CHAPTER FIFTY THREE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

The party was going smoothly. Every one of them and the guest was having fun. Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim were busy with attending the guest and talking to some of their old friends. Namjoo was basically playing with Haneul and Chorong. While Suho was talking to his friends and business partner while glancing at Chorong every 10 minutes.

Then Mr. and Mrs. Do walk in. Namjoo face light up and she start to smile. Chorong saw it and said “Someone is happy since his fiancé is here. Go. I’ll be good here alone with Haneul.”

“No. It’s okay unnie.”

“I know you want to go. Go ahead. I’ll be fine.” Chorong said and tap her arm. Namjoo thanked her and walk to her soon to be in-laws.

Namjoo greet Mr. and Mrs. Do and Mrs. Do instantly hug her with a tight hug.

“I can’t wait for you to be my daughter-in-law.” Mrs. Do said. Namjoo just smile and blush. Then Namjoo realize that Kyungsoo wasn’t with them so she ask “Omma, Appa, where is Kyungsoo?”

Mrs. Kim frown and said “I thought his here. He didn’t come back last night. He was in his apartment. He told me that he will be coming here from there. We call him before coming here and he said that his on his way.”

“No. His not here yet. It’s fine. Maybe he left something in the house or stuck somewhere. I’ll try to call him later.” Namjoo said.

The couple nods their head and walk to Mr. and Mrs. Kim for their wedding anniversary.

Namjoo take her phone and start to call Kyungsoo but he didn’t pick up. While she was walking out to the veranda at was place a bit far from the house. She tries it again and again but still Kyungsoo didn’t answer it. She started to fell worry.

“Calling someone.” A voice from behind her said it. Namjoo turn around and saw Ahreum leaning against the veranda pole sipping her champagne.

“What are you doing here?” Namjoo ask in her annoying tone.

“Well if I’m not mistaken, you and Kyungsoo invite me here. So who are you calling? Kyungsoo?” Ahreum said in his sarcastic tone.

“Whoever I am calling is none of your business.”

“It is Kyungsoo. I don’t think so he will come today. I told you didn’t I that he still have feelings for me.”

“Shut the hell up. You think I’m going to believe that your stupid words.” Namjoo said angrily.

“Tsk..Tsk..Tsk.. I pity you Namjoo. Kyungsoo love me. That’s why he left Korea because he was so heartbroken because he love me so much. Now his back and when he saw you, he thought he move on and start to fall in love with you. But the truth is, he was trying to prove himself and to me that his move on. You are nothing to her Kim Namjoo. He still loves me. That’s why his not here because he just realize that.”

“No he doesn’t. Stop bluffing. You think I’m going to trust you. I’m not. He loves me and only me. You thought he love you now. No. He hates you and he thought he was so stupid to leave Korean because a likes you. Because if he didn’t leave Korea, he will me earlier and we might already been married.”

Ahreum smirk and let a cynical laughter. “You think I’m going to believe that. And . Who are you calling . Me.”

“Yes you. Because the one who cheat with him was you, not me. The one that he caught sleeping with other men was you, not me. The one who left him in the first place because of stupid reasons was you, not me. And the one who came back and ing herself to him because she just got know that his taking his father business and one of the top 10 billionaire bachelor is you, not me. So basically, you are a because you just wanted his money not him. You think I don’t know that you still meeting and sleeping with that other men. Is just that I didn’t tell Kyungsoo that you are still sleeping with the same men he caught you sleeping with.” Namjoo said and smirks.

Ahreum face turn to pale and scared that if Namjoo tell Kyungsoo, her plan will destroy.

“So stay away from what’s mine and Do Kyungsoo is mine. If I still see you disturb him or seduce him, I swear I can be more then you are.” Namjoo said and walk away. But in her heart he was scared that what if Ahreum was right. What if Kyungsoo still loves her and decide not to come today? What if his planning to break the engagement and et back with Ahreum? Namjoo shook her head, getting rid of her thought and said “He will come. He loves me. I know he love me. He will come. Something must have come up. That’s why his late.”

When she walk back in the hall she try to find Chorong but she can’t find her but she saw Suho, so she walk to him and said “Hey oppa, is Kyungsoo here?”

