CHAPTER TWO

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

At the park they were walking holding hand. Suho wasn’t calm. Chorong didn’t say anything since they walk out the restaurant. He stops walking and make Chorong look at her.

“Sweetheart says something. You’ve been quiet since I propose you. Why? Are you not ready yet? You’re making me worry.” Suho ask in his concern voice.

Chorong take a deep breath and let it out.

“Let’s sit first.” Chorong said. They went to sit at the nearest bench.

Chorong turn her body slightly to Suho and hold both of his hand.

“Suho I will lie if I say I’m not happy. I’m really am happy. I would like to say yes. But...”

“But? Why there’s but? If you want to say yes, then just say yes. What’s stopping you?”

“Did you ask anyone in your family that you are going to propose me today?”

“Yes I did. I ask dad and he was happy about it since he really like you to. Why?”

“Did you ask your mom about this?”

“No not yet. I taught about telling her after proposing you. Why are you asking this baby?”

“I don’t know how to tell you this. Your mom, she hates me.”

“No she doesn’t. What make you think like this?”

“She hates me Suho. I know. The way she looks at me. Her eyes are full with hates. I’m not comparable with you. She even says that to me. I’m not rich nor am I a beautiful model or actress. I’m not a successful career woman. I’m just a simple worker who’s trying to leave an ordinary life. She never likes me since the first time you bring me to your house. Yes I know your dad and younger sister likes me but your mother doesn’t. She already has someone for you.”

“I don’t care Chorong. I want you and only you. Why is it important? We are not even going to leave with them when we get married.” Suho hold Chorong’s hand firmly.

“Yes I know, but you need to know. For me being love from my in-laws is important. I’ve been leaving without parents since I was 10 years old. I want to know how it feel being love from mom and dad and I will only have that from my in-laws and your mom hates me. Please just ask her first Suho. I’m begging you. If she approve I’ll say yes, but if she won’t I think breaking up is the best way.”

“NO! I’m not gonna break up with you Park Chorong. Never. You are the only girl I’m gonna marry. I don’t care about my mom.”

“Don’t say that Suho. She’s your mom. The one who give birth to you. You need to know her opinion. I didn’t even expect that our relationship will last this long. I didn’t expect that you’ll ask me to marry me in the first place since everyone who comes in my life will leave me. I’m glad that you stay. At least God is telling me I’m not a jinx after all.”

“You are not and you will ever be a jinx. Okay. I will tell mom if you insist. But you need to promise me that even if she says no, you will still say yes.”

“I can’t Suho. I really can’t. If I say yes, I will break a mother’s dream, heart and broke the bonding between a son and a mother.”

“Please Chorong. If you don’t want to see me die please.”

“Don’t say that Suho. You’ll survive. I know. You are a strong man.”

“No Chorong. Never. You are my life and I only want you in my life. If it’s not you, then it’s no one.”

“Please Suho, don’t be stubborn. Just discuss with your mom first.”

“Fine. If that what you want. But I will do anything to make you my wife. Even if I have to jump off the cliff.”

Chorong just smile but it didn’t reach her eyes. Suho smile back. Then they stand up and start to walk back to the car since is getting late.

When they arrive at Chorong apartment, Chorong told Suho not to send her until up but Suho insist. When they arrive at the door, Chorong thank her and about to walk in but Suho pull her and kiss Chorong on the lips. The kiss was soft but deep. The kiss was enough telling Chorong that he love her and he’ll do anything to make her, his.

Suho broke the kiss and place his forehead on her.

“I love you Park Chorong.” He said in his husky voice.

Chorong open her eyes and look in Suho eyes “I love you to Kim Jun Myeon.”

Suho smile and give a quick kiss on Chorong lips and told her to go in. Chorong nod and walk in her apartment.

When the door was close, Suho walk to his car. Before slid in the car he looks at Chorong window and saw her standing there. He smiles at her and blow a flying kiss to her. Chorong did the same. It’s like their routine everytime they meet.

While driving, Suho keep on thinking about what Chorong said. What if what Chorong say was true? What if his mother really hates her, he needs to break up with Chorong.

No I can’t. I need her in my life. I can’t leave with her. I need to discuss with mom as soon as possible. What if mom doesn’t want me to marry her? What should I do? God help me.

He press the gas and drives straight to his parent’s house.

When he arrives and walks in the house, the butler greets him. He ask her where is his mother and the butler said that she’s inside the kitchen.

When he steps in the kitchen, he saw her mother was sitting on the table alone, drinking wine. He knows his father is still in the office since its Friday.

“Son, your home. What a surprise.” His mom stands up and hugs him. She was happy since Suho barely come home.

“I have something to ask you. That’s why I’m here.” Suho said directly. He wants to settle this as fast as he can.

“What is it son?” And sip on her wine.

“I propose to Chorong today.”

His mother stop from sipping her wine and look at Suho. “WHAT!”

“I propose to her today.”

“What did she say? Did she say yes?”

“She didn’t give me an answer yet. She tells me to ask you first.”

“Good. I don’t like her. In fact I hate her.”

“Why mom? What is it that makes you hate her? Is there any lack in her, mom.”

“She’s poor. I don’t like it. She has no parents and she grows up in an orphans. She is not in our standard. She’s not comparable with us. What will people say when you marry a poor girl like her?”

“But mom, I love her. I want to marry her. Mom pleases, for my happiness. Why even her background bothers.”

“No means no Kim Jun Myeon. That’s my final words.”

“Mom please. I’m begging you. I need her in my life. She’s the best for me. She’s the only one I want to marry mom. Please mom, for your son.” Suho kneel down.

“NO! So forget about it Suho.” Her mother stands up and walks away.

“Mom, please.” Suho shout and tears start to fall.

When his mother walk away, his favourite and one and only sister, Kim Namjoo steps in and saw Suho was kneeling down. She ran to him and told him to sit properly.

“Oppa, why are you like this. Sit on the chair. Please oppa.”

“Namjoo ah, what should I do? Mom hates her.”

“I know that oppa. Please just sit first. We can discuss this in a comfortable state. Not like this.”

Suho stand up and sit on the chair. Rubbing his face with his palms. Namjoo walk to the fridge and take out cold water and pour in the glass and give it to Suho. Suho thank her. Namjoo take a sit beside her oppa and wait for him to finish drink.

When Suho finish the water, Namjoo said “I heard everything oppa. What is the problem oppa? You never listen to mom. What happen suddenly? Why do you insist mom to accept her?”

“Chorong said that if mom doesn’t approve this marriage, we need to break up. She said that’s the best for both of us. Namjoo ah, help me please. Help your oppa. Make mom agree for this marriage.”

“You know it’s impossible oppa. Mom won’t agree. And you know that me and mom have never been close. But I can help you with Chorong unnie saying yes.”

“Really? How Namjoo? Tell me.” Suho was happy to hear that. There we hope in his eyes.

Namjoo saw her oppa happiness in his eyes and smile. Then she said “I will. But let’s just wait until dad come back home. Now wash your face and get change. I know you’re not gonna stay here but still go and change.”

“Okay. When dad is home, call me. I’ll be in my room.”

“Okay. Now go.”

Suho stand up and walk up to his room. When Suho was out from her sight, Namjoo call her dad.

“Hello dad. Dad, where are you?”

“Hello princess. I’m on my way. Why?”

“Okay. Just be home as soon as possible. Oppa need our help.”

“What happen to your oppa this time? Did Chorong said no.”

“No dad. I’ll tell you later when you arrive home.”

“Okay princess. Till' then. Bye.”

“Bye dad.”

She cut her call and walks to the kitchen and starts making coffee for three of them.