CHAPTER FOUR

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

Chorong was doing her work when she realizes it was going to be one in the evening in just 10 minutes. She took her beg and walk out from the office to the bus station since she can’t drive.

Just a few minutes later, she arrives at the building, which was Suho’s father own. She walk inside, see the receptionist, and ask “I suppose to meet with Mr. Kim today.”

“Did you make an appointment miss?” The receptionist asks politely.

“No. But Mr. Kim said that I need to meet him today.” Chorong said with her smile on her face.

“Can I have your name please miss?”

“Park Chorong.”

The receptionist smile widely and said “Oh! You’re Miss Park Chorong. Sorry. I didn’t recognize you. Mr. Kim is waiting for you in his office. Please use the private lift.”

“Okay. Thank you Miss...Jimin.”

The receptionist smile and bow at her. Chorong walk and step in the lift, which was already open for her. For the whole way up, suddenly she felt nervous.

When she step out from the lift, Suho walk out from his room. Suho smile at the moment she saw Chorong. She was looking beautiful with her maroon blouse tug in her floral printed pencil skirt. When she saw Suho looking at her, she smile and walk at him.

“Hi beautiful.”

“Hi Suho.”

He knows that Chorong was nervous. He hold Chorong and tell her to relax. Chorong was just able to smile.

“How do I look?” Chorong ask. She was scared if she over dress.

“You look beautiful Chorong. Stop worrying. Now go and meet dad.”

“You’re not coming?”

“I would love to. But I have appointment to attend. Sorry baby. Don’t worry.Everything will be fine okay. Now go.”

“Okay. Bye.” Chorong smile and was about to walk away but Suho stop her by grabbing her wrist.

Chorong turn and ask “What is it?”

He move closer and kiss Chorong on her cheek. Chorong widen her eyes and look at Suho who was smiling at her.

“What are you doing? Someone is here.”

Suho laugh and said, “You are so nervous don’t you. No one is around sweetheart. It’s lunchtime. Remember.”

Chorong look at the secretary table and no one was there. Then Suho told her to go. Suho walks to the lift and went inside the lift. She walks to the door and knock. The voice from inside told her to come inside.

When she walks in, Mr. Kim look at the door and saw Chorong. He smile looking at her and Chorong smile back.

“Come in Chorong. Have a sit.” Mr. Kim said pointing at the couch.

Chorong nod her head, walk to the couch and sit.

“Do you want anything Chorong? Tea, coffee or anything?”

“No Mr. Kim. I’m fine. Thank you for asking.”

“Don’t call me Mr. Kim. Your being to formal. Just call me uncle or better call me dad.”

Chorong look at Mr. Kim and said “Dad!”

“Yes dad. You’re going to be my daughter-in-law soon aren’t you?”

Chorong just smile. She really didn’t know what to answer since she taught that Suho must haven told Mr. Kim about what she said that night when Suho propose.

Mr. Kim saw Chorong face change even she was still smiling. He know why but he just let it be.

“Can you wait just a minute? I need to finish this last slide before we go for our lunch.”

“Sure. I don’t mind. Is there anything that I can help?”

“Do you know how to do hyperlink?”

“Yes. Let me help you.”

Chorong walk to the computer. Mr. Kim move aside and let Chorong walk in front of the computer. He told Chorong to sit but Chorong decline it. She taught it will in apropriate to sit on CEO chair. Mr. Kim insist and told her to sit and so she did. Chorong sit infront of the computer and start to move her finger like a pro. Mr. Kim was shock to see how Chorong was handling the keyboard and the mouse.

My future daughter-in-law is very good. She’s good in work and she even can cook. I’m proud of her. Her parents must be really proud of her up there. I’m happy Suho choose her. Mr. Kim taught.

When everything done, Mr. Kim thanked her and tell her that they should go for lunch now.

Chorong nod her head and took her handbag. She follow Mr. Kim from back.

In the car, they were talking about works and more about Chorong life.

When they step out from the car, Mr. Kim offer her his arm to Chorong and Chorong slide her hand in after a deep taught. She smile back at Mr. Kim who was smiling at her.

Now I know where Suho get his gentleman side. It’s from his dad. Like father, like son.