Suho look at Namjoo and smirks. “No. Why? Do you miss him already?”

“No. I’m just asking because his late like 40 minutes.” Namjoo answer.

“Oh, okay. Something must came up. Don’t worry, he will be here.” Suho said but his focus was at something else. His face was tense. And he was gripping the champagne class tightly. If there is another force on the glass, the glass will break.

Namjoo just nod and said “Oppa, one more. Did you see Chorong unnie? I was trying to find her, but I didn’t see her.”

Suho answer her without looking at her “She’s there, talking to some guy.” His tone was angry and jealous.

Namjoo look at where Suho was looking at saw Chorong was smiling, laughing and talking to one young guy. Maybe in Suho age or older.

“Ahh. No wonder you look tense.”

“Look at that. How come she can laugh and smiles sweetly like that with other guy infront of her husband. Do you know who he is? She even hugs her earlier.”

“Yeah. He is one of our business dealers or something. I don’t remember. I meet him because I need to design his company web page.”

“Look..look. They are talking as if they know each other for a long time. I swear, I already planning to kill him.”

Before Namjoo was able to say something, Haneul tug on Suho’s pants. Suho kneel down and pick him up and ask “What is it son?”

“Daddy. Can I eat the chocolate strawberry?”

“Of course you can. But did you ask mommy about this?” Haneul shock his head and said “No. I’m scared because mommy will scold me.”

“And why will mommy scold you?”

“Because I already eat it earlier. Mommy told me to stop but I still want it.”

Then Suho ask “Okay, daddy will help you but first I want you to help me. Daddy need to ask something. Do you by any chance know who is talking to your mommy there?” Suho ask pointing to Chorong and that guy.

Haneul look at the place where he was pointing and smile “Yes. That is uncle Doo Joon. Mommy and me always meet him every Saturday at grandpap and grandmomma house when you were away.”

WHAT! They always meet. Why didn’t I know that? Who is he, man? Suho thought.

Then Suho smile and said “Let’s go and meet your mommy and ask about you eating chocolate strawberry. Okay.”

Haneul just nod his head. Suho smile evilly and walk to Chorong carrying Haneul. Namjoo just smile and shook her head.

Once Suho was near Chorong, he wraps one hand on Chorong bare waist possessively and planted a kiss on her cheek. He wanted to just kiss her on the lips but he need to control herself since his at the party and he didn’t want to show that his jealous.

“Hey sweetheart. Who is this?”

Chorong look at him and said “Suho, this is Doo Joon oppa. And Doo Joon, this is my husband Kim Jun Myeon or also known as Suho.”

Suho move his hand from Chorong waist and shake Doo Joon hand and place back on Chorong waist. Chorong bite her cheek trying not to laugh because she knows that Suho is jealous.

“Who doesn’t know him Chorong.” Doo Joon said.

“Both of you look close. Do you guys know each other?”

“Yeah. Remember that person that calls me the day after I got shot, when you ask who was Doo Joon. He is the one.”

Suho smile and nod. Fiuh. I’m relieved. I thought he was one of the guys who try to approaches Chorong because he just wanted to seduce her.

“Oh, his the one. Nice meeting you. At last I get to meet one of her family member.”

Doo Joon just smiles and nods his head. He basically didn’t mind if someone call him CHorong’s family member since he, himself think Chorong as his sister.

Then Haneul said “Daddy, come on. Ask mommy.”

Chorong look at Haneul and said “Ask me what?”

“Haneul wants to eat the chocolate strawberry. Can’t he.”

“No. You eat enough.”

“But why mommy?” Haneul said.

“Yes mommy. Why?” Suho said mimicking his son.

“Because, his been eating sweet things since the party start. Did you drink any plain water today?”

Haneul pout and shook his head.

“Now go and ask Mrs. Shin to give you some plain water.”

“Chorong, it’s a party. Let him be.”

“No. Never. You should see his eating sweet after sweet. I told him if he wants any bread or chicken. He said no and keeps on eating the chocolate. Now go to Mrs. Shin, Kim Haneul and ask her nicely for plain water.” Chorong said in her firm tone.

Haneul wrap his hand on Suho’s neck, hide his face in Suho’s neck and start to sob. Suho look at CHorong and said “Now look your son is crying. It’s a party Chorong. Of course his going to attack the sweets and chocolate. Let him be today.”

“I don’t care. Let him cry. He needs to know that sweet thing is not good for health. I don’t care if he wants to eat it. But you should see the among of food he take and none of them was healthy.”

“We need to talk about this later. I’m just going to give him to Mrs. Shin first.”

“No. Give him to me. I need to make sure he drink the water. Come here Haneul.”

Haneul shook her head and said “No. I’m not going with mommy.”

“Kim Haneul.” Chorong call him.

Haneul start to cry. Suho sigh and call Mr. Shin was near them and told him to bring Haneul to Mrs. Shin and give him some plain water. Mr. Shin nod his head carry Haneul to his wife. He looks at Doo Joon and said “I’m sorry but I need to talk to my wife about what just happen.”

Doo Joon smile and nod his head. He takes Chorong hand and they walk out the hall and walk to the stairs wall and it was a bit hide.

“What was that for? Why are you acting like that?”

“He was eating chocolate as if he won’t get it again. You should see how he was eating it.”

“Yeah, I know. I saw it. But you never get angry because of this. You will kindly talk to him and say that he need to stop now. He can eat it later. But this time, you instantly scold him and said no. You even said that let him cry as if that was not a big deal. Baby, is everything okay? You barely act like this. This past few weeks you’ve been acting strict and different.”

Chorong head suddenly start to hurt. She presses her head with her finger and said “Yeah, everything is fine. I don’t know why I was acting like that to Haneul. Oh God, he must hate me now.” And tears start to fall.

Suho pull her in his arm and said “Don’t cry. He won’t hate you. His your son. He’ll understand why you were acting like that. Now stop crying.”

They break the hug and Chorong head start to spin. So he quickly hold Suho’s arm to stable her body from falling.

Suho saw it and start to panic “Sweetheart, are you okay?”

“Yeah. Is just that my head hurts.”

“Do you want to rest? Let’s go to the room.”

“No. I’m fine. Maybe, I was just stress about earlier. It will go later.”

Chorong open her eyes slowly and the headache start to go. She look at Suho and smile.

“Are you okay now?” Suho ask.

“Yeah. Let’s go back in.” Chorong said. Suho was worry but Chorong smile makes him relax a bit. Then they walk back in the hall hand in hand. Once the step in the hall, Mrs. Kim call her and ask “Did any of you saw Namjoo? I can’t find her.”

“She was inside the here earlier.” Suho said.

“I try to find her everywhere in the hall and house. I can’t find her.” Mrs. Kim start to panic.

“Okay, mom cool down. We’ll go and find her.” Chorong said. Mrs. Kim just nod and Chorong and Suho walk away.

“I know where she is.” Chorong said and start to walk out the house and to the stairs where it leads to the main gate. When they arrive the, Chorong was right. Namjoo was there in the middle of cold sitting at the stairs.

“Namjoo, what are you doing here?” Chorong ask.

“I’m waiting for Kyungsoo. Why isn’t his here yet? I’ve been waiting for him for two hours. His not even picking his phone up.” Namjoo said in her crack voice. She was trying to stay positive and not to cry.

Chorong and Suho walk to her. Chorong take a sit beside Namjoo take his hand. His hand was freezing cold. Chorong was shock and said “Namjoo, he will be here. Something must come up that he needs to catch. Let’s wait inside. You hands are freezing Namjoo.”

“No. I’m going to wait for him. His never late to any date or party. This is the first time. Unnie what if he really left me with that girl. I didn’t see her in the hall. She was here earlier.” Namjoo said and tears start to fall.

Chorong heart hurt to see Namjoo in that position. She pull Namjoo in her arm and said “Believe in him. He will come. Don’t worry about it. Maybe he stuck in traffic or something came up that he needs to settle it urgently. Always think positive, Namjoo. His going to come.”

Suho was furious to about why Kyungsoo is not here yet. He never late for anything. If he really left his baby sister for her ex girlfriend, he swears he will kill him.

Just then, someone walk in from the main gate. All three of them look at the person. Namjoo face light up and she quickly stand up and run toward Kyungsoo and hug him tightly. She start to sob.

Kyungsoo was in shock and instantly worry because he can hear Namjoo sob. So he hug her back tightly.

“Where the hell were you? Your late like two freaking hour Kyungsoo. Do you know how worry was Namjoo?” Suho said in his angry tone.

Chorong hold his arm trying to make him cool down and it work. It always works. Chorong look at Kyungsoo and said calmly “We leave you two for awhile. You need to tell her why you are late without missing any information. Then we will talk.”

Then she pulls Suho with her back in the house and straight to hall.

“Hey, stop crying. Now tell me what happen? Why are you crying dove?” Kyungsoo ask Namjoo. His hand was caressing her hair and back.

“I thought you leave me with Ahreum. I thought you left me here all alone. I thought you still love her that’s why you didn’t come.” Namjoo said.

Kyungsoo frown and said “Dove, you know I love you and only you. Why are you saying like that? Tell me what that girl told you. Did you meet her? Please tell me everything. Wait why are you freezing.” Kyungsoo start to worry.

They broke the hug and Kyungsoo quickly take out his blazer and place it to cover Namjoo’s body. He wipe the tears on Namjoo’s eyes and take his hand and walk to the nearest gazebo.

What the hell was that says to Namjoo? I swear if she said anything that hurt my girl, I’ll kill her. Looking at how pale was Namjoo and how sad she was, hurt his heart.

“Why didn’t you answer my call?” Namjoo ask right after they sit.

“My phone was stolen from me just a few hours ago. I wanted to buy some of you favorite chocolate since you said that you want to eat it yesterday. When I walk out of the shop, someone rob me that time. They were basically tried to kidnap or hurt me but some people there save me. But they take my wallet and phone with them. That’s why you could not reach me. I’m sorry.”

Namjoo cupped his face “Oh My God, are you hurt? Did they hurt you? Are you okay?” Namjoo said in her worry tone.

Kyungsoo smile and take her hand from his cheek and hold it and said “Yeah, I’m fine. Don’t worry. They didn’t able to hurt me. I was basically late because I need to make a report about this. Now tell me, what do you mean by me leaving you and run away with Ahrum. Did that girl say anything to you?”

Namjoo pull her hand away from Kyungsoo hand and look down. She start to play with her fingers. “Nothing. Forget about it?”

“No. You were crying earlier. Saying something like that. Tell me Namjoo.”

“Last two week, I went for a shopping with Chorong unnie. When I was walking back from the the toilet, I saw you with him at one of the restaurant, holding hand. I realize it that she was the one trying to hold you hand while you were trying to pull your hand away from her. Then the day after, she meet me and said that, she will do anything to make you her back and say that you still love her. I didn’t want to believe it but, I keep on seeing you with her. And today, you were late and when I try to call you, you didn’t pick up and Ahreum said that you must realize that you still love her and was just using me as prove to her and yourself that you’ve move on.”

Kyungsoo sigh and said “Why didn’t you told me about this Namjoo? You should tell me about this earlier. Is that all she did to you? Did she harm you? I swear if she does, I’ll kill her.”

“No she didn’t. She just says that she will take you away from me.”

“We’ll handle about this later. Let’s go inside. It’s getting colder.”

Namjoo just nod and they walk in the hall. When they walk in, Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Do walk to them in worry. “Where were you Namjoo? You make me worry.” Mrs. Kim asks.

“I was outside. Need an air.” Namjoo lie.

Mrs. Kim sighs in relive.

“And you. Why are late Do Kyungsoo. You never late before.” Mrs. Do ask in her angry tone.

“Something came up omma. Sorry.”

“Then can’t you call.”

“My phone got stolen. That’s why. Sorry.”

Mrs. Do sigh. Then both of the mothers walk away leaving Kyungsoo and Namjoo. Namjoo give back Kyungsoo his blazer and walk away. Kyungsoo pull her by her elbow and ask “Where are you going?”

“I need wine or Champagne. I’m freezing.” Namjoo said and walk away.

Kyungsoo smile and said “Why are you going alone? Wait for me. Don’t leave me.”

Ahreum who was looking at them from far was jealous. . I really thought he won’t come. If I just didn’t cheat on him, I will be the one who’s going to get married with him. By the time now, I will already at home taking care of our kids in our mansion.