hyo Rim’s threats. That’s why I did it.” Mrs. Kim say.

The maid help Mrs. Kim to stand up and walk her to the room. Then they got a text from Mr. Kim telling them to take care of Mrs. Kim until he come back that he didn’t know when.

***

What Namjoo thought was real. Suho went to meet Chorong. But they were shock to see Suho was standing outside banging telling Chorong to open the door. Namjoo walk to his oppa and said “Need a help?”

Suho look at Namjoo and nod. Namjoo smile and said “Try your guys wedding date. first four number” Suho did and the door unlock. When the door was unlock, Suho ran inside the house to find Chorong. Then he saw Chorong was sleeping on the couch with Haneul. Chorong was sobbing and her eyes was swollen. He felt guilty and sad looking at Chorong condition. Mr. Kim and Namjoo was sad to look at Chorong condition too.

Mr. Kim walk to Suho and said “I’ll pick Haneul up and lay him down on his bed and you pick Chorong up and lay her down in his room.”

Suho nod and pick Chorong up right after Mr. Kim pick Haneul up. Suho lie her down on the bed and caress her cheek.

“I’m sorry honey, you need to suffer because of my mom. I’m really am. I hope I can make you stop crying now and win back your heart.” Suho lie down beside her and pull her in his arm and hug her tightly. Without realizing he felt asleep too.

Mr. Kim and Namjoo walk to Chorong room to look at Chorong condition, but stop at the door when they saw Suho and Chorong was sleeping hugging each other. They smile at the view and then walk out closing the door slowly and settle down on the couch watching television. Mr. Kim and Namjoo, both didn’t have mood to go to work.