CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

The next Thursday, Suho walk in his father office and saw his dad is talking to the phone. Mr. Kim didn’t realize that his son was in the room since he was facing the window.

“Where are you princess?” Mr. Kim ask.

“What. Why didn’t tell me. that’s not fair. Where are you? I’m coming.” Mr. Kim said in his half laugh and half-jealous face.

“Okay. I’ll be there now. Wait for me until I come okay.” Mr. Kim said and hang up. When he turn, he saw Suho standing near his table. He start to panic but was able to hide it.

“Son. What are doing here?”

“Well it’s lunch time. So I taught about having lunch with you but look like you already have date.”

Mr. Kim just laugh. The he said “Yes I already have a date. I’m sorry son. Maybe next time.”

“Who is your date. You’re not cheating with mom isn’t it.” Suho joke.

“No I’m not. I’m having date with my daughter, Namjoo.”

“Then can I come?”

“NO!” Mr. Kim half shout.

Suho was shock. The he said “Relax dad. But why?”

“Well is a daughter and father date. I don’t want my son to interface.”

“Okay dad. I understand.”

Then Suho walk out to have lunch alone. Mr. Kim sigh relief. Then he went to meet Namjoo.

***

“Hi princess and handsome.” Mr. Kim greet and take a sit beside Namjoo.

“Hi dad” Namjoo answer.

“Hi grandpa. How are you?”

“I’m fine handsome. How’s your school.”

“It’s good. I really love to go to school. I have so many friends.”

“Really. Good job. That sound like my grandson.”

“How is Kyungsoo, Namjoo.”

“His fine.” Namjoo answer blushing.

Then the waiter come to take the order. Mr. Kim order and then start to talk to with Namjoo and the kid.

“I need to go to the toilet.” The kid cut the discussion between the daughter and father.

“Okay. I’ll take you to the bathroom.” Namjoo said.

She walk to the toilet holding the boy hand. When Mr. Kim was waiting for his daughter, someone walk in and greet him.

“Hey dad. Your here.”

Mr. Kim look at Suho with a shock but immediately cover it. “Suho, what are you doing here?”

Well I just passing through and I saw you here alone. So why don’t I come and say hi. Where is Namjoo.”

“She went to the toilet.”

“Can I join? Since I’m here.”

Oh God what should I answer. God help this old man. Mr. Kim praying in his heart. Just then Suho’s phone start to buzz. He pick it up “Yes Changsub. What is it?”

“Yeah I’m free now. Sure why not? Tell me the place.” Then Suho hang up.

“I’ll get going dad. Changsub want to meet me. Continue your date with Namjoo dad.”

“Yes. Sure. Say hi to Changsub. And tell him to come and visit me.”

“Sure dad. I will. Bye.”

Mr. Kim just smile. when Suho walk out from the restaurant, he sigh relief. Then Namjoo came with the boy and said “What was he doing here dad?”

“He say that he saw me sitting alone. That’s why. It’s good that this kiddo wanted to go to the toilet.”

“I panic for awhile dad. It’s good that I saw him first before he saw me.”

“I know. Let’s forget about it and start eating. Come here handsome. Sit with your grandpa.”

The boy nod his head and sit on Mr. Kim lap and they start to eat.

***

It was a the party night. Chorong slip on her dress that Changsub bought for her. It was like a tradition for Changsub to buy her and Irene dress for this function. It was a really beautiful long sleeves open back red chiffon mermaid dress. 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5970766f5474566e6552655a50513d3d2d3333343634343833362e313438373839386164303530333230663538333032313334343835342e6a7067    

It fit her just nice and showing all her beautiful body curve. She apply a very thin layer of make up just like she like it and she did her hair in to an elegant side bun. She take a log for the last time in the mirror and satisfied.

She walk out and saw his son sitting on the couch-watching cartoon.

“Come on Haneul. Let’s go. Mommy need to go now.”

“Okay mommy.” He switch off the television and hold his mom hand. The walk out and ring her neighbour doorbell.

“Oh Chorong ah. Wow you look beautiful.”

“Thank you Mrs. Ahn and thank you for saying yes for taking care of my son.”

“No problem Chorong ah. He’s a good buy and I really like him to come here. Come on Haneul ah. You mom is getting late.”

Chorong kneel down and hug her son. “Don’t be naughty and listen to granny Ahn okay.”

“Okay momma. I will.” Haneul kiss Chorong cheek and Chorong kiss his cheek. The say goodbye and the Chorong walk away to the elevator since Irene have arrive to pick her up.

At the party, when they arrive the guest already start to come. Mr. Lee come to Chorong with his wife and smile to her. “You look good Chorong. Beautiful as always.” Mrs. Lee praise Chorong.

“Thank you. You look beautiful too Ma’am and Mr. Lee you look handsome.”

“Thank you Chorong. I always look handsome.” Mr. Lee said make everyone giggle.

“Thank you Chorong. So this year you’re alone again.”

Chorong smile and said “Yes I am ma’am. What can I do?”

“It’s okay. Have fun. We have to attend the guest.”

“Sure ma’ma, sir.”

Then they walk away. Chorong walk to Irene who was standing with wine in her hand and was talking to the one of their office mate and join them.

Few minutes past and the hall start to fill with the invited guest. When she was talking to her friends, Irene ask permission to go since Changsub is calling her. All of them just nod and continue talking. While Changsub and Irene was attending the guest, someone tab Changsub shoulder. Changsub turn and saw Suho with Namjoo.

“Hey Suho. You came.”

“Of course I will. I got two invitation. One from you and one from your dad. So I need to come.”

“Good. Thank dude. Hey little girl how are you?”

“I’m fine Changsub oppa and stop calling me little girl. I’m 26 years old now. I’m a big girl.” Namjoo said and make Suho, Changsub and herself laugh.

“for me you are still a little girl.” And pinch her nose. Then he continue “Come let’s meet dad. He must be really happy.”

Both of them nod their head.

After meeting Mr. and Mrs. Lee Changsub said “Hey wait here. I’ll introduce you with my best friend since I was in primary school.” Then Changsub ask Irene to find Chorong. Suho just wait with Changsub. Namjoo already gone to eat.

Irene nod and walk to find Chorong. Is good that Chorong was still there talking with their friends.

“Hey Chorong, Changsub is looking for you.”

Chorong nod her head, place her glass of wine on the table nearby and walk with Irene to Changsub. When they arrive, Chorong ask “What is it Changsub?”

“Come I’ll introduce you to my most close cousin. I use to tell about him before if you remember when we were still in school.”

Chorong just nod her head. The walk to Suho who was not far from them. Then Changsub tab Suho hand and said “Suho meet my best friend.”

Suho turn to look at Changsub and Chorong. When Suho saw Chorong and Chorong saw Suho, both of them were in shock